L.A. Colors Pressed Powder

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mica, Kaolin, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidium), Squalane, Propylparaben. May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 4/24/2012 12:38:00 AM

I really wanted to like this product, because of the good reviews, but it doesn't control my oil as well as I wanted it to. The packaging is alright, nothing special. This just didn't live up to my expectations. :(
EDIT: After using this for a little longer, I've discovered that this pressed powder is great! I think I must've been sweating profusely, or expecting a miracle mattifier when I wrote my old review. It doesn't keep me completely matte all day, but it gives me some coverage and keeps me from looking like a complete mess at the end of the day. I only don't like the packaging, since it's so cheap. But everything else is good. :)

on 4/22/2012 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have this powder in 'Fair'. Unfortunately I can't use this as I would a regular powder, it's just too dark for my pale skin (think Revlon Colorstay Ivory). However it works great as a bronzer or a nudey blush. For such a cheap product it's surprisingly fine milled. I've come across worse in more expensive brands. So if you're medium toned and up then I'd recommend this - seriously, don't sleep on L.A Colors pressed powder! For such a low price you don't have much to lose. I just wish they did a lighter shade that I could use all-over my face.

on 4/4/2012 9:52:00 AM

Do I keep this hidden? YES
But it is one of THE best powders I have ever used.
I used Nude to set my concealer and Tan all over my face to set my foundation (Estee Lauder DWL or Clinique superfit) and my face looks flawless all day long.
For reference: NC37
DWL #3-#4

on 2/29/2012 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Call me crazy, but I love this product! I was looking for a dupe for Mac MSF natural and came across a review on youtube that was raving about this as a dupe! Its soo silky and doesn't make me break out! I mix two of the lightest colors and it gives such a nice finish! Not cakey at all! Its seriously a diamond sitting on the dollar store shelf lol

on 2/11/2012 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was very hesitant to give this product a shot due to a previous nitemarish experience with dollar store make up .... but thank goodness i caved and tried it. This powder is absolutly amazing .. not only for the price which is already unbelievable, but for the job it does as well. I bought this in Nude and applied it as a setting powder over my maybelline superstay foundation. At first i was quite surprised at how pale it initially looked on my face considering it looked a bit darker in the package... almost too pale for my liking. About 2 hours later i noticed the makeup mustve settled because the color fit my skintone perfectly. I did have to touch up a couple times throughout the day but this is normal for me no matter what top of the line oil-control products i use ... so its no biggie for me. I definatly recommend anybody to try this if you can find your color. Gives a nice, smooth, flawless finish, and doesnt cake up toward the end of the day .. definatly worth the buck!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This powder is all right—it's not the WORST one I've tried, but it's certainly not one I'd reach for every day. It's just good enough; it does its job. I can't complain for $1 though. It's obviously not my everyday powder. I use it when I NEED to. L.A. Colors Pressed Powder is a basic, cheap, you just need to control your oil for that day powder. It did oxidize darker than when I first put it on so I recommend buying one shade lighter than your skin tone. Because it is a dollar, I would buy it again just to have it.

Note: the brand has a Mineral Pressed Powder that is absolutely amazing if you don't like this one &/or want something better.

on 11/11/2011 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I was going to give this a 1 because of the shade. I bought this in "Fair" at the Dollar Store. I remembered that this stuff had pretty good ratings on Makeup Alley, so I tossed it in the cart. . I thought it looked kind of dark but since it said "Fair" on it I bought it. I used it to blot my face today at work. When I looked in the mirror a couple of hours later I had dark blotches all over my face. Eeek! I used a wet paper towel to scrub it all off. I was going to toss it in the trash but I think this will make a pretty good contour powder. No way in hellz is this shade "Fair". Maybe it was at the Dollar Store because of a mix up when they manufactured it or something.

The packaging is WAY cheapo. My lid broke the first time I used it, but I was able to snap it back on. Like I said, I'm going to try this as a contour powder. Other than the shade being way too dark, this powder is pretty finely milled.
___________________________________________________________
Update:
I had to toss this. The color did not work as a contour shade.

on 10/24/2011 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have had a lot of experinces with press powder...and i feel as if this does alot for me...I have oily skin so my makeup usally disappear though out the day. But with this pressed powder it actually lasted..AND DIDNT I MENTION ITS CHEAP.. it also comes with a warm undertone, and with me being brown skined i usally have problems looking for something that complemants my skin. i purchased it from family dollar and i really enjoy it.

on 10/16/2011 3:24:00 PM

Found myself without a mineral finishing powder & as this is dirt cheap at Dollar General, figured it was worth the gamble.

This powder stopped the shine in my t-zone, the finish is OK and it didn't cause breakouts. Packaging was OK too as the compact closes up tightly & didn't pop open in my handbag as some cheap compacts do.

However, the Nude has too much yellow for my neutral/cool-toned fair skin so this just didn't work out for me. Will not repurchase in Nude but would be willing to try another lighter shade if I run across it (& it doesn't look too pink or yellow in the pan).

on 10/13/2011 9:58:00 AM

So I bought this in Nude because it was $1.00 at my local dollar store and I thought why not the reviews are great?.....When I opened it I actually laughed out loud (alone, in my car) because of the ridiculous sponge (if you can call it that) but neverless, I decided to try it then and there with the glorified papertowel and was AMAZED at the finish it rendered. I will go even further to say that hours later I was completely shine free, color unchanged and perfect....and it was rainy and drizzly and it is TTOTM, which all negatively effect my complexion. Its too soon to say what my complete verdict is as I like to feel decadent when I put my makeup on and this doesn't do anything to help that but my complexion was perfect, really perfect. It is at the very least a great thing to have in your purse, I mean for a dollar?

Recommended for Normal Skin