July 25, 2014 | 1850 users online

Eyeliner - Avon - SuperShock Gel Eyeliner Pencil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2012 9:46:00 AM More reviews by Discod

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I had this in Black Shimmer. It was just awful for me. Irritated my eyes immediately with chunks of it free-floating around on my eyeballs. Within minutes my eyes were streaming and it was everywhere BUT on my waterline. To remove was sheer hell as it smudged everywhere & took several pads soaked with Clarins Eye Makeup Remover Lotion to get it off. Going back to Lancome Le Stylo Waterproof eyeliner!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by esmequeenoftheworld

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I LOVE THIS EYELINER!!!!
I cannot say enough good things about this product. I didn't think anything would compare to my beloved Urban Decay 24/7 glide on. This pencil put me firmly in my place.
I first saw it reviewed on a pixiwoo video on youtube then when the avon book dropped through the door I thought, lets give it a whirl. It was the best 5 I've spent on make up ever. I now buy one even 2weeks in case they discontinue them!
It goes on the water smoothly with amazing intensity of colour and it stays there for hours. Its soft enough not to pull at the delicate skin around the eyes but firm enough to give a precise line when sharp and stays sharp for a couple of uses so each pencil lasts a long time. I'd recommend this pencil to anybody, it feels like a quality product, comes in a box just like far more expensive products and is on offer frequently.
You would not be disappointed if you spent twice as much on a pencil.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 4:14:00 AM More reviews by NightAng3l

Holy Dooly! The black version of this eyeliner is SO BLACK! In Just ONE swipe! Like everyone else has already said, this glides on effortlessly, super dense black and sets super fast! I got the black and the silver one and I swatched them on the back of my hand (only ONE swipe each!!!). The black is super black and the silver is a very bright dense shimmery true white silver. Then, literally 5-10 seconds later I rubbed my hand to REMOVE the eyeliner and it DID NOT BUDGE! wow! I had to really go at it (not the type of pressure youd be putting on ur eyes) to get it to smudge a bit! Very impressed, very happy and I have ordered more colours. Yay!

The only "con" is that I wish this was a retractable liner so I wouldnt waste much product everytime I sharpen it. And since its a soft eyeliner, it requires sharpening often. Oh well, I shouldn't complain about this little gem since it has a very affordable and cheap price tag for what you get! (I got them from ebay.. prices ranged from ~7-10 AUD inc. shipping, from the cheaper sellers)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by cosmeticat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

WOW! Just like it's name, this is a super shocking eye liner pencil! I have this in black, and also in silver. Amazingly vibrant, vivid colors, super duper staying power, won't smudge budge all day long, and I mean all day long! It literally glides on my eyelids! The only down side is, because the formula is gel, the tip of the pencil does not stay pointy for long, almost every time I use it, it needs sharpening to get a fine line. So gets used up pretty quick. I stocked up on the black one, just in case Avon discontinues it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2011 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Miffymiffy

Super black and creamy texture. I have chinese asian eyes which can become oily by the end of the day. Seeing people rave that it is better than 24/7 Urban Decay eyeliners, I had to get one to try. 24/7 is good but still smudges on me. I don't mind having to sharpen this pencil each time I use it. Unfortunaltely it does smudge in my inner corners and crease area after a few hours of wear. Must be just my asian eyes because many people are saying it is smudge-proof. I have tried setting it with black eyeshadow (creep by Urban Decay) and it has helped it stay in place more. Not an eyeliner I feel like picking up when I'm pushed for time but still quite good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2011 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great eyeliner. It really does go on smooth and even like a gel. The colors are intense and opaque, and have a shimmer to them that is very glamourous. This pencil is not offered in black where I live, and I have no idea why. It's not every day I want to wear a colorful liner but when I do, this is the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by sshirley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this, the texture of this is incredible- no pulling AT ALL, just glides across your lid. The finish is very lovely, not "shiny" as you'd think of a gel, it looks more creamy: similar to the Clinique creme liner.

Am now using this in place of all gel/cream liners, so much easier and a lot quicker than getting out the liner brush and dipping it into pots. Highly recommend this as a substitute for gel/cream liners- not really as a "smudgy" kohl look- this is more a defined lining product.

The colour is INTENSELY black. Very beautiful.

The only small small small drawback is that it does require a lot of sharpening, but totally negligible.

Use this as the much better go-to for MAC Black Track, Clinique Creme Liner and Bobbi Brown Gel. It gives the same result, only faster, easier and cheaper :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2011 7:34:00 PM More reviews by amberclaire

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is fantastic! Super super black, and does not budge. Makes winged eyeliner a breeze. I think I am going to buy a back up. I never want to run out of this. The BEST black eyeliner ever.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2011 6:04:00 AM More reviews by LollieDollie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't believe how much Avon has stepped up its game with this pencil. I have it in black and it really has done the job for me. It glides on beautifully, is a true black so the pigmentation is great and doesn't smear throughout the day like I've found with others. I found it very workable for different looks and it stays on my waterline which is the biggest bonus. My eyes have not thanked me for getting up close and personal with some pencils in the past but I've had no trouble with this one, although ofcourse thats a personal thing. For the price I don't think you can go far wrong and its certainly worth a shot.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2011 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Nina_82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in steel, and I really love it. Unlike most pencils, this glides on really easy without tugging - it's especially good on my upper lid, which I usually struggle with if I'm using pencils. It also stays in place all day/night without smudging, and actually takes quite a bit of work to remove. Great value, but Avon only seemed to stock them for a couple of brochures and then discontinued them! Hopefully they'll come back again in a sale catalogue, I want to get a few more colours!