November 29, 2014 | 1166 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Daily Brush Cleaner

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by product_junkie6

This stuff smells terrible and doesn't work as well as other brush cleaners.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2012 4:44:00 AM More reviews by ladybubblepop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Even though it's a great price for the packaging its an absolute waste of money! The product does nothing. I need over 6 pumps to wipe my brush clean and again it doesn't clean it well. my advice is forget it and try something else. this is almost like just water or maybe water is better than this. Don't waster your money on this crap!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by trillium13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff, so much so that I keep backups all the time. I use it daily. It's a great brush cleaner, and I like that it sanitizes the brushes as it cleans. The packaging looks nice too, if you're into that. I know a lot of people dislike the scent of this spray, but I personally like it. I don't find it too strong, but I'm not too sensitive to fragrances. It leaves a nice light scent on the brushes too, that you can smell when you use them again. It's definitely not overpowering for me. it's a fresh, sort of floral-y smell. The scent is actually one of the things I like most about it! You can't go wrong with the price, and it does its job perfectly. 2 sprays, wipe on a towel, and done. Clean brushes! I still shampoo and "deep clean" all my brushes ever couple of weeks, but this is great for daily in-between cleaning. It works well on most products for me, even cream shadows, but not for gel or cream eyeliners. Those brushes I clean with a shampoo. Anything else, this spray does the job.
Edit:It's now several months later and I've noticed they decreased the size of the bottle SIGNIFICANTLY. It is now 2oz where it was 8oz. It's still the same price. :( For this reason I won't be buying it any more. That's a ridiculous price jump and I don't think that's cool. :( Took off 2 lippies.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2012 6:25:00 AM More reviews by TwirlyGirly1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this a couple of months ago at Target. The product being sold there was in a much smaller bottle (2 oz).

I only use the ELF Brush Cleaner to spot clean brushes used to apply *powder* products, immediately after use. For that it works very well. Brushes I've used to apply cream/liquid makeup are cleaned with a bit of baby shampoo and water after each use. I find that faster, easier, and much less expensive than using the ELF Brush Cleaner for those, because the brushes I use to apply cream/liquid products are *very* dense, and I'd have to use a lot of Brush Cleaner and do a lot of wiping to get the product out of the bristles.

In my experience, using the ELF Brush Cleaner on the brushes I've used to apply powder products, and using baby shampoo + water on the brushes used to apply cream/liquid products, removes about 90% of the product from the bristles.

Once a week I "deep clean" ALL of my brushes to ensure I've gotten out every bit of makeup residue (using Coastal Scent's Brush Purifier).

I also have not experienced any leaking of the product from the container, but the size of the product I bought is considerably smaller than what has been purchased by others online through ELF.

Insofar as any odor....most makeup products do have some chemicals in them, so I expect them to have a chemical odor and it doesn't bother me. I don't notice any odor from the ELF Brush Cleaner that's any better or worse than many other beauty products I use.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2012 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Jessie93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great brush cleaner! Only down side is the smell. The cleanser itself has a very strong chemical smell and when I first opened the packaging it smelled like rotten fish (although the smell did go away after airing the bottle out.) Other than that, I think it's definatley worth the $3.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 11:03:00 AM More reviews by alex193

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was looking for something to simply disinfect my brushes between use. I have issues lately with acne and I didn't want to make things worse by using bacteria laden brushes, and I only shampoo my brushes once a month or so. I actually like the smell of this even though I generally don't like fragrance in my cosmetics. I think it leaves my brushes smelling nice. I realize I could make my own disinfectant spray with alcohol and water, but I'd really just rather buy this. I'll buy again for sure.

Also, I don't think this is designed to clean your brushes, so don't purchase is that is what you are looking for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2012 10:00:00 AM More reviews by applecour

Love it. Does what it says and it smells so good. I love that it's in a spray bottle as well. I will definitely repurchase. It seems like it's going to last quite a while as well!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2012 3:34:00 AM More reviews by Ricksgirl32

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's alcohol in a bottle nuff said,nah it's okay,it does have a nice fine mist and a tad stinky smell lol don't waste your $3 bucks,go to the dollar store:purchase one bottle of alcohol $1 and a sprayer $1,Voila I saved you a buck,maybe even 2 if you have an empty sprayer. This product is a disappointment because it contains no conditioning properties,all it is,is watered down alcohol!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2012 5:35:00 PM More reviews by tayrose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The bottle is huge but poorly made and leaks from the top when placed sideways. You know your brushes are being disinfected for the plain fact that the second ingredient is Alcohol but that's about all it's good for is disinfecting, the cleaning aspect was poor. BUT, recently, I poured some of my Bare Essentials Brush Shampoo into the bottle, gave it a shake, and sprayed. The cleaning power went up 100%. I would recommend to those who bought this product, put some of your brush shampoo into the bottle. It works then. At least I'll be able to use it up.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2012 10:32:00 AM More reviews by Beautyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I thought I would give this a shot being that I use the E.L.F brush shampoo & think that works rather well. This on the other hand is like a waste of the $3 that it is. The bottle is big for the price but the product does nothing at all. I think it smells horrible too.