July 25, 2014 | 1901 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Brass Banisher

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by sdelory

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Well I normally always check the reviews of a product before I purchase so I'm very glad I didn't with this one,because I probably wouldn't have tried it based on some of the comments here. I found this to be amazing, I now LOVE the colour. Spent $200 on highlights a few weeks ago with my regular guy who normally does great colour but he talked me into extra bright blond for spring....big mistake, way too bright and too yellow. Left it a few weeks and still didn't like it so off to Shoppers and found this amazing product for $14.00, I love the toned down colour now and the condition is great. I left it on for 7 minutes, rinsed in the shower, let the conditioner sit for a few minutes, did a gentle shampoo, a bit more conditioner and excellent results including silky hair. I would buy it again in a flash but hopefully I won't have to!.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by sweetchatless

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product was a total waste of money and a waste of my time. I am very unhappy!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by UnderThePink2008

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have seen many negative reviews for this product but I have to say that I really liked this product. I naturally have very warm red tones in my hair and it can take on an orange hue. I normally have a darker auburn hair color but sometimes I like to lighten it up. I usually I choose a cooler or more neutral shade of blonde to lighten my hair and usually I use the same brand and color but this past time I tried something different which left my hair looking like a pumpkin. I had seen this product and I knew that the reviews weren’t that great but I still thought I would try it. I was impressed. This product turned my pumpkin like hair into a really attractive dark strawberry blonde. The color really suits my super fair skin. I did find that the product dried out my hair but nothing more than another other regular home hair color I have used. My hair still looks shiny and healthy but yes it is on the drier side. I would use this product again. I paid $15 for this at my local pharmacy but in my opinion the results were worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by cmccallum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been looking for a product like this for years! Thank you L'Oreal! I have light brown/dark blond hair but have been bleaching my hair for years.

I have tried everything to get the yellow/orange out of my hair but now I have sucess!

My only complaint is with long hair I would recommend 2 bottles but for $10 per bottle - what a deal for fantastics results!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/6/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by 00Penny00

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I thought $10 for one application was expensive. I have medium blond hair with highlights and noticed over time my hair was a bit brassy, I tied this but really didn't notice any difference at all in my hair (except for drying it out a bit). A waste of money for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2012 8:46:00 PM More reviews by mellecat

I was really hyped up to use this product and really felt that I was the perfect candidate - recently dyed my dark blonde hair a lighter shade and as I had lifted it about 4 shades lighter I ended up with an overall yellow / brassy colour. Panic! So two days later I bought a box of Brass Banisher, follow the instructions to the 'T' (left on for exactly 10 minutes) and now my hair is much more orange than before (before it was just brassy, not orange!!) and any nice blonde colour I had is gone. The tone is flat, the brass was not banished, and I'm quite unhappy.

Boo, Brass Banisher, boo.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by princesskoki

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Works well on my hair that did not lift completely and was a definite orange color. I wish it was cheaper, as $10 for one application is a bit steep.

(Yes, I'm over paying hundreds of dollars to the stylist over the fast few months.)

I have tried toners, funky color mixed with conditioner, and other tricks, but this works the best - although like the rest, just delivers temporary results.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by spykitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

wow. i'm impressed for such a cheap product. i had used revlon frosting on my dark brown hair, which i had previously dyed over to get rid of these patches of white that i have (genetically.) obviously this white hair has no melanin at all, so it takes high strength dye to color them. anyhow, i just decided to "go with the flow" of this hair and frost it to cover it up, rather than continue dying it darker brown. i wound up with yellow and orange highlights and tons brassy brown hair. very ugly on my skin, which is pale and perhaps yellowish/greenish (pale olive i guess.)

anyhow, i used a bottle of this stuff for 10 minutes (the max recommended usage) and my highlights are now a beautiful beige-ish blonde color. it looks much more natural. the orange tones in the brown spots are also significantly toned down. no damage to my hair, either! it isn't a "miracle" and doesn't produce a major change, but to be so gentle it did a very good job.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2011 11:57:00 AM More reviews by aletamaria

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was at my wits end. I dyed my dark brown hair blonde but it always ended up a orange tinted brassy color. I lived with it for awhile and then tried to go back to dark but I just don't like it as much as the blonde. So after trying purple shampoo, different colors, and a few other things I did some research on how to get rid of the brassy and found this product. All I can say is yeah! Finally the brass is gone. It's a lovely shade of ash blonde and I love it. I realize everything doesn't work on everyone but I say try it at least. It may just do the trick.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by ilikeegg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This had no effect on the color of my hair. It was relatively damaging. The damage was comparable to most permanent hair color.

I wanted to achieve a very ashy blonde. My hair is naturally dark brown. At the time my hair was a medium slightly ashy blonde but I wanted more of the gold and yellow taken out. I thought that Brass Banisher was a toner so I tried it out.

After it had no effect on the color, I phoned customer service. The lady claimed that Brass Banisher would not remove gold tones.