December 21, 2014 | 889 users online

Treatments - AMBI - Fade Cream

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by applecour

I have hormonal, cystic acne and long story short, my entire chin is littered with dark acne marks. It's hideous. The rest of my skin is in great shape, my chin just looks so out of place. I wish I could rip it off and get a new one.

Anyway, I have been desperate to find something to help get rid of these acne scars. I was looking at a fade serum from Olay for $29.99, but when I saw the price on this cream, I figured I would try it first and bring it back and get the Olay one if it didn't work.

Well, it has worked! Now, the scars aren't completely gone, but they look better. I purchased this cream a week ago, and have only used it 3-4 times since then. I just rub a light layer over the scars before bed, and when I wake up they look noticeably better.

So far so good, I'm pleased with my purchase. I'm hoping this can make them disappear altogether with time. I'm going to start using it more frequently.

For reference, I purchased the one for oily skin.

EDIT: I really loved this, until it stopped working. It stopped fading my marks and it stopped helping with my cystic acne. I tried to stop using it for a bit and then start again, but nothing changed. I'll probably throw it out. I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 12:29:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Love this stuff! Probably the ONLY skincare product you can still get OTC (without prescription) that contains 2% Hydroquinone. I thought there was some sort of regulation where more than 1% wasn't allowed or maybe its just crazy over priced. Anyhow, Ambi contains other goodies like Vitamin E, Alpha Hydroxy Acid & Sunscreen. Although, I never wear it in the daytime for the SS as my makeup over this stuff tends to get greasy looking throughout the day. I have this in the Oily Skin version. I think this stuff works just as good as Paula's Weekly Resurfacing Treatment. I wake up with significantly reduced redness and a subtle but noticable eveness in my skintone. I often stand back & wonder whats making my skin look SO much better as the scars/discolorations are still there; there just that much lighter each time. I haven't hit a plateau of the effects yet; I also find this moisturizes well, I have quite a few dry patches on my cheekbones & nose and this smoothes those out, replacing my nightly moisturizer need. My only pet peeve is the foil tube, it stands up straight on the flat lid (great hygenic squirt application) but doesn't look neat! Over time the squeezing, created a hole where the cream squirts out so I taped it. It still leaks & the beige packaging label has started to peel but I still continue to use it. Now theres quite a few holes & I just adjust where/how I squeeze to reserve product & not create a mess. So I guess thats quite a big CON and oh this stuff has the classic sunscreen smell so if your not into that, that might be another issue. For me, the results are outstanding enough for me to look past this. I have used it for over a year now & feel I can safely wear TM/BB creams vs a full coverage foundation because of this one product alone. Also, I paid a little over five bucks at Walgreens for it, I would repurchase even if it was 3x that cost!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 12:27:00 PM More reviews by Breeline

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is pretty good for me. Iv had acne since middle school and now I'm 17 and the acne rarely comes but I'm stuck with the scars. My mom bought this for me and Iv been using it morning and night every single day. A whole week has gone by and Iv seen a MARVELOUS change! My scars were so dark and now they've lighten up . I'm gonna continue to use this and I'll be back with the results. I'm pretty sure it won't work if your not using it morning and night. I recommend some noxima for the exfoliation of your face. It helps .(: All in all, I'm very satisfied.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by hnnh

So I have been using the product for about 2 weeks now & I haven't really seen any results... I personally think it should take longer than that to see results but according to everyone's reviews it seems to be a very fast acting cream! Anyway, I cleanse with the body shop's tea tree cleanser (switch 2x a night out of the week to scrub with an exfoliant) , tone with The body shop's tea tree toner and then use a cream (also from the body shop's tea tree line). After all of that I used the AMBI cream as a spot treatment on the little red acne scars... I'm not sure if I should be putting the ambi on first (not on top of toner and cream) but the directions don't say and no reviews are really that specific. Am I using it correctly? I hope so! Cause I'd love for these stupid little dots to go away!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 4:37:00 AM More reviews by veelui

i like this product, it really seems to lighten up my old acne marks. i have occasional hormonal acne, and for a while i really suffered with bacne, it was so gross i refused to wear backless shirts. but after it started to heal, i started to use this after combining face wash to my body wash, my old scars have faded about 85%. im on my 3rd bottle, it does take tine to work but im satisfied with the results. i gave it a 4 because the smell is unpleasant

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 8:47:00 AM More reviews by BlendedSoul

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am Brown skinned with yellowish undertones (MAC=NC50) and I'm constantly messing with my adult acne. I had a large almost black spot on my cheek from a recurring pimple. I spent so much time each morning trying to cover it with makeup without looking like I caked it on... it was so frustrating. I bought Ambi fade cream for oily skin for about $4.00. I started using it morning and night on the spot (the scar was about the size of a dime). The first week, I. didn't notice a difference. By the end of the second week, I noticed that my scar didn't look so black. Now, three weeks later, it's literally less than half as dark as it originally was. I dont have to pile on gobs of concealer to cover it up-a dab of foundation covers it just fine. I'm going to keep using it and I'll try to remember to update this post the weeks from now.

Bottom line: If you use the cream as directed ( and wear a sunscreen!) you will begin to notice results). I love this cream.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 More reviews by rxpa1684

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had really bad, stubborn dark/brown spots on my face since i was 24 years old ( im 30 now) that come from not wearing sunscreen in my teen years. I bought this product because the girl from target - the one in charge of the No 7 line - recommend it to me and let me tell you it is the best recommendation ever! As i mentioned before my brown spots were very dark, mostly on my cheeks and cheek bones on both sides. I started using this cream and at first i didn't notice anything it wasn't until 2-3weeks of using it that i notice some lightness on my right cheek. I have now been using this product for about 2 months and some of my brown spot are gone! i will continue using it as i still have more brown spots i want to get rid of. I have extremely oily/acne prone skin so i bought the oily one. this product did not irritate my skin nor did it break me out so that is always a plus! i will definitely recommend!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by DiaryofaDyme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Not so sure why this product keeps getting good reviews. In my experience, it simply does not work. I used this cream for several days as a spot treatment and not only did I not notice an improvement, but I noticed a worsening.Instead of the slight brown discoloration I had, was now vivid redness. It also made the skin it came into contact with itchy and irritated. Discarded it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Jaclynamber

UPDATE: my sunspots are gone !!!!! I can barely see where they used to be , now I'm using it on my acne marks , and I think they're slowly starting to fade also . Don't forget to wear your sunscreen !! I use eucerin daily moisturizer SPF 30, and nuetrogena sensitive skin sunscreen SPF 60+. If you're not gonna wear sunscreen , don't waste your time trying to lighten your spots , also be patient as hard as that is , this isn't an over night fix .

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2013 8:43:00 AM More reviews by appollonia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For years i ran outdoors without sunscreen. Around the time i was hitting my 40's i had dark spots and hyperpigmentation on my face. I tried several products some department store as well as drug store products and nothing worked. I gave up and just started wearing very heavy foundation to cover it up. I came across this product and it was inexpensive so i thought id try it and in less than a month my skin is clear. I noticed it working about two days in. I was concerned about the hydroquinone at first but it worked so fast ill just stay out of the sun and i believe it shouldn't come back too soon.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No