The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Solvent/Diluent), Alcohol Denat. (Solvent/Diluent), Corn Starch Modified (Skin Conditioning Agent), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (Emulsifier), Glycerin (Humectant), Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Oil (Natural Additive), Salix Alba Bark Extract (Natural Additive), Allantoin (Skin Soothing Agent), Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), Limonene (Natural Additive), Hamamelis Virginiana Extract (Natural Additive), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), t-Butyl Alcohol (Denaturant), Citral (Natural Additive), Leptospermum Petersonii Oil (Natural Additive), Denatonium Benzoate (Denaturant), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Caramel (Colour), CI 19140 (Colour), CI 42090 (Colour).

on 4/29/2014 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

In the fall, I developed a facial rash called perioral dermatitis. I had to stop using my usual cleansers and Cljnique Clarifying lotion, and completely switch to just cleansing with Manuka Honey. Once my skin healed, I realized I wanted a toner again, but I knew I couldn't go back to what I was using in fear of aggravating it. I found so this one, and I love that it doesn't break me out or dry me out. I get that people are wary of the alcohol denat, but I have sensitive skin and it didn't bother me. I know everyone is different though. I love that it is fragrance and aloe free (aloe is not good for me), and tgat my skin feels clean after using it. The body shop has great sales, so you can't beat the price. The only criticism is that the packaging sucks. The cap is breaking :/. PS and BTW, check this out on COSDNA and you will see it has very little acne causing ratings.

on 4/6/2014 12:13:00 PM

I expected something completely different when I ordered this product, I wasn't expecting it to feel so... un-body shop like?

It feels pretty chemical laden, with the skin tingling sensation and the alcohol content being pretty high. But honestly, it's not such a bad product as long as you don't use it every day. I use it when I'm having particularly bad skin problems and it just helps everything clear up quickly and effectively, but if I use it for too long my combination skin becomes incredibly dry and sore.

The packaging is sturdy as always from TBS, and I do look forward to shaking all the product up till the substance at the bottom mixes into the liquid. I don't think you would enjoy this product if you have particularly sensitive skin as the toner warms/tingles/stings (in a weirdly satisfying way) as it dries.

The price was pretty great, as I got this in a 50% off everything sale.

This product is okay, and does the job it needs, but I wouldn't buy it again. I'll probably purchase the neutrogena 3 in 1 stress control toner afterwards, sorry body shop!

on 3/25/2014 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

On top of The Body Shop Tea Tree Facial Wash, it made my skin extremely dried out and it stung my face a little. It is supposed to be gentle on the skin, but it isn't. I have oily skin and it made my face way too dried out. Will not purchase again.

on 2/26/2014 6:42:00 PM

I love love love this toner. I've used it for about 2 months and I saw a difference within weeks. It really does clear your acne scars and my skin feels so soft. Defiantly will repurchase

on 1/23/2014 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Bought this when i originally went to the Body Shop to get the Purity Cleanser but they didn't have it. I had seen a YouTuber talking about this and I was using the Proactiv Toner (which i do not recommend) and really wanted to switch to something different so I got this. I'm definitely not impressed by it, it gets the job done but it definitely doesn't help with my acne at all. It also stings all over my face whenever i use it. Definitely not buying again.

I like this toner. It makes my skin feel clean and I find it helps tame down the acne along my jawline, which is where I have all of my acne at the moment. It sort of burns a little bit, but it works well for my skin. I will buy it again.

on 1/4/2014 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I purchased this in Nov 2013 & I'm still not halfway done with it. It helps control my acne since it helps dry out my breakouts and it leaves my skin feeling very clean. You definitely have to moisturize after using this because it'll dry out your skin if you don't. I will repurchase this.

on 12/16/2013 3:46:00 PM

I'm not a big toner user, but my skin needed this. My acne is worse than it's been in years, so I ordered this online and received it a few day ago. I have been using this after my cleanser and before my moisturizer morning and night. I have to say I like it, it is helping with my acne. My pimples are shrinking and appear way less red. It has alcohol in it, hence the strong smell. If your skin is dry, sensitive, or reacts badly to alcohol, STAY AWAY. I like the smell, it has a hint of lemon to it. I have normal-oily skin and it sometimes dries out my nose a little, nothing moisturizer can't fix. Moisturizer is a must with this product. Even oily skin needs moisture!!!!!

It's a little pricey, but TBS holds sales quite often (50% off the whole site right now!) so if you're interested, pick it up during a sale.

on 10/19/2013 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this as it was only £2.50 so I thought it was worth it as I was looking for a new toner... Tried it and it gave me 6 boils on my face! Never use this if your skin HATE alcohol!

on 10/16/2013 7:14:00 AM

so i purchased this product about a week ago . i saw that it had alcohol denat in it which can dry out my skin but i thought it would be okay because my skin is really oily . i was wrong . the first time i used it, i thought it kinda made my skin a little bit tight but clean and fresh but the next morning, i woke up with tiny red rashes that was itchy . i thought they were mosquito bites so i continued using it and more rashes started to appear . now i have like numerous rashes on my face which kinda look like pimples or smth but they're not because they itch . this toner doesnt even help with my breakout. i recommend using the neutrogena alcohol free toner which is half the price of this tea tree toner . i really regret buying this product .

Top Rated The Body Shop Products