October 22, 2014 | 978 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Neutrogena - Eye Makeup Remover Lotion

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2010 1:23:00 AM More reviews by htrrr0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

works great! simple as that. It removes all my eye makeup without me having to tug or pull on my lashes/lids. I feel as if it is a dupe for the Make Up Forever Sens eyes. MUFE sens eyes is better though.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 10:03:00 PM More reviews by hellobri

I agree with the person who wrote under my review that it is a HG remover i agree!!! I'm on my second bottle, the first one lasted me forever! It takes off my mascara without taking out any of my lashes, its gentle but does the job amazing, it even takes off waterproof like its nothing, To put it simply, i love this product

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2010 12:36:00 AM More reviews by themarshmalo

This WAS my HG remover. Sadly, after using it for about 8 months, I developed a horrible eyelid allergy which would make my eyelids red, puffy, and peel. I wasn't sure what was causing it at first, but the allergy stopped when I stopped using this makeup remover. Too bad, but I moved on to Ponds Cold Cream, which is hypoallergenic and I actually think does a better job of removing eye makeup.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2010 9:04:00 PM More reviews by smdaigle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I have always dreaded washing my face because removing eye makeup took forever, made a mess, damaged my lashes and burned my eyes. But . . . I have just found the perfect eye makeup remover and have been using it for about a week. This lotion is very gentle and quite effective at breaking down eye makeup and mascara. I just put a small amount on my fingers and gently rub around my eyes and over my eyelashes then wipe away with a wash cloth or makeup remover towelette. It's not greasy and it doesn't burn or sting. It's not runny so it really doesn't get in my eye even though I can slather it on all over my eye lid and lashes.

What I really like about this is that I don't have to apply it to a cotton pad. By putting it directly on my eye I am able to saturate the makeup without pulling on my lashes. I have finally found an eye-makeup remover that has eliminated the dread of washing my face.

I will definitely continue to purchase this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 2:48:00 PM More reviews by alicia2kate

Ingredients:
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isononyl Isononanoate, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Isostearyl Palmitate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Hexylene Glycol, Sorbitan Stearate, PEG-6 Capric Glycerides, Cetearyl Alcohol, Acrylates, Sucrose Cocoate, Propylene Glycol, Cucumber Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Propylparaben, Methylparaben.

I took this eye makeup remover with me on my last trip and it was great! I didn't have to deal with little travel-sized watery-oily bottles of makeup remover that threaten to spill inside luggage.
At 3oz, it was the perfect size to get through Airport Security if you forget to toss it into checked luggage. Great packaging as a squeeze tube and flip cap to make it easy to get product.
The product was very lightly scented, slightly watery and very easy for me to squeeze a pea-sized amount on my palm, dab a bit with a finger to massage over an eye. Then I use the remainder on my palm on the other eye. Wipe off with a tissue.
I don't wear mascara so I can't say how well this works with any type of mascara, but this removes my eyeshadow well. I'm amazed at the amount I see on the tissue.
I expect this product to last a while, but I do plan on repurchasing once I use it up and all the little bottles of makeup remover.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2010 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

Oh my... I think I'm in love!

I tend to HATE most products that have "Make-up remover" on their label. I have sensitive skin and eyes. I break out in full on acne with most make-up removers. Thus I usually use baby wipes. This is really nice for removing make-up. It gets everything, yes even mascara, off of your face! I love it just so much. I've gotten it in my eyes a few times and it doesn't irritate unless you get a lot in there (yes I've done this several times and only once had irritated eyes). Other than that I didn't break out in acne from this or have any other issues when used on my eye area or my entire face. I will use baby wipes to take off my foundation but use this for my eyes as I feel you have to use a lot to get everything off your entire face.

I will make sure in the future to always have a tube of this on hand. I do have to say that after using it several times that I wish you would get a little bit more and that it came in a pump instead of a tube. The tube gets annoying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by NYC22

I've used Neutrogena's liquid Oil-Free Make-up Remover for years and thought, "I guess this is as good as it gets." However, this lotion is far superior! I'd say it removes 99% of black mascara and eyeliner. Not only do the products wash off, but I'm not left with the usual faint raccoon eye that can happen after washing and stay until the next morning. Another plus with this lotion is that it doesn't feel oily. I know Neutrogena's liquid version claims that it's "oil-free" but it always felt greasy to me and I would have to wash and wash its residue away with soap. Not so with this one.

The first few times I used this product, I was less than impressed. But after using it three or four times, something magical happened: the remover seemed to have a cumulative effect so that each subsequent time I used this lotion, the black makeup became easier and easier to remove. (I suspect it might have something to do with this lotion hydrating the skin...) Thus, my recommendation would be to try this for a week and compare the results to your usual regimen.

Here is how I like to use this product:
1. Wash eye area with Dove soap to loosen everything
2. Apply pea-sized amount of lotion to cotton ball
3. Wipe eye region with cotton ball
4. Let sit through other shower tasks (hair washing, etc.)
5. Rinse eye region (there is typically little residue left on the eye region, but I like to re-wash with Dove anyway).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2010 1:45:00 PM More reviews by HeatherlyBreezes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My fav thus far. I preferred this to liquids. I just place it on the cotton ball - where it does NOT get all absorbed into it, and swiped the waterproof mascara right off my eyes. Not irritating, not a lot of residue left behind, and relatively cheap.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2010 10:37:00 PM More reviews by mustbeyv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i saw this at target today and thought i need a new makeup remover and this was cheap and i just love the color blue. it claims to be hydrating and i like how its not oily. at first i thought oh its weak its not working, but as i kept massaging the makeup started to melt off and after i whipped it off my eyes were matte and soft. so for $6 im happy with the results.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2010 10:29:00 AM More reviews by jenniferjanson

I think this new lotion works as well as Neutrogena's liquid eye makeup remover, no better, no worse. I wear waterproof mascara (Maybelline) and frankly, neither Neutrogena product completely removes the stuff unless you use a lot of it., but it will eventually do the trick.

The best part is, this lotion is great for TRAVELING! You don't have to worry about spillage and cotton pads aren't strictly necessary. Plus it can double as a face wash, so that's one less product to put in your bag. For these reasons, I'll continue to buy.