September 2, 2014 | 1921 users online

Eye Primer - Palladio - Herbal Eyeshadow Primer

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by kk71350

I bought this under the suggestion of emilynoel83 (who I adore, she is a wonderful guru) but I really do not like this product. There is not a lot of product in the tube, and in order to get it to work you have to slather it on, and it uses up the product really quickly. It dries quickly, so I have to find myself applying my eyeshadows quickly before the primer dries. It does not last very long, I find my shadows creasing after a few hours, and it does not make the colors pop. My advice- save your money to get a higher end primer, or the ones that work for me is the LA Colors concealer (sucks as a concealer, but works very nicely as an eye primer. It's a dollar at Dollar General/Dollar Tree or ELF is nice too)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by KeyWestBum

Palladio's herbal e/s primer is a great product. It adheres my shadow prefectly all day long. I can't complain. It's cheap and it works. My only problem is that it can cling on to flakes if you have dehydrated skin. I normally use Lorac bts primer and I find Lorac's to be better for people with dry skin because it's more emoillent and it's easier to spread. I can say both perform the same as for making the shadows vibrant and last long. But, if you are on a budget, Palladio is just around $7 whereas Lorac is $20.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2011 10:46:00 AM More reviews by gloss4me

Good eyeshadow primer, this is the first brand I've tried so I can't compare. It does what I need it to do, keeps colors in place and I also use a bit under the eye. Its in a tube like lipgloss with a wand applicator. It goes on smoothly and its easily blended with a finger.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Sucks. Did NOT help shadows appear vibrant or last long--they were gone (ugly smudged remnants) within a few hours!! My bella pierre primer is a gazillion times better than this. Hate the packaging on this, too. Impractical and stupid.
Edit: my bad! I figured out a way to make this work: use a base under it, then smooth this on top. Add your shadows with a pat pat motion rather than wiping side to side. With regards to blending, DON't put it on near crease or any place u need to blend a lot. It brightens shadows, picks up glitter very well, and i like it when used this way.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2011 1:10:00 PM More reviews by babygirl24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I saw this product at Sally's since I get a lot of my hair products there, and decided to check out the reviews online. I had thought about getting UDPP or even MAC, but decided why not give this one a shot since it was only like $8 when I got it just two weeks ago.

First, I have very oily skin and I live in Central Florida, so I need something that's not gonna crease. The shadows do stick to my lids once I let my primer dry and the pigments are seen more. A little shadow goes a long way. I get ready around 7AM before leaving the house at 8AM for school. My around 3PM my shadows are barely starting to crease, and by the end of the night my eyemakeup is just gone around the crease.

I don't know if I'm not doing something right with the primer, like putting a bit more than I should or not letting it dry, or if it's just that the product doesn't work as well for me as it does for others. I'm just sick of doing my makeup and my eyeshadows don't last me all day like it does for my other friends. I'll keep using it because I'm not gonna throw it in the trash, that's throwing my money away. Hopefully with fall coming up and with it getting cooler over here, it might help.

Hope it does work for you gals though. Palladio does sell good items, like their liners and lip stains.

********************
(3/19/2012)

OK, so now whenever I'm about to put primer on, I always pass a soft face cloth over my lids just to be sure they're nice and dry. And it does the trick. Very happy I stuck with this primer =)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 1:33:00 AM More reviews by rosa2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This primer is awesome. I saw it on a youtube guru's site saying it was comparable to UDPP and boy was she right!
Now thats all I would swear by was the UDPP because I love their eye shadows and the primer was wonderful! I would use it daily and it kept my eyeshadows vibrant, no creasing and no fading even after a fulls day worth of wearing (from 8 in the morning till 9 at night still going strong!)

And then I decided to try this one and see if it was really comparable. See all those great things I said about UDPP, well thats exactly what this primer did with half the cost! I love this primer and will continue to purchase over and over again. Its awesome! It went on just as smoothly and you dont have to pack it on which is nice and it makes a nice smooth base for your eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by ShimmerySarah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a pretty great primer...I would say it's easily comparable to UDPP. It's much cheaper too. I really like it and use it under all my eye looks.
As far as it being "herbal", that's so silly to me. The stuff smells chemically, like any other cosmetic...it's just another marketing gimmick.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 7:53:00 AM More reviews by hdietrich

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first eye shadow primer I have ever tried so I guess I lucked out because this product is amazing!! I have extremely oily skin and hair. I was lucky to get maybe 4 wearing hours out my eyeshadows and then they would start to crease. Now my eyeshadow looks great the whole day 6am till I take it off at bed time. Where has this prduct been my whole life? lol

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by lillyrowan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best eye shadow primer that I have tried. It holds my shadow(s) in place with no fading, melting, or creasing. I have tried several other eye primers including Urban Decay, and this is the best to date. The price is more reasonable than the higher-end primers. Good job Palladio.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 9:38:00 PM More reviews by BrittaBot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I thought this would be a cheaper alternative to UD, and it's okay, but I think it's too thin and greasy to be as effective as I'd like. By the end of the work day, my shadow starts to crease a bit, and I never had that problem with UDPP. It seems this stuff works well for some people, but I'll try a different primer once I run out.