July 29, 2014 | 1397 users online

Lip Treatments - Christian Dior - Creme de Rose 001

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 2:24:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

I love this balm. I use it before bed at night so when I wake up in the morning my lips are all nice and smooth. I can't explain how it feels... But it feels fuller; like there's no wrinkles and dry patches on my lips. It smells wonderful and a little goes a long way.

Edit - May 2014... I bought the NUXE reve de miel when I went to Paris last week, and still thought Dior is a better lip balm... Hands down. My lips feel smoother and less chapped in the morning after using Dior. This is my HG night time lip treatment balm.

I just found out that this product may be discontinued. So stock up everyone if you love this product as much as I do.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Disagree with all negative reviews. For me: the only thing that protects and soothes my lips in cold weather. Indispensable. If this didn't work to heal your painfully chapped lips, try A+d ointment (for tattoos, etc).. I have heard it works wonders. For me Dior lip balms are the best. The ones they have in their travel kits and palettes are just as good. This is HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by meeschka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love this balm. i use it every single day, probably 3 times a day. not because i need to, but because i love the scent and the feel of it!

its claims to be a plumping balm, and i think thats total BS. it hasnt plumped anything as far as i can tell. but it definitely has smoothed out my lips. they never feel chapped-- they are always soft and pillowy and my lipstick applies perfectly when i use this balm regularly.

in my opinion, this balm is *way* better than by terry's baume de rose.

i love the packaging, i love the rose scent, and i actually enjoy lip balms that are in pots. i will definitely buy this again when i run out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by georgia21

This product made my lips feel dry and irritated.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by blondebohemian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used this a few years ago, ran out, and forgot about it. Then I stumbled at the Dior counter and remembered my love for it a few months ago.

My lips are full naturally so I'm not really hunting for a lip plumper. However, I wear a lot of nude lipsticks and that requires my lips to look flawless. Even with regular exfoliation and applying loads of other lip balms (Burt's Bees, medicated Chapstick and other inexpensive brands) I still struggle with dry lips that can get flakey. The only products that have solved this for me are the La Mer balm, Lip Fusion XL (due to the collagen in it - however it's impossible to find) and the Dior rose.

Packaging: white, old fashioned tin. It's rather charming. I don't mind dipping my finger in it. I did drop mine and it did chip but I'm not too upset.

There's no taste to the lip balm. It's pink in color - the one I had a few years back oxidized to yellow but the one I've had for 3 or so months hasn't. I am a huge fan of rosé scents and the Dior lip balm has a slight rosé scent but it fades quickly.

I apply it throughout the day when I need it and then a thick coat at night. My lips are transformed! They are beyond soft and I never deal with chapped or flakey lips anymore. It has a slight gloss to it - very subtle and a very slight pink tint. Neither the tint or the gloss has changed my lipsticks though.

In terms of its plumping claims -- I see it. I have tried many lip plumpers over the years even though my lips are full (because why not?) and I don't expect a lip balm to ever even come close to the effects surgery and injections would give. A lip plumper is like a push up bra for your lips - your lips but a little bit better. Lip Fusion XL was by far the best lip plumper although this Dior balm comes close. Even after the first over night use I noticed my lips were different. The little lines in my lips were gone, and they had a little more oomph. A small different, only noticeable to me.

Overall, this lip balm is a great product and I will continue repurchasing :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by iwannago

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

literally the best lip balm i have ever used. the textire of this lip balm is unlike any other, its smooth on the lips and leaves a nice sheen on the lips. it also has a slight rose scent its nice:). this lipbalm does what it says it does, it smoothes your lips, and does plump them... not the tingling type of plumping but your lips just look full and plump and oh so kissable. worth the price? every penny. it lasts a long time and makes your lips look and feel to die for.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 2:48:00 AM More reviews by beautyjunkyannonymous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of those rare products I have actually repurchased... twice! I love the scent, it's a very, very soft rose scent... if the product weren't called "Creme de Rose" I don't think I'd automatically classify this as a rose scent, which is a compliment to the subtlety of this stuff. It has a pretty baby pink color in the pot but absolutely zero color on the lips. When you open the pot for the very first time, the balm appears a little hard but when you warm your finger over the surface and rub it gently the balm softens and you can pick up as much product as you like onto the pad of your finger. It applies very smoothly (unlike, say, Nuxe Reve de Miel which I find I have to drag across my lips). It does a great job soothing chapped lips but honestly when I use this regularly my lips never get sore or chapped (and I'm quite prone to both these things). I also find this makes a good base for lipsticks and/or glosses because it isn't too shiny, slippery, or oily (however, it isn't dry and matte like Nuxe Reve de Miel). Oh, and I just want to mention (and maybe it is just all in my head...) but I swear my lips do look a little plumper when I use this. Definitely not in a tingly, bee-stung, lip-plumper-irritated kind of way... Just a little more pillow-y and lush. I definitely didn't bank on this product delivering anything in the plumping category and dismissed those claims, but hey, I'll take it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 8:21:00 AM More reviews by daisylonglegs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

AMAZING PRODUCT. Bought this yesterday and already, my lips are noticeably plumper and fuller. Beautiful delicate rosé fragrance and I like the pot. It's a very retro type of packaging. Feels slightly 'tacky' on lips when applied but...wow, it's worth it.
I used it last thing at night, having applied few times during the day.
Definite repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2013 11:57:00 AM More reviews by blydia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I feel stupid that i bought this. I was in a hurry and thought after all the raving reviews there could be nothing wrong with it. when i looked at the inci list i was very disappointed to read paraffin as the third ingredient. honestly if i wanted sth mineral oil based i could have stayed with the carmexes and blistexes of this world. i feel like it actually dries my lips out and the smell is too strong for me. i will continue to test it since i spent the $$ but shouldnt have bought it.

Update: I don't care about the mineral oil, this stuff is quite good. never had a lip balm that gave me such a feel of moisture. You really need to massage it into the lips to get the plumping effect. Always use this with my skincare routine AM/PM. I'm probably gonna repurchase it even though it's like 40 bucks in switzerland...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by dazzlelight21

Creme de Rose is one of my favourite lip balms! It smells amazing, like delicate roses. The balm is smooth, creamy and hydrating. It leaves my lips feeling soft without feeling sticky and the rosy scent lingers on my lips for a while. The only downside would have to be the packaging-it comes in a luxurious little pot, which requires you to dip your finger inside. The packaging is cute, only not very sanitary. However, the balm itself is amazing; I definitely recommend Creme de Rose and would repurchase!