September 21, 2014 | 1100 users online

Concealers - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Brightening Eye Perfector SPF 25 in Fair 05

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2010 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

There are certain drug store brands that just usually don't work on my face and Neutrogena is one of them. I typically don't buy from this but this just had such high ratings I couldn't pass.

I tried this "concealer" in attempts to cover up the dark bags under my eyes. I tried tapping it lightly to distribute the product and that didn't work. It was very obvious that I was wearing concealer. It was cakey and didn't look like skin. Very fake looking. This didn't brighten the area at all and I actually looked worse. I'm not sure if I got a bag batch or if I was just expecting something else from this. Also I didn't care for how liquidy this is compared to other concealers. I'm sorry to ruin the high reviews on this but, to me, this is all hype.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2010 9:53:00 PM More reviews by katrosado5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First let me state for the record that although I have mature skin, damage from reckless sun worshipping as a youth, age spots, melasma, etc... and on and on and on. I do not and have never head under eye circles or darkness under eye. If you do have under eye circles or darkness that needs coverage this may not work. It's extremely sheer.

However, I do use this to highlight. I use it in a very narrow line under my brows and blend so that it's not noticeable but highlights that area. I use it in the very inner corners of my eyes because it is a bit blue there at times (but not significantly bluish purple just slightly and only I notice it for the most part).

I will purchase this again because I have tried the YSL and this product does exactly what that product did on my face with the exception that I paid for the YSL label. Now, I don't mind paying for high end products if there is nothing else comparable to it on the market. But this is such a close match that I can't see just paying for the label. Exellent highlighter but it is in no way a concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 8:30:00 PM More reviews by madelinex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is really amazing for brightening up my eyes. I have huge eyes and I don't get much sleeep so I generally have dark circles, and this eye brightener makes them disappear. It's glowy and creamy and doesn't crease, even on my oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2010 9:29:00 PM More reviews by infusion77

I bought this on a whim b/c it was on sale. I bought it mostly for under my eyes, but I have used for the lines around my mouth and nose. I am really unimpressed. Considering I have found decent and cheap drugstore concealers, this is a total disappointment! I do not like the texture. It's very thick and a little hard to blend in. It also makes my makeup brushes sticky when I use them to try and blend it in. I thought I was immediately going to return it and then I keep giving it another chance thinking maybe this time it will be better, but I am very disappointed. It also seems to cake up in creases and looks patchy. I am surprised it has recieved so many good reviews, but if I can find the package it came in I'm returning it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2010 3:10:00 AM More reviews by anthony1891

This si the most amazing thing I have ever seen. It literally made me look so awake and refreshed that noone even knew I was tired. I was like whoa I didnt think I had bags before but when I used it I now notice the bags even if others dont. It totally life changing. It made my eyes pop too. Get it and you wont regret it. I got mine at like walmart for $13. Will keep buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2010 6:49:00 PM More reviews by jilllpa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this! I apply on my eye lids and all around my eyes. I do not experience any creasing. It just brightens my eyes overall and the spf is an added bonus. I do not use much, maybe 1 click per eye.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2010 12:02:00 PM More reviews by jlcana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is for color is for Buff 09. Way darker than appears in the package. Minimal coverage, kind of drying and this is in summer!. I would use it, put in in my drawer and the next day there would be product that had leaked out onto the brush applicator. YUCK! Can't clean it except wiping off the brush. DOUBLE YUCK..not buying ever again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2010 10:09:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

Not a bad product, but possibly not one I would buy again. The first time I opened this, I started twisting the bottom of it to get the concealer to come out of the brush. I guess I had faulty packaging as the concealer immediately began to ooze out of the tube where the cone-shaped plastic tip holding the brush fits into the main body of the tube. Unfortunately I didnít notice until a blob of this hit my bathroom counter wasting probably 30% of the product. After a hasty clean up and a lot of cursing I managed to tightly secure the tube and finally used some product on my face. Ok, I admit for my initial application I scooped up some of the concealer on the counter (it was clean, honest). It was perhaps a touch too light for my skin (I purchased the lightest shade available and I wear NC15 in MAC), but not too noticeably pale. The coverage was average, it didnít cover my dark circles as well as other concealers do, but it did give better coverage than most. I have very dark circles and fine lines and trying to find a product that not only conceals but doesnít settle into lines is very difficult. This concealer was very thick and creamy and I fond that I don't have much success with concealers that have this consistency. Staying power was average, I need concealer to last me from 7am until 11pm every day. Overall, this wasnít too bad but the price was way too high. I paid $13.99 for this and although the packaging was very sleek and refined, the product inside was lacking. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2010 12:41:00 AM More reviews by spikester

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HG! This is an amazing product. Better than YSL and
Bobbi Brown. It looks very natural, doesn't cake or settle into lines and brightens the under-eye area. I have tried so many and this one is definitely the best one even compared to high-end dept store brands. I loved how it brightens the entire eye area but still looks completely natural. Today was the first day that I used it and I went to get coffee and received a compliment as to how beautiful I looked. I'm not sure if it was the concealer, but that was the only thing that I did differently today. So, I'm sold.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2010 7:37:00 PM More reviews by greybunny

I bought this with few expectations. All I was looking for in a concealer was the highest SPF I could find for my undereyes. I never expected it to work so well! This is by far the best drugstore concealer I've ever tried. The coverage is very good without being chalky or unnatural looking. It covers my dark circles completely, and the brush helps me put the right amount of product in the inner corners of my eyes if I need that as well. I also use it to cover a few blemishes and some nose redness, and then my face is doneóno need for foundation. Thought it's rather pricy for a drugstore concealer, this was definitely worth it. I will most definitely repurchase.