October 23, 2014 | 1957 users online

Polishes - Rimmel - Lasting Finish Pro - Steel Grey

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2011 3:35:00 AM More reviews by sunshowers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite polish shade for fall. It's a gorgeous dark taupe creme that can skew mauve or brown depending on the light. It's perfectly opaque in two coats and applies oh so smoothly. And for the super low price, this polish is a must have.

The new Rimmel brush does take a little bit of getting used to at first. It's extra wide and the bristles taper into a wide oval shape at the bottom. Because the brush is so wide it holds loads of polish, so take care to unload the excess before putting the brush to your nail or you may end up flooding your nail. Once you get accustomed to the proper amount of polish to leave on the brush, the oval-shaped taper makes it so easy to get right up close to your cuticle and keep a clean rounded edge. The extra wide brush also means fewer strokes are needed to finish a coat, so your mani will go much faster. Love it!

So if you're looking for a moody, slightly edgy yet classy color for fall, I highly recommend this polish. The picture with the product description (Rimmel, Lasting Finish Pro, Steel Grey) in the bottom left hand corner is my swatch - I used OPI base coat, two coats of Steel Grey, and Seche Vite top coat. Check it out!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by sabahr83

Love this! Great color, application, and shine

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 9:49:00 AM More reviews by Tartlette

I LOVE this colour. I purchased it because I'd read it was a dupe for Metro Chic, and I didn't want to spend the money on Metro Chic at the time. It's a taupe-ish-purple-ish colour that is very flattering on my pale skintone and a perfect colour for fall. Staying power is surprisinly fabulous, I can wear it for several days without seeing any chips. Application is smooth and not streaky & polish dries fairly quickly. The brush is on the bigger side, so it doesn't take much to fill the entire nail. I would 100% repurchase if I ever ran out. Very impressed with Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2011 11:34:00 AM More reviews by classicgirl05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Steel Grey in in the same vein as 'Commander in Chic' and 'Metro Chic', it's a grey/taupe with a mauve undertone. I find all of these colors to be very flattering, it's a nice neutral option for those of us with pink/cool undertones.

Packaging- It's a nifty bottle with a beast of a brush. I don't display my bottles, so I don't really care what it looks like. But, as nail polish bottles go, it's fine.

Application- Steel Grey is a medium consistency polish. It took a little work to get the amount of polish I wanted on the brush, and then get it where I wanted it to go. I like to put on thin coats. Easiest way was scraping the brush on the edge of the bottle until all polish is off one side of the brush and placing the monster in the middle of my nail and then squidging the brush down toward my cuticle and drawing it up the nail. I hate the look of polish when it's slopped all over the cuticles. It took me two coats to get the color saturation I wanted. The finish is reasonably glossy before topcoat.

Wear- I use NailTek ridge filler as a base and Seche Vite as a topcoat. I'm on day four and I don't have any chips, and very light wear around the tips of my (short) nails. That is good for me. Based on my experience, that sort of wear puts it in the same category as Essie polishes. It blows OPI for Sephora out of the water wear wise for me, that formula is a nightmare and chips off nearly immediately regardless of what I put under/over it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by ayoitsanna

oh man, i love the application on this product. best nail polish brush ever! color wise...its awesome. the color goes great with my skin tone, and it has a super shiny finish. the color makes me look so sophisticated:D

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2011 4:48:00 PM More reviews by bobsodamndelicious

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i bought this nail polish at 2 for 4$ at wallgreens along with purple rain . this too colors look amazing together! So what do i love about it?
i love the packaging the price the color the crown on top:). well on to the nail polish i love how it purple and grey at the same time the brush i feel in love with its shape the cap could use some work it took me a while to open it for the first time other then that theres not much bad things to say about it i love it love it love it it did take a while to dry but the application took only two coats.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 12:37:00 PM More reviews by shazzar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this colour. As mentioned a million times before, it's more purple/taupe than grey but it's the prefect purple. Application is very easy with the rounded brush. Docking one lippie because this does tend to chip within a few days, but would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2011 11:25:00 AM More reviews by MissCanuck

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was the first "grey" I ever purchased. I put grey in quotations, as to me, this not really grey but more of a taupe with mauve undertones. Certainly not the colour of steel, as the name would suggest.

Name aside, I do really like the colour. I usually use two coats and the application is great. I like the brush and it is easy to cover my entire nail in a couple of strokes. There's also something about a square bottle that appeals to me, though that has nothing to do with the product! I would repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Jacabus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this polish. It's formula is pretty decent, I found, if I do a coat that's not too thin or not too thick. I did have to do three coats my first time because I put it on too thin, but two coats my second time. The colour is really nice, a purple-gray look, and I think it's a great colour for autumn in particular (even though I did buy this in April). The bottle is very eye-catching, too! Love Rimmel's packaging in general.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2011 9:23:00 AM More reviews by harpiequeen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Dead on dupe for Sally Hansen's "Commander In Chic". Personally, I like Sally Hansen's formula a little better - Rimmel, I've noticed, doesn't want to spread as easily, and likes to glob up near the cuticle, but anyone with a bit of experience won't find it unmanageable. (Newcomers to polish might find it a little trying though.) That minor complaint aside, the wear time is very good for this line of polish, and I've never had it chip on me.