October 30, 2014 | 1574 users online

Eyeliner - Physicians Formula - Shimmer Strips Gel Creamliner Trio

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by erinvirginia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this at Target on clearance just to try something new... pencils always seem like they tug too much. I don't remember what color eye I bought this for but the three colors are purple, brown and a black with purple shimmer. I like these eyeliners! They stay in place all day. The black seems like its drying out a bit faster... maybe the shimmer makes the product a little different? They glide on really easily but the lighter colors need a couple of swipes to stay. They wear well and are pretty easy to apply for beginners like me with the little brush (included). It seems like you get a lot for your money too. Now that I've had this for a while I might try buying a different, thinner brush to get a tighter line. Will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by mellyru

I was pleasantly surprised when I purchased this on clearance at Target for 4 bucks. I've been wanting to try it so I snatched it up. Physician's formula products has never been a big hit with me and has always ended up disappointing.
But I LOVE this stuff. I have super oily lids so cream liner is out of the question. But this liner I can apply without primer and it will not budge. I've taken a nap in this liner before (on accident of course), rolled around and rubbed my eyes, woke up and my eyeliner was still perfect. It's ridiculous. Definite repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 12:10:00 PM More reviews by AmberAnne

I have dark brown eyes but bought the trio set for blue eyes and have been absolutely in love with these little pots ever since I got them. They are my first gel liners, but I have tried plenty of pencils and liquids - so far, this is among my favorite application methods.

The set comes with a relatively soft brown (I wish it were darker...), a black with blue flecks in it, and a brilliant blue which can be anywhere from sky to navy depending on how you blend it. There is also a brush included in the set, and although it's not the best, it isn't horrible either . I prefer using a fine angled brush, but the one provided would definitely do in a pinch.

The biggest advantage that these have for me is that they don't smudge into my crease. I have oily skin and pencils always end up mirroring onto my eyelids within a couple of hours, but these little guys have really stood up well - even after long and humid days, they hardly budge.

My only wish is that they were a tiny bit creamier so that they would be easier to apply, but that would probably make them less pigmented and easier to smudge, so I'm happy with the balance that PF has struck in these liners.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by fwoo

Bought these on a whim, when I was really looking for a liquid liner since mine was getting old (felt tip wasn't as precise). When i first used eyeliner, it was pencil and it smudged/transferred everywhere because of my single eyelids, stuck with liquid because it was like paint; once its on, its on...unless you tear up LOL then i tried MUFE cream/gel liners and was converted to that but it dried up so quickly, i could barely drag my brush over it. Super disappointed, thought i had found my HG. Gave up on that and went back to liquid for almost 2 years, until i bought these. These are so creamy, one time over the lid is enough (though i go over it to get a more precise line) so far it hasn't dried on me and i've had it for a month and a half. I only tried black so i can't comment on the other colors. the black has purple shimmers in it but it doesn't show up, which is fine with me. Overall its a great product and i would buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by xandreaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first Physicians formula product Ive ever bought. And im impressed! I love that you get 3 nice-sized gel liners for $15 (which is what i payed in canada). $5 each is not too shabby considering similiar gel liners from MAC and bobbi brown are at least $20 for one. given, these PF liners are not as smooth and creamy as higher end liners. BUT they give me a nice application and I dont have to go over it constantly to get it opaque. love it and would def recommend it for the value and quality

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 11:11:00 PM More reviews by BubberNe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is rare for me to be so blown away by a product, that I will make a special effort to come here to write a review. But this is exactly what has happened with this product.

This morning, I applied this eyeliner (brown, from the Trio for Brown Eyes, although I own all three Trios). That was at about 9 a.m. I proceeded to have my usual busy day, and then (12 hours later) I went to the gym and did a 45-minute run. I have just emerged from a long hot steamy bath.

The rest of my makeup is running down my cheeks. But the eyeliner literally has NOT BUDGED.

I am so impressed. As I said, I own all three Trios (nine little pots in total), and they are in my regular repertoire. Love this stuff. Recommended.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by bicoastalite

It's a great creamy gel liner but not smudge or waterproof. :-(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by str8thuggin

My go-to EL. I have tried L'Oreal HIP and Bobbi Brown gel liners and this beats them both. The colors are subtly different from other ds eyeliners and they last FOREVER. I have had el transfer to my upper eyelid with EVERY el I've ever tried until this. This stuff doesn't budge! CVS often has them on sale and it's possible to pick up a set of three for about $3.50 if you hit one of their sales. My only complaint is that sometimes they caps don't line up perfectly, but this is minor and not enough to take off a lippie considering what you get for the money. The brush that comes with it is also pretty worthless, but the ELF angled el brush that I bought for $1 applies it perfectly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 2:02:00 AM More reviews by ilymed2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Have several sets and for the most part am satisfied. Some of the colors aren't very pigmented, especially the lighter ones. Great price, long lasting, and smooth application. Like the stack-able concept but a few of the tops don't/won't fit correctly and eyeliners dried out.

Gave a few to my Asian friend who couldn't use them without experiencing lid color transfer.

Sometimes I think Physicians Formula is too expensive for a drugstore brand but not in the case. Can manage the few negatives for this reasonable price and such fun colors .

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Idel15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is definitely my HG gel liner. I love how creamy they are and go on smoothly. I think they have good pigmentation. I live in extremely humid and hot climate and this liner has never smudged or anything. I always go back to this and I consider it such a great deal cause you get 3 colors and a good amount of product in each. Love these!!!