April 19, 2014 | 1735 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Indeed Nanoblur

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by batnik

I know many people have problems with this product and I did too until I did some research. I heard it worked well with mineral based products and was due to switch foundations anyways. I have major combination skin.

So- this is what I do:
Personally I use natural oils to moisturise, such as argan and tamanu nut, so-:
1. cleanse/shower
2. oil moisturiser
3. Cover fx serum primer
4. Nano blur
5. cover fx concealer/foundation
6. a bit of cover fx powder, if needed

Cover fx is really compatible with nano blur.
I think they switched the instructions to say apply AFTER foundation because of the problems people were having, but obviously that is ridiculous.
Really finding the compatible products is the answer.
And I like it. But I have heard that there may be other products that compare but don't have the problems.
But it was fairly cheap, so I would buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2012 4:10:00 PM More reviews by flubbard

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh Dear. The ten years younger claim sounded too good to be true and that's exactly what it is.
I've tried patting this over foundation as recommended but it made me look as if I'd fixed my makeup with Pritt Stick. The result was pasty and patchy, far from the radiant glow I was hoping for. If anything, it accentuated lines such as crow's feet. Slightly better, that is not disastrous, results by stippling it on with a brush but it was messy, time-consuming and still far from pretty. I preferred myself, wrinkles and all, without it
As for applying it under foundation: don't. They warn you not to on the tube for good reason. The nanoblur rolls into tiny sticky balls.
Mixed with moisturiser? I've tried that on the backs of my hands and there was - I think- a faint blurring effect but my skin also looked a bit flat and chalky.
The real problems seem to be when you combine Nanoblur with makeup but if you look good without makeup, you probably don't need Nanoblur in the first place.
If you want to look ten years younger, try shining an LED torch into the eyes of your friends. Or get a facelift. This stuff won't do the trick.
I've given Nanoblur a '2' only because I think it might be useful as a mattifying product for women with oilier skin -but not as effective as a decent light-reflective powder. A disappointment.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2012 6:27:00 AM More reviews by olivialeigh7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hi Ive not actually used this product yet and will probably give it a go as a primer under foundation...
what I have noticed is a few comments on one product rolling when put on another, this is because silicon is used in a lot of products now for its smooth application, but if you put silicon on silicon it can tend to roll :) just sharing the love! Use a light moisturiser first, only one primer under your foundation.. the better and smoother the primer the better your foundation will work.... when you go out to buy a primer take your foundation with you and check on the back of your hand.... remember drink plenty of water, exfoliate your skin at least once a week
:) ok love fully shared x

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by zhoo

Repurchase? A very definite maybe. I've used it for a couple of weeks now and here's what I think...This stuff is simply a mattifying gel and it blurs by mattifying. So much for the mysterious futuristic 'nano' claims. I pat a light layer over my foundation. Don't rub or else it'll ball up. Don't use it over powder - it'll create obvious weird-looking 'filmy' patches. It's not completely useless...it helps with my 11s and keeps my face shine-free for a few hours. Doesn't do anything to pore size or fine lines. Nutshel: meh. Too much wok for so little effect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2011 4:12:00 PM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

I bought this for $16.99 at WalMart. My skin concerns are an un-even skin tone, some redness, obvious/large pores, and excess shine.

I applied this product while looking (up-close) into a hand held mirror, and unfortunately it did not appear to 'fill in' my pores, which is what I was hoping for. However, I did notice that my face looked instantly mattified. For that alone, this product is worthwhile. However, when I saw my face in a full mirror, from a further distance, I did notice my face looked wayyy smoother, with less obvious imperfections, and generally smoother. Because this does have a smoothing+mattifying property to it, I can see why this would be unsuitable for certain individuals who fear looking 'lifeless' or 'dull'.

I applied this product after moisturizer, and before primer and foundation. Obviously because this product is colorless, you cannot expect it to conceal any imperfections like scars or discoloration. Also, it did not really help much with my redness. While it mattifies on contact, it does not provide oil-control throughout the day. I have only used this a few times, and will update if I have anything more to add.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Gilwoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Just bought this during a "what the hell" moment. Love it !
I am blonde with a patchy red skin tone on my face and neck.
Although I have good skin, this made it better. I do not wear foundation (hate the feel) so I use this product and a bit of blush, lipstick and mascara and I have been told I look great. It really evened out my red tone. I have recomended this to all my friends. It is not a miracle, but for the price, it is as close as I am going to come to one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2011 7:05:00 PM More reviews by BigEars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product thinking it would be a primer like many brands make. I was wrong, there is no silicone slippiness from this product. Also I found that when I used Smashbox primer under Chanel powder foundation, it rolled off in unattractive little balls which looked as if my skin was peeling. This primer does not do that at all. It really absorbs and fills in minor flaws like open pores etc. I do not know what it would be like using a liquid foundation as the instructions are to put the primer on top, which sounds a bit weird. Also I am not sure how it would work with concealer. As I use an all-in-one powder foundation I find this primer really good. it will not make you look ten years younger as it says on the tube. But it will make your skin more even and your foundation less patchy. A good product but it does not live up to the outrageous hype so 2 lippies off.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2011 9:13:00 AM More reviews by janetcathome

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is great but very tricky to apply. I use a mineral powder makeup and then apply the Nanoblur over top. I put a dab of Nanoblur on my hand and dip a clean blush brush into it. Then I dab it lightly over my face. It seems to fix the make up in place and makes it last all day. Wrinkles are very softened. I am 57 and I love this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by pango78

It does create a mattified canvas for your face and softens any lines but this is at the expense of making your complexion look dull and lifeless rather than radiant and glowing.

It is an adequate primer but nothing special. You have to experiment on how you apply it before or after as it affects different foundations/ concealer/ powders in different ways so is very much a trial and error product.

The absolute down side is that it causes me to break out into spots. I do not believe it is worth the extra money.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2011 2:29:00 AM More reviews by judes966

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a bit of a mixed review. It definitely doesn't do what it promises, but there is one major benefit for me. If you wear powder foundation, do NOT buy this. It doesn't allow the powder to stick at all, and on fact, after a couple of hours my makeup started to fuzz off and made my face look like a flanel blanket. It's not a good primer at all. What I do love about it is that it is an excellent eyelid/shadow primer. Actually, it is by far the best I've ever used. I have super oily eyelids, and this allowed both my mascara and eyline to stay put all day. On that alone, I would purchase it again.