August 28, 2014 | 1754 users online

Hair - Macadamia Natural Oil - Deep Repair Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 2:52:00 AM More reviews by jasminxpx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product is absolutely amazing. It has turned my frizzy, damaged hair into silky, shiny, and manageable with just one use. You really only need to use it once a week and it leaves a lasting impression. I've used this product for two years and my hair has been growing longer and stronger with every use. Within the two years I've only needed to buy the product about four times, so it's definitely worth it. I hate spending a lot of money on products that are probably just as good drug store wise but NOTHING works like this. This product is pricey. It costs $35 at ULTA but the great thing is that it lasts me about 6 months. And that's me using generous amounts in my hair. Sometimes I don't even have to do it once a week, I sometimes do it one every two weeks. I really recommend this product to anyone having some hair issues and they need an immediate pick me up.
It's definitely worth the money!

Also, if you're a little skeptical about buying it ULTA sells samples of the actual product for about $5. But I promise you.. You'll just end up buying the big tube after just one try.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by rtran4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've seen a lot of fake versions of this product being sold online and at various unauthorized retailers, esp. eBay and Amazon. The knock-offs are so widely distributed that I've even seen online beauty bloggers and vloggers review the fake version as the real. I just wanted to clarify the difference between the authentic formula and the knock-offs. You can read the other glowing posts about the wonders of this product for a more in-depth review. If other versions this product have been working for you, that's great. I don't discourage you from saving a few dollars. Use what works.

The real, original version is a super thick, super pearlescent beige with a slight peach tone in under some lights. It has a strong fruity scent that smells similar to many other shampoos. When I hold a full, fresh pot of this stuff upside down, it doesn't move. The product has a extra lid on the inside and the container is not originally sealed in plastic film. It usually runs about $33 USD. I would be skeptical of anything significantly cheaper but you might be able to find some deals through salons.

Other versions of this product, from what I've seen first-hand at unauthorized retailers and from online reviews, is thinner, milkier, and whiter. It is not as pearlescent or not pearlescent at all. It usually leans between white, off-white and beige. It doesn't smell as fruity. Some describe it as an "earthy" rather than bold fruity scent. It is usually runnier (anything runny or thin should be an automatic red flag). I'm not sure if Macadamia changed the formula but I can tell you this is not the same as the most current version (as of the date of this review).

I purchase my Deep Repair Masque directly from an ULTA store. I would only purchase this product directly from the Macadamia Natural Oil website or from the authorized salons and distributors they have listed on the company's website if you want minimize your risks of getting a bad or fake product. Macadamia states on their website: "Avoid purchasing any Macadamia Natural Oil™ products from unauthorized retailers. Unauthorized retailers may include but are not limited to: drugstores, grocery stores, auction websites, discount outlets, or any other retailer that is not an authorized salon or professional beauty establishment." If my descriptions don't seem accurate, purchase one from Macadamia and do a comparison to make sure it's not a knock-off.

16 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Smc2334

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have very thin damaged and brittle, frizzy hair. This treatment made my hair feel and appear thicker and healthier. It made my hair manageable and all around very healthy looking. The only reason I gave this a 4 is because it's expensive . Just for a 1 time sample size it was $5. I would buy this again though.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 10:46:00 PM More reviews by temadeamor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a great moisturizer. It does contain silicones- so it's not good for curly hair method, but I'll use it because it leaves your hair sooo soft. it is expensive, so that is another drawback, but when i have used it my hair is left silky, soft and shinny. I don't think it builds up and I have owned the regular size and used it as a regular conditioner, couple of times a week. I have dry, coarse 3a curls for reference.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 10:18:00 PM More reviews by loveshocked

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I naturally have very frizzy, wavy hair that I've continuously abused with chemical treatments like the Japanese magic straight treatment and have dyed and bleached my hair a countless number of times. A few weeks ago, I got the Japanese straight treatment done - but my ends were bleached over the summer (i had a purple ombre) and needless to say, the ends became fried! My ends were brittle and rough to the touch and I frantically searched the market for something that can salvage the ends.
I came across this product by a recommendation from a friend and first, I fell in love with the smell. It's a sweet, pleasant scent that lasts a while, but aside from that, it vastly improved the condition of my hair. Though my hair is far from perfect, there is a very noticeable difference between when I first left the salon to how it is now.
I use this product in conjunction with an Argan oil treatment oil, and together they've really helped to improve the overall state of my hair. I use it every time I wash my hair and leave it on for a few minutes before washing it out.
Definitely an A+ product that I recommend to anyone with damaged, dry hair!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 1:37:00 AM More reviews by sashacher

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this hair masque. I have extremely dry and damaged hair as I've bleached my hair more times than I can count. I'm naturally a dark brunette and I've had every color you could image - blue, pink, white, grey, blonde, green, ombre, black! You can imagine just how damaged my hair is.

I use this product everytime I shampoo my hair as a conditioner (which is about 3 times per week) in conjunction with other conditioners and treatments. I use it a bit more than the recommended amount but, seriously, this is the only thing that keeps my hair manageable - and not JUST manageable but my hair feels softer and stronger than even before I started bleaching it. This stuff is AMAZING! Also, a little goes a long way. I have a lot of fine, medium-length hair and I can use a dollop about the size of a quarter to cover my entire head. I have only ever bought the 8oz containers and they last me about 5-6 months or more.

Great product, adorable packaging. I will and have repurchased this several times. I really couldn't live without this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2014 10:05:00 PM More reviews by FetusDeletus

When i first tried it, it was amazing. I could see the instant results after i used it. But as the week went on, my hair didnt feel as good as the moment after i used the product. The results were a bit temporary. Nonetheless this was a great hair mask

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2014 5:51:00 PM More reviews by charmedmanic

When I ombre'd my hair and fried to an inch of death nothing I was using tamed it until I found this product. Immediately my hair felt soft and silky and I raved about it to everyone. The only reason I haven't given it 5/5 is because it seems to work amazing in the beginning, and I still use it once a week but it just doesn't have that wow factor anymore and although it will seriously improve the quality of my hair for a day or so by the time the week is up my hair is begging for more moisture.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 11:22:00 AM More reviews by miamiamaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I've used the hair oil and moisturising rinse from Macadamia but the mask is by far my favourite!
I leave it on for quite a while before rinsing it off and when I do- silky and soft hair that feel healthy!

Amazing! Also, you could always try the 1-time trial pack to test it out before buying the huge tub.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by Galenka

I love this mask!I was very suspicious when I bought it because I have tryed a lot of products.I have dry ends and it is very difficult to comb my hair, the conditioners don't help at all.From the first wash I saw the difference. I felt I have a brand new hair on my head.I strongly recommend it