November 24, 2014 | 2078 users online

Eyeliner - Physicians Formula - Shimmer Strips Gel CreamLiner Trio - Blue Eyes

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2011 9:21:00 PM More reviews by changja2

Meh. I wasn't impressed, so I returned it after using it for a week as my other liners perform better. I would give this a 2.5 but decided to round up. This gel set smeared/smudged on my oily double lidded asian eyes - as much as any other liner does.

Compared to L'oreal's Hip cream liner in Midnight Blue, the PF blue was more purple in color. Maybelline's gel liner and Wet n Wild's in black are both smoother, glide on better and are much more pigmented. I can see the blue sparkles in the black liner in the pot but the sparkles aren't visible when on the eyes. All the colors fade quite alot and looks splotchy after a few hours.

I'm still on the hunt for a gel liner that won't give me raccoon eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2011 6:36:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

This review is for the Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Gel Cream Liner. Not the Glam Eyes Collection. (Which are all metallic)
The blue eyes collection was my first choice in the PF Cream/Liner, (my eyes are brown)
. I wrote an overall review of the PF cream/gel liners which you can check out if you like. I'm just sticking to a review of the three colors in the blue eyes collection.
1) The matte brown . has medium intensity with just a tiny hint of a shine to it..Lovely shade for upper and lower lash lining. Not too light or too dark.
2( The matte blue is a medium gorgeous sapphire blue. No purple in it at all. I use this also for upper and lower lining as well as on my water line. It makes my eyes pop!
3) The matte black is matte base with flecks of blue micro-glitter that stays put. (no glitter in or around the eyes) The blue flash gives a bit of a tint look to the black which I like a lot. I use this mostly for upper lash lining.
All the shades can be used smudged for a shadow as well. There is so much you can do with these they're a blast to play with! The quality is superb.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2011 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Marigold67

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased the Glam Blue Eyes metallic colours set despite having brown eyes. The 3 colours in this set are silver, royal blue & a bIack with tiny silver glitters. I wanted the blue & silver in the set, but liked the idea of the black, thinking it might be like the Mac one Blitz & Glitz which I don't have. On the onset I absolutely LOVED these liners. Soft, smooth, pigmented, no skipping, perfect sized brush that comes with it, absolutely no lid transfer or slipping... I thought I'd found my HG liners and was gearing up to buy more colours. Until 3 weeks in, I started having problems with my contacts. I thought it was because they were due for the monthly change over. Change done, and still I was having the same problem of sharp grit in my eyes. Thinking it was my mascara, I tossed it and started a new tube. Nope, same thing no matter which tube I used. It wasn't until I started rinsing SILVER particles off my lenses that I realized it was the liner drying & flaking off in my eyes. I've since gone back to my Maybelline studio liners & the problem has ceased. BOO! I LOVED these liners... I bought these at Pharmaprix for $16 Cdn, kinda steep but I figured for 3 liners it's pretty good if they work out for me. Unfortunately they didn't. I said I wouldn't repurchase them, but I would be willing to retry them just in case I got a wonky batch.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2010 6:15:00 PM More reviews by suzyjo127

I have very folded upper lids, which leads to a constant battle with eyeliner transfers. These liners don't transfer to my top lids and stay on all day. I applied the brown to my upper lids at 6 in the morning and it stayed on all day!! Good deal, too, but make sure you wait till you have coupons!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 8:59:00 AM More reviews by EM603

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really had no high expectations with this eye liner trio after using smashbox gel-cream liners...but I was proved wrong, this gel liners are even BETTER! They are incredibly smooth and glide on super well and they stay on allll day! The colors are great too!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Suchan

Wow, wow, wow. I've been experimenting with DS gel or cream eyeliners for the past couple of years (L'Oreal Hip, Sonia Kashuk), but this cute trio from PF is the best so far. Though I have medium brown eyes, I purchased the blue eye trio to get the blue E/L. The blue looks gorgeous with brown eyes (I don't know why blue is included only for blue eyes). The brown is a little too light for my medium skin tone, but it makes a great lower lid eyeliner for a natural look. It tends to fade, however, by the end of the day. The black is very nice and has subtle blue sparkles, but nothing too dramatic. Except for the brown/bronze color, the other colors have good staying power, and all colors are very creamy and easy to apply. This is probably my best cosmetic find of the year, and I will definitely repurchase either this trio or the one for brown eyes. This is a winner for PF!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2010 12:55:00 AM More reviews by GuerlainAds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have problem asian hooded monolids. EVERYTHING transfers onto my lowers. This did after just two hrs, albeit faintly. It also flaked a little. It's pigmented enough and the brush that comes with it is not bad. I use it. Since this entry is for the Blue Eyes set, I am only reviewing the Blue Eyes set but I will say that the Green Eyes set was a lot worse than this one. (I will review the Green Eyes set in the general All Colors page for it.)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by dragonflymusicgirl

I got this for 40% off at cvs, just like the other reviewer, which made is about $6 for the the cute little liners. The colors?
Blue: A gorgeous deep navy blue with little tiny sparkles that make up for a pretty sheen. These also look gorgeous with my brown/black asian eyes :)
Brown: A bronzy-ish color that's too light for an eyeliner for me, but great as an eyeshadow base.
Black: Super true black, with the infamous little tiny blue shimmers in it.
These are adorable!! :) Kind of like eyeliner legos. And the brush that it comes with is (SURPRISE!!) really great for a medium or thick line. These also last through anything. Track meets, a hot AZ summer day, dance performances, concerts... well you get the idea :) The final verdict? I would totally recommend these to a friend and am stocking up just in case they're discontinued ;)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2010 9:48:00 AM More reviews by sherylhazel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this at 40% off at CVS and also had $1 coupon. It was a great bargain. So far I have used the black and the blue colors. The color was dark and really does stay on. The consistency was great and easy to work with. I use it on my waterline and also to line over and under my eyelashes. I would definitely purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2010 2:48:00 AM More reviews by DiAni

The eyeliner hound in me went banana when I saw these at the CVS promotional display. $10.99 for three colours compare with roughly 15 bucks for a jar of Fluidline? I just grabbed one and ran straight to the cashier.
The consistency of the gel is just right, one swipe on my brush and I have a fully opaque line. The brush is a surprised bonus, it is quite nice, no scratching or tugging on my eyelids. I wish the liner lasts longer on the oily mess of my eyelids, a little bit of smudging on my inner eyes. And yes, these liners are removable, unlike the Wet 'n' Wild one that requires some serious rubbing.

Blue eyes trio:
- Black: with blue shimmer. The shimmers are noticeable but not overload, they add a nice subtle hint of colour :D This is my most favorite one out of the three.
- Brown: this is more of a bronze colour to me with a slight metallic or pearly sheen.
- Blue: with a slightest hint of shimmer, makes my brown eyes pop.

Purple eyes trio:
- Black with green shimmer.
- Purple: Not a plummy purple, but a cool blue tone one. My fav out of this trio.
- Green: I was thinking more of a kelly green or in general a cooler tone green. This is more yellow in undertone, with slight shimmer, beautiful nonetheless.

For $ 10.99 these little gems are definitely a steal. I probably would not repurchase because these will last a pretty darn long time for me. Right now CVS have a special packaging offer in which gel liner trio and one pop e/s palette is sold for $ 14.99.