April 18, 2014 | 849 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - Clean Oil Control Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by ct0118

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

KEEPER!!!! I've been looking to cut cost, so I've been looking at drugstore products more and more. One of the biggest issues I have with makeup is finding the right COLOR for my complexion. I'm always in between colors whether high end or low end products.

Anyways, I've been using Clinique Stay Matte Sheer Powder in honey. Wonderful powder to set foundation or use alone. You only have to apply it once a day and you're good to go. I've been using this for about 9 months now and it's getting kind of low so decided to start looking for a cheaper option. I finally found it with the Cover Girl Clean - Oil Control Pressed Powder.

It's lovely....sheer, buildable, breathable, THE COLOR MATCHES :) perfectly. Smooth flawless finish. I couldn't believe it. For less than $6 (Walmart) I have just what I've been getting from a $22 (Clinique) powder. Also, I use Soft Honey with Cover Girl, where I was using the Stay Honey with Clinique. I thought that was kind of cute.

I wish I could give it a 4.75 but it doesn't allow it. I would take off a bit just because I wish it had a separate compartment for the puff. BUT because I don't use the puff, it really doesn't matter to me. I apply with my powder brush. LOVELY finish.

I am so happy, I can't say enough. I'm so glad I took the leap.

Oh! It make my expression line across my forehead less noticeable. BONUS!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2013 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Taraelizabeth6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Packaging: I've broken a lot of compacts over the years & this one was the worst. The hinges broke off a lot and the powder shattered in my purse.

Application/Use: This does control oil well but it also caused my skin to breakout.

Usage length: 2-3 years (before I realized this was a problem for my skin)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by DMlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I waited for this product to finish before I wrote a review for it. It does not control oil and when you do get oily and put this on it can look too powdery. I will search for something better in the meantime back to Dream Matte Powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by mshilaryl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I thought that this product was great! I use Clinique Even Better liquid foundation and then follow up with this pressed powder by dabbing it all over my face, particularly my forehead and T-zone. It works! I wouldn't go as far to say that it lasts the entire day, but the majority of the day for sure, and it isn't cakey in the slightest. And for the price ($7 at Shoppers), you can't go wrong! I'm so glad I didn't spend 20 dollars on pressed powder when this did the job just fine! Would definitely purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2012 10:10:00 PM More reviews by juniebug008

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This does nothing. Nothing. I repeat: NOTHING. I put on my foundation in the morning, I use this to set my makeup, and it does... nothing. (See a pattern?) My face becomes shiny within roughly 20 minutes of application. If I apply more, I look dry. How is that even possible? This stuff is awful for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by fierymermaid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

It does what it's supposed to do: sets liquid foundation and controls oil (for a few hours, anyway). I just don't favour it because I feel it doesn't do much to help hide my huge pores, and I think it is too sheer. Maybe I'm just spoiled by LORAC porefection powder, lol. The upside with this powder, however, is I think you could put the entire compact of it on your face and it still wouldn't cake. I seriously don't know how this cakes on anyone. Apply with a brush and it's one of the most goof-proof make-up products around.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Gossijay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have had this product for about three years and I have used it minimally over the years. Though the times that I have used this product there is something very noticable about it.

The colour of the powder (I have tawny) is actually perfect for my skin tone. I was afraid that it wouldn't but it blends in so naturally.

I do not use the powder puff that comes with this product I use a retractable Kabuki brush. Upon immediate application this product really does mattify my oily T-zone.

About an hour later my T-Zone is as oily as ever.

I remember once I actually applied this product to my entire face and by the end of the day my ENTIRE FACE was greasy! I couldn't understand it! I have combination skin so usually only my forehead, my nose and my chin are oily but on that day that I applied the makeup to my face my whole face was greasy.

Now I only apply the product to my T-Zone and I apply it frequently to keep away the greasiness. This product doesn't keep my oil under control, it just masks it for a temporary amount of time.

The packaging was always bothersome. The clear parts get clouded easily with makeup and I never felt that the compact closed as tightly as I thought it should. I've had the product for a number of years and at this point the compact doesn't even stay shut and the two halves are only held together by one screw.

Based on colour alone I would definitely buy this product again. Though I am unhappy with the performance of an "oil-controlling" product when it hardly controls my oil. Definitely not buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 9:48:00 PM More reviews by xzombiecourtneyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think this powder is great at getting rid of oil and I've had no problems whatsoever with an oily face. It smooths out my makeup and sets it perfectly. I don't use a lot of stuff by covergirl but I think this powder is definitely a winner. I sometimes like to wear it by itself as a natural very light coverage. I would purchase again and I hope I continue to enjoy it for awhile!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by eilishfitz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this powder because i wanted to try it. i didn't mind it and it got the job done

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2012 10:31:00 PM More reviews by stormm

Clean Oil Control foundation is the worst thing I've ever used but this powder is nice. It doesn't get cakey and prevents shine not all day, but for a fair amount of time. I still have to blot my face throughout the day but I like the finish and the fact that it doesn't give any coverage. Not the best powder but it will do if you have oily skin.