April 16, 2014 | 970 users online

Blush - Make Up For Ever - HD Microfinish Cream Blush - all

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2010 12:41:00 PM More reviews by vickybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

These blushes are amazing. The texture and formula feel just like the HD foundation (maybe a bit thicker), so if you are a fan of the foundation you should love these! These blushes are seamless and look very natural. They are a cross between a cream blush and a gel blush in my opinion - the high pigmentation is like a cream but the texture and ease of blendability is like a gel. The best of both worlds! And once you get a feel for using the pump, there is nothing not to love about this product! Well, besides it being fairly pricey, but you do get what you pay for with these blushes for sure!

So, a very helpful MUA at Sephora showed me a few tricks in regards to using this infuriating pump. First, you have to press on the pump VERY gently, just enough so that the pump actually moves downward. Its hard to explain how little and lightly you have to press, but you will get a feel for it eventually. You might not even get any product at first, but if you keep pumping gently and repeatedly, a small amount of product will disperse. If you don't get any product, don't press harder, just gently repeat until you get product. You know how when you open a new product that has a pump, and when you pump it out for the first time it takes a while for the product to emerge? You have to be patient and deal with it sort of like that :)

Another trick that has worked for me is holding the bottle so the spout is facing upwards. For example, instead of pumping downwards onto the back of your hand, turn the bottle on its back and gently pump. When the product is dispersed, you can pick it up from the spout with your finger and then either apply it to the back of your hand or directly onto your cheeks (this is what I do). This method makes it so that even if you press the pump a little harder that you should, less product will come out since it has to deal with gravity. However, if you pump too hard it will end up being very messy, so be careful until you get it down! When done correctly, only the smallest amount of product will appear at the spout (you might even need to go back for another tiny pump) and it should be easy to swipe away with your finger. Hope this helps!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2010 4:50:00 PM More reviews by bdawn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Now that I'm getting the hang of applying this blush I am really loving it. I use #11 which is a really deep sort of plum color. Perfect for my medium tanned/olive skin. There was definitely a learning curve to using this and probably everyone has a different way of applying that works for them. I never put the product directly on my face because I found that it will stay deeper and darker where it was initially dabbed no matter how much you try to blend it out. In stead I put a tiny amount on the back of my hand, swirl my MAC blush brush in it and then apply to my cheeks. For me this method is mistake proof. I never get too much color this way and yet it is easy to add more color by simply continuing to swirl the brush on my face. I never have to add additional product to the brush, the initial tiny rice grain bit is always plenty.

What I like about this blush is the same thing I like about all of the MUFE products that I have tried. It's invisible! I mean you can see the effect but you don't see the product. When I stand back and look in the mirror there is clearly a pretty flush to my cheekbones, but when I look close up, I can't see anything. I mean I see the color but no obvious makeup. Just like the HD foundation and powder and just like the lift concealer. It's truly no make up make up. Since I have learned how to pump out just the right amount of blush, I don't mind the pump bottle. It's sanitary and tidy. The price is high like most of MUFE is, but their products last for a really long time so I don't feel like I'm getting ripped off

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2010 1:10:00 AM More reviews by beautifuldreamer324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Horrid product GORGEOUS color. I got this in #12 First Kiss, and I adore the color. It's exactly what I wanted, but it ended up going back the same day. The product is tiny for the price, and the pump sucks. Too much comes out and so wasteful! This stuff didn't blend well on my somewhat dry cheeks, and I ended up looking like a ridiculous clown with patchy cheeks. Not for someone with dry cheeks. Maybe this would work for oily skin! It's ashame because the color is gorgeous! I'd try again if the consistency were creamier and the pump was fixed

tried this at Sephora today in #14 & the color is very nice, but I really hate the consistency of this. Just doesn't blend well at all. maybe this would apply nicer with a duo fiber brush....

*EDIT 3/27/11- Tried this in Sephora yesterday in #14, and I purchased it. I absolutely love the consistency. It's easy to blend, and I love the soft peach color. It suits me better than the bright #12. I really like this a lot, and I'm glad I picked it up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by pseudokool

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the MUFE HD Blush in #7 (dusty rose?). I have to say I really like this stuff. I like the hygienic packaging, the color, the lasting power, and the price is reasonable. The package is a clear mini airless pump bottle. You kind of have to finagle it right to get the right amount out of it. I barely tap on the pump and a little bit will come out. Just the right little daub to pat on the apples of my cheeks. If you press down firmly a huge amount squirts out and it definitely wastes tons of product, so you have to be careful. I like the thinner creamy consistency of it. It's easy to spread and the color sinks in nicely. On me, #7 looks like a pretty dusty rose color. I love how it looks like a natural flush. I usually use powder blushes, but this blush actually wears all day at work for me ( I wear a mask and have to change them about 8 times a day) so the fact that it stays on is a plus. The price is reasonable to me because a tiny bit is used. I've had this bottle for 4 months or so and I haven't even used half of it yet, even with everyday use. I will definitely try out other colors and I wouldn't hesistate to buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by kirstabelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE these! I had been wanting to try them based on my deep, unwavering love for the HD foundation lol! So, I was excited to get a freebie sample of #6 Quickie at Sephora. I have also tried a bunch of the colors on at the store.

Even though it seems expensive you really do just need a tiny, tiny bit. I totally overdid it with the testers at Sephora the first time and squirted out like a whole pump and started rubbing it onto my cheeks! Aaaaah! Mega product overload. I was very glad there were plenty of tissues and a bottle of my foundation nearby ha ha!

Barely a quarter of a pump is enough for me for day, and a little more for a more intense night look. The consistency of the cream is really nice. Its creamy enough to blend really well, but doesn't give the "dewy" or shiny look that many cream blushes do (this is not always a bad thing, I just think its a plus that this product doesn't have that, because I think that's hard to find in this category of product imo). This is is just pure color, pure flush but so much more blendable than stain type cheek products. It looks really natural on, and I LOVE that it doesn't have shimmer.

I want more!! Speaking of more I think they made a great range of colors. Choices, choices, choices.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2010 2:18:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

I purchased number 10 (Skinny Dipping at Sephora but Fawn on MUFE's website) looked like the perfect color for me. It's like a warm, spicy mocha. A very flattering color for medium/tan skin tones. I'm a NC35-40. The price is $25 for a .33 fl oz tube (compared to MAC creme blushes are $18.50 for a .21 oz pot). The blush comes in a thick plastic tube with a pump.. which is great for sanitary purposes and so the product doesn't dry out. You have to be careful not to pump out a lot, as you may waste product. I'm not 100% sure if the container opens up, but I tried to twist it and it didn't budge. I like to apply it by smoothing a tiny dab on my hand (or a clean palette) and dab my synthetic blush/powder brush into the product and from the top of my cheek I dab the product on my cheeks going downward. Then, buff the color in light, circular motions until it is all blended. If I noticed the color is too intense, I'll use my foundation brush (with foundation residue) and run it lightly over the area. The pigmentation is very good & the color blends very well without looking patchy. The consistency isn't too thick or thin. It doesn't leave my cheeks sticky or oily. The color is long lasting and doesn't seem to fade like my MAC blushcremes tend to do. I've been wearing this for three days in a row now and I'm loving it! I would definitely purchase other colors in the future. Here is a swatch (blended) http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dQIlvTWDFi8/TOrw7NkPYXI/AAAAAAAAAVI/uQSa1F3aCNs/s1600/natty.jpg

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2010 12:41:00 AM More reviews by leung

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This blush is almost impossible to wash off! I have to keep massinging with cleansing oil to remove it thoroughly. I will not repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2010 9:59:00 PM More reviews by beamer410

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the formula of these blushes. They are super creamy but not so creamy that they will slide off your face. I find they last all day esp used over the MUFE HD foundation. I do however find that these blushes do accentuate pores. I definitely recommend using a primer underneath this product. Not only does that help with the pore issue but it also helps keep the product on the skin. My skin is normal/ oily only in the T zone and find that this product has no problem staying in place.
I have the MUFE HD blush in two different shades. I have #4 (walk of shame) and #5 (Nip Slip). Walk of shame is def more of a cool bubble gum but a bit brighter color. Nip Slip is more of a neutral pink with definite peachy undertones. I am an NC 20/25 ans find that I reach for Nip Sip a lot more since it is so neutral. I like the Walk of Shame shade more when I am tanner and also at night when I want more drama cause this color definitely brings it. I have tried different brushes but find i get the best application with my finger and then if needed I blend it into my skin further by using a damp beauty blender or sponge.
My only gripe with this product is the packaging. I love that it
has a pump dispenser, I however hate that you cannot really control how much product is dispensed. Since the blushes are so pigmented and smooth a little goes a long way, it's a real shame that when you press on the pump, you get maybe 2 to 3 times the amount you actually need for both cheeks. It takes a lot of patience and gentle handling to finally be able to master pressing on the pump with precisely the right amount of pressure to get just the right amount of blush. A lot of people have also complained about the price of the product but I actually find it's a good deal. You get .33 fl oz of product for $25. I have owned these 2 blushes for almost a year now and have both the bottles look almost new. I have even made samples of my blushes for friends and still have plenty. I like that the actual proct is contained and makes it more sanitary & less likely to dry out. Overall I would definitely purchase again even though I think I might never have to!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by Yousi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My first cream-blush, and it makes me don't wanna use powder blush again!!!
easy to apply and has a very natural healthy glow :)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2010 5:56:00 AM More reviews by ilorietta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My biggest issue with this product is that it dries in the pump very quickly. If i don't use it for a few days, the product that comes out is dried and difficult to blend so i always have to pump more out and discard the initial "hard" product that comes out.
I only have one but i wouldn't buy again.