July 22, 2014 | 1676 users online

Hair Treatments - Joico - K-Pak Color Restorative Styling Oil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by ylrebmik7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

When I read everyone else's reviews, I couldn't wait to try this. It sounded like a match - longer, highlighted, dry, blow dried, tangley and sometimes flat ironed, older (43, really?) hair - and I've tried many, many other leave-in shine, conditioning oils. I purchased this on Ebay on Sunday and by Thursday morning was trying this out after I washed my hair. I added a squirt when my hair was half dry and then maybe a squirt more before flat ironing. You girls were right - this is great stuff and maybe becomes HG for me! It made my hair feel like normal, healthy hair. I couldn't stop touching it. The best surprise was waking up day 2 to find that my hair still really looked great - no greasy build up or kinked ends from sleeping on it. I really just brushed it a little and went to work. Pretty pleased with this! This may replace my old stand by - Redken's Smooth Down. I also like Redken's Outshine, which is more of a cream, but a great leave-in conditioner - I may try this oil with the Outshine. I've also tried Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum, Chi Silk Infusion (eh), Moroccan Oil, Biosilk Silk Therapy, AG Fast Food, Kerastase Oleo Relax (I've gotten less thrilled with this) and a host of other such products. This is a good one. I can't wait to experiment more with the amount and in conjunction with other products. I suggest trying it out!

Update :
I took off a lippie, only because I like the new Matrix Exquisite Oil better. It's lighterweight than the other oils I've tried. I got a free sample from Beauty Brands and plan on repurchasing. While Joico is good and I love their product line, I just don't love it as much

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2012 11:50:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Looking for an oil that absorbs quickly in your tresses? Joico K-Pak does just that. I have previously coated my bleached wavy frizz-prone hair with extra virgin olive oil, grapeseed oil, almond oil, castor oil (this one as a hot oil treatment, or mixed with my shampoo), and a few others like Moroccanoil Treatment which contains Argan Oil. But, Joico seems to be a perfect blend of certain oils, and is very effective as a leave-in treatment, pre-styling, and after-styling aid. Not only does it contain Argan Oil, it also has Mongongo Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, and Kukui Seed Oil -a beautiful blend that my hair drinks up. Would I buy this oil again? You better believe it. It has revived my hair from a bad hair color job, stripping out the hideous color, further bleaching, and blowouts. For the small amount that I use everyday, I don't mind the price. And I actually love the faint scent it has (which I see some others here hate). Oh, one more note, if you don't like silicones, than don't try this product cause it does contain it. I don't mind so much, being it makes the hair easier to brush without breakage.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 2:20:00 AM More reviews by Bellaluxe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this styling oil. I have long highlighted blond hair that sees a lot of heat and abuse. I put 3 pumps in my towel dried hair and everything is easier. Blowdrying is way faster and my hair ALWAYS looks good and never gets frizzy. It lasts forever too because you need very little and the pump is controlled. I just started my second bottle after two years with the first. It doesn't really have a smell and it's not super exciting but it's reliable. I have tried lots of oils as I have thick wavy hair and this is the best by far.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 1:42:00 AM More reviews by DebbieMiller

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Once in a while, I decide to try something different or new.....but I ALWAYS GO BACK TO THIS PRODUCT. This is my favorite product of all. It is neither heavy, nor greasy. It really does make your hair dry faster and it lasts an incredibly long time. The scent is mild and it helps my hair stand up to humidity. My only complaint, and it is a relatively new finding, is my last two bottles have started leaking from the pump edges on the top. I still wouldn't hesitate to buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by alexgarza

I love this product! I have always wanted to try the Moroccon Oil line; but there is no salon/store near me that sells it. So the sales lady at my beauty supply recommend I try the joico oil. I personally use the joico kpak color therapy shampoo and condinitioner as well. I have never tried any other oil to compare it too thats why I give it a 4/5. For me It works amazing though! I put in about 4 pumps on my wet hair and then a pump on my dry hair every day until I wash it again. It never makes my hair greasy or weighed down. I love how versatile it is, I can use it as a leave in protein treatment or just as something to tame frizz. I bought the bottle last October and I still have about 1/4 of the bottle left. I am betting it will last me another 3 mos or so. The oil is only 20$ for something that lasts well over a year is so inexpensive! Very impressed!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by AnnieNYC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm in love with this product. My hair is super dry and processed, and I'm a terrible blow dry addict. I also heat style with a curling iron, and I'm way over 40, when hair seems to change and get dry and impossible to love. This product made me throw ALL the others out.....I use it on damp hair before blow drying and it performs miracles! It disappears into my hair, but leaves it soft and shiny, and I'm even trying air-drying for the very first time in my life. I'm not sure if a product can change your life, but this one is coming pretty darn close.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by aadalbel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The smell is wonderful. A combination of 'clean' scent and 'salon' scent. Works well as a moisturizing serum. Not too greasy. My hair is pretty dry so it soaks this up.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by CristabelJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very curly natural hair and I use this when I straighten it, it cuts down drying time in half and makes my hair feel stronger and shinier. I use it as a sealer too I apply half a pump to the ends of my hair at night and in the morning my hair is extremely shiny and manageable, I feel like it repairs my split ends and improves the overall feel of my hair. USE SPARINGLY! A tiny bit will go a long way!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2012 1:53:00 PM More reviews by MissMelanieM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this... second to Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum. I like using silicone on my hair, and I like using oils. This has both.

I've not noticed that it really helps my hair dry faster, but I love the fact that I can just use one pump and it dispenses the perfect amount.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2012 10:26:00 AM More reviews by TraumaNurse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my first written review but I feel so strongly about this product that I have to share my thoughts. Also note that I can only compare this to Moroccan Oil Light (since this is the only other oil I have tried) but perhaps this comparison will be of benefit to some people. I recently purchased this product after severely damaging my hair with home bleaching attempts. My hair was a severely matted mess and this product made a HUGE difference after just a single application of literally just a few drops. Instantly, my hair became soft, shiney, vibrant, and full of volume. I have used this product now for a few days (after my usual shampoo and conditioner) and have applied it both to wet hair as well as to dry hair before styling. And, I can honestly say that my hair has never been in better condition! Ever. Period. I had been using Moroccan Oil Light previously however it always felt as though the product was just sitting on my hair and not really doing anything long term or when washed off. With this Joico product I totally feel differently and get the sense that it really is penetrating each strand to make it healthy. I like this product because it truly does what I had hoped it would do. My damaged hair has become very soft, shiny, manageable, and full of volume. Also, I paid considerably less for this product than I had previously paid for the Moroccan Oil. I had been paying approx $15 for less than 1 oz of Moroccan Oil however I paid approx $18 for 3.5 oz of the Joico Oil. The bottle also comes with a pump that allows you to easily dispense the small amounts required whereas my small bottle of Moroccan Oil just poured out (literally). This product is scented however I find it less noticeable than the M.O., similar in tones, and therefore equally as pleasant. Overall, I find this to be a fantastic product that truly delivers and I will definitely purchase this again once my bottle runs dry!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No