December 21, 2014 | 1934 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Brass Banisher

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2012 1:39:00 AM More reviews by FancyMcHotpants

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!
I joined this site just to rate the product.
I usually get my hair done professionally, but have recently felt the pinch of the economy.
I used Nice N Easy, I beleive it was called "Born Blond" with blue, the blue, I suppose was to reduce brassy coloration.
I left the lightner on the maximum 90 minutes, (my hair was already medium blond, but is often resistant to coloring so I allowed for extra time.)
The result was very blond, but yellow with orange tones.
I just used the brass banisher, and I absolutely love the color.
It looks salon blond now, almost platinum. AWESOME!!!

To anyone who rated this product poorly:
All toners leave your hair darker than what you started with.
THAT'S WHAT TONERS DO!
Yes, the results may be subtle to the untrained eye, but if they completely eliminate any highlights that were previously added, then you didn't have a very drastic change to begin with.

It didn't however leave my hair "glossy" but I like to mix a little olive oil in with the conditioning treatment, leave in for 5-10 minutes, shampoo, then use the conditioning treatment again. Even my stylist has said she can't beleive how healthy my hair is for how much self-processing as I have done in the past.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2012 3:12:00 PM More reviews by Titan2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been highlighting my hair with bleach over the last month and used this product the first go round. The warm hues generated by bleaching were not awful, but I wanted to tone down some brass/red hues. The end result was darker hair, with a more ash tone to it. Most of the warm hues (which my hair needs to compliment my skin tone) were gone. So I wasn't really happy with the product, especially when there is a picture of a wonderful blonde color on the box. It is deceiving as to the result you will actually get.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by sleepydoc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

They should call this product "Blond Banisher" because it took away all my blond highlights!!! Will NEVER use this product again. I thought it would take yellow tones out of my light blond, highlighted hair and it just made my hair look overall very dark blond to light brown. VERY disappointed.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by sdelory

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Well I normally always check the reviews of a product before I purchase so I'm very glad I didn't with this one,because I probably wouldn't have tried it based on some of the comments here. I found this to be amazing, I now LOVE the colour. Spent $200 on highlights a few weeks ago with my regular guy who normally does great colour but he talked me into extra bright blond for spring....big mistake, way too bright and too yellow. Left it a few weeks and still didn't like it so off to Shoppers and found this amazing product for $14.00, I love the toned down colour now and the condition is great. I left it on for 7 minutes, rinsed in the shower, let the conditioner sit for a few minutes, did a gentle shampoo, a bit more conditioner and excellent results including silky hair. I would buy it again in a flash but hopefully I won't have to!.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by sweetchatless

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product was a total waste of money and a waste of my time. I am very unhappy!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by UnderThePink2008

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have seen many negative reviews for this product but I have to say that I really liked this product. I naturally have very warm red tones in my hair and it can take on an orange hue. I normally have a darker auburn hair color but sometimes I like to lighten it up. I usually I choose a cooler or more neutral shade of blonde to lighten my hair and usually I use the same brand and color but this past time I tried something different which left my hair looking like a pumpkin. I had seen this product and I knew that the reviews weren’t that great but I still thought I would try it. I was impressed. This product turned my pumpkin like hair into a really attractive dark strawberry blonde. The color really suits my super fair skin. I did find that the product dried out my hair but nothing more than another other regular home hair color I have used. My hair still looks shiny and healthy but yes it is on the drier side. I would use this product again. I paid $15 for this at my local pharmacy but in my opinion the results were worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by cmccallum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been looking for a product like this for years! Thank you L'Oreal! I have light brown/dark blond hair but have been bleaching my hair for years.

I have tried everything to get the yellow/orange out of my hair but now I have sucess!

My only complaint is with long hair I would recommend 2 bottles but for $10 per bottle - what a deal for fantastics results!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/6/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by 00Penny00

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I thought $10 for one application was expensive. I have medium blond hair with highlights and noticed over time my hair was a bit brassy, I tied this but really didn't notice any difference at all in my hair (except for drying it out a bit). A waste of money for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2012 8:46:00 PM More reviews by mellecat

I was really hyped up to use this product and really felt that I was the perfect candidate - recently dyed my dark blonde hair a lighter shade and as I had lifted it about 4 shades lighter I ended up with an overall yellow / brassy colour. Panic! So two days later I bought a box of Brass Banisher, follow the instructions to the 'T' (left on for exactly 10 minutes) and now my hair is much more orange than before (before it was just brassy, not orange!!) and any nice blonde colour I had is gone. The tone is flat, the brass was not banished, and I'm quite unhappy.

Boo, Brass Banisher, boo.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by princesskoki

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Works well on my hair that did not lift completely and was a definite orange color. I wish it was cheaper, as $10 for one application is a bit steep.

(Yes, I'm over paying hundreds of dollars to the stylist over the fast few months.)

I have tried toners, funky color mixed with conditioner, and other tricks, but this works the best - although like the rest, just delivers temporary results.