Clinique High Lengths Mascara

3.8

I bought this mascara on an impulse after I had gotten a makeover at the Clinique stand at my local mall. It was very expensive compared to the Maybelline/Covergirl mascaras I usually buy (Price was $15) But I figured "What the heck?! It's time to try something new!!" The first thing I noticed about this mascara was the VERY oddly shaped wand. It is COMPLETELY curved with tiny bristles. After a lot of hard work, I finally got the desired result. My lashes looked amazingly long, and it almost paid offf for the horrible wand shape! But due to the price and the good drugstore mascaras I've found since then, I won't be repurchasing.

Had great expectations for this mascara, and if you are purely looking for a lengthening mascara this is great. It definitely lengthens and defines lashes. Downfall is that it is not very build able as it will start to stick your lashes together. It also has no added volume to lashes.

The brush at first was difficult to use, but you do get used to it. Wouldn't buy again as I need something that lengthens and adds volume to lashes.

on 2/27/2013 2:22:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Holy clumps batman!!! I honestly have no idea why I continue to try out Clinique mascaras when the formulas are ALWAYS way to wet and they clump my lashed together. I guess the name 'high lengths' gave me those 'high hopes' that this mascara may be something different but it really wasn't. This mascara does give great length which is excellent but it clumps my lashes like its nobody's business. I look like I have about 3 lashes by the time I am done with this. Also it smudges. By the end of the day you look like a raccoon that woke during the day. I know this is a ridiculously silly complaint but the 'brush' of this mascara freaks me out cause it reminds me of a caterpillar. All in all I just would not recommend this unless you like living is clump and smudge city.

I don't think there will be any other mascaras that I'll hate more than this one. I have read tons about it on blogs that said how amazing it is and really lenghtens your eyelashes and how easy to apply and how it reaches to even the shortest lashes. So I had high hopes from this one. When I saw that it was on sale, I went for it and got it. I have medium long and thick and very straight lashes, so I used Shiseido's mascara base after I curled my lashes and applied my new mascara. My god, what a disappointment! My eyelashes never got so sticky before! I had to use a lash brush to get rid of the clumps and seperate the lashes that were stuck together. Maybe good for some people, but if you have eyelashes like mine, this one would be just a waste of money.

on 2/3/2013 9:54:00 PM

This is the best if you have stubby lashes! I used this and I had long, individual lashes that were to die for. A miracle in itself. I used this to point up on my lashes as well as the usual way we bring up the brush. I have tried everything! You may have to perfect your technique a bit, but then you will be rewarded. Please Clinique - do not discontinue!!

on 12/30/2012 2:06:00 PM

right now, this is my go to mascara. I have very short blonde fine lashes..everything going against me. For me, length is more important than volume. This macara is great at lengthening and fanning out your lashes. It is a wet formula, which I prefer and it will not volumize which is why I give it four lippies. I used to use l'oreal telescopic in carbon black, but this one is def better. This mascara does not clump unless you are not putting it on properly. It is about 5 dollars more than the l'oreal mascara, but it is def worth it. I got this mascara at sephora for 16 bucks in NY. It distributes beautifully over each lash. On nights out, I add a volumizing mascara on top of this and its incredible how great my lashes work. They almost look fake which is a hard look to pull off with lashes like mine. I would def recommend this mascara to people that need length.

on 11/30/2012 11:53:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

It does provide length! Fantastic mascara. I like its brush very much! My lashes seem to be enormous. will repurchase!

on 11/23/2012 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I normally prefer mascaras that provide more volume than length but this one is really great!
First of all I like the long comb brush. It separates beautifully, the added length is awesome, very easy to catch every single lash and it never ends up loaded with extra unnecessary mascara. The consistency is wet and never clumps. I also love the curling effect: because the lashes are covered with a thin coat of mascara they remain weightless and hold the curl nicely.
I prefer to work when it's still wet, because if it dries and I continue to layer the eyelashes look hard and uneven.
The packaging is neat and simple but durable and practical.
The biggest con is that it comes of easily if you sweat or cry.
The overall effect is long shiny separated curled doll like lashes but not spider-leggy that remain pretty all day. Not for dramatic looks but it's a fav for daytime.
And if you layer it over volumizing mascaca for a night out it takes it to a whole new level!

on 11/14/2012 8:26:00 AM

What I like about it: a. the brush, although it's a bit tricky to use, I think it does a great job at lengthening the lashes and b. the fact that it doesn't smudge. What I don't like about it is that its consistency thickened after a month of using it. Now whenever I apply it I get clumps on my lashes.

on 11/12/2012 8:59:00 PM

I'm using the 3rd bottle of this mascara so far. What I want to achieve is naturally lengthened lashes. I stumbled upon this product coincidentally and ended up loving it!! It's so easy to put it on and take it off. It's very gentle that it won't pull your eyelashes. I took off one star because it sometimes clumps a little. I have to brush it out with my finger to remove tiny clumps. Other than that, it's a wonderful mascara to use everyday!