Neutrogena Healthy Skin Brightening Eye Perfector SPF 25 in Fair 05

3.9

on 2/20/2011 7:49:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I generally like this concealer. It visibly reduces my dark circles, which was the main reason I purchased this product. It doesn't completely cover them, but neither has anything else I've tried so far. The color is a good match for me--I have good luck with finding my color match in Neutrogena. I like the liquid texture, which allows me to work in layers and doesn't look so "fake" on my skin. I also really like that it can double as a highlighter--great for days when I don't want to wear a full face of makeup but still want to look a bit more bright and polished. I haven't had too much trouble with creasing (though it has happened a few times) or it looking cakey.
The MAJOR downside of this product, for me, was the (faulty?) packing. The first time I used it, I had to turn the bottom for ages to get the product out. This was expected, and otherwise, everything was fine. The second time I used it, the product wasn't coming out again... and then the whole top came off due to pressure inside the main compartment. It made a mess, I lost a lot of product, and I was pissed off. I cleaned it up and managed to get the top mostly back on, and it became usable again. I'm still very displeased about it.
Another con to this concealer is the price--I think it's very expensive for a drugstore product. However, it's still cheaper than just about every HE concealer out there, so the price is only a con if you're debating between this and another drugstore concealer.
On the balance, I like this concealer enough that I plan to repurchase it when I'm done with this tube (which I'm sure will be sooner than it should be, because I'll either get sick of dealing with my messed up packaging or the product will dry out from not being properly sealed). But if this happens again, I would definitely move on to another concealer.

on 12/19/2010 7:19:00 PM

This is a great concealer but it needs to be applied properly for it to work. Eye cream is a must, or this product will crease like crazy. At first I thought it wasn't working because I was putting it under my entire eye, but if you use it sparingly, and just in the dark spots, it really does work.

Oh, and patting it in (even thought it takes a long time), rather than rubbing works best.

I gave it a 2 for packaging quality because I don't like products with the twister/connected brush. It is messy, and just seems unnecessary - but I can get over that, and will definitely purchase again and again.

on 12/12/2010 11:34:00 AM

I have to say, I am a big fan of the Healthy Skin line in the Neutrogena brand. The foundation and other products are perfect for those sensitive skin days or days when I have breakouts/rawness that I don't want to irritate. This particular product MUST be used over an eye cream to prevent creasing and act as a good base..but once this is applied sparingly, it brightens, smooths and perks up the eye area beautifully. <3 I've tried the Touche Eclat and didn't find it to be anything special, especially for the incredibly steep price. This, imo, does more for a fraction of the price. Yes, it takes a whole lotta clicks to get the product flowing initially, but once you prime the packaging, application is quick and easy. :) I use one or two clicks for each eye over a good eye cream..I like the Garnier Ultra Lift Anti Wrinkle eye cream or the Burt's Bees Eye Radiance. This product works as a great base for eye make up as well! I've noticed better pigmentation using my cheapo eye shadows and much longer wear when using the eye perfector. Overall, I highly recommend this product! When used correctly, it's worth far more than the selling price.

xoxoxo
- Mad Madam Jess

on 11/9/2010 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

There are certain drug store brands that just usually don't work on my face and Neutrogena is one of them. I typically don't buy from this but this just had such high ratings I couldn't pass.

I tried this "concealer" in attempts to cover up the dark bags under my eyes. I tried tapping it lightly to distribute the product and that didn't work. It was very obvious that I was wearing concealer. It was cakey and didn't look like skin. Very fake looking. This didn't brighten the area at all and I actually looked worse. I'm not sure if I got a bag batch or if I was just expecting something else from this. Also I didn't care for how liquidy this is compared to other concealers. I'm sorry to ruin the high reviews on this but, to me, this is all hype.

on 10/6/2010 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

First let me state for the record that although I have mature skin, damage from reckless sun worshipping as a youth, age spots, melasma, etc... and on and on and on. I do not and have never head under eye circles or darkness under eye. If you do have under eye circles or darkness that needs coverage this may not work. It's extremely sheer.

However, I do use this to highlight. I use it in a very narrow line under my brows and blend so that it's not noticeable but highlights that area. I use it in the very inner corners of my eyes because it is a bit blue there at times (but not significantly bluish purple just slightly and only I notice it for the most part).

I will purchase this again because I have tried the YSL and this product does exactly what that product did on my face with the exception that I paid for the YSL label. Now, I don't mind paying for high end products if there is nothing else comparable to it on the market. But this is such a close match that I can't see just paying for the label. Exellent highlighter but it is in no way a concealer.

on 9/17/2010 8:30:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is really amazing for brightening up my eyes. I have huge eyes and I don't get much sleeep so I generally have dark circles, and this eye brightener makes them disappear. It's glowy and creamy and doesn't crease, even on my oily skin.

on 9/12/2010 9:29:00 PM

I bought this on a whim b/c it was on sale. I bought it mostly for under my eyes, but I have used for the lines around my mouth and nose. I am really unimpressed. Considering I have found decent and cheap drugstore concealers, this is a total disappointment! I do not like the texture. It's very thick and a little hard to blend in. It also makes my makeup brushes sticky when I use them to try and blend it in. I thought I was immediately going to return it and then I keep giving it another chance thinking maybe this time it will be better, but I am very disappointed. It also seems to cake up in creases and looks patchy. I am surprised it has recieved so many good reviews, but if I can find the package it came in I'm returning it.

on 9/6/2010 3:10:00 AM

This si the most amazing thing I have ever seen. It literally made me look so awake and refreshed that noone even knew I was tired. I was like whoa I didnt think I had bags before but when I used it I now notice the bags even if others dont. It totally life changing. It made my eyes pop too. Get it and you wont regret it. I got mine at like walmart for $13. Will keep buying.

on 9/3/2010 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love this! I apply on my eye lids and all around my eyes. I do not experience any creasing. It just brightens my eyes overall and the spf is an added bonus. I do not use much, maybe 1 click per eye.

on 8/31/2010 12:02:00 PM

This is for color is for Buff 09. Way darker than appears in the package. Minimal coverage, kind of drying and this is in summer!. I would use it, put in in my drawer and the next day there would be product that had leaked out onto the brush applicator. YUCK! Can't clean it except wiping off the brush. DOUBLE YUCK..not buying ever again.