Avon Super Extend

3.4

on 2/24/2012 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this mascara a lot as it does give me a lengthening effect!

on 12/18/2011 6:18:00 AM

I have long, light but sparse lashes so I would like my product to add a bit of volume also. This does lengthen lashes, but then I'd imagine all mascaras would do that as they color lashes anyway. It did not do anything to add volume, just a bit of color. I have used it on false eyelashes though, which was fine. I wouldn't use it for anything else.

on 11/6/2011 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I recived this mascara for a Christmas gift last year, and didn't expect it to do miracles. I was amazed to found that it definitely extends my lashes, but only about 25%. Not 55% as the advert says. It stays on nicely even when I wept a little. There may be better quality out there, but this mascara does the trick for me and it's affortable. (There is a tweak in putting it on: I apply only one or two coats, but stroke the brush several times over my lashes from root to tip. This stroke action helps the special fibers in the mascara to line up with the lash-hairs and extend it. It also helps seperating the lash-hairs.)

on 10/28/2011 2:05:00 PM

This is currently my go to mascara and i am quite pleased with it. My lashes would fall into the short end of the medium length and thickness category, LoL. This does a nice job of lengthening and thickening and wears well for me all day and is never clumpy which is great. I think mascara is a personal thing and what works well for one might not for another based on lash type. Anyways this is the best Avon mascara for me and I have tried most of them!
Also Like:
Wash-Off Waterproof - Great everyday stuff
SuperFull - Good Volumizer
SuperMagnify - Gets every little lash and no clumps

Did Not Like:
SuperShock Max - clumpy and crunchy on me
Astonishing lengths - Hello spider lashes. kept getting this one free with purchases and hated evry single one of them!

on 10/22/2011 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I hated this mascara, luckily I got it free. This did nothing to my lashes, hint of color and that's it. My lashes looked almoust as same as without mascara.

on 10/2/2011 11:46:00 PM

This flakes off quickly.

I bought this because in 2010 Oprah listed it as a "best" product. It's not best, it's the worst mascara I've tried.

Also, Oprah never disclosed in her endorsement of this mascara that Avon was soon to become an advertising sponsor of her show!

on 9/14/2011 6:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am loving this mascara. I get great coverage with smooth application and no clumps. The brush makes for easy application. I get no smudges or smears with it and flaking is a thing of the past. It's a great price - as long as I buy it when it's on special - and then I buy 2.

on 5/15/2011 3:03:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This mascara is definitely one of my favourites. My lashes are quite thick, so I don't need a mascara to add volume, so if that's what you're looking for, I wouldn't advise this mascara. But it does make my lashes extremely long which I love, and it doesn't clump at all, which is something I've found with so many mascara's. It's not perfect, but for the price, it's fantastic and definitely something I'll buy again and again.

on 2/23/2011 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

to begin with my lashes are long and full. not bragging or anything but its valid to state this before my review.

the mascara definitely lengthens as it claims and separates/defines my lashes very well...also give a little curl even without using an eyelash curler beforehand. as for volume= 0, but i didn't expect it to do this. does not flake or feel clumpy.

key to application: start at the base of the lash and zig-zag the wand up towards the ends of your lashes for best results.

a good day/work mascara but not great for that oomph look for nighttime.

Great for definition and lengthening. Doesn't flake or smudge. The only drawback for me: it doesn't build volume. Overall, a dependable day mascara for work.