MAC Lipglass - Lovechild

4.4

on 10/28/2009 10:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love how Lovechild instantly brightens up my face. It gives my Asian NC35 skintone a very healthy glowy look. I originally went into MAC to buy either Nymphette, Florabundance, or Prr. I would have never expected to like this color since it was much darker in the tube than the colors I had originally wanted to purchase. On my lips, it did not turn out as dark as I had thought it would or what it looked like from the tube. I decided to try it on anyway and it was love at first swipe! Not too bright, not too dark. Almost reminds me of a rosy, shimmer version of Lust. I would describe the color as a medium rose pink with a slight golden shimmer. I find this more rose than plum. This is definitely one of MAC's more pigmented lipglasses and gives a MLBB look on my pigmented lips. I like that I don't have to put anything underneath it and I don't get that nasty milky line that MAC's lighter lipglasses (Underage) usually give me. Lovechild is a must-have for golden or tan skintones. It's a really sophisticated shade that makes me look instantly pulled together, I love it!

I absolutely love this lipglass! Im an nc25 and it still looks amazing! Not too dark and not too light. At first I was hesitant to put it on because people said it was sticky and drying. NO! It was actually very smooth and longlasting and made my lips even more moisturized! I definitely definitely DEFINITELY recommend this!!

on 9/13/2009 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I used this years ago as my daily lipgloss, and I *loved* it. Brown lipsticks/lipglosses don't really suit me, so on a whim I bought this one which is more pinky with some gold. It works wonderfully with my lips.
I agree, MAC lipglasses can be very sticky, but they are oh so adictive ;-). I'm buying again!!

on 9/6/2009 2:46:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love Lovechild! I am so excited- my aunt, who is a makeup artist and has been since like before I was born- just got like three of them and passed one on to me. I'm assuming one is for her and one is for her kit.

This was the first MAC lip gloss I ever tried, way back at the tender age of fifteen. It looks intimidating in the tube, rather like a shade no one could wear, but on the lips it's entirely flattering.

I know they say it's a "plum" with copper sparkles and sheen, but I know for a fact that plums look horrible on me. So therefore, it really can't be as plummy as everyone thinks. I see Lovechild more as a deep, cool pink with a warm copper-golden sheen that is slightly translucent. There's no huge glitter in it or anything like that. I haven't seen Lovechild look bad on anyone, and I truly feel that it's one of the more underrated MAC lip products.

on 7/7/2009 1:51:00 AM

wonderfull!!! I have to say that i am in love with this lipgloss:) nice plum color with subtle gold shimmers:) its a long lasting gloss and can be used on almost any skin tone:)
perfect!

on 6/17/2009 6:48:00 PM

I purchased this lipglass about 3 weeks back and im loving it. I am almost using it everday under my MAC LIPpencil in Spice. It is not very sticky if applied properly and it stays for a really long time. I am an NC 42 and it goes really well for my skin tone. A beautiful plummy color with a little bit of gold specks. I love it and im going to purchase more of this in the future.

on 5/18/2009 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is plummy color with gold shimmer. The shimmer is not chunky glitter just a subtle shimmer. This is just a few shades darker than my lips for a nice light plum shade. I imagine this color would work on most skin tones. It's my hg lip color for a nice mlbb color.

on 4/26/2009 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Beautiful color on my NC42 skin, shows up well on my darkish purplish lips too! This is great for asian skin in my opinion. Really like the color and consistency. Staying power and smell are ok. Will definitely buy again.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This color looks almost scary in the tube. I just knew that it would look horrible on me, but it shows as a sheer goldish plummy color on my non-pigmented lips. I just do a quick swipe of it since it can be dark if you put a lot on though.

I am a nw20, light blonde hair, green eyes.

on 1/6/2009 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I really like Lovechild as a sub or switch from Spite (no shimmer) and the VIVA glam (w/shimmer) lipglass line. The only draw-back is that I love to use it when I'm performing as a singer and inevitably all of my promo shots show me with one big chunk of hair 'stuck' to my lips--MAC lipglass (as much as I love the product) is notoriously STICKY!

Popular Lip Glosses