September 1, 2014 | 1975 users online

Polishes - OPI - Meet Me On The Star Ferry

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2011 8:55:00 AM More reviews by sineadt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

i like this colour it is a wine/mauve with silver glitter in the sunlight this polish looks amazing with intense shimmer, but is much tamer indoors. i can see what other reviewers mean with 'looking old' it does have a slight mature feel to it (at least to me) but i still like this shade. my major problem with it is how sheer it is, it takes at least 3 coats to reach opacity and even then i can still see a little nail line on some nails, considering the price is $19.95 its annoying to have to waste so much product every time i apply it but over all its pretty nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 7:57:00 AM More reviews by ml176

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This polish is a pretty, shimmery purple. It has a thinner texture when you apply it; it's definitely not a cream. It's a mid-tone purple, with very tiny sparkles. It's fun and I like it especially during the fall and winter season. It does chip a lot more easily than there regular, creamier polishes, especially at the tips.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by PomMom12

One of the prettiest colors of OPI. I have received many compliments on it since I started using it a couple of weeks ago. It's a bit pricey at $8.50 a bottle but I believe it is worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2010 8:49:00 AM More reviews by Pekica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this colour a lot, as well as the subtle shimmer. With Mavala base and top coat, this lasted 6 days on me without any chipping. I did not notice any problems with the consistence as some reviewers pointed out, it looked just fine to me.
EDIT: After wearing it without a top coat, it chipped the very next day.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2010 9:34:00 AM More reviews by danni222

I agree with other reviewers that it is a lovely colour (in photos) but the beef I have with this is that the consistency is gloopy, goes on bitty and chunky. No matter how I tried to apply this: with or without base coat/top coat etc it is a beeeech to apply. I didn't know that it would dry with a roughish texture as it was so gorgeous in photos. I hate the way it feels and as for staying power??? What staying power!!! It chips like crazy (within a few hours on me). You will need lots of patience to cope and it is not really worth the effort if it chips so easily. Very, very sad about this as it should have been great OPI!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2010 2:09:00 AM More reviews by stephyrm12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ONE OF MY PRETTIEST NAIL POLISHES. and that is saying a lot, because i have manyyy. its like this minky- muave, but the SHIMMER! OH MY GOSH. its like purple, blue, pink shimmer in it! when i was applying it, i was just taken back by how beautiful it is! i look forward to wearing this often for fall! (:

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2010 7:40:00 PM More reviews by BellamenteDulce

As everyone else has said this is a glittery pink/purple-mauve-y color. Is it just me, or do the glittery colors by OPI chip really easily? I just put this on last night and it's already starting to wear. The polish itself seemed really...gloopy? It stuck to the brush and didn't seem to want to spread. It's not really a standout color either, it seems like my mom has a million just like it. Pretty, but not enough to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2010 9:41:00 AM More reviews by FridayLong

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

One of my top 5 polishes, period. Two coats to opacity, with minimal clean up. You can't know how beautiful this polish is until you wear it in the sun. It's base color is a quasi mauve that switches easily to a pink, purple or even a bit bronzy undertone...but the shimmer...the SHIMMER! You can't really see it in the bottle but on the nail, in the sun, I see pinpoints of blue, pink and orange and silver. Green, purple and gold, all flaming amazing. This is one of only three (out of 250-300 nail polishes, that I have back ups for. It's so incredibly classy with out being bland or boring.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2010 4:53:00 PM More reviews by mudpie1964

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OPI's Meet Me on the Star Ferry from the Hong Kong Collection - what can I say except "gross". This one is down-right awful. The base color is a medium mauvy-plum with brown undertones. The brown undertones make it extremely muddy. It has a hint of copper flash to it but the overall finish is an almost-frosty metallic. This color made my hands look extremely "old". (Pale complexion with slight yellow undertones for reference.) The application was very gloopy (even after thinning) with very slight visible brush strokes. It was opaque in two coats and drying time was very quick. I can't state wear time because this one is only going to be on my nails for a day or two at most. Two thumbs way down on this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2010 9:08:00 AM More reviews by katushka37

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm a bit disappointed with this nail polish. It looked so pretty on photos but so boring on my nails. I would describe the colour as silverish mauve, however under sportlights it looked stunning - very shimmery (I wish it was like that under all lights).
I've applied 3 coats to get the bottle colour. Staying power wasn't that great either - it started chipping after 1 day.