Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID [ /- (MAY CONTAIN): CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), MICA, CI 77491, 77492, 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES)

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Firstly, this foundation is wonderful for the price (I get it for £9.99). This is the best pharmacy foundation I have found so far.

It smells gorgeous (although I can understand why some would find it overpowering), and looks great when first applied. I also like the consistency, it's not too watery or too tacky. I have this in Vanilla, and it's a good match when first applied. The coverage is also good when first applied, a little on the light side but buildable.

It's a very dewy looking foundation. Some may be a fan of this look, but I think it looks too shiny without powder on top.

Unfortunately, I don't think this foundation agrees with my skin. I am not happy with it by the end of the day. It wears off within a few hours and ends up looking orange. I also end up feeling oily. I have combination skin, but it felt greasier than usual after a week of using this, and I noticed more spots than usual after about a month of use.

I loved it at first and even recommended it to my sister. But it also looked quite orange on her after she had worn it for a few hours (she is fair, but not as pale as me).

Overall, I would not recommend this foundation if you are fair skinned and/or have combination or oily skin. Otherwise, I recommend giving it a go if you can get it for a decent price.

This caused acne. It also didn't sit well throughout the day. It was patchy, didn't offer coverage, and I had red cysts and bumps when I got home that were not there in the morning.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

If you have oily skin I don't recommend this for you. It lasts like half an hour, from then it just stars to wear out and it's just a mess. Horrible experience!

After reading and watching so many reviews about this product and comparing it to the healthy mix serum, Bourjois was finally made available in New Zealand and I went out and bought a bottle of the foundation. Apparently this is supposed to be a dupe of Chanel's Vita Lumiere foundation, I snooped around for a bit and apparently Bourjois and Chanel are sister companies so I guess that has a basis.

The consistency is runny and blends very very well, it doesn't dry out fast so you have plenty of time to apply it onto your face. If you have dry skin, this foundation is incredible because it doesn't accentuate your dryness or makes it flaky. I have combination skin which gets VERY oily over time so the longevity is not as long as other foundations unless you powder your face (HIGHLY recommended if you have oily skin). The coverage is medium, but you can layer this without it looking cakey. After application it gives a nice healthy, dewy finish. It has a pump dispenser which I love because it makes using the product more hygienic and it's less messy.

They don't offer a large range of shades which may be a let down for some people, and I find the shades to be quite yellow-toned which is great because a lot of foundation tends to look too pink on me, I'm an NC 25 for Mac and the 53 Light Beige is an absolute perfect fit for my skin.

This would be my holy grail foundation IF it lasted longer, even powdering it, it still transfers and slides off around 5 hours on my skin and it does oxidise a tiny bit. My current favourite foundation is Estee Lauder's double wear, but for half the price Bourjois is a very good drugstore foundation for I highly recommend this to people who need an easy, blendable foundation.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I actually got this by mistake when I was trying to reorder the healthy mix SERUM foundation, but I figured I'd give it a go since it's in the same range. I don't like it as much as the serum foundation, but it's still a great drugstore foundation. What I love about this one in particular is it has great coverage (medium, buildable) and it sits on my skin well, never clinging to dry patches. My skin gets easily dry and dehydrated, and I have a difficult time finding foundations that don't dry up on my skin over the day, but this never does that and still looks pretty great after 8 hours of wear. My only qualm (and why I took a star off) is I'm not sure if it clogs my pores a bit or not. Anecdotally, I've gotten whiteheads when using this, but I tend to do that a lot anyway, so I'm not sure if it is this foundation or just me.

This is one of the best drugstore foundations out there for a luminous finish! I do tend to lean towards high-end for foundations but this easily compares to Clarins, Chanel and Yves Saint Laurent. Actually I prefer this over Clarins' True Radiance and YSL's Teint Touche Eclat.
The shade selection is great for fair-medium skin, I have this in the lightest shade №51 Light Vanilla and it matches my NC15 skin beautifully. It is more of a neutral shade rather than pink or yellow based, I think it's great because it does a bang on job in covering the redness.
The texture is quite liquid and runny, therefore the coverage in light to medium. You can build up to medium but don't expect it to cover up everything. With this foundation you would need to work on your breakouts and blemishes with a concealer. It creates a radiant, glowy, luminous finish, which is exactly what is in right now. Another bonus is it does not accentuate any dryness (unless it's really bad dry patches).
It is easily applied with fingers, using a brush or a beautyblender, I do prefer using a brush or my fingers with this one though.
Since I have combo skin the staying power on me in 3-5 hours depending on the season and then even with powder on top it starts to slide and basically look like a hot ass mess. So I use this only with a primer. NYX Angel Veil primer works great with this. It makes the foundation thicker (as with most primers you'd use), gives more coverage, make it last longer, I don't have to touch-up with powder as much and just in general makes this foundation more wearable.
This is fragranced but it's a very pleasant citrucy-flower-powdery scent which completely disappears in a few minutes, What I completely love about this is that it does not break out my acne-prone skin and does not cause any irrritation.
The packaging is standard, lovely that it comes with a pump bottle. Can't comment on the sturdiness since I haven't dropped it or traveled with it.
The price point is great since this is such great quality. On my first bottle but will be repurchasing as long as it is not discontinued,

I have normal to combination skin type, also acne prone and very sensitive. What i liked about this foundation is its color and consistency. It has yellow undertones which is better for my red face. It looks a bit louminus on the skin, not too much, which makes it okey for combination skin. Looks natural on the skin. The bad thing is that it does not last on your skin for a long time and it does transfer to clothes. It did not break me out! Does not have a significant smell and the packaging is good.
It is better for dry and normal skin, combination can get away with it if you do not mind bloting through out the day.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I bought it twice so far. I would not buy it again though :D

MY HOLY GRAIL!!!
from Estée Lauder to Rimmel, from MAC to loreal, you name it, I've tried it!!
I have normal skin that breaks out a lot and a constantly have redness everywhere.. this foundation gives me the coverage I want and when I put the healthy balance powder on top it has the staying power it claims to have. Nothing ever stays on my skin, none of the high end ones do and they always break me out even more!! this foundation has beautiful packaging and has a lovely fruity smell to it, even though it's is a little pricer for a drugstore foundation it is so worth it!! I love this foundation so much and I am definitely repurchasing it!!

This didn't break me out like a lot of foundations do, and it has enough coverage for over blemishes. It doesn't have the most staying power but that I feel like is a trade off for it feeling pretty light.

Video Reviews & Tutorials