September 21, 2014 | 1998 users online

Toners - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by rebeccarkane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not a big toner user, but my skin needed this. My acne is worse than it's been in years, so I ordered this online and received it a few day ago. I have been using this after my cleanser and before my moisturizer morning and night. I have to say I like it, it is helping with my acne. My pimples are shrinking and appear way less red. It has alcohol in it, hence the strong smell. If your skin is dry, sensitive, or reacts badly to alcohol, STAY AWAY. I like the smell, it has a hint of lemon to it. I have normal-oily skin and it sometimes dries out my nose a little, nothing moisturizer can't fix. Moisturizer is a must with this product. Even oily skin needs moisture!!!!!

It's a little pricey, but TBS holds sales quite often (50% off the whole site right now!) so if you're interested, pick it up during a sale.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2013 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Biioniic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this as it was only £2.50 so I thought it was worth it as I was looking for a new toner... Tried it and it gave me 6 boils on my face! Never use this if your skin HATE alcohol!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2013 7:14:00 AM More reviews by ronnie97

so i purchased this product about a week ago . i saw that it had alcohol denat in it which can dry out my skin but i thought it would be okay because my skin is really oily . i was wrong . the first time i used it, i thought it kinda made my skin a little bit tight but clean and fresh but the next morning, i woke up with tiny red rashes that was itchy . i thought they were mosquito bites so i continued using it and more rashes started to appear . now i have like numerous rashes on my face which kinda look like pimples or smth but they're not because they itch . this toner doesnt even help with my breakout. i recommend using the neutrogena alcohol free toner which is half the price of this tea tree toner . i really regret buying this product .

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a great toner for oily skin.This is also good product for white heads and blackheads. For cystic acne, that is an internal problem and they need internal medicine like pills.... not external, but this will help

I sometimes like a really strong toner to really zap my face when I feel like my skin was very dirty. This product shrunk my pores and got rid of the oil. Super clean. The smell is refreshing. Some people say it burns, but I like the burn. Its not as bad as Sea Breeze. I like that it comes in a big bottle so it lasts forever.

I like to combine this with tea tree oil for extra acne fighting.

I just dont like that there is some white powdery stuff at the bottom.....what is that? Whatever it is, its annoying to always shake the bottle for some time before I can even use it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by ichigocutie

I've tried the old and the new version of this toner. I really like the old version and finished 1 big bottle and 2 travel size bottles and of course they reformulated the ingredients, they add super fine baking soda in to the mix. you have to shake the bottle before you put it on the cotton pad,the SA told me that it'll help control oil. so I gave it a shot and honestly it didn't make any difference on how long my face stays oil free during the day. I was using this toner day & night and then out of randomness I started to think that because I have very large pores and clogged prone if I use this at night the powder that's in the mix will sit on my skin and blocked my pores. I like using baking soda as scrubs but I know that I washed it away but with this toner I let it sit on my skin. At the end I was forcing myself to finish it by not shaking the bottle and only pour out the green liquid. From all the tea tree line of products this is the one I will not repurchase. why do they have to mess with the formulation?? smh

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2013 3:29:00 AM More reviews by RenattaK

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

bought almost the entire tea tree line, the oil, the body wash, the face scrub, the toner, the night lotion and the day lotion. I heard great reviews on the line and gave it a shot because I had tiny bumps along my cheeks and the occasional blemish here and there. Looking back now, I was trying to fix a problem that was very small... And in doing so I made it worse tenfold. I began breaking out when I fist started to use the line, but I assumed it was "purging" my skin of all of the impurities so I continued use. After 2 1/2 weeks, I had multiple cystic pimples (three on my left cheek, three on my forehead, six (yes six!) on my right cheek) but I still assumed it was purging. After a month of continual use my face was destroyed. I have never had acne like this. After a month of stopping the tea tree line the pimples will not go away, and there are even some new ones, along with new acne scars. I honestly don't know what happened... I used everything accordingly and never skipped a day. This line changed my skin for the worse. I am now seeing a dermatologist to attempt to fix what the $60+ tea tree line caused. I urge anyone with sensitive skin to stay far away from this product and I recommend to everyone to get a sample and patch test before buying. In conclusion, i wish I had never bought the tea tree line as it has caused permanent damage to my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2013 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Pay17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love it. It stings at first in a good way and I see a difference immediately after I use it. It feels like it removes all the dirt and sweat from the day and leaves you feeling sooo fresh

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by shorty87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a decent toner. I've been using it about a month now. I got it 50% off during one of The Body Shop's thankfully frequent sale days :) It has a medicinal tea tree oil scent which doesn't linger once it dries on the skin. The smell doesn't offend me but I can see how it might offend others. It is good at removing any residue makeup your cleaner did not get. As it dries, it creates a warming sensation on my skin (not burning, just warming). I can see how this would inflame those with sensitive skin so I don't recommend people with very dry and sensitive skin to use this. I do not see a particular noticeable difference in my acne however so I'm not sure how well this works for cleaning the skin. I will probably try other toners to see how it compares to this one so I'm not in a big rush to run out and repurchase this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by martini8787

This works well and I love the beliefs of The Body Shop but I can't say this is any better or worse than other toners I've used. However I use most the of the tea tree line and I am very happy with what I have.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by Liaxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Good product,but it dried my face a little. It burns when you apply it,but the reason it's a good product is that it did help with the redness of my face and my acne when i used it once or twice a week. Not a daily product for sure