October 21, 2014 | 1862 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Urban Decay - Urban Defense Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 (Halo) [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2011 6:24:00 PM More reviews by csaetern07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product before doing my research on mua and youtube and OMG this product is a TOTAL FAIL! i hate hate HATE IT! I have this in the old pump version which is currently on sale for 6 dollars on the UD website. If you are a 1st time member you'll get a 15% discount off your total purchase. This purchase was a complete waste of money and space on my countertop. I got this in the shade bulletproof. It dries up way too quick that you can't get an even application using your fingers. Maybe my hopes and expectations were too high because it is Urban Decay. You can't go wrong with UD right? Obviously you can! If your shade is ORANGE by all means GO AHEAD and make the purchase, matter of fact I'll give you mines for free :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2011 3:32:00 AM More reviews by AdreeC

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in the original packaging and LOVE it. I have fairly oily skin so finding the right tinted moisturizer to give me some color without the shine is difficult. This does that perfectly. It balances out my skin tone prettily heavily actually. I wouldn't consider this opaque, but it covers like a light foundation on me. I haven't had to use my actual foundation at all since I bought this. I will say that the pump is a bit hard to work with, but after a while you get used to it and know how hard to press so it doesn't really bother me.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by babyjay517

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First off, let me just say i got this on the urban decay website during their sale for only $7. For that price, i would buy it again, but i would definitely never purchase it at full price. I have oily skin that is pretty clear for the most part and with even skin tone. I dont need much coverage, just some color. I find this product to do a good job at giving me some color but it must be used with a setting powder. If you use a tiny amount of the TM with powder, you're good to go. i hate the pump, but you can control it. The texture i find to be gross. for $7 i am willing to put up with all of these flaws but for full price, i expect much better!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2011 5:38:00 PM More reviews by csage

I have this product in the pump version and enjoy it. The consistency of the product is a bit thick which makes it hard to blend a bit. However I stipple this product on instead of blending and it looks fantastic! The color range sucks but i'm NC25 and use bodyguard. It's just a hint darker than my skin color, but when smoothed out gives you a bit of a tan look instead of that wrong color makeup look (if that makes sense). All in all I like this product because I feel like it gives better coverage than most TMs and I have been able to get it cheap since they're switching over to tubes. However, I do not think this product is worth $30. I rate my ELF TM just a bit under this one but the price difference doesn't compare. I will only buy this product when its on sale.

EDIT: I should of mentioned, my skin is combination, dry everywhere except for my t-zone. I don't think any TMs are really meant to work on oily skin in general and this one is no exception. My t-zone is probably average when it comes to how oily it gets (not too oily but still noticeable) so I do have to set this with a powder to help cut down on the oilness. However, I have no problem with this product on areas of my face where it's dry and flaky. It does a good job helping my dry skin stay flake free while wearing it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2011 9:43:00 AM More reviews by chexican87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this tinted moisturizer in Forcefield (tube). I use it a few days a week. Provides great coverage. It is somewhat greasy on my combination skin but it's PERFECT when I mix it with UD Mattifying gel! I purchased this @ Sephora for $30, loved it and I recently purchased more from Hautelook (the pump version), $6/ea!!! I have an olive complexion and my arms, chest are always really tanned compared to my face (I use a lot of rx products containing BPO which bleaches my skin). I would recommend this product so long as you mix it with the mattifying gel ($28).

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2011 4:44:00 PM More reviews by hailung

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good TM, I haven't tried too many TM, but came across this after getting my MU done at UD and fell in love with some of their awesome products (loyal Mac user), I gave this a try so far so good, I like the finish (soft, natural, satiny, non-greasy) I have the color in Halo. stays on well but does turn a little darker towards end of day. But overall with the spf, and extra benefits to your skin, skipping moisturizer 2-1 saves time. Just apply with sponge wedge or foundation brush, easy to blend, goes on nicely. I like this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2011 11:55:00 AM More reviews by Nextdoorhottie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE IT! My review is for the pump version. I have oily skin and NC35 I purchased this during UD's sale in BULLETPROOF, I'm so happy I did. It had enough coverage to cover my imperfections such as sun spots. Since my face gets oily, i love how it actually kept my face matte which is odd for a tinted MOISTURIZER. So I'm thinking those of you with DRY skin will probably need another moisturizer before putting this on. It lasted a pretty long time, I'd say 6+ hrs! I wore it to Disneyland all day and it did not budge!!! I set it with Mac careblend in medium plus. I wish I had this when summer first started, could have saved me a bunch of oily day faces lol. Don't pass up on this!! (as for packaging I didn't not have any trouble with the pump. One full pump was just enough to cover my whole face) LOVE IT.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2011 10:54:00 AM More reviews by LovePinkxo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I liked the original grafitti pump bottle better then the updated tube. I thought it was okay but it honestly wasnt worth the price. It reminded me of a thick tinted primer that was very hard to blend. It didn't feel like a moisturizer at all and can not be applied without added moisture underneath it. It's a waste honestly save your money. it takes too much effort to apply when it's suppose to be an easy everyday alternative to foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2011 2:34:00 AM More reviews by Ceelove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this off of Hautelook for about 10$ which was a great deal comparing to their usual 30$ retail price. I actually really like this product! I especially use it now during the summer and it leaves my skin looking natural, healthy, and dewy. I just apply a little bit of powder on top and im good to go! It is a TM so its going to be sheer coverage and not cover acne or blemishes as a foundation would do. So for those who just want something light and to even your skin tone... this is great! I also love how it feels super refreshing and cool when you apply it. One thing i dont really like is what everyone else said that is the packaging, i got the old pump one and it deffinatley squeezes way to much out, so i pump it super slow to get the right amount of product i want. So its great that they changed it to the tube because that is probably way better!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2011 1:33:00 AM More reviews by sremmers123

Thank God I bought this off of Hautelook! I would never pay full price for this product. First of all, I bought the lightest color and it's still just a touch too dark for me. I can wear it if I do a good job of buffing the product in. The bad thing is that it dries extremely quick and is very hard to buff! It's a nice sheer coverage, perfect for the summer. Also, I got the old pump bottle. The pump dispenses wayy too much product! So I have to be sure to be careful. All in all, I'm going to finish the rest of the bottle, but am not going to repurchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No