Estee Lauder Hydrationist Maximum Moisture Creme Broad Spectrum SPF 15

3.5

Ingredients Water, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2. Hdi/Ppg/Polyaprolactone Crosspolymer, Jojoba Seed Oil, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C12-20 Acid Peg-8 Ester, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cucumber Fruit Extract, Grape Seed Extract, Rosemary Extract, Spike Moss Extract, Tangerine Peel Extract, Pomegranate Juice Extract, Saccharomyces/Magnesium Ferment Extract, Saccharomyces/Calcium Ferment Extract, Saccharomyces/Zinc Ferment Extract, Haberlea Phodopensis Leaf Extract, Barley Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Polygonum Cuspidatum Root Extract, Licorice Leaf Extract, Hops Extract, Padina Pavonica Thallus Extract, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Pomegranate Sterols, Beet Root Extract, Sunflower Seedcake, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Yeast Extract, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Adenosine Phosphate, Linoleic Acid, Algae Extract, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caffeine, Cetyl Alcohol, Behenyl Alcohol, Saccharide Isomerate, Peg-100 Stearate, Phytantriol, Glyceryl Stearate, Sodium Pca, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Trehalose, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Ethylbisiminomethylguaiacol Manganese Chloride, Coconut Oil, Acetyl Carnitine Hcl, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica Dimethyl Silyate, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey, Phenyl Trimethicone, Corn Oil, 7-Dehydrocholestrol, Cyclodextrin, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Atelocollagen, Chitosan, Caprylyl Glycol, Sphingolipids, Silica, Dextrin, Sodium Carbomer, Linoleic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol

on 1/28/2012 1:29:00 PM

I don't think it's a bad moisturizer, just not for me. It's too light for my skin since my skin is more on the dry side. In order for me to use this cream, i have to wear it on top of another cream as a top up.

I do like the fact that it's non-greasy. Your skin feels moisturized without being oily. Absorbs quite well right away but doesn't last and I have to re-apply afterwards in a few hours.

on 1/22/2012 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Since I have been bashing EL lately in most of my reviews on their newer products, I think its time to give a little credit where its due re a staple product...Enter this cream... EL has never really failed in the lotion and cream department and Hydrationalist is another winner on that front. I like this a lot for nigh time moisture and I believe it does a stellar job in keeping my dry skin moist and on point. For sure, its one of the best out there and I do feel its worth the price. It is nice and thick and works on dry skin of all ages (my Daughter and I both use it-she is 19 and I am 40). Other than Emu Oil (which is my HG) I haven't found a moisturizer that really works as well as this one- at the same time, its not a miracle worker and will not turn back time. My only gripe with this cream is the packaging; I don't like the idea of scooping it out and all the bacteria which the container can hold. Likewise this type of jar probably looses potency and dries out somewhat with all the air hitting it upon constant opening. Still, this is good stuff for moisturizing the skin and earns many points for not causing breakouts or clogging pores which is kind of amazing when it comes to such a thick cream. If you have dry skin and are constantly investing in products, do try this one. You will likely find its and excellent match.

on 11/18/2011 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

holy grail of moisturizers.. leaves your skin hydrated and soft and is a great morning and night cream. would work wonders for anybody with very dry, dry or combination skin but might leave people with oil problems a bit greasy.

I bought this moisturiser a few months ago when my skin was feeling very dry and nothing I used seemed to work. The moisturiser hydrated my skin, and after a few days of use, I did notice my skin to be plumper. I am happy with the moisturiser, it does what it says on the packet.

I have difficulty when using moisturisers, and believe me, I have tried a number. I always find that I would wake up in the morning looking a bit like a grease ball but my skin wouldn't feel "hydrated". I also sometimes have itchy spots on my cheeks.

I have tried a number of moisturisers and whilst some may initially work, after further use, I find that they just make my skin very greasy and just sits on top of my skin - I have tried gels, creams, lotions but have found that it doesn't make a difference.

I tried this moisturiser on a whim, as there was a gift offer on in Boots when I was picking up a bottle of Idealist. Glad I made the purchase.

on 10/1/2011 4:14:00 PM

I have been using this lotion for almost 6 months now and would like to say that it is one of the best ones! I love good quality products and have mostly used moisturizers by Clarins and Dior before. None of them made my skin feel so plump, soft, non-greasy and yet deeply hydrated. It does not contain SPF but I prefer it like this because sometimes creams with SPF break me out. During the day I add a Clarins sun screen on top of Hydrationist and at night use it as a night cream on its own. Lovely product and the price is very reasonable.

on 8/4/2011 6:21:00 PM

I normally stay away from EL because i think the products are over priced and not worth the money. I was on holiday abroad and someone mentioned to me to try this moisturiser because they thought my skin would benefit from it...well weren't they right!! My skin feels so much better and I feel like my frown lines are less harsh. The only thing that Im not impressed with is the smell,It's not a bad smell by any means but I would have much prefered if it smelled like the day wear.

I would still recommend this to anyone.

on 4/15/2011 1:02:00 AM

Best hydrating moisturiser that I have tried so far. It smells great, feels great and is easily spread and absorbed into the skin. My skin feels moisturised and plump throughout the day without feeling greasy. No breakouts which is a big plus as I have very sensitive skin. I have however changed to Estee Lauder's Day Wear mosturiser for more potent anti-ageing properties. I do however prefer the texture and smell of this moisturiser. I just wish it contained as much anti-oxidant/anti-ageing properties as the Day Wear moisturiser. All in all, a great moisturiser!

on 3/8/2011 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This cream does what it says by its name: It hydrates. Ok, two lippies for that. But that's about it. It's horribly overscented - not that the smell is bad, just too strong and artificial - and it stung my skin badly although I am not that extremely sensitive.
I gave it to my sister who does not have sensitive skin at all and likes perfumed creams, and she is happy. Oh well, everyone is different.

on 2/25/2011 10:20:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have fairly oily skin, but the texture of the lotion is nice on my skin and moisturizing. It may just be a basic moisturizer but it feels like much more. Right away my skin felt moisturized and healthy. My face was comfortable all day. With continued use my skin looked more and more healthy and radiant.

on 2/2/2011 12:32:00 PM

This is a very pleasant cream (I use the one for combination skin). It does exactly what it' s supposed to do, which is moisturize. It does not make my face sticky at all, so sometimes I even use it in the morning. The price is OK too. If you want something (slightly) better and you don't mind paying more, try Darphin. This one is almost as good for 60% of the price. Excellent product !

Popular Moisturizers