July 23, 2014 | 2104 users online

Polishes - Essie - Tart Deco

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2013 8:23:00 AM More reviews by rcmann

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Tart Deco is streaky, goopy mess. Put it on like a standard polish and it ends up streaky-striped, but put it on thick enough to cover the streaks and it doesn't dry. Essie has the widest variety in nail polish consistencies of any brand I've tried, which is confusing. I purchased another color of theirs a couple of weeks ago and it was so watery that it took four to five coats to get the full color and coverage (but each coat dried quickly and there were no streaks). At any rate, I wouldn't recommend Tart Deco.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Noodlecat0328

This is an opaque, non streaky, melon/coral nail polish. It's around eight dollars for 0.46 fl. oz. The packaging is a square glass bottle, with a white cap/handle. The brush is relatively small.

For me, one coat of this polish was enough to make it completely opaque. Like most essie polishes, the dry time is roughly around two minutes. However, I do notice that some nails still are not dried after around five, which is a bit strange. Without top coat, this lasted me about three days, considering the fact that I tend to use my nails a lot. When I do use it with a top coat, it lasts about a week. I love the formula, but the color's not exactly my taste.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was shocked at the terrible reviews on this product because I am SO in love with this nail polish! I was looking for a nice coral nail polish for summer and had to try a few before I found this one. It was exactly the colour I was looking for...not too orange with a nice hint of pink tones.

This actually went on like a dream for me...2 coats and it was perfect - no streaking or flooding at the cuticles and it went on evenly. It dried very quickly and set great with Essie's top coat "good to go" on top. I painted my nails on Tuesday - it is now Saturday and there is no chipping whatsoever and it still looks amazing! I can't wait to wear this on my toes for a perfect summer pedi! I'm very fair skinned and I think it looks great on me. The brush on Essie polishes are a tad too small for my liking but not a huge deal breaker for me.

Someone mentioned that Essie may have changed this product so the bad reviews are probably on that version. If you own it and don't like it I'd recommend purchasing it again because the formula has probably improved. If you don't own this and you're looking for a nice coral nail polish go buy this now :). The price is a little steep at $11 regular price at Shoppers Drug Mart (I got it on sale for $9) - that's more than OPI the last I checked. But I think its worth it and would definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2013 3:25:00 AM More reviews by Jessiqka

Tart Deco would probably only stands out on tan skin. On anyone who is pale, this shade is a nondescript, dull, pastel orange, and I wouldn't even call it especially glossy. I just don't understand wearing a dull orange. This orange is not a neutral, and probably still a bit too adventurous for work-- so I don't know where this fits. I'd lump it in with the pastels, but more dull. It's like the color of an orange-creamsicle, but in serious need of major contrast and an intensely shiny topcoat. Application is fine, and drying time is average-just like the polish itself.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by allisonfaber

This polish is gorgeous. However, it is a bit streaky on the first coat, but by the second it is smooth. Absolutely perfect shade for summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by BeautysWithin16

I own tons of Essie polishes that i absolutely adore, so i looked up some swatches while in Target of some colors that caught my eye and this is one of them. I decided to paint my nails last night using this color.. first i applied my Seche Vite Base Coat then started using this polish, first thing i noticed was that it was quite liquid-y, though that isn't a big deal for me, but may be for some people. After applying one coat it did set and it did look really nice and 'gel' like i guess you could say. Some polishes i noticed are streaky when sometimes going over one spot over again and this one wasn't. After applying two coats i was finished and i loved how my nails looked, they look great, they took about 3-4 minutes to dry, and then i applied my Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat and i could so rave about this top coat, it dries in under a MINUTE, and it makes the polish even more shiny while adding a protective barrier. I am reviewing this the day after painting my nails and i wash my hands A LOT (germaphobe here) and my polish hasn't chipped at all! I think this polish would last me a whole week like i expect, i tend to paint my nails every sunday and wear that polish for a week and then change it up! I definitely recommend this polish, perfect for spring/summer!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by blondebum

I love the color but such a poorly made product. I apply two coats and then apply a nail chip clear coat and by the next day my nail polish is already coming off. Essie offers a variety of great colors but the quality of the product is so poor. It's unfortunate.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 8:01:00 AM More reviews by twoformirth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm surprised at all the bad reviews on here for this polish. I have had some issues with other colours in the Essie catalogue being difficult to apply well (Ballet Slippers jumps immediately to mind), I found Tart Deco to be one of their better formulas.

I applied Essie's First Base Basecoat, two coats of polish and Essie's Good To Go Topcoat. The polish itself went on well, wasn't too thin or thick, and dried beautifully and quickly thanks to the topcoat.

In terms of colour, it's just beautiful. Great for spring, very nice and bright.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2013 5:36:00 AM More reviews by joanne150406

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is seriously the worst formula I have ever used of any nail polish - it was the biggest mess! I have used nail polish all my life as well. I had to redo it like three times, and even then needed three coats. I love this colour but this was horrendous to apply which I really don't understand because other Essie polishes I have used are fine. I'm sure there would be better dupes of this colour. Please avoid this if you can :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 3:00:00 AM More reviews by vbrooked

Essie must have changed the formula on this baby as of late, because it is no longer thick and globby. Rather it is smooth and almost too liquid-y, but it's fine with a steady hand and good base coat. I use essie Grow Stronger base coat and Good to Go top coat, since these nail polish formulas are all really made to go together for the best look (I promise it's not a gimmick, it's true haha). In the bottle the color is a very light, peachy coral. On my fingernails the color stayed rather true, but did darken and brighten up a bit after drying to a true coral with bright pink undertones and orange overtones. The color is very warm, bright and fun. Looks great paired with essie's No Place Like Chrome as an accent nail or subtle nail art. I wear this polish all around campus and at work and always get compliments oh how "unique" the color is. As always though, the brush leaves a little to be desired in all essie polishes.