September 22, 2014 | 1746 users online

Eye Primer - LORAC - Behind the Scenes Eye Primer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 2:08:00 AM More reviews by Stephaniejeann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This primer is my go-to, everyday eye shadow primer. I've had problems in the past with the Urban Decay Primer Potion creasing, Nars creases on me, Too Faced is okay, most cream shadows even MUFE Aqua Creams crease on me, and anything from the drug store is a no go. I can have my eye makeup on for twelve hours plus and it won't budge. I do notice that sometimes depending on the brand, the shadow will start to fade after a while. I'm more so looking for something that will keep my shadow on though because my lids and face overall is like an oil slick. The packaging is fine and the product lasts a pretty long time because you really don't need much. As an aside, I find if I do have a little too much product on or if I apply it after I put my concealer on under my eyes it will settle into those little fine lines and look cakey and kind of gross. If that happens though I just smooth it out with a buffing brush and it's alright. I only wish that my eye shadow wouldn't fade, but I feel like that's just me being critical after a long day of wearing makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 7:44:00 AM More reviews by jealouspony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

So far, I've only tried the sample size of this that I got with the PRO palette, but I have to say that I'm impressed.

My usual go-to eye primer is NARS, as it's the only one that has worked on my oily lids, but LORAC worked great as well, actually.

I much prefer this tube packaging then the NARS one - it feels more sanitary and not as wasteful.

The product itself is coloured, but dries invisible rather quickly. Creates a smooth base for eyeshadow and liner and stays on all day.

My biggest trouble with eyeshadow is creasing because of my oily lids, but I feel like this really helps with that, just as the NARS one does. This is definitely becoming a staple product in my routine.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Shambam121

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

great eye primer, a little bit goes a long way, get a lot of product for price. Not my #1 favorite, if you accidentally use to much will cake up. I also have more so dry eyelids so I tend to use diff. product

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by malibu64

This is a great primer, definitely underrated. Where UDPP is tacky, Lorac primer is smooth and creates a perfect blending surface. My shadows look amazing with this product. I will probably repurchase even though it's expensive.

This one is worth trying.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by samanthaxmariee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the best eye primer I have ever used!

I first received a sample of this with the Pro Palette, and at the time I was using Urban Decay Primer Potion so I wasn't too quick to start using a new primer. However, I gave it a shot and it is amazing! I put this on my lids, then put a MAC paint pot over it, and then put my eyeshadow on. It is the best system I have come across yet. I have used Urban Decay, Benefit, and drugstore primers and the Lorac one is by far the best. My shadow lasts all day, and by the time I'm ready to take it off, usually 10-12 hours later, it still looks perfect and crease-free. The only time I see creasing with this product is when I wear it for about 14 to 16 hours, which is not the norm for me anyway. It goes on smoothly and is easy to apply, but it doesn't give any coverage which is why I usually top it with a cream base before I put on powder shadows.

I would recommend this to a friend, in fact I already have!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by Paulawaulaa

I bought the LORAC Little Black pallet and it came with the Behind The Scenes Eye Primer and all I can say is WOW I love this primer . My eye shadows stay on really long and its the best eye primer I tired . I like that I don't have to use a lot because a little goes a long way

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Purplegal

I received this with my unzipped palette. It's okay - nothing great, but not bad either. It keeps my shadows fresh all day and is easy to apply. I dislike the packaging a bit because the tip is slanted. This causes excess product to build up on the outside; a straight tip would prevent that.

Although I like this primer, I prefer Too Faced's primer and ELF's. Because of the price point & the fact that ELF works equally as well, I won't encourage anyone to buy this. BUT it does work as promised!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by kataroo22

I purchased this after I returned UDPP because my shadow still creased with it. (My eyelids used to be SUPER oily, that was 3+ years ago). I got this home and loved it more than any product in my makeup bag. It was creamy and smooth to apply. It worked great! After about 2 1/2 years I finally ran out. (Yeah there is a lot in the tube, I used it almost daily too, AND there was still a bit in the tube but it was all dried up in there). I went to purchase more but they were sold out so the sales associate gave me a sample. I used this sample for about 4 months before I started to develop a reaction to it. Every time I used it my eyelids got dry flaky skin on them. I think they may have changed the formula in that amount of time...I had to stop using :( It's such a shame because I truly loved it, it lasted all day and even overnight if I didn't wash my shadow off. I do have extremely sensitive skin though (I'm allergic to things like soap, and fragrance), so it might work for people who are more resilient, I'd suggest getting a free sample first!! 3 lippies because even after I got the reaction it still kept my eyeshadow on all day!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by BeaverCleaverReturns

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a tube when I bought the Pro palette and was excited because I like sampling new eye primers. I have it tried many and I always go back to UDPP or ELF mineral primer. I also really like NARS and BE Primetime Eye. TSFI, Korres, Tarte were just okay for me. I really didn't like this primer because it made blending shadow impossible. Caused the shadow to drag and look patchy. Also, made some of my favorite shades look muddy. The three stars is because it does help shadow stay on all day but I would never purchase this on it's own. Most likely will end up in the trash.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by ChEyEnNeAnNeTtE

This is my HG eye primer, hands down. It's the best stuff on earth, in my opinion. The only problems I have are the fact that it's only perfect in winter. It does a DECENT job at preventing creasing and improving vibrancy all the time, but there's something about the increased oil production in the summer that this stuff can't handle on me. I make it into the fail-proof power primer with a layer of MAC Paint Pot on top and there's nothing in this world that can make that combo crease. This stuff goes on like a dream, moisturizing in its own way before drying down into a surface that doesn't inhibit blendability one bit. My shadows are definitely brighter and prettier, even my UD ones that are perfect on their own. When I use it for daily, normal use, my shadows hold up a good 6 hours before even a faint line appears. That's good, but not great. That won't keep me from giving it a 5/5 though, because I'm on my fourth tube of this and won't stop buying it until it's discontinued. The only con I've found is that, in the big tubes rather than the minis, the sides crack after some time and the product squeezes out of them and also dries on the inside. That only happened after 6 months of religious use, though, and my last tubes haven't done that. I'd recommend this to EVERYONE, even the die-hard Primer Potion fans, because there's more product in this for your money. Even though they sized it down, it's still a great deal for a fantastic product.