September 2, 2014 | 1912 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Positively Radiant Makeup Removing Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2011 11:41:00 AM More reviews by lillevenn11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

HG makeup remover. I love the foaming and packaging. It leaves my combo, acne-prone skin feeling "positively radiant."

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2011 2:00:00 AM More reviews by raynie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is right now my favorite makeup remover! so gentle but removes your makeup thoroughly, never feel tight on your face after using it. it also contains socy extracts so really good to your skin. the packaging is good to. with a pump so hygeine. love love it. only hard to find it, i got mine at ulta.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2011 3:32:00 PM More reviews by fashiongurl091

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this product! Removes my makeup really well. Leaves my face feeling soft and fresh. This product is a must! I will definitely be repurchasing this cleanser!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Kate12345

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really love this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by angelswing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I don't know how well it removes makeup because I usually remove all of my eye makeups before washing my face. As for foundations, after using it to clease my face, I use Cliniuqe toner to wipe out the residues and usually the cotton pads are faily clean. I think that might be the indication that it does remove foundations and concealers pretty well. I love the smell and it gives you a lot of foam. However, my skin feels a bit dry after using it in the winter season. Overall, I am satistifed with this cleanser and will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 12:16:00 AM More reviews by catty7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used a wide variety of cleansers from expensive to cheap. This product is really good, I'm impressed that it takes everything off and even if I wash my face three times to make sure everything is off, it is not drying and not irritating. Eyemakeup is removed as well, however, I prefer to use a separated eyemakeup remover especially for this area, so that I use less product of the Aveeno. Just prior to this I was using Clean and Clear, from the same company, however that one was drying and I think a bit irritating when I used it multiple times to make sure stuff had come off. This one is a better formulation, and feels more luxurious too; I like it better than Olay Regenerist Micro Purifying Foaming Cleanser, Clinique Foaming Cleanser, Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser, Spectro Jel Cleanser for Blemish Prone skin, Dove Nutrium Soap, and the different Vichy, ROC, Lancome and Estee Lauder cleansers I have tried. Although I am always looking for the next best thing, it is likely that I would purchase this again, I hope they don't discontinue it. Love that it is a pump. I will definitely check out Aveeno's line. Good stuff.
Edit, May 2012: Grew tired of this and gave it away to my friend.
I wish they would put Clarins milky makeup removers in a pump. I prefer them over this cheaper stuff and have more confidence in them as a more effective and beneficial product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Cristy1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

OMG--words almost cannot describe how much I love, love, LOVE this cleanser! It does what it says--removes every last trace of oil and makeup, including eye makeup (except for waterproof mascara, which I rarely wear anyway) and leaves my skin soft and squeaky clean. I absolutely love it and will always repurchase. It has fragrance, but not enough to irritate my skin and it's rather pleasant. Strangely, one of the only places I can find this is at my neighborhood Kroger! Please, Aveeno, don't discontinue this product!!!!!
UPDATE: Well, thanks, Aveeno for discontinuing this cleanser....I can't find it anywhere in Virginia. I have a new love, though--Neutrogena Naturals Cleanser + Makeup Remover!! See my review.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2011 8:42:00 PM More reviews by jezebeljunk

I've always wanted to try an Aveeno product as the advertising makes one think that this is going to be a very "natural" and whole ingredient product. My opinion of this product is quite poor, on account of the fact that I prefer more natural and herbal products like Aveda, Sarah Chapman, Nude Skincare, Tarte, and Burt's Bees. Despite what Johnson and Johnson (this should have been my tip off to NOT buy the product) lead you to think about their products, calling them "active naturals" and having the logo "science + nature" , they're absolutely not natural in any way. Ingredients include lots of PEGs, disodiumlauroamphodiacetate, "fragrance" and other unpronouncables.

Pros:
The price is good on this product.
It has a very lovely iridescent green pump.
It foams well.

Cons:
The scent is bad.
As far as I can tell, there is not much of anything natural in the product.
It didn't remove my makeup.

If you like natural and truly herbal products, I do not recommend this product.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2011 1:10:00 AM More reviews by hurricanenika

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was so sad. I really did want to love this. It removed my makeup perfectly and completely, which is no easy task- I wear Revlon Colourstay most of the time. The bottle and pump were easy enough, the foam was creamy, it smelled good, it was cheap... But it broke me out horribly. After a week and a half of using it, I had seven painful zits. I hadn't changed anything else, so this was, sadly, the culprit. I couldn't knock the rating down all the way, because it did a wonderful job at removing my makeup. It just wasn't for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2011 6:40:00 PM More reviews by lucyrox

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is absolutely the best cleanser and the best makeup remover I've ever used! And the fact that it is two products in one, is an added bonus. I have sensitive and dry skin, and use Revlon Colorstay foundation, and some serious MAC eye makeup; and this makeup removing cleanser removes ALL my makeup with three simple pumps of this product. I have NEVER come across a makeup remover that removes makeup without the use of an extra toner or extra makeup remover product! I really hope this product stays on the shelves for a long time because it is excellent. It doesn't sting my eyes, it doesn't make my skin dry and tight, and it's lovely feeling and gentle, yet efficient. What a gem. I will buy again, and most likely buy some back-ups. I also use this product on my skin in the morning for just regular cleaning to get a fresh-feeling face to start the day!