November 27, 2014 | 1435 users online

Cleansers - Yes To Carrots - Yes To Cucumbers Face Cleanser Towelettes

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 7:11:00 AM More reviews by SigneT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The only positive thing is the smell. The rest sucks. My eyelids were swollen for 2days after I used this to remove my eyemakeup!! It stings, and makes my skin red and irritated. Horrible product

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2014 4:30:00 AM More reviews by tawniethetiger

No...just NO!! Trust me, please. NOOOO!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2014 10:55:00 AM More reviews by tarainbc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just came on here to look up some reviews of a few other Yes To products and was surprised to see how badly these towelettes were rated. I've been using them for a little while now with none of the "burning" problems mentioned in several of the other reviews...and I definitely have sensitive skin! I'm not sure what would cause this in so many people, but not others?

As I said, my skin is quite sensitive and usually turns red very quickly after using anything even remotely harsh. With these cloths....no redness at all and they actually feel quite soothing on my skin. While they do have some fragrance--for those who are sensitive to perfumes--it is very mild and fresh smelling. Again, if the fragrance was too strong my skin would definitely react.

I've used these mainly in the morning to clean my face of all my nighttime treatment products. The only time I use them at night is if I've gone basically makeup free for the day and just want to wipe off the daily grime, not makeup. As others have pointed out, these aren't meant to be makeup removers so I use a separate product for that when needed. They do freshen my skin nicely though without making it feel tight and dry at all. As I have a tendency towards dry skin as well as sensitive, that's a win in my book!

I had just bought the travel size package to try these out, but I would definitely repurchase. Glad I didn't read the reviews first or I might never have given these a go based on those alone.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Brimarie6

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was really excited to try these wipes, and I thought the cucumber would be calming to my sensitive skin. After a few days of using the wipes my skin started to look dull, and feel extremely irritated. They also burn and dry out my eyes. I will go back to my Olay wipes for sensitive skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2014 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Kathy101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

So I had heard great reviews on this product through youtube and decided that I would go out and buy some because I was looking for some wipes that would get my makeup off (including eye makeup). The first time I used these, they stung my face and eyes like crazy and I had to quickly go wash them off. I do not have sensitive skin so I was surprised that they did sting so much and I regret buying them because they were quite expensive from where I live. Although I do like the smell of them and the packaging is great, I really wish this product had worked for me because of all the great reviews I had seen

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by kajy14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The smell is nice, however these towelettes burned my skin. I've never considered myself to have sensitive skin in the past, so I'm not sure what's up with these. There also seemed to be hardly any moisture in the package. I will definitely not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2014 3:21:00 PM More reviews by SkullGlitter

These towelettes weren't hypoallergenic, they burned the hell out of my skin. They stung at first and burned for a long while. It felt like they removed any moisture from my skin, too. Did NOT work for me. On the other hand, they clean pretty well, even if all the mascara doesn't come off. The smell is lovely, the towelettes are quite large, and they feel refreshing on my cleavage/chest area without burning my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2014 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Jexka

I'm surprised by all the negative reviews on these wipes! I've been using these for the past week or so and I really like them. First of all, I love the packaging. Aside from the fact that the package is really bright and fun, I really appreciate that these have a lid that snaps shut and not a sticky closure. This keeps the wipes wetter for a longer amount of time and makes them easier to travel with. Another thing I love is the scent. These have a fresh cucumber scent that is really pleasant but not overwhelming.
As far as removing makeup goes, these work really well. I wear pretty thick full-coverage foundation pretty much every day, and these get off pretty much all my face makeup without requiring me to scrub really hard or use multiple wipes. These are alright at removing eye makeup...If I'm wearing minimal eye makeup, like just a little liner and mascara, these do the job, but if I'm wearing colorful or darker shadows and waterproof liner and mascara I'll need to go in with a separate eye makeup remover . I don't experience any of the stinging or burning sensation that a lot of reviewers have mentioned on my eyes nor my face, and my skin is relatively sensitive.
I've had some really early mornings this week, which means I've been in a hurry and super tired. On those days I actually used these to cleanse my face in the mornings and they worked well. Obviously using a cleanser with water would give me a better clean, but I feel that these did a good job of getting off my overnight treatments and any oil on my face and adequately prepared my face for the rest of my skincare routine.
The only issue I have with these is that they are a little on the dry side. They're not super dry by any means, but I like my wipes to be a little more saturated. Luckily, as I stated already, these have a flip-top closure that should prevent them from drying out further.
I'd say give these a shot despite all the negative reviews. These worked really well for me and I will probably repurchase them soon, along with some of the other Yes To wipes (just not the blueberry ones...hated those.)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2014 5:14:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

what are IN these wipes?? they are burning the beegeezus out of my skin! i dont even have overly sensitive skin, FTW? i checked the ingredients and i cant pin point one thing that would make it STING so much (maybe the "SEA SALT"?? why would you need sea salt in a makeup remover??). especially torturous using these around my eyes. i wrapped it back up and im taking back to target today in hopes that they'll give me a refund (they can be iffy). ive used the simple and trader joe wipes with no stinging but this is horrible. DO NOT BUY!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by jamboreeo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

These wipes irritated my skin and turned it red. There was a bad burning tingly sensation that was not right. I should have read these reviews prior to purchasing. These were purchased at Target under the sensitive skin section of "Yes to-" brands. The packaging indicates soothing and is a Allure Beauty award winner. I am not sure how this can be. I do not recommend these wipes to anyone with sensitive skin. This was one of the worst makeup remover wipes I have ever tried. I will go back to using Simple wipes that work for me until I find an alternative that is paraben free. A major disappointment and now I am stuck with 39/40 package of wipes that are horrible.