November 21, 2014 | 1741 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by jaaanet2

So I suffer from terrible acne, which is super annoying since I am in my college years which are suppose to be the best time of my life. Despite that, when it comes to my face and make-up I have no problem spending a few bucks on higher end products in order to not destroy my face even more. Now this product is pretty good, I am currently in love with their Oil-Free Matte foundation so that's why I am like eh about this product. It really is good though. It provides good coverage which is what most acne sufferers need! And with some concealer this foundation can be golden. For the most part it didn't make my skin oily, which was great because I have really oily skin. It also didn't cause me any breakouts I believe, but I wouldn't say it prevented any. i tend to get a few spots during my time of the month, but this foundation really is great, i think I might go back to this foundation after I finish the matte one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by mpaolicc

I like this product a lot. I have mild hormonal acne on my chin and jawline that flares up 2 out of 4 weeks a month. I use this during the day when I'm feeling self conscious about my skin, and it has great coverage. I definitely always moisturize before putting it on, as it is drying with the salicylic acid. It's helpful to exfoliate and add rosehip seed oil to your moisturizer in the winter if you have dry patches. I have very dry skin in the winter and I am still able to use this make up without it looking flaky. I apply it using #55 sephora pro airbrush and do the 'stippling' method to apply it. Before that I was using #56 foundation brush and 'painting' it on (as so to speak), but I feel the stippling method provides a better finish. I always clean my brush after using so there is no bacteria and brushes work better when they are clean.

My only gripe is that it dries quickly (I am guessing this is because of the salicylic acid) so you have to be quick applying it and you have to 'build' the layers quickly. Once it dries, if you try to add more on top, it just looks bad. I've also tried to add a finishing translucent powder, but whenever I do, I can see it sitting on my skin because the foundation has dried.

Besides that, I feel like it does help my skin when wearing it. It has never broken me out, and I feel that my skin looks better after I take it off. Can anyone recommend a good makeup remover for this? I use cold cream, but I find it takes me several passes to get everything off my skin. I don't find it to be the easiest makeup to remove. I like the bottle with the nozzle, the only thing I don't like is that it's hard to tell how much is left in the bottle. I'd say 1 bottle lasts 3-4 months if you are only applying occasionally.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 4:44:00 AM More reviews by carlablack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When i feel my skin's starting to act up, this is the foundation i reach for. It's very light and still gives a good coverage; though i must add that i don't have a severe acne problem, just a few blemishes once a month. It's perfect for everyday look, not visible under sunlight.

Formula has salicylic acid and caffeine in it. It didn't cure my blemishes but also didn't cause a breakout. It smells like some kind of tonic. That alcohol-ish smell which is nice, makes you feel like you're applying some acne medication on your face. When applied it dries down to a matte finish but does not control oil (nothing can/should control oil IMO, just blot your face every two hours and you'll be fine)

It doesn't provide any sun protection.

I use MUFE 108 large foundation brush to apply this and it goes on soooo smooth! (check that out it's an awesome brush :) )

I wish clinique would redesign foundation packaging. These squeeze bottles are very messy and not fit for a high quality makeup product.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by geekinpink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was recommended to me by a Shoppers DM Beautician. I don't think the salicylic acid in it does anything. However, It doesn't break me out (everything breaks me out!!), light coverage, blends well. It does not control oil, normal lasting power. I wouldn't call it HG however anything that doesn't break me out is a good find. I wear the lightest colour, normally in other brands I wear the second lightest colour.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Fromdaylight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Does not cause breakouts and feels super light, as if you are not wearing any foundation at all. However, coverage is light, though it is buildable and dries to a natural, glowy finish.

My main problem is that this stuff turns super red/pink after an hour or so of wear. I was matched to the color 03 and could not believe it when I saw my face in the mirror an hour after wearing it - it looked liked I had a sunburn! I ended up exchanging it for a shade lighter, so that it can darken to a shade more similar to my skin tone.

It looks like this is a common problem with others as well, so make sure to try a sample before your purchase just in case.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2013 2:36:00 AM More reviews by Gm071109

This made me really blotchy. The coverage was not great and I still broke out from it. The shade closest to my skin still made me look sorta red. Made my skin very oily, not worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Lux07

I would buy this product again. I've been using it for around 3 years now and it DOES NOT break me out like some foundations. It's a safe "go to" foundation that can be worn daily.. Looks great with some translucent powder on top to give a great natural look and coverage of my acne scars..My skin gets pretty oily later in the day so I like to reapply powder later in the day

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 8:23:00 AM More reviews by halinagimik93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I adore this foundation! It is very lightweight, provides decent coverage (I prefer using my concealer to cover up my imperfections rather than caking up on the foundation) and dries to a beautiful soft matte finish! I haven't found this to dramatically reduce my break outs, but it doesn't aggravate things either. I can at least feel safe while wearing makeup, knowing that my skin condition would not worsen. The packaging is tiny and super cute - perfect for traveling! The only downside to this is the colour range. I have quite fair skin (NC15-NC20) and the lightest shade in Fresh Alabaster matches me initially and then oxidises about 3 shades darker. Such a pity considering how in love I am with its formula. I am thinking about mixing an oil-free white base directly into the foundation bottle, perhaps using a syringe or something, as it's really annoying to have to mix foundation shades on a daily basis. We'll see how this goes...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by ItsJustMeET

I switched from a high end foundation to this, bc after pregnancy i have many breakouts. It provides even coverage of my acne, but I wouldn't necessarily call it a "solution." The formula does "mask" my pimples a one-step however. I have repurchased.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2013 8:01:00 AM More reviews by Deedsrho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this product for about 2 years. So I have repurchased...... I reason being I was too afraid to try different foundations because this one didn't break me out.
But it didn't match my skin colour after it oxidized. It looked terrible. Cakes at the end of the day and the packaging is good but very messy.
For price it is reasonable but I felt it was over priced for the product I was getting. Again..

I only repurchased because it didn't irritate or break me out.
My undertone is olive and I have fair skin.
This foundation would be good for people with pink undertones.