April 19, 2014 | 1710 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2013 3:01:00 AM More reviews by acfranco08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have oily, acne-prone, and sensitive skin, so it is very difficult for me to find a foundation that won't break me out, yet will still give me good coverage. My old dermatologist recommended this to me, and I am so thankful to her for that! Since it contains salicylic acid, it cleared up some of the problem areas around my face. I wouldn't advise you to dab a huge amount on cystic acne, but I know that applying this foundation on acne did not cause my pimples to get worse (like many other foundations do). Although it is always recommended to lay off the foundation when we're breaking out, it's a huge plus to me to have a foundation that improves the texture and appearance of my skin.

The only small downside of this foundation is that it can be a bit drying. Like I said, I have oily skin, but this foundation dried up my skin around my cheeks, mouth, and eyes. This is a result of the salicylic acid, so a good moisturizer should be used with this.

As a department store foundation, I believe the price is not too bad compared to Lancome, Estee Lauder, and other make-up brands that have non-comedogenic/hypo-allergenic foundations.

I definitely recommend this product to anyone suffering from acne-prone, sensitive, and oily skin. You'll definitely notice the difference on your bare face!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by artsymi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't find this foundation helped my acne at all. It does provide pretty good coverage (I would say medium to full) and I found it kept me relatively oil-free throughout the day. But it also runs quite red/pink. If you are more warm toned, beware - as you may not find a perfect match for your skin tone.

As much as it didn't case more breakouts and stayed all day, I wouldn't buy this again. It's not worth the expensive price tag and I think there are better foundations for acne prone skin on the market.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by haleyh555

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

i have very dry skin from strong acne products so this acne treatment didnt really do any good me. i had to make sure to really moisturize before using it. also it was really hard to make it not look cakey and thick but it gave pretty good coverage although it was pretty yellow and it stays on pretty well but not good for sports

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 1:01:00 AM More reviews by sll74

after years of wearing mineral (powder) makeup i wanted to try something different. i wanted something that didn't look as flat but didn't make me look oily either. anyway, i was going to try a revlon foundation but decided i wanted something i could try on at a counter. i went to sephora and tried this foundation on in fresh golden and it looked great. i have yellow undertones, brown skin. i set it with their loose powder and carry the oil free compact in spice in my purse. it looks perfect. clinique isn't cheap but my skin looked healthy and vibrant. the amount of salicylic acid in this is really low, only 0.5% but it's there. the foundation is oil free but i don't look flat. i let it dry, apply concealer if needed and then set with the powder. it lasts all day and even through naps :-) the bottle seems pretty small so i don't know how long it will last but for now i'm happy. i live in a very humid climate and for me it doesn't run or anything. i apply some to the back of my hand then use a flat but large foundation brush using big, full strokes covering my whole face. i would recommend this for those with oily or acne prone skin. no complaints. i think since it's the acne foundation they are probably more careful not to add ingredients that can be triggers. i'll keep using this and see how my skin responds in cooler temps when fall/winter rolls around.

** update i still think this is a good foundation but the color was a little yellow on my skin. i switched to the matte foundation and have had good results with the formula and the color is a better match **

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 6:33:00 AM More reviews by Stephyville

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product personally because it has great coverage. However it does not help clear up my acne but it does not cause acne. I been using this product for 3 years now and I love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2013 1:11:00 AM More reviews by tmal

I have Very mixed feelings about this foundation. For one it is pricey and two it doesn't help my acne worth a woot. In fact my skin almost looks worth. But the coverage is nice which gives me the mixed emotions. It doesn't last long though, I probably won't be buying this for a second time.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Shayne19

I definatly had regular break outs and was looking for a foundation that wouldn't make it worse. Before I was using true match from loreal, and that definatly sucked for me. This foundation surprised me, it was much much lighter than estee lauder double wear, which was a huge mistake. Clinique's solution was easier to apply, which i used with a damp stippling brush from elf. The tube was also much more simple than pouring it out, so there's not really a mess problem. The price wasn't terrible and through out the day it doesn't give me those cakey lines. I just get regular oily skin, but a paper towel or blotting sheet works just fine. It's very easy to take off with wipes and it gives you really a natural and simple base look. It's not like a noticable foundation that people can point out on your face. In pictures it turns out nicely and not washed out. I don't feel like there's a bad smell to it but it also never really affected my acne, so it neither helped or made it worse. Overall, you can build with this coverage which i love, so you can either go light or just cover up more on spots that need it. Unless I find a better foundation, i'm sticking to this one!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by Alexandria1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. I've been using it for about a year now. My skin is absurdly oily and this is one of the few foundations I've tried that actually lasts beyond a couple of hours. I'm fair skinned and the shade fresh alabaster blends nicely with my skin tone. It comes in a squeeze bottle, which I like because it allows me to get the perfect amount of product. Along with proper skin care, this product helps keep my skin looking a lot better than with previous foundations. It is lightweight and doesn't make my face feel cakey. A bottle typically lasts me 4-5 months. I would definitely repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2013 7:13:00 AM More reviews by pinimon162

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I highly recommend this foundation - even though I don't wear base makeup now in an effort to improve my skin, I really enjoyed wearing this foundation and it's probably the foundation I would go back to if I decided to wear it again.

The packaging is sleek and chic - I personally love Clinique packaging and this is no exception. The nozzle is very handy and make it easy to dispense the right amount of product, and the tube is durable and travel-friendly.

The product itself is very lightweight in texture, and you have to shake the bottle to get it to the right consistency. This is perfect for blemish-prone skin which for the most part can't handle heavy formulations. It sits comfortably on the skin and feels lightweight on the skin - not like you're caked in makeup. The salicylic acid is great so you feel that it's actively fighting blemishes whilst sitting on the skin - I had clear skin whilst using this foundation and I'm sure this contributed, but I can't fully give this credit because I was using other skincare at the same time.

The coverage is really nice and buildable - you would probably need a concealer too if you have a lot of blemishes, but it should cover small blemishes and marks well. I feel like this is one of those foundations that anyone could wear whatever their need - despite the salicylic acid I didn't find it overly-drying, and you could mix it with moisturiser for a nice sheer coverage if that's what you want.

I found the price to be quite high - it's gone up from when I bought it. I'd put it more reasonably around the £16 mark. A good product, but on the pricy side.

**Side-note: this is anti-blemish solutions in the UK. Same product, though.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by papercrane97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

First let me say this was not at all cheap. I believe it was about 36$ CAN. It felt strange on my face, and really didn't cover my acne at all. The spots looked less red when I wore it, but they weren't really covered at all. Also, halfway through the day the skin around my pimples would flake, making them MORE noticeable. It really didn't help clear up my skin, either. Would not recommend.