September 2, 2014 | 1870 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 12:12:00 PM More reviews by yunisu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I finally got down to buying this after seeing all these reviews for weeks!
I bought the shade in 54: Beige. I'm roughly a NC30 shade.

Pros:
+ Nice fruity scent due to the formulation of the foundation! It was refreshing and it didn't smell like foundation. It was one of the few reasons why I was so tempted to buy it.

+ Blends in my face really nice and smooth.
+ Buildable kind of coverage. You can easily put on 2 layers and yet, not feel cakey at all.

+ Gives a dewy, natural radiant glow, reflects healthy looking and younger skin. (I'm not kidding, I really felt that way when I first applied it. Which woman doesn't want to look younger?!)

+ Comes with a pump. Need I say more? You're able to control the amount of foundation you want to apply it on your face! Packaging wise: it's good enough based on the price I paid.

Cons:
- Expensive. It retails for SGD $34.90 in my country. For 1 fl oz, I didn't think it would be worth it initially, especially when I have oily skin and hence not all foundations will work for me.

- Limited variety of shades. The shade I bought was the third to darkest. I feel like there might not be enough colours to fit darker skin tones, so.....it's not exactly very colour friendly to me.

- Foundation is transferrable --> after 3 hours, I started sweating so I dabbed tissue on my face to remove the oil and foundation came off! No I didn't look horrible or that my red spots can be spotted, but each time I dabbed my face with tissue, traces of foundation could be seen on the tissue. I didn't put a setting powder, so I'm not sure if it would help solve the problem if I did that before leaving the house.

Overall, I feel that this foundation works best if:
- You have dry skin. This foundation lives up to its claims and does give a very dewy look and keeps your skin hydrated.

- You don't want your foundation to look too cakey or overdramatic. This is good enough to work as tinted moisturizer (apply 1 layer before putting another type of foundation that controls oil --> eg Revlon colourstay). Or just want to go out running some errands and you don't want to look too horrible. This foundation is the one in my opinion.

- I would still consider repurchasing this despite the price being sold in my country. This is just too good!!!

- I would rate it an 8.5/10 because I have oily skin so it doesn't work entirely well on me. If I had dry skin, I most definitely already be giving 10/10!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Tiffyxoxo

I tried this at the store and my sensitive area (my red, peeling area) started burning! I really wanted to get this considering the great reviews on mua. The coverage was decent. The flakiness of certain areas was helped a bit. It's a pity as I wanted to get this since it was very close to my natural color. The fruity smell didnt bother me. I love the fact that it comes with a pump. It's bit pricy in singapore too... 36.50SGD for a drugstore foundation? No way. I'm sorry I cannot help with the lasting power :-( I hope it still helped! Definitely try it on your skin befofe purchasing if it's pricy in your area!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Helga92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really want to love this foundation but I don't. I have oily skin and this foundation makes me look super oily after few hours of wearing. The foundation itself smells good and it's a light to medium coverage and I really like wearing it on daily basis but since it makes me look so oily I'm not sure if I want to buy it again. I'm in the shade nc15 and number 51 in this foundation was a good match. I usually wear mac foundation but I wanted a good drugstore foundation to use daily since my mac foundation is more like a medium to full coverage so I wanted something that feels light on my skin and looks natural. I guess this foundation is more suited for people with normal or dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by hurricanenika

I cannot rave enough about Healthy Mix! I'm very pale (about NC10-15 right now), slightly oily, and highly redness-prone: everything turns my cheeks and chin bright red. So I want something that can counteract my blushing, match my neck, and still look natural.

I tried Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua for a while, but the lightest colour was still orange on me, and the high alcohol content ended up drying out my cheeks horribly, so I returned it and went back to my usual MAC MSFN. It works, but it's still too dark on my winter complexion, and can make my skin feel really tight and flaky if it's extremely cold or dry out. Then, while binge-watching Lisa Eldrige videos, I heard her rave about this for paler complexions. I read some reviews, looked at swatches, and finally purchased Vanille Clair 51 from ASOS.com (which is the only reliable way for me to get this foundation in the US, I couldn't even find it on Amazon). I believe it cost me about $16 - $18.

It was love at first application. It is a perfect match, the exact pale yellowy shade I've been looking for since I started wearing makeup (everything pale is always too pink!!!). It is literally undetectable on my skin when I apply with my fingers. It honestly looks like I'm not wearing makeup, and that my skin is a glowing porcelain. It IS a little dewier than I'm used to, but I can just add ELF HD powder on top and it's fine all day. No transfering, no fading, no oxidizing. The smell and finish are highly reminiscent of Chanel's VA, but since it doesn't have the alcohol content, my cheeks are happy and balanced. I love the packaging as well: glass with a red plastic pump, and a push-up mechanism inside so that all the content will be used!

Lastly, I have yet to break out with this, and the bottle looks like I haven't even used it because it's so full, even though I've been wearing it (about 2 full pumps worth) daily since I got it about a month ago. I don't think I'll stray from this, and when summer rolls around, I'll be getting the darker Vanille shade as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2014 11:17:00 AM More reviews by belle_azure

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this ... but I was left disappointed. I have dry skin and this foundation clung on to dry patches. It also did not cover hyper pigmentation and broke me out. The consistency is very thin and does not absorb into the skin, but rather lies on top. I really have to work this into my skin or else I'm left with streaks. Oh well.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by modelnatasharose

I ADORE THIS FOUNDATION . its great for everyday wear although it doesnt have spf . but im glad it doesnt because foundations with spf usually break me out. im very acne prone with combination to dry skin. it doesnt accentuate my dry patches. one thing i dont like is the packaging . its glass ( not travel friendly) and the pump is sooo messy but the product is flawless. i get a full medium coverage . but on me it doesnt get to full. just medium.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 9:09:00 AM More reviews by massie80

Great foundation, lovely texture and great smell. It has a good staying power and a medium-high coverage. It doesn't make my skin break out or causes little bumps. It gives your face a nice glow without looking oily or very dewy. Also my skin feels very soft and smooth.

Luv it and it's my new HG!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by jessowen23

I purchased this product around 4 months ago and it has been my savior. I have tried other products such as the Rimmel Stay Matte so I decided to bite the bullet and go for a non-matte foundation regardless of the fact my skin is normally quite oily. I was probably the best decision I have made. It has a lovely light feel to it and goes on really easily especially with a Real Techniques Stippling Brush followed by a touch of setting powder. It brightens your skin dramatically and doesn't feel at all cakey or heavy on the skin. The smell was fab, fruity yet not over powering. The coverage was good and coverage any redness I had.

The only negative thing I do have to say is that it comes out on clothing quite a bit, especially collared shirts. Also I found it broke through the powder after a couple of hours but that could be easily fixed. I guess everyone will find this different so just go try it for yourself!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by ZoeLouise123

I have skin that is quite prone to break outs and this foundation covers the redness as well as the scarring. I have combination skin and it goes on well and the normal and oily sections, though it does settle strangely on very dry skin - but that is the same with most foundations.
I have shade 51 (light vanilla?) which is the lightest shade, it is perfect for me from November-March but when I get a tan the other shades are too yellow for my skin tone.
I have recently re-purchased this after my first bottle ran out after just under a year. Goes on well with my real techniques Expert Face Brush as well as any flat top buffing brush. Great quality for a good price, would definitely buy for a third time unless I find something else!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 1:20:00 AM More reviews by SanFranGirl

I have heard so many raves about this product, so about half a year ago, I finally decided to purchase it. And oh my - it changed my view on Bourjois foundations!

I can be described as a high end makeup girl simply because I was afraid the drugstore ones are a waste of money (due to poor color range, bad longevity and so on). But Healthy Mix change my view on things.

Packaging: it comes in this nice handy plastic tube with a pump and what I love the most is that the uplifting mechanism of it that pushes the product up - so you waste not even a drop of the product! Amazing

Scent & Texture: the texture of this is quite nice and builds up/smooths out very nicely. The Scent is very nice and somehow reminds me of berries and a little bit of Chanel foundations. It doesn't stick to the skin though, but every time I grab my foundation brush - it smells very nice.

Application: is very very easy. I find this to be my slap on/in-hurry product. I apply mine with a nice buffing synthetic brush and I believe synthetic bristles are best for this kind of foundations.

Finish: it is medium-full (can be used slightly and give you light coverage) dries to this semi-matte, velvety finish which might get a little bit shiny in my T-zone (despite me having dry skin) - so sometimes I powder it slightly through the nose, forehead and chin. I find it slightly similar to my Vitalumiere Aqua, but still Chanel one looks slightly better

Longevity: I fairly believe this one has great long-lasting power that lasts (don't know about 16hrs) but for 12hrs for sure! I don't see it dissolving or creating patches or anything like that at all.

Feel: I have got dry skin and I don't find this product ever drying my skin out! Even when I wear it all day.

I believe this is the brilliant product for those who don't want to splurge on high-end expensive foundations - yet have a great product.
The only down-side to the Healthy Mix is that it comes in such a small variety of shades. I found my perfect shade though which is when I have no tan on - NC30 (Mac) is compatible with #52 (Vanilla).

When I run out of this, I quite see myself reaching out for the new tube.

For more reviews on other great makeup products head here:

---
I actually also tried the new version of Healthy Mix that says 'Glow' on it. It comes in a glass bottle without an uplifting mechanism (which I already don't like) and has somewhat similar finish to the original Healthy Mix one, but with a very hardly noticeable sheen to it. It smells also similar to the original formula, but not as much. Like if Bourjois decided to tone down the scent in the new formula.
I am not as much in love with the Healthy Mix liquid foundation that says 'Glow' on it (I don't remember the exact name of it) but it is a good product nevertheless.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No