Chanel Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle 05

4.3

on 6/16/2013 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

The color is just amazing, I couldn't love it more. It's a rose/coral tone with just a little bit of brown. On me, it looks just like it does in the add.
If I wear it as a lip stain, it will look very delicate, natural and polished. An English rose look, as another reviewer said. Worn as a lipstick, it's sophisticated, classy.
It doesn't make my lips dry and it's quite comfortable to wear. However, it completely disappears from my lips in a VERY short time! I'd say one hour maximum and it's gone. Even if I had paid less than half of the price, I'd expect more. For a 25 euro lipstick, the quality is plain bad. I only don't say that it's disappointing because I tried it at the shop before I bought it, so I knew what I was paying for, and decided to buy it anyway because of the color. And I must say that all the other Chanel lipsticks I've tried so far have this problem".
Yes, I'd buy "Mademoiselle" again. Because of the color only. If I could find an identical cheaper dupe for it, I wouldn't think twice, though.

on 5/29/2013 11:42:00 PM

Out of this world! Even after hours of wearing it you will still have a beautiful stain on your lips. Super natural color.

on 5/29/2013 12:01:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is definitely my HG lipstick. On my lips, which are naturally quite pigmented, it shows up as a beautiful rosy color. It compliments my yellowish complection so well. It just make my face glow; I look healthy and pulled together.

The formulation is superb. It's long lasting but not drying, and it's a unique satin finish that's just beautiful.
I hope they never, ever discontinue this product.

on 2/23/2013 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have fair skin and my lips have barely any pigment in them...this color on me looks exactly like the Vanessa Paradis ad. I know this lipstick tends to have a chameleon effect on people so I'm guessing if your lips are pigmented, and you are buying this to look like the ad, best to try it at a counter first. I do like the shade a lot, I think as long as Chanel makes it I will purchase, but I won't be reaching for it everyday. Because my lips are so lightly pigmented this is a lot of color, I generally go for more sheer lipsticks, but there is no denying this beautiful shade. I absolutely ADORE the color I get when I blot the lipstick, but you know, once you blot there is almost no staying power left. Luckily, I found that Chanel Plumetis has the exact same color out of the tube as this does when blotted (Plumetis is another chameleon, appears beige in the tube and is a gorgeous dimensional warm pink on the lips, but I guess that's for another review...).

on 2/11/2013 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this two weeks ago through Nordstrom online. All the counters near me were sold out of it, so I had not tried it on in advance. When it came, I sat down at my dressing table and tried it on. There was not really any WOW factor to it and at first I wasn't sure it was very different from another rosy nude I own - Nars Dolce Vita. On comparison, I realized it is much rosier than Dolce Vita and, instead of making my face look like a 90's throwback (with all those brownie nude lips and neutral tones), it made my face look like an English rose. I continue to be surprised by what a versatile shade it is. Soft, sophisticated, and very wearable as either a stain or built up. So glad I ordered it! Am already wondering if I should order backups in case this ever gets discontinued...

on 1/18/2013 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a conflicted review. I never wear or buy lipsticks, this is my first in years. (Normally I use potted tinted lip gloss). I do like this color on me and it feels luxurious and helps me look put together. BUT.

I've had this since December and it's already almost finished. WHAT?! Is it normal to go through a lipstick tube this quickly? I wear it probably every other day, apply once or twice. Seriously???? It's $35!!!!

This is an honest question. Is this normal for lipstick? If so, then based on color alone, I like this and would repurchase it. But not every 2 months, at this price.

on 12/29/2012 5:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Talk about intriguing: Chanel Rouge Coco in 05 Mademoiselle has been one of the most buzzed about lipstick shades to be released in the past two years. Swatches online can't help but add to the allure and hype surrounding it; this same shade pulls red on one blogger, peach on another, and every shade of pink, nude, beige, and brown in between. This is a seemingly magical lipstick to read about and look at. Some reviewers have even claimed that this color has plum, mauve, honey, or coral, depending on their natural lip pigmentation and skin tone.

Given all of the raves and comparisons, it's no wonder that I myself became curious to see what shade Mademoiselle would pull on me. I have NW15 skin and my natural lip color is a neutral-cool soft pink. My favorite Chanel SA generously gave me a mini tube of this lipstick the last time I swung by the counter, and I was very eager to find out if I too would fall in love with what's been deemed a universally flattering shade.

Mademoiselle pulls a warm brown-red on my skin, but more brown than red. In certain lights, I can see hints of peach, but not enough to save this color from going the wrong type of dark for my coloring. I feel like this shade ages me; it's a little too 90s for my taste. If Mademoiselle was a little lighter and peachier or plummier, I'd probably love it to bits. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be reaching for this color again. However, I can appreciate the quality of the formula (this particular formula is highly pigmented and almost semi-matte, but not really) and the concept behind this shade. There really is something Parisian-esque about it. On the right coloring, it could look fantastic with bronzer, rose-peach blush, and smudgy kohl liner, and the look would be quintessential French chic. As for me, I'm still searching for the perfect shade for me to pull that idea off!

on 11/22/2012 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Mademoiselle is a very beautiful color. On my Asian NC20 skin, it appears as a rosy-peachy shade. It is quite flattering on me, so I do often wear it to work--it gives me a very polished look. However, the formula of these Chanel Rouge Cocos are unfortunately drying on me even when I put lip balm on underneath--I don't have this happen for some of my other lipsticks. Therefore, as much as I adore this color, I probably will not repurchase this because of its drying qualities on me. If you are interested in the Rouge Cocos, I suggest you try them out a few times before purchasing to figure out whether it will be drying on you.

on 11/1/2012 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I bought this due to the hype but its really nothing special about it, its a red/brown (light) lipstick. does not last long and the color is really not wow. i am positive that there a millions of dupes out there. will not keep this

on 9/5/2012 8:18:00 PM

My holy grail go to lipstick .
Perfect neutral colour !
Chanel makes good lipstick - that's an understatement !
On my second tube in 6 months. It's all I reach for these days .
Excellent.