April 19, 2014 | 1626 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Radiance Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2012 3:38:00 AM More reviews by clarabeau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Perfect cleanser for my dry, sensitive skin. It has a thin but creamy consistency and it doesn't lather at all, but it seems to take off most of my makeup, although if I'm wearing a lot I'll use some jojoba oil first to help it out with the removal. The works well with my Olay cleansing brush thingie, and it's never irritated me. I am very happy with it and have repurchased!

EDIT 9/19/13: Well, every so often I decide I can find something better than this and "cheat" on it with new products. And every time I come crawling back to this one, usually with breakouts and just wanting to use something I know for sure works for me. This is it! My true love, cleanser-wise. I think my skin is so finicky I need something just gentle and moisturizing enough but also effective enough to really clean my pores and that won't leave a film. I have found a few other cleansers that are pretty decent but none that work as well as this for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by nicolajayne

I bought this cleanser after reading the reviews on here - they were mostly really good so I was keen to give it a go. I had been using Origin's Checks and Balances for over a year which had recently been drying out my face, making it tight and tingly.

I was looking for a product that cleaned my face, didn't dry out my skin but didn't encourage excess oil either (I have an t-zone). This cleanser does the job well. I would have preferred more lather but perhaps the fact that it doesn't lather works well on my skin as it is easy to wash off.

After use, my skin feels clean and fresh, not tight and dry. Many people complained about the smell in their reviews but I don't mind it at all.

I feel I have to use more than my previous cleanser to cover my whole face but at under £10 per bottle, it's not too expensive.

There are small scrubber balls in the cleanser (at least I think that's what they are!) but there's hardly any and are they too soft to actually make a difference.

I have ordered a new bottle and will continue using it. Let's hope it continues delivering!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 4:15:00 AM More reviews by coquetries

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Radiance cleanser has a smooth texture somewhere in between milk and jelly. Its ability as a cleanser was mediocre to me – it didn’t seem any different from any other cleanser. It neither improved or burdened my complexion in any way. Radiance’s unique claim is that it has jojoba beads and fruit acids to provide a slight, gentle exfoliation. However, the jojoba beads were too few, and the fruit acids did not sit on one’s face long enough, to make any real impact. They seem to only be included as a gimmick. I would buy again because it's very natural - Radiance does not contain even phenoxyethanol, which is in some other Burts Bees products.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2012 11:52:00 PM More reviews by MissChatelaine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I use OCM for makeup removal, (Origins Clean Energy), but still want to follow up with a cleanser. My skin is combination, not overly sensitive. I like this product, but the smell turns me off. I just don't care for it at all. This gets my skin clean, is not overly drying--works great. Just don't like the scent. Sadly, I won't repurchase because of this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by banana91

You can get this in boots in the UK as with all the other products from this brand, although i cannot seem to find it in stores so i order it off the boots website, this is a bit of nuisance seeing there is a delivery fee. The product itself does a great job as a cleanser, the smell is perfectly fine, i cant believe how critical some people are on here lol, it gets rid of oiliness but leaves my skin soft smooth and fresh looking, and has softened my acne scars and really cleans deep in my pores in general, i also have dark lids which look more evened out after using this
and it foams just enough but not too much, its easy to was off and my moisturiser absorbs nicely. I cant think of a better cleanser, even my past dermalogica dermal clay cleanser cannot compare which cost a bomb but this is around £10 a bottle in the UK. I'm sticking to this for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2011 7:57:00 AM More reviews by mellouise

I finally cheated on my HG BB deep cleansing cream with this, and I'm so glad I did! I massage 1 pump into damp skin, then wipe off with a hot, damp muslin cloth. Easily removes Revlon CS and powder. After the first use it left my skin feeling much clearer and softer. It's a much thinner consistency than the deep cleansing cream, the jojoba beads don't really exfoliate, but no matter. I like the smell, and the honey really softens, especially on lips. It can be used around the eye area, but it feels a little rough. I have v. sensitive eyes and no problems after 2 months usage. My only gripe is I'm not sure how to lock it to travel with yet. Update: 2013 - have changed to Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish as it cleanses & calms more deeply.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2011 11:35:00 PM More reviews by Nihoca

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product dried out my skin really bad. It didn't clean my face very well. The pump also got stuck, probably just a defect. I wouldn't recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by piink

This is my 1st BB product I bought. I ran out my daily cleanser when I was in NY for my holiday. I heard the hype about the Burt's Bees products about 5 years ago. I thought this is my chance to try the BB product, so bought this Radiance Cleanser. The 1st time I use this cleanser... I instantly love it! This cleanser is very gentle. I have sensitive and acne-prone skin. My skin can hardly tolerate with any products that contain fragrance and soap. I found this BB radiance cleanser doesn't harm my skin at all, in fact it makes my skin more supple than before. After I used half of my 1st bottle, I bought another 2 bottles of this cleanser because I'm afraid I can't find it in the country where I live.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by styledriven

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this for about a month and then burts bee's products stopped working and I got horrible breakouts, so I stopped using them. I did like the facewash though, so I'm not completly blaming it and thus giving it some stars. But the smell did get noxious at times.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2011 12:03:00 AM More reviews by dancer12294

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this cleanser! I was looking for a cleanser that wouldn't break me out and was cruelty free. This just feels so soft on my face and makes my skin so soft as well. It's amazing, it doesn't break me out and I like the woody smell of it. I wasn't really sure if it would work on my oily skin but it's perfectly fine followed up by Clinique's dramatically different moisturizing gel