October 31, 2014 | 982 users online

Mascara - E.L.F. - Studio Mineral Infused Mascara

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a surprisingly impressive mascara. The brush is plastic, which I don't usually like, but it's long and slender (narrowing toward the end), has a bit of flex to it and the bristles are spaced just so that it banishes clumps wonderfully! I can get every lash with this brush and build and build and build the mascara without my lashes flaking together or having ugly little crumbs form. It definitely beats CG Clump Crusher in that category of...clump crushability.

The mascara formula itself at first doesn't seem like anything amazing but when you build up 2 or 3 coats with the brush, it really works well. Adds lots of volume, a decent amount of length and holds curl pretty nicely too. It's regular "black" - not glossy black or super dark or charcoal - with very good pigmentation (using a white primer doesn't make it go gray). Formula has a texture that isn't dry or wet, but just right, Goldilocks.

Lasts great throughout the day with no flaking, smudging, running or fading. Not difficult to remove (not waterproof, thank God). The only minor quibble I have with this is that it doesn't come off cleanly, but with lots of little crumbs.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2014 5:47:00 PM More reviews by RachRachRevolution

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have very mixed feelings about this.
On one hand, I can layer and layer and my lashes still stay separated and look good. On the other hand, I bought this as a replacement for my beloved Jordana Best Lash Extreme, which could not handle my move to the big city and was smudging everywhere in about half an hour.
It's only a dollar cheaper, and smudges only SLIGHTLY less, even with a primer. I'm not completely in love. Also, I was half expecting to not get a falsies look based on the other reviews, but I do love drama. This was more of what I thought would be a quick fix to my smudging, but sadly, it didn't work. This gets a solid 3 stars simply because it looks pretty good at first before it begins to run.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by beautyflower

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

THIS! THIS THIS THIS! People who know me knows it's my holy grail products! I can't order it from elf since I don't have a credit card BUT GOSH I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT BACKUPS WHEN COULD! It gives me lenght, volume and definition without clumping! I have short to medium lenght lashes and sparse ones. When you're done, you can curl your lashes again to have more lenght, well it's my little baby and I'd buy it over and over! It's tappered at the tip, so perfect for your bottom or inner lashes. It's natural but really makes your lashes pop at the same time. If you do an ELF order soon or go at target, don't miss out and TAKE THIS YOU WON'T REGRET IT! :)

BTW: I've tried higher end ones and I like this one better!

Actually, I found other mascaras for the same price that I think work better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by tori497

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's too bad the formula isn't as good as the wand and price!! I love most e.l.f products because they work as well as other brands for a fraction of the cost. When I first got and used this product, I loved it. Now, I'm sad to say, the love affair has cooled somewhat.

I love the packaging. It's black, clean and simple. I love the wand. My other attempts at using a plastic wand as opposed to fiber did not go nearly as well. The wand picks up just the right amount of product and does an AMAZING job of separating and fanning out my lashes while coating each equally. One coat is perfect for a more natural look; additional coats go on easily and create a more dramatic look. This is my everyday mascara.

Sadly, I have lately noticed having the dreaded raccoon eyes just hours into the day!! The first few times, I thought it was due to a watery eye or unconscious rub. But no. The more I paid attention, the more often I noticed it happening. And while it is easily fixable with a wipe of a tissue, it shouldn't happen in the first place. So while I love most everything about this product, the formula itself (the MOST important component) is lacking. I have another, unopened tube I will likely use anyway but I'll have to get used to wiping away flakes throughout the day. I wonder if using this as a base coat or tinted primer under another mascara might work??? Hmm....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 11:31:00 AM More reviews by rossjen

For $3.00, this is a really good mascara. The brush has short plastic bristles that provide good separation for the lashes, which is all I want. The formula is not too wet, and I can build up two light coats without it clumping up. I wouldn't look to this one to provide any thickness or more dramatic lashes though, if that is what you are after. It wears well throughout the day, and I have not had any problems with it smudging. I don't think it has dethroned my beloved Physician's Formula Organic Wear Jumbo Lash Mascara, but I will gladly make room for this one in my makeup drawer as a low-cost alternative, since it works really similarly.
I will definitely repurchase, because it is a great budget mascara for every day use.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2013 3:54:00 AM More reviews by annafefifofanna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. It's a very simple, every-day mascara. It doesn't clump on the brush or on your lashes. It doesn't do anything fancy but it lengthens your lashes and is quick and easy to apply with a nice bristle. It makes your lashes appear very natural. I'm not sure about how much product there is in there but it's only $3. Only thing I didn't like is that this product burns my eyes. Sometimes by the end of the night I will rub my eye and the smallest amount and my eyes start burning. That could just be me, but I will probably still repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by anghas3boys

I am allergic to beeswax which makes finding mascara - any mascara- very difficult. I had been limited to Cover Girl Lash Blast products (which I don't care for) and Tarte which is nice but expensive and a bit clumpy. Whenever I see a mascara that I haven't tried before I read the ingredient list. Yay! ELF has synthetic beeswax, not real beeswax. And I love the product. I love the wand. I love the deepness in color. I love the coverage. I love that you can add more coats without a mess. Great find!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by missmarilynmonroe

Okay, this is the mascara I use everyday. That being said I hate taking it off. It really is a pain, it almost flakes off all over my face. Positives: it really defines my lashes well, it doesn't clump for me, it makes my lashes separate well, and makes mine look longer. It is a cheap product that I really like, I just hate taking it off. So if you are need of a cheap mascara, here it is. It will work well, just make sure you have a good eye makeup remover.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

This mascara is just "meh" for me. I can only use one coat before it starts clumping, and that is a deal breaker. I like 2-4 swipes of mascara to ensure every lash is evenly covered. Plus, it flakes through the day. Not cute. I'll use it up, but I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2013 2:42:00 AM More reviews by TurtleMoon

I initially had a bit of a love/hate relationship with this mascara. I used it first off after finishing a tube of my beloved W7 Big Lash mascara, but I didn't think it really did anything for my eyelashes so stopped using it. However, I then had a very unfortunate encounter with another W7 mascara (which basically ruined my eyelashes) and decided to try this one again as I remembered the brush being small and quite gentle on the eyes. And since then I've been a complete convert!

This is a very simple, 'no frills' mascara, but I genuinely do think it does a good job of making my eyelashes look fuller and thicker. The brush is one of those prickly looking plastic things (which I normally avoid) but as someone else has said here, it's quite soft so you don't end up poking yourself in the eye. The consistency of the mascara isn't thick or clumpy and it goes on well, lasting all day with very little flaking. And one of the most important things - it comes off easily, so you're not left scrubbing your eyes like crazy to get it off.

I would definitely recommend this if you're looking for a low-cost mascara that gives good results. It costs 3.75GBP in the UK, so at that price you could probably afford to stock up on a few tubes!