December 20, 2014 | 1578 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Indeed Nanoblur

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by IceCheerMom

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Edited to add: I recently tried Garnier 5 sec blur. It worked perfectly under my makeup, did not clog or irritate my skin and contains no sunscreen ( I prefer my own) or fragrance. It did what I had hoped Nanoblur would do so if you have issues with Nanoblur the Garnier product might work for you. I tried the Loreal Revitalift blur products for the face and the eyes and found the Garnier product better at hiding pores. Of the 2 Loreal products the eye one worked best on my face.

I think it would be very cumbersome to use this all over one's face after applying foundation , but I find it useful for spot treatment of problems. After applying my foundation, I tap (do not rub) a tiny amount of it on on my problem areas - the elevenses between my brows and minor smile lines . It makes a huge difference for me.
For those of you who are older like me and stuck with a tube because it does not work on your face after applying makeup, I suggest using it elsewhere on the body. It helps hide signs of aging on the neck, chest and hands.
I am not sure how to rate this. I think it is quite good the way I use it , and I think I will buy it again. On the other hand, I think this deserves a zero if one uses it the way it supposedly should be used - over foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2012 1:11:00 PM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Possibly the worst product I have ever used! So glad I swapped for this item instead of shelling out the £20. I knew the ads looked too good to be true and companies exaggerate, but when they so strongly claim to make you look 10 years younger you figure it must take atleast a few years off. Firstly, the paste is so thick its very difficult to spread evenly, I don't think having to push a product around harshly and "drag" on your skin is good for wrinkles. Applying foundation was a real struggle. It basicly felt like stickying my foundation onto glue. The cakiness was crazy, it did cover my pores but only because it made my foundation look like it was applied with a trowel. Applying this after foundation is just as bad.There are a few reviews that claim nanoblur only works with certain foundations, that may be the case, it therefore makes no sense for them to sell nanoblur without mentioning this! They should have sold it through a company like cover fx, recommending you use it with their foundation. This is supposedly used for HD filming, it must take a skilled makeup artist to use this properly. Even then I can't imagine it does much.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2012 9:28:00 PM More reviews by Guriya

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay let me start by repeating what a previous reviewer stated...this is NOT a primer, however for me it has worked best as a primer. I put a small pea size amount on my entire face and then follow with my makeup and for me it works great. My skin looks and stays smooth all day. My makeup doesn't wear off or crease even after hours of being out in the sun. The only thing I don't like is that you have to work quite fast with it because it dries very quickly. Other than that, I really love this as a primer.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2012 5:10:00 AM More reviews by ElizabethThird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Despite following directions carefully, in my view this product
does not work. I believe it is a waste of money.

The before and after photos which advertise this product are
grossly exaggerated and should not be permitted as a lure
to spend £20 on a cream which does not do as it says on the
tin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2012 3:07:00 AM More reviews by Hypsie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THIS IS NOT A PRIMER. If you use it as one you will be disappointed. This is technology used in HD film makeup. It is designed to stop light from reflecting off your facial impurities and rough spots. Take a picture of yourself without makeup and without nanoblur. Then put on nanoblur still without makeup. You will see the difference. It mattifies because it is supposed to. If you want dewy skin this is not for you. It is also not skin cream. It does not penetrate your skin, it creates a barrier to stop light reflection to give the appearance of smoother skin. It does fill the pores so if you are prone to breakouts you may have issues with this product. I don't feel that it's
meant for everyday use, but if you'll be taking pictures this is a definite must. I have not tried it over any makeup, but it is to be used as a finishing step. You would not want to rub it in if using a powder, but I read to try using a brush to get nice even coverage over liquid or powder.
Try it, but don't expect it to be something it's not. This product should be getting much higher reviews.
Update: if your looking to fix rather than cover your skin, try Snoxin by the same company, it's fantastic and it's only been a week. 12 months (one/two tubes) to full results. My skin is even and the nanoblur works even better! Also the brush technique works for me with dry skin, no acne. I can't vouch for oily skin though id imagine the oil may mix differently with the product over makeup.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by batnik

I know many people have problems with this product and I did too until I did some research. I heard it worked well with mineral based products and was due to switch foundations anyways. I have major combination skin.

So- this is what I do:
Personally I use natural oils to moisturise, such as argan and tamanu nut, so-:
1. cleanse/shower
2. oil moisturiser
3. Cover fx serum primer
4. Nano blur
5. cover fx concealer/foundation
6. a bit of cover fx powder, if needed

Cover fx is really compatible with nano blur.
I think they switched the instructions to say apply AFTER foundation because of the problems people were having, but obviously that is ridiculous.
Really finding the compatible products is the answer.
And I like it. But I have heard that there may be other products that compare but don't have the problems.
But it was fairly cheap, so I would buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2012 4:10:00 PM More reviews by flubbard

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh Dear. The ten years younger claim sounded too good to be true and that's exactly what it is.
I've tried patting this over foundation as recommended but it made me look as if I'd fixed my makeup with Pritt Stick. The result was pasty and patchy, far from the radiant glow I was hoping for. If anything, it accentuated lines such as crow's feet. Slightly better, that is not disastrous, results by stippling it on with a brush but it was messy, time-consuming and still far from pretty. I preferred myself, wrinkles and all, without it
As for applying it under foundation: don't. They warn you not to on the tube for good reason. The nanoblur rolls into tiny sticky balls.
Mixed with moisturiser? I've tried that on the backs of my hands and there was - I think- a faint blurring effect but my skin also looked a bit flat and chalky.
The real problems seem to be when you combine Nanoblur with makeup but if you look good without makeup, you probably don't need Nanoblur in the first place.
If you want to look ten years younger, try shining an LED torch into the eyes of your friends. Or get a facelift. This stuff won't do the trick.
I've given Nanoblur a '2' only because I think it might be useful as a mattifying product for women with oilier skin -but not as effective as a decent light-reflective powder. A disappointment.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2012 6:27:00 AM More reviews by olivialeigh7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hi Ive not actually used this product yet and will probably give it a go as a primer under foundation...
what I have noticed is a few comments on one product rolling when put on another, this is because silicon is used in a lot of products now for its smooth application, but if you put silicon on silicon it can tend to roll :) just sharing the love! Use a light moisturiser first, only one primer under your foundation.. the better and smoother the primer the better your foundation will work.... when you go out to buy a primer take your foundation with you and check on the back of your hand.... remember drink plenty of water, exfoliate your skin at least once a week
:) ok love fully shared x

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by zhoo

Repurchase? A very definite maybe. I've used it for a couple of weeks now and here's what I think...This stuff is simply a mattifying gel and it blurs by mattifying. So much for the mysterious futuristic 'nano' claims. I pat a light layer over my foundation. Don't rub or else it'll ball up. Don't use it over powder - it'll create obvious weird-looking 'filmy' patches. It's not completely useless...it helps with my 11s and keeps my face shine-free for a few hours. Doesn't do anything to pore size or fine lines. Nutshel: meh. Too much wok for so little effect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2011 4:12:00 PM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

I bought this for $16.99 at WalMart. My skin concerns are an un-even skin tone, some redness, obvious/large pores, and excess shine.

I applied this product while looking (up-close) into a hand held mirror, and unfortunately it did not appear to 'fill in' my pores, which is what I was hoping for. However, I did notice that my face looked instantly mattified. For that alone, this product is worthwhile. However, when I saw my face in a full mirror, from a further distance, I did notice my face looked wayyy smoother, with less obvious imperfections, and generally smoother. Because this does have a smoothing+mattifying property to it, I can see why this would be unsuitable for certain individuals who fear looking 'lifeless' or 'dull'.

I applied this product after moisturizer, and before primer and foundation. Obviously because this product is colorless, you cannot expect it to conceal any imperfections like scars or discoloration. Also, it did not really help much with my redness. While it mattifies on contact, it does not provide oil-control throughout the day. I have only used this a few times, and will update if I have anything more to add.