Cover Girl Clean Oil Control Pressed Powder

3.6

Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Zinc Stearate, Polyethylene, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour (Oat), Mica, Calcium Silicate (Anticaking Agent), Dimethicone, Quaternium 15, Dextrin, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, BHT, May Contain (+/-):, Ultramarines

on 11/6/2013 7:22:00 AM

have been using this with the corresponding foundation and am wowed. I only need to blot twice during the day and it doesn't look took overly dry or cakey. this is really for those with oily skin though. I definitely wouldn't recommend to those with dry skin or even combination skin as it will look powdery and unnatural.

this doesn't break me out either! support cheap as well. an oldy but goody.

EDIT: I have found that this oxidizes. Which sucks because I really love it. I have noticed that the powder in the compact that I have has gotten darker and darker the longer I've had it. I guess placing the puff on my skin and then back into the container is what's causing this. I'll still use this, maybe just in a lighter color next time. It's just for blotting anyway, so I don't think it matters a whole lot.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I've never been a fan of Covergirl products, but a friend raved so profusely about this product (and it was a steal a $2.79) that I decided to try it. I'm quite glad I did. When it comes to the dark circles under my eyes, this product alone does a good job concealing them - it may not make them disappear, but it lessens the severity. I also find that whatever makeup I'm using (eyeshadow, concealer, blush etc.,) I can always count on this powder to play nicely with other products.

I feel a smaller pad or even a brush might make for better application, and I also find the product dusty when I only apply it to a small area (like the corners of my eyes,) but all in all it's great value for the price.

PROS:
I can use it with any makeup
Could be used as a stand alone product for concealing
Super inexpensive

CONS:
Dusty/flaky when used in small portions
Pad is too big for ideal application

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Update! Made me break out :( 3 lippys instead of 5

LOVE! This is AMAZING for oil control. Keeps me grease free for 6 hours! No touch ups! The packaging a a little flimsy but doesn't bother me. It's great for travel. I've dropped this many times and it hasn't broken. My skins been really oily atm so this isn't working as well as it did before but even of you don't have oily skin I think this would be great

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not cakey

on 8/10/2013 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this powder off of a recommendation from a friend of mine and I love it! It controls my oil, isn't cakey or powdery on the skin and has my shade ( I'm very pale) only downsides are it can catch on dry flakes of skin ( so not good if you have dry skin) and the packaging breaks. Now the breaking may not be CG fault, I keep it in my backpack and it may break just bc it's constantly being thrown on the floor. The powder itself has never broken tho ( surprisingly ) the clasp always breaks and then eventually the lid breaks so not a big deal. Overall great powder would definetly reccomend!

on 7/20/2013 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This powder is aweful! Cakey and definitely not light in the skin. Disappointed:/

on 7/11/2013 10:10:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This powder (so far) is my favorite! My face tends to get very oily and shiny throughout the day causing my face to look almost water wet! GROSS! This powder is the best iv used so far. You must understand that the consistency of this powder is very dusty and dry and that is because it is made to dry up that pesky oily shine your face produces over the day. I would only recommend this powder to those who suffer from oily skin! No powder can control face oil throughout an entire day BUT this powder lasts much longer than most powder on the market, which makes it great for oil control compared to other products.

The only reason why I did not give a full rating is because the packaging is very... weak. The mirror detaches from the powder plate extremely easy due to the poor plastic build. Though, the packaging has a cool look to it. Other than that, I am quite impressed with this pressed powder and would recommend it to anyone who suffers from an oily face!

on 6/8/2013 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

First the good: I liked the texture and finish of this powder. And the color was good. When first applied I really like it as a setting powder for liquid foundation.
The bad: The packaging is a little delicate-I've only had it in my bathroom and the hinge feels loose and I really don't think it would survive my purse. The bigger problem is that it lasts about an hour before I look oily. Considering this is an oil controlling product, I figured I should grade it pretty harshly for not doing that. If you have normal skin I think this may work, but for combo or oily skin skip it. It will not do the job sufficiently for you. So I'm still on the hunt for a good oil controlling pressed powder. I went back to my HG so far, ELF HD powder-I just hate loose powder.

on 6/2/2013 5:40:00 PM

I love this product, I have been using it for years and it always impresses me. It was very inexpensive (8.00$ Canadian) and it works really well.

I have combination skin, I have a very oily t-zone but the rest of my face is normal. It's really hard to find a pressed powder that actually stays, and does the job, this one does it for me. When I put it on in the morning it lasts the whole day. I am very pale so my colour is the lightest, "105 Ivory". My friend who is much darker then me uses this colour as "transparent" as she think's it works great! (Seeing as it doesn't come in a transparent shade"). It does not make your makeup look caked on, it sit's lightly on top of the skin.

The pressed powder is not expensive, it's high quality and worth every penny. It comes in a variety of colours and is very light on the skin.I have been re-purchasing this product for years and I will continue to buy it.
(**The cover girl pressed powders also come in "normal" and "sensitive skin"**)