July 28, 2014 | 2089 users online

Other - Crest - 3D Professional Effects White Strips

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

I used as directed and it provided me some amazing results. I am not a smoker or a heavy coffee drinker but I had some not so pleasant yellow permanent teeth that were like that ever since I can remember.
Whilst wearing the whitening strips I had a LOT of gum discomfort, it literally felt like my gums were on fire or something; the tooth sensitivity was so bad I had dreams were I saw myself with not teeth (the pain could have been translated into dreams during night time). But I sucked it up and completed the treatment, I'm so glad I did.
I have a super white smile and I get compliments on it all the time. I have suggested this product to my friends.
I used this almost a year ago and the results are still noticeable, compliments are still coming. I use the Crest Whitening Strips Vivid White from time to time to maintain the whiteness of my teeth.
On a side note: On an appointment with my dentist I asked about the safety of these treatments and she said she did not recommend them because they really weaken the enamel and the long term damage is irreversible. It might not be obvious now but it will be in the future, she said. So you have to be careful not to abuse this product and always follow instructions. I read on one of the comments below someone used 6 boxes (46 strips) in a time range of 10 hours and I couldn't help but squint at the abuse the peroxide must have made to her teeth.
Regardless of anything, this product is quite amazing when used properly. It's really a self esteem booster. I LOVE it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by rose313

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Used the entire package, followed all the instructions, and it literally did not whiten my teeth, not even a shade. My teeth are not super stained, just a normal shade of off-whitish with somewhat of a yellow tint, so it should have worked for me. After using for a couple weeks it started to irritate my gums.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 2:49:00 AM More reviews by shanx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE. I have had professional molds done in the past (nite white) and these stripes are equal if not better. At a fraction of the cost!
They can make teeth sensitive for a while but using sensitive toothpaste settles that down.
I have gotten my sister onto them too. Pity they are not sold in Australia, bless internet shopping!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2013 8:29:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I used to use the original formula of white strips once a year to keep my teeth looking white and that worked very well. Now this new formula, which is more powerful and achieves results in less time, was the only one I could find in store so I gave it a shot.

It still whitens very well, no doubt. My teeth definitely look whiter after using these. And they have the same technique as the original, which is sort of unpleasant (gooey strips stuck on your teeth for 30 minutes with this set) but it's teeth whitening, it's not supposed to be fun. My problem with this is that it really irritated my mouth, to the point that I couldn't even finish using the box. It caused my lips to swell and split, my gums became very tender and my teeth were sensitive for over a month after use. It was pretty bad.

I've heard there is a sensitive version of the strips out there that is basically the original formula, so I'm hoping to try that to avoid the pain and trouble caused by this new stronger version.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

So, I am not impressed with this product. I don't know if I am an exception, but this had very minimal effect on my teeth. I thought that the strips were really pricey. I have gone through 30-some professional 3D whitening strips in a couple of months. I noticed the sensitivity of my teeth, but it wasn't painful.

I swore off all teeth whitening products after these strips. Though now I am using a whitening pen, and it is amazing!

So, I wouldn't recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2013 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Toddster63

THIS REVIEW IS FOR: INTENSIVE PROFESSIONAL EFFECTS TEETH WHITENING STRIPS, 7 COUNT (rated as the strongest Crest strip available over the counter)

I am posting my experience with the Intensive Professional Effects White strips as it is extreme, but may help others. First off my teeth were very neglected: 25 years of smoking (up to 2 packs a day), with no polishing or whitening before this experience. I stopped smoking 3 years ago and have been using the Crest 3-D (also with peroxide) mouth wash, and the Crest 3-D toothpaste. My teeth were a decent light yellow, though not too dark.

I USED 6 (SIX) BOXES of the Intensive Professional Effects White strips over 10 days, 42 strips in total. i did as many as 5 strips in one day. I left them all on for 2 hours as directed, which is very easy. They really stay put, even allowing you to drink and talk normally I even wore them out into public--no one can tell if you don't smile. The most dramatic whitening was after the first two boxes, but my teeth did get whiter and whiter, though more slowly, with each strip. By the last 6th box, the effect was getting less and less. My teeth have come out very, very pale light yellow tinted ivory with white highlights in sunlight, but often look much whiter under artificial light. Under warmer (non full spectrum) fluorescent lights, or under incandescent light, or overcast sunlight in the shade, my teeth can look almost white-white. I feel MUCH more better--worlds better!--about smiling now and showing my teeth. These strips do make a difference, even if you only use one box rather than going for white-white broke like I did...!

I did experience a little bit of tooth and gum sensitivity, but VERY minor indeed. Usually with very hot (soup) and very cold foods (ice cream). Also on the days I did 4-5 strips, my gums would be indeed upset after the 3rd strip (particularly if they were right in a row), but they calmed down immediately after the strip was removed. It's been a few days since the last strip, and the negative sensitivity is almost completely gone. For a few days my Crest 3-D Mouth wash (also with hydrogen peroxide) would make my gums slightly speak up unhappily, but now even that is gone. I do seem to have a "harder" mouth, stronger enamel, than most, and am much less sensitive. But for sure--doing much more (6 boxes in 10 days!) than the recommend one box per year did not increase my sensitivity issues at all, or cause me any harm at all. Even at doing 5 strips per day I kept expecting a little more pain or sensitivity issues, but they just never materialized. I consider this a very safe product even if over-used in a very short period of time.

I think I can safely say that these strips are SAFE, even with heavy doses, much higher usage than Crest recommends. Again, I used 6 boxes (42 strips total) over 10 days. I am happy with the outcome, but again my teeth were moderately yellow, and while much better, they are not typing paper white even with this much strip usage. But they can look almost white at times and make me much more confident with my smile.

(P.S. I got mine on sale, and with a coupon, for under $40 per box!)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 10:34:00 AM More reviews by lovisah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love love love it! Get a lot of compliments on my "colgate smile"

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by hazelblackolive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

These strips are good if you're looking to go about 3 shades whiter. After about 5 uses they hit a plateau and stop whitening your teeth, and you probably won't want to continue using them anyway because they start to become quite painful by causing tooth sensitivity. I would buy them again and use them 5 times, after which point I'll pass them onto friends. If I wanted to go more than 3 shades whiter I would go professional - I think it's the only way to truly create that blinding, Hollywood-esque difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by blengs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was skeptical at first, because I'd tried the old White Strips that fell off constantly and left gross bleach all over my mouth. These are such an improvement! I'm on the last day of using them and my teeth look amazing. My roommate actually suggested after the first week that I stop using them because my teeth might look freaky-bright-white after the full 20 days. Honestly, my teeth are incredibly white now, and I couldn't be happier. The process of putting them on was fine (I got no tooth sensitivity, and these new ones stay on quite nicely - if anything they're difficult to get off). I got them on Amazon so the price wasn't horrible either. Compared to professional whitening these are a steal!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by cassielynn24

i have only been useing these for a few days and my teeth are whiter after each use. i mean BRIGHT white. they are a bit expensitve $50 at walmart but worth it. i have a little bit of sensitivtey after each use but nothing to painful. the advance seal helps so much no more sliding off your teeth it sticks llike a sticker. i whipe the spit off m teeth before i apply and it seems to keep them on well.
if u cant aford the strips use the whitening rinse and toothpaste together.