October 23, 2014 | 1109 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sigma - F80 Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki (was SS197)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 9:29:00 AM More reviews by Rachb86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this Kabuki brush!

I like to wear my foundations with medium/full coverage & like to build up the coverage rather than just cake it on.
This brush is great for liquid foundation application & works really well for buffing, blending and building up coverage. It really helps to achieve a flawless finish.

This is an essential for my makeup kit.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by MissMoorman

For only $21, you really can't beat this price. This brush is amazing! It buffs on my foundation very naturally and easily. I get so much more out of my foundation using this brush. When I first bought this brush, I had a hard time cleaning it, but I use shampoo to clean it now and that seems to do the trick. It usually only takes overnight to dry (somewhere between 8-10 hours) and still hasn't become stained, unlike my Beauty Blender. All in all, this brush is wonderful and definitely the best foundation tool I've ever used.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2014 10:01:00 PM More reviews by nicoleisabel

I like, used to love, this brush. It makes applying liquid foundation very easy, whether you use it in a buffing motion or in a stippling motion. It's a pretty good price considering how beautifully it applies foundation.

However, this brush is evil when it comes to washing it. I wash it probably once every two weeks, depending on how much I've used it. The F80 takes FOREVER to dry (up to two days for it to be completely dry). And, after months of using, washing, and drying this brush, it started to shed today while I was washing it.

Bottom line: I like this brush but I hate washing/drying it. I would repurchase this brush, and actually plan to because it started shedding. Hopefully, it's just a bad brush and that the next one won't shed as much.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Tabatta

I got this brush recently and since then I've been using it every morning to apply my foundation. First it's super soft, and it really applies the product seamlessly. I use it to buff the product into my skin, then I do some circular motions to make sure that everything is well blended, and it just gives the perfect finish. It's made of synthetic bristles so it doesn't hold your product.
The only thing is it's so dense that it takes quite a long time to dry, but if you use a brush guard or the dry'n'shape by Sigma, it's ok.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2014 3:42:00 AM More reviews by carlablack

Don't get fooled by the reviews here, cause THIS BRUSH IS JUST AS GOOD FOR LOOSE POWDER FOUNDATION :))

I don't understand why people only talk about applying liquid & cream foundation with this brush when it works amazingly awesome buffing mineral powder into the skin. It gave such an amazing finish to the skin, my mineral foundation works x100000 better now :) I actually bought it for this purpose only cause i don't use liquid on a daily basis. And I'm glad i did, even on my nose (my most problematic area) it looks like second skin. No matter how much product you apply it never looked chalky.

Its size is also perfect for small faces like mine, it might not be usable for bigger faces though, would take longer time. The brush is actually smaller than i imagined.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by maye8384

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Say hello to my holy grail foundation brush! Nothing will ever compare to Sigma's Synthetic Kabuki brushes for me. Prior to purchasing this brush I was using a MAC 187 with my liquid foundation, which worked quite well, but the 187 is nothing compared to this. I love this brush so much! It is so soft, it feels like a dream on my face. The Sigmax bristles are really nice because they feel as soft as real hair, but don't absorb foundation into the brush itself. To apply my foundation, I pick up some on the brush, pat it on to my face, then swirl in circular motions to buff and blend. My foundation looks flawless every single time. Never streaky or patchy, Sigma brushes really live up to their reputation. The price is great, and my brush has never shed even one hair. The only minor thing I could complain about is that the brush is packed so dense (that's what helps to give the airbrushed finish) it can be hard to clean at times. I use solid Blendercleanser and the Sigma Spa Glove to clean it, but it takes a bit of extra work compared to my other brushes. I will definitely repurchase this brush if it ever wears out, and I would reccomend it to anyone who uses liquid foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by SkyAlternative

A miracle brush. The only brush that makes my Kat Von D Lockit Foundation look flawless on my dry skin. Don't be fooled by any similar ones you see with the same design on amazon/ebay. Trust me I learned my lesson- get the real thing!! A bit pricey but worth it IMO.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2014 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Rachel1234

Meh. Provides a very nice finish, and is top quality, but I really disliked the flat top. It felt unnatural trying to apply with the flat top. I tried the Sigma F82 rounded top foundation brush, and I like that one much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 6:28:00 AM More reviews by Mhrn10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

MY HG FOUNDATION!!! Oh my god I cant express you with words how this brush saves me from a very bad foundation product that cant gives you even light coverage. It gives me an airbrush look, and THERE'S NOT A SINGLE FINE LINES on my skin! Usually I use my beauty blender to apply foundation but it takes foreverrrrr. Since i use F80, i never experience any coverage problems. This is just the best best best product for my liquid and even my powder foundation. I have never use MAC's foundation brushes so I can't say how this brush can be a suitable dupe for MAC's, I dont know why people wants to buy MAC when they can get cheaper product with the same quality. Been using this product for 2 years, and i never ever saw any of my bristle fell out. Yeah it tooks forever to dry, but i think it's worth the wait

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 8:24:00 PM More reviews by lollycat99

This brush is AMAZING!!! At first I didn't think much of it but so many ppl raved about it and I just went ahead and bought it. I'm so glad I did!!! I read a review not too long ago that said that the elf powder brush was a dupe for the sigma f80, and tbh I don't like the elf powder brush that much cuz it's too big for blending around my nose and it left streaks if I buffed it. So that's why I was hesitant to buy the sigma one! But NOOO the sigma one is WAY better it's smaller and denser and much easier to blend around the crevices of your face with. It gives a nice airbrushed finish and the bristles are so soft!!! Love it!!