October 25, 2014 | 1147 users online

Polishes - Essie - Tart Deco

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by juliacouture

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

To be honest. I don't use this nail polish as much. When I first purchased it, I loved it and thought it was one of the prettiest colors ever. Now looking back at it, I think the color isn't really that original and I could've gotten it at a cheaper price. I mean, it does have a great formula, with it drying quickly and not being sticky, like most Essie nail polishes are, but I don't really like the color as much. If you like the bright orange with a subtle undertone than you will most likely love this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by mschwarz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I saw this polish at Target and thought it was a lovely coral-y orange shade for my skin. Unfortunately, after using this stuff my hands looked like they were mauled by a bear. This clumps like crazy and is streaky and altogether pretty crappy. Don't waste your money.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by rainlullaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Out of all the Essie polishes that I own (12, I believe) this is my least favorite...quality/formula wise. I do adore this coral / orangey shade, it's beautiful with my fair skin. So I am positive it will be stunning when my skin tans.

The polish is very thin and applies fairly streaky. It's not THAT bad though...I can manage to make it nice and even with two coats, fully opaque.

I love the color though so I use this polish a lot. It's my current mani :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by kaalo13

I actually really liked this polish. It was a little brighter on my nails than it appeared in the bottle, but it was a pleasant surprise for me as I really liked the way it looked on my skin tone. It's a bright, coral peachy- orange colour that really stands out on tanned skin. The formula is really nice as it went on smooth and dried quickly, and it had good staying power. Overall a really nice colour for summer.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2013 8:23:00 AM More reviews by rcmann

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Tart Deco is streaky, goopy mess. Put it on like a standard polish and it ends up streaky-striped, but put it on thick enough to cover the streaks and it doesn't dry. Essie has the widest variety in nail polish consistencies of any brand I've tried, which is confusing. I purchased another color of theirs a couple of weeks ago and it was so watery that it took four to five coats to get the full color and coverage (but each coat dried quickly and there were no streaks). At any rate, I wouldn't recommend Tart Deco.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Noodlecat0328

This is an opaque, non streaky, melon/coral nail polish. It's around eight dollars for 0.46 fl. oz. The packaging is a square glass bottle, with a white cap/handle. The brush is relatively small.

For me, one coat of this polish was enough to make it completely opaque. Like most essie polishes, the dry time is roughly around two minutes. However, I do notice that some nails still are not dried after around five, which is a bit strange. Without top coat, this lasted me about three days, considering the fact that I tend to use my nails a lot. When I do use it with a top coat, it lasts about a week. I love the formula, but the color's not exactly my taste.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was shocked at the terrible reviews on this product because I am SO in love with this nail polish! I was looking for a nice coral nail polish for summer and had to try a few before I found this one. It was exactly the colour I was looking for...not too orange with a nice hint of pink tones.

This actually went on like a dream for me...2 coats and it was perfect - no streaking or flooding at the cuticles and it went on evenly. It dried very quickly and set great with Essie's top coat "good to go" on top. I painted my nails on Tuesday - it is now Saturday and there is no chipping whatsoever and it still looks amazing! I can't wait to wear this on my toes for a perfect summer pedi! I'm very fair skinned and I think it looks great on me. The brush on Essie polishes are a tad too small for my liking but not a huge deal breaker for me.

Someone mentioned that Essie may have changed this product so the bad reviews are probably on that version. If you own it and don't like it I'd recommend purchasing it again because the formula has probably improved. If you don't own this and you're looking for a nice coral nail polish go buy this now :). The price is a little steep at $11 regular price at Shoppers Drug Mart (I got it on sale for $9) - that's more than OPI the last I checked. But I think its worth it and would definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2013 3:25:00 AM More reviews by Jessiqka

Tart Deco would probably only stands out on tan skin. On anyone who is pale, this shade is a nondescript, dull, pastel orange, and I wouldn't even call it especially glossy. I just don't understand wearing a dull orange. This orange is not a neutral, and probably still a bit too adventurous for work-- so I don't know where this fits. I'd lump it in with the pastels, but more dull. It's like the color of an orange-creamsicle, but in serious need of major contrast and an intensely shiny topcoat. Application is fine, and drying time is average-just like the polish itself.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by allisonfaber

This polish is gorgeous. However, it is a bit streaky on the first coat, but by the second it is smooth. Absolutely perfect shade for summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by BeautysWithin16

I own tons of Essie polishes that i absolutely adore, so i looked up some swatches while in Target of some colors that caught my eye and this is one of them. I decided to paint my nails last night using this color.. first i applied my Seche Vite Base Coat then started using this polish, first thing i noticed was that it was quite liquid-y, though that isn't a big deal for me, but may be for some people. After applying one coat it did set and it did look really nice and 'gel' like i guess you could say. Some polishes i noticed are streaky when sometimes going over one spot over again and this one wasn't. After applying two coats i was finished and i loved how my nails looked, they look great, they took about 3-4 minutes to dry, and then i applied my Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat and i could so rave about this top coat, it dries in under a MINUTE, and it makes the polish even more shiny while adding a protective barrier. I am reviewing this the day after painting my nails and i wash my hands A LOT (germaphobe here) and my polish hasn't chipped at all! I think this polish would last me a whole week like i expect, i tend to paint my nails every sunday and wear that polish for a week and then change it up! I definitely recommend this polish, perfect for spring/summer!