Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist

3.8

Water, Alcohol, Althaea Officinalis (Marshmallow) Root Extract, Rosa Gallica (Rose) Flower Extract, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Fragrance (Parfum)*, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Lactic Acid, Polysorbate-20, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Geraniol*, Linalool*, Citronellol*, Eugenol*, Benzyl Benzoate.* *From Natural Essential Oil (Rose - Rosa Centifolia & Rosa Damascena).

on 6/7/2011 10:23:00 PM

I'm on my second bottle of this. In general, I'm a big fan of Jurlique products because of the organic factor, and the fact that they actually work for my finicky skin. My skin is combination; oily but dehydrated; slightly sensitive; and clogs (blackheads) very easily. As you can tell, it can be a nightmare to find the right product.

I like this toner because it calms my slightly sensitive skin (despite the alcohol??), provides some moisture, and balances the cleansing process well. It's also very refreshing for a mid-day perk-up. After finishing my first bottle, I decided to buy normal drugstore rosewater in an attempt to save money but the results were disappointing. This makes me believe that yes it might be "just rosewater" in this Jurlique toner but it's the quality of the ingredients that matters. The only thing I wish it didn't have is alcohol, because my slightly sensitive skin can live without that.

In terms of packaging, the glass is a good inert material for preserving the product; while it looks good sitting on the counter, however, it's definitely not travel-friendly. I had to buy the Jurlique trial sets to get the little glass bottles for my flights. In terms of price, Jurlique has always been on the pricier side, but very comparative to the other brands I've been used to (Dr. Hauschka, REN, Suki, Clarins). That said, I do wish the toner were a little cheaper, because it's the only product in their skincare range (I use the cleansing lotion, moisturiser, herbal recovery gel, and fruit enzyme exfoliator) that finishes quite fast. With my twice-a-day usage, the 100ml bottle lasts me about 2 months. So, pricey, but you get your money's worth.

on 5/29/2011 7:02:00 AM

I have very split feelings about this product, because I really like how it works, but the fact that it contains alcohol makes it a product that I won't buy again.
First of all the scent of it is perfect. It couldn't be more true to a real rose scent. I use this under my moisturiser if my skin feels particularly dry (often after showers) and I use it for freshening up my make-up during the day, and it's great for both purposes. There is two disadvantages about this product though. First it contains alcohol, which is something that I don't want to put on my face. And second the sprayer spays a bit too much on a small area of the face, so even though it gives enough for the entire in one spray, I have to use it twice to cover my whole face.

on 4/13/2011 5:41:00 PM

When I'm getting ready for a night on the town and after layering a good amount of Nars Laguna bronzer and Bobbi Brown blush in Maui, my skin often looks powdery and matte- exactly what most people look like after applying powders. WELL, after applying my makeup (PRE-Mascara) I close my eyes, spritz myself in the face a few times with this and BAM- I have the most gorgeous glowing, dewy, picture-perfect and still tan face!! It's as it melts all my makeup and bonds it together seamlessly. No foundation lines, streaky bronzer, or ashy eyeshadow!!!

It's something I'm willing to splurge on every couple of months! I LOVE this product!!

on 4/13/2011 2:15:00 AM

i bought this product as it was highly recommended by the SA. the first few mists as someone has already mentioned is fantastic but prolonged use show no real signs of benefit. in fact i found myself spritzing more over time to get the same cooling effect. this is very expensive for such a small bottle, i think i'm better off buying an evian spray.

on 2/17/2011 2:08:00 AM

Splurged on this product. Way overpriced for what it's supposed to be used for. With that being said, I do actually like the product. It's refreshing and smells nice to spray on. Makes my skin feel hydrated. I really love the soft rose scent. The only thing I don't like is the price tag. I don't think its worth the price and that is why I will not repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I bought this in a set (Jurliqie Maintain Balance Kit: $40). I usually hate the smell of roses but with such refreshing qualities of this balancing mist, I'm hooked. I don't like the fact that this bottle retails for about $31- it seems a little too outrageous for my liking.

on 8/11/2010 2:12:00 AM

I have been using Jurlique's Rosewater Hydrating Mist for a year or so. It is very refreshing. It is not meant to be a conventional "toner" (eg. spray and wipe). After you cleanse, you mist this over your face then you moisturize. It gives the skin the hydration, and the moisturizer locks the moisture in, and creates a barrier from the environment drying out your skin. It can be used before moisturizing and also after your makeup to set it.

on 5/30/2010 8:23:00 PM

This is a nice product, smells great, but for the price, make your own! I hate that it is so expensive for such a simple formula...what are you paying for?! I have this product and the citrus balancing mist, and although they are nice, the spray doesnt disperse evenly, meaning your face can be left looking too wet afterwards. for this reason, I have used them at night before moisturising, but havent been able to use them during the day. I prefer to now use a spray that contains more beneficial ingredients such as Dermalogica AgeSmart Antioxidant Hydramist...if I am putting something on my face, Id prefer it to have more than 1 active ingredient. The size of this product would be good for using in airplanes though. If you like these kinds of things, this is for you. if not, skip and use your money on something else

on 3/10/2010 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Bought this after reading in ELLE that a Korean supermodel uses this religiously. Love the scent but not definitely not the glass packaging! Hasn't done anything bad for my skin but no noticeable improvements on my oily skin either. If you have normal or dry skin though, this would be a great product to use to refresh and rehydrate your skin throughout the day.

I have been using this for 4 years. I have a bottle on my office table which I spritz on my face when i am back from lunch. I have a bottle on my vanity table to set my makeup. I have a small spray bottle in my makeup bag to refresh my face. It hydrates my skin, sets my makeup, doubles as my "fix+" for pigments. Thumbs up.

Top Rated Jurlique Products