September 1, 2014 | 1116 users online

Concealers - BeneFit Cosmetics - confessions of a concealaholic

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2011 10:06:00 PM More reviews by jennamx3

My only problem with this kit is the packaging. It is bulky and takes up a very large amount of room, and therefore isnt good for traveling. After taking this kit with my on a trip, i decided that i can do without the packaging. Later that week a very carefully ripped the whole box open, and then took out the pots of the Eye Bright, Lemon Aid and Bo-ing 1 & 2. Because of the product's ability to dry out if not in optimal storage, next i had to find a smaller place to store the pots. After digging through my makeup bag, i found a Revlon creme eyeshadow pallate that i never use anymore. I simply stuck a knife in the back of it, and popped the tray holding the shadows out. I then took some duct tape, stuck it in the case, then stuck my four pots in the small pallate. It worked perfectly. (:

Opinion on the actual product:
That Gal ~ doesnt show up on my skin at all, but smells nice and might be a little better when im tanner.

Erase Paste ~ my new holy grail concealer. covers my dark circles amazingly and stays on throughout the school day. when paired with the bo-ing concealers, it completely covers everything.

Bo-ing 1 & 2 ~ as stated above, this works amazingly at covering my under eye circles. it also covers blemishes and any other imperfections, works very well.

Eye Bright ~ great to lighten up dark circles before concealer, but is a little dry.

Lemon Aid ~ not as dry as eye bright, but makes me look like a zombie when i put it on my lids as directed.

The brushes are actually not as bad as everyone seems to think they are, and i use them almost every day.

Overall, i was very impressed by this set, and would definately repurchase it. The packaging is my only concern.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by seasigs

While I find the packaging a bit annoying (it's cute but this is not a product I travel with, it stays put on my makeup table at home since the box is bulky and you can't separate the items) I love the items inside!

I could take or leave the primer. I feel you need a lot for full coverage and it can sometime feel sticky on your face.

The Boiing concealers are FANTASTIC and by far my favorite items in the kit. The two colors let you blend to find the perfect shade. I use this to cover blemishes and haven't found a product that does it better.

The Erase Paste is also great. It covers dark circles like nobody's business, however, I do feel that it is a little heavy. Remember that a little goes a long way. I don't use this everyday only for time I need super duper coverage as I feel it's a bit heavy/sticky for everyday wear.

The EyeBright and LemonAid are great. Sometimes I will just use those two with mascara and my eyes just pop! The LemonAid gets rid of discoloration on my eyes SO WELL. After using in in this kit I bought a full size! EyeBright does just what it's name suggests but I don't think it is special enough to buy on it's own. It definitely brightens up your eyes (I place it in the inner corners) but it's job could easily be replaced by several things already in my makeup bag.

Overall, I would recommend this product. The only reason I wouldn't buy it again is because the packaging just doesn't allow for easy portability. I would honestly buy the items I like best separately when I run out so that I could carry them more easily!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2011 2:48:00 AM More reviews by throughbeingcool

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is really cute, but the packaging is not very practical. I would have rather had each item separately, in its own container.
Primer- Eh. I like the way it smells, but I don't really like the way it feels on my skin. It seems like you have to use a lot.

Boiing concealers- I really like these. They give you two so you can find your perfect color, which is what I do, and I LOVE the coverage. I just wish they were in their own containers, like I said. I'm afraid they will dry out soon. Even though I use the protective cover, I feel that they are already drying up, which makes me sad. :( I use these for blemishes, and to even out redness that my foundation didn't cover and it works very well for that.

Erase paste- This has become a HG for me. It is the only thing that has every taken care of my dark circles. Wonderful product.

eye bright-Don't care for it, and it has already dried up.

lemon aid- I just didn't really like this, and like the eye bright, it is already pretty dry.

Overall I wouldn't repurchase most of this, but I'm glad I got to sample the items, because I now know which concealers I am in love with.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2011 8:31:00 AM More reviews by tazzyface

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Very handy kit that allows you to sample some of Benefit's products without buying the full size. I'm glad I did buy this first, otherwise I would have ended up with a few full size products that I'd use once and never again!

The packaging is very cute and helpful for makeup newbies who are unsure how to use each product. Everything is labelled, including the brushes.

I took a lippie off because some of the products aren't that great... In fact I find myself only heading to the kit to use the Erase Paste under my eyes, and the Boi-ing when I need it and can't find my EL Double Wear concealer. The brushes aren't fantastic so I use my own.

I wouldn't buy again because I know which products are useful to me now, but it was nice to sample them.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by Ruskydoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have always been in the Touch Eclat camp, but I am a convert. This little box of tricks is actually magical.

Erase paste needs a good moistuizing eye cream underneath, I think, otherwise there might be a risk of it drying out during the day. With that in mind, erase paste a) makes your dark circles disappear and b) diminishes your fine lines. You only need a tiny amount on the brush it comes with, and then you gently blend it with your ring finger. It's properly ace.

Boing, the concealer, is good. Not amazing, but good. It will hide a pimple quite well, but I wouldn't buy it on its own - Rimmel 'Hide The Blemish' is better, in my opinion.

Lemonaid needs a primer, but does a gorgeous job and Eyebright also does exactly what it's supposed to. That Gal brightening primer makes a nice subtle difference when applied before foundation.

I was so chuffed with this set, that I took a 'before application' and 'after application' pic to show my friends. It took years off me. I love it, use it every day and will be buying the ingredients in their full size versions when this is finished.

My worry when I bought it is that it would look too 'made up', a look I hate, but it doesn't. the key is, moistuize and don't over apply, I think. A make-up bag necessity.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2010 4:54:00 PM More reviews by EmberAmber

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this for three reasons. 1. I was born with dark circles under my eyes and always in search of improving my concealing methods. 2. I wanted to try out Erase Paste, those brushes, and read the little booklet that came with it. 3. I could never have enough of the other products, That Girl, Boi-ing, Lemon Aid & Eye Bright. It is definitely worth the money. I wouldn't buy it again because now I know that Boi-ing & Eye Bright are the only products that will properly hide my circles. Erase Paste was a disappointment. I don't feel like it really hid my dark circles. It is was a nice texture, but not powerful enough. I wish Boi-ing had a more creamy texture because it's too touch to apply on the eye areas.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2010 5:33:00 PM More reviews by bdawn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this as a gift for a friend, but before I could give it to her, she happened to mention that she had tried benefit products and she hated them. Oops..haha. So I got her something else and kept this little kit myself. It's was a reasonable price and a good way to try out new products, so that was one thing I liked. I had already tried a couple of the items before, like the Boing concealer. This used to be my full time concealer, then I moved on to other things but I still like the Boing concealer too, although I have no use for the lighter shade that came in the kit. Too light for me.
I had used the lemon aid before too. I liked it then and I still like it now. Does a nice job of concealing and brightening up the eyelids. It makes a nice shadow base although I understand why some people don't like it. Since it is a cream it is prone to creasing. The reason I like it is because I have found that shadow bases go on creamy but then dry, tend to emphasize the lines and crepeness, making those problems more noticeable, whereas the Lemon Aid covers these problems.
First time I have used the Eye Bright and I do like it. A little in the inner and outer corners of the eyes really does brighten and give one a fresh wide awake look. I will probably buy the pencil when I have finished using up what I have in the kit.
First time using That Gal primer and I will not be using or purchasing this product again. Too Pink and too light. Not at all compatible with my skin tone and it's a mediocre primer anyways.
My first time using Erase Paste. I had contemplating buying this alone in the past and now that I have tried it, I probably won't be purchasing it in the future. Too thick, too pink and too difficult to work with. I will use it up on my face as I find I can blend it out and then cover with foundation which doesn't look too bad. However I found it just to tacky and think to spread under my eyes and that color isn't right for me. It's too light and pinky and it really stands out on my face. I don't have a problem with dark circles anyways, my problem has always been small bags under each eye which Boing is great a covering.

So that's it. Overall I would say that this kit is a great way to try out some of Benefit's concealling products if you haven't tried them before.When you start out apply the products sparingly and build them up. I find that Benefit tends to favor fair skinned people, especially in the kits. I have tanned medium skin so a lot of the products in the kits are too light for me. The price is good and the package is cute. Actually that is one thing I have always loved about Benefit. The containers are always so cute and girlie.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2010 5:33:00 AM More reviews by patty88

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this to try the various products that I know I'd probably not get at full size (eg lemon aid). I've already tried Boi-ing in another kit, and just love it. So this kit is a bonus because there's 2 boi-ings and great for mixing. Was looking forward to trying the Erase Paste because I've had good results with Boi-ing, and thought that it would be less dry than Boi-ing. However, the Erase Paste didn't suit me as the color was too light. Like the others too, I didn't care for That Gal - it was a weird color on me, again too light. (I'm Asian, Mac NC40). Loved the doubled-ended brushes, though, especially when they are labelled with the various concealors (ie, boi-ing, erase paste, eye bright, lemon aid) so that you'd know which end has been used, and won't mix colors. In all, it's a well-packaged kit, and as with Benefit's kits, allow us to try various products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2010 3:39:00 AM More reviews by PALEGRE3N

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love ths kit!! Even though there are one or two things I don't LOVE, I just think it's a great BeneFit demo kit. I've had it for about two weeks. That Gal Primer...hmm I don't love this, I don't love primers anyway. I really like the smell, I don't like how it's pink, and I don't like the fact that it's more of a lotion than a primer..but it gives me a nice glow, I don't know...I'm indifferent on it I guess. I like Erase Paste, it's a little salmony coloured for me, it conceals well. Not brilliant, but good. I love Boing, its great that you get both 1 & 2. Great concealers. I LOVE Lemon-Aid, I wear it on it's own - it just makes clean eyes look lovely and bright! I'm not really sure about Eye Bright yet, I mean it's okay, I just am struggling to find a use for it. But yeah, I do recommend this, even if you are a little skeptical, there's bound to be something you like in it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2010 3:09:00 AM More reviews by Waffin

Review: Benefit Confessions of a Concealaholic
• This all-in-one kit includes sample sizes of 2 concealers, 1 under-eye concealer, 1 brightening face primer, 1 colour correcting eyelid primer, and 1 instant eye brightening pencil in pan form as well as 2 double ended travel sized brushes labeled for its corresponding product use

It is esthetically pleasing as it is packaged in a pink cardboard box. It looks like a diary as it has a lock printed on the outside and what I like most about the packaging is the small mirror on the inside. The mirror is just for show because if you were to lift and use it all the products (expect the ones in the pans which are glued in) will fall out

This retails in Sephora in Canada for $36.00

ERASE PASTE

• Shade in medium 02, although perfect match for me, would be great if paler girls had the option of buying this kit with the lighter shade

• First impressions: jar is not hygienic, salmon coloured, creamy and non-drying, lasts all day when set with my face powder

HG material and I will definitely will repurchase

BOI-ING

• Customizable with two shades, 01 and 02

• First impressions: a little drying so I’d rather use none at all, but great coverage, not very long lasting without setting with powder which made it appear even more dry

Will not repurchase as I don’t use concealer and find that foundation is enough coverage for me

THAT GAL

• Pink based primer

• First impressions: a little on the thicker side, non-drying but not mattifying either, didn’t notice a difference and my main concern is oil control but as this is targeted as a brightening primer I will not knock off points for that but if you are looking for something to help oily skin this may make you appear even more shiny, only use this under my eyes because I don’t want to waste it

Will not be repurchasing

LEMON AID

• Yellow coloured eyelid primer

• First impressions: skeptical as UDPP is my HG, was right because nothing is as good as UDPP, putting too much can crease, the yellow may interfere with eye shadow choices, weird yellow tone to lids when face is pink from primer,

Will not repurchase

EYE BRIGHT

• Pink coloured brightener originally in pencil form but in this kit is a pan form

• First impressions: Drier than expected, assumed it was a creamy pencil as their eyebrow pencil and Mr. Frosty is creamy, used angled brush to line bottom waterline as I would’ve used for if I had the pencil version

Will repurchase, although Mr. Frosty is in my opinion over priced and very dupable, this is a good flesh coloured liner for my bottom waterline and actually does brighten and looks a lot more natural than a white coloured pencil does

BRUSHES

• Very basic brushes, I prefer to use the warmth of my fingers to apply any concealer but use the brush to scoop the Erase Paste from the jar as I do not want to contaminate it, again, I do that so I don’t waste these brushes as I have no other use for them and could easily use a Q-tip or the end of my tweezers or other brush
The primer I apply with a traditional foundation brush or with my fingers
The lemon with my fingers (as with UDPP)
The eye bright with my fingers for inner tear ducts and with an angled brush for my bottom waterline but is a nice bonus for the kit

In conclusion this kit is a great introduction to Benefit’s primer and concealers. If you have not tried any of these you may be pleasantly surprised (as I have found my HG under eye concealer). Although they are sample size they will be lasting me awhile. Purchased them more than half a year ago and still have more than half of my Erase Paste which is the only one I reach for often and the primer, although looks like a sample size that they give with purchases, has lasted me a couple dozen uses and I still have some left. I do not regret buying this kit and it’s cute sitting on my dresser if anything so I say go for it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No