December 20, 2014 | 1612 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Positively Radiant Makeup Removing Cleanser [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 2:57:00 AM More reviews by Makeupqueen17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am in love with this face wash- it does a great job of removing all traces of make-up even every bit of mascara. It is gentle and does not dry out your skin. The only problem with this cleanser is that it is so hard to find! The only place I have been able to find it is at ulta. However, this make up remover is more than worth the drive to Ulta. I love the texture of the foam and it rinses completely clean without any residue. I love love love this foaming make up removing cleaser- I have been using it for a year and a half and still am in love!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2011 10:08:00 AM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Started using this about two weeks ago, based on positive reviews on here and in Allure. I have been using the Clinique sensitive skin face cleansing bar for about five years, so it was a big deal (to me!) to make a switch.

I'm very happy that I did. Love the foam consistency, you only need one pump. The smell is great, but not overwhelming. It really does clean off ALL of my makeup, in a way the Clinique never could. Very cleansing, but not overdrying. I have sensitive/combination skin (tend to get dry and irritated on my forehead, and breakout on my chin) and this cleanser has neutralized a lot of the forehead irritation. My skin feels really soft, smooth, fresh and clean after I use this. It is the only cleanser I have ever used that passes the white sheets test - there really is no makeup left behind! Would definitely recommend it!

Update 8/1/11: Ulta is no longer carrying it, and I can't find it anywhere else in store or online either. Such a bummer! Why do the best products always get discontinued? I really hope Aveeno brings this back!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2011 11:41:00 AM More reviews by lillevenn11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

HG makeup remover. I love the foaming and packaging. It leaves my combo, acne-prone skin feeling "positively radiant."

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2011 2:00:00 AM More reviews by raynie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is right now my favorite makeup remover! so gentle but removes your makeup thoroughly, never feel tight on your face after using it. it also contains socy extracts so really good to your skin. the packaging is good to. with a pump so hygeine. love love it. only hard to find it, i got mine at ulta.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2011 3:32:00 PM More reviews by fashiongurl091

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this product! Removes my makeup really well. Leaves my face feeling soft and fresh. This product is a must! I will definitely be repurchasing this cleanser!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Kate12345

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really love this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by angelswing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I don't know how well it removes makeup because I usually remove all of my eye makeups before washing my face. As for foundations, after using it to clease my face, I use Cliniuqe toner to wipe out the residues and usually the cotton pads are faily clean. I think that might be the indication that it does remove foundations and concealers pretty well. I love the smell and it gives you a lot of foam. However, my skin feels a bit dry after using it in the winter season. Overall, I am satistifed with this cleanser and will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 12:16:00 AM More reviews by catty7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used a wide variety of cleansers from expensive to cheap. This product is really good, I'm impressed that it takes everything off and even if I wash my face three times to make sure everything is off, it is not drying and not irritating. Eyemakeup is removed as well, however, I prefer to use a separated eyemakeup remover especially for this area, so that I use less product of the Aveeno. Just prior to this I was using Clean and Clear, from the same company, however that one was drying and I think a bit irritating when I used it multiple times to make sure stuff had come off. This one is a better formulation, and feels more luxurious too; I like it better than Olay Regenerist Micro Purifying Foaming Cleanser, Clinique Foaming Cleanser, Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser, Spectro Jel Cleanser for Blemish Prone skin, Dove Nutrium Soap, and the different Vichy, ROC, Lancome and Estee Lauder cleansers I have tried. Although I am always looking for the next best thing, it is likely that I would purchase this again, I hope they don't discontinue it. Love that it is a pump. I will definitely check out Aveeno's line. Good stuff.
Edit, May 2012: Grew tired of this and gave it away to my friend.
I wish they would put Clarins milky makeup removers in a pump. I prefer them over this cheaper stuff and have more confidence in them as a more effective and beneficial product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Cristy1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

OMG--words almost cannot describe how much I love, love, LOVE this cleanser! It does what it says--removes every last trace of oil and makeup, including eye makeup (except for waterproof mascara, which I rarely wear anyway) and leaves my skin soft and squeaky clean. I absolutely love it and will always repurchase. It has fragrance, but not enough to irritate my skin and it's rather pleasant. Strangely, one of the only places I can find this is at my neighborhood Kroger! Please, Aveeno, don't discontinue this product!!!!!
UPDATE: Well, thanks, Aveeno for discontinuing this cleanser....I can't find it anywhere in Virginia. I have a new love, though--Neutrogena Naturals Cleanser + Makeup Remover!! See my review.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2011 8:42:00 PM More reviews by jezebeljunk

I've always wanted to try an Aveeno product as the advertising makes one think that this is going to be a very "natural" and whole ingredient product. My opinion of this product is quite poor, on account of the fact that I prefer more natural and herbal products like Aveda, Sarah Chapman, Nude Skincare, Tarte, and Burt's Bees. Despite what Johnson and Johnson (this should have been my tip off to NOT buy the product) lead you to think about their products, calling them "active naturals" and having the logo "science + nature" , they're absolutely not natural in any way. Ingredients include lots of PEGs, disodiumlauroamphodiacetate, "fragrance" and other unpronouncables.

Pros:
The price is good on this product.
It has a very lovely iridescent green pump.
It foams well.

Cons:
The scent is bad.
As far as I can tell, there is not much of anything natural in the product.
It didn't remove my makeup.

If you like natural and truly herbal products, I do not recommend this product.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No