August 27, 2014 | 1735 users online

Eye Primer - Etude - Proof 10 Eye Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 3:35:00 AM More reviews by Mocksoup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a FANTASTIC primer. I bought it off of eBay because I read such fantastic reviews and the price was a little more than an e.l.f primer and a little less than Palladio.

It blew my expectations out of the water. The other night I swatched some eyeshadows on my arm as a bit of an experiment and they lasted well overnight. I used it under my eyeshadow on a date night in January(using w-n-w color icon in "comfort) and hasn't creased on me at all 8 hours later.

I haven't tried UDPP but I don't think I will ever have to. This is a great price point and great product. I don't think it can be beat.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2012 9:59:00 AM More reviews by turquoise89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this is my first eye primer, so i can't compare it to anothers, but i think it works so wonderful, it does help to pop eye shadows and make them stay longer.. more than 12 hours and still there.

cons :
suck packaging (mine is broken, and the top part is too long in my opinion)
dry so fast, and if you can't blend fast enough, it will left you a ridiculous white mark.

overall, for the price, it's really amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 9:16:00 AM More reviews by Cocose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I Love this Primer. Its very cheap. I will definitly repurchase this. My Eyeshadow lasts over 12 hours with this Primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2012 4:21:00 AM More reviews by annnadarko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

for a cheap primer, this one works really really well. holds color for a long time too! i'd keep buying if i don't have budget for urban decay.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2012 7:42:00 AM More reviews by paralleluniverse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this product! I first started using this around 2-3 months ago, and it is my HG eye primer! The price is so fantastic - I bought it off eBay for $6.30 AUD. The packaging is also very cute - a transparent bottle with a long midnight blue cap that allows you to see how much product you use. The product enhanced the colours of my eyeshadow, making them more vibrant and also maintained the colours for many hours. It also increased the longevity of my thick-ish eyeliner (I have monolids) and prevented them from smudging! Sometimes my eyes get slight creases / slightly hooded, and creasing was still non-existent! Anyway, this is a wonderful primer, and it is so cheap. Cannot recommend more than enough - frankly, I don't see why I need to spend an exorbitant amount of money to have a good eye primer, when etude house clearly has made such a great and affordable eye primer!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2012 4:28:00 AM More reviews by asherzoby

This gives my current UDPP a run for its money.

The product is similar, except that UDPP goes on thicker, while Proof 10 is more watery. The colour for both dries clear, and they both seem to hold onto my eye make up equally well. However, Proof 10 takes slightly longer to dry, as evident by my slightly smudged eyeliner because i failed to wait out for the eye primer to dry. Staying power seems the same after drying though.

this product is cheaper though! Buying in Singapore means that it is at a marked up price but it is still cheaper than buying UDPP in Singapore. UDPP is selling in US at 20 USD online.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2012 10:15:00 AM More reviews by Lucifiel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Works even on my super oily skin and even in super humid Singapore. Doesn't trigger off my skin sensitivity at all. Makes my eye makeup last for a really long time and nothing melts off.

Affordable and will buy again. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2012 10:17:00 AM More reviews by Ronrinesu

As always, the packaging is really adorable. It's really easy to apply and it blends on the eyelid very well. It does make my eyeshadows more vivid and they definitely last much loger with this primer. On top of that, it's really affordable. I think this is a great product for its price!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 4:50:00 AM More reviews by gLoOo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Finally, MUA recognized Etude House makeup line. I have been waiting for a category under their name to share my review on this great product. This is the best eye primer you can buy at the cheapest price! Note that I really have oily eyelids and even high end primers can't control this oiliness I have which melts my eye shadows, and makes them crease more because I have this hooded lids too.
First, it comes in a small rounded tube shaped like a pear, and a wand applicator which allows you to get the product and apply it easily to lids.
Second, the product, which is a bit sticky in consistency. You need to pat it down every now and then because much of the product stays below the head part and doesn't come down alone by gravity. It easily blends on the eyelid. It doesn't change the colors of your shadows too. You wouldn't need to apply much and a small pea size would do. I tried this one day when I went to hangout with friends, and after went to watch over my grandfather at the hospital by night. Because of limited resources at the hospital, I slept over it forgetting to wash my makeup off. When I woke up in the morning, I was surprised that my eye makeup stayed intact and still vibrant without smudging or falling off. No creasing noted or oiliness noted! It stayed there for almost 16 hours! I was totally grateful for this product because it has a high quality like that of the high end products. Its cheap too. There is one thing that I hate in this product, it leaves white casts when accidentally applied on outer eye area where you applied foundation / concealer on. But in spite of that, I still love this product and will be buying this over and over again! It is absolutely a perfect 10 for an eye primer. I definitely recommend this to other MUA members out there!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by redchinamarker

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best dupe ever! About $5 if you buy it from an Etude store in Asia. I think it's slightly more moist than the UDPP, which doesn't really affect the efficacy but prevents the container from drying out so quickly.