November 21, 2014 | 1593 users online

Treatments (Face) - Christian Dior - Capture Totale One Essential Skin Boosting Super Serum

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 3:20:00 AM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my 3rd serum I have tried so far,anr and bobbi brown amongst the list I'm turning 26 in two days and knew it was time to up my game.I have relatively good skin no lines Expect for Enlarged pores by my nose area and cheeks.even though I liked the bobbi brown intense supplement it just wasint doing anything for my pores so I decided to get this which set me back a whooping $100 for 1floz 30 ml this leaves my skin glowy supple and radiant a day even though it has glycocic acid which I'm somewhat allergic to It seems to have not reacted badly or congested my pores unlike the previous glycocic acid treatments I have used I use this in conjuction with the bobbi brown serum and my skin just glows!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by millythechu

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS SERUM

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 5:36:00 AM More reviews by GeneveElizalde

This Serum Rocks! I made an account just to rave this.

BACKGROUND: My skin is Very Oily with a lot of occasional skin flaking due to medications for acne. So far my skin is really tame and haven't had any cystic pimples for years. However my main concern is Uneven skin tone and acne discolorations (no depressed scar).

PACKAGING: Okay, I'll confess. When I went to our local Department store years ago, this serum was just newly launched. I was enticed by its rich red packaging and immediately bought the 30ml bottle. The packaging looks stunning on my sink!

PRODUCT TEXTURE: I fell in love with how the product spreads so thinly on the face. I literally need 1 pump of the product and it miraculously spreads into my entire face! The serum immediately sinks into my skin with no shine or visible oiliness.

PRODUCT REVIEW: This is one of the best, if not the best serum I have ever tried. It cleared out my acne scars and definitely helped with my blackheads. I didn't expect that this anti aging serum will actually solve my blackhead woes but it did! On my first bottle, everyone noticed how much more even my skin is. Honestly, after the first bottle, not much of my skin texture, acne scars, and blackheads were improved, but intriguingly, it just made my face more radiant. There's this glow that I experience after using my first bottle that I really really appreciate. I repurchased, and this time the larger 50ml bottle, midway through that bottle I was wondering everytime I look in the mirror that something changed with my skin. I just couldn't figure out what. At first I thought I lost weight and I looked more contoured, but then a friend told me. "Girl what did you do? You're flawless and your blackhead are gone" And I realized.. OMG, yes! My blackheads are completely gone along with my acne scars! I was so shocked about the results and even my dermatologist of 4 years commended on my skin's progress! I've recommended this to my Mom, to my friends, and all of them are happy referrals!

PRODUCT SCIENCE: Well, it has a good amount of Ascorbyl Glucoside which is a stable vitamin C form. This explains its capacity to lighten acne marks and other discolorations. It also has Lactic acid which gently exfoliates the face which explains the smooth baby butt feel I get from this serum. And lastly it has Hyaluronic Acid, and other antioxidant plant botanicals that plumps, hydrates, and protects the skin. This trifecta of ingredients really helped my skin a lot!

CONS: Well, all the cons are really subjective but I decided to include them anyways. First: This serum is fragranced. It lingers for quite some time and people who have sensitivities will definitely dislike this. However, I usually put on something on top of this, etiher a sunblock or a night treatment, thus the fragrance is always negated. Second: There are times where this serum is just hard to get. It's always out of stock! Hence, I always have one backup. Third: It has alcohol and it goes high on the ingredients list. However, I really didn't experience any dryness and irritation from this one, actually I think the alcohol really does a good job in allowing the product penetrate easily making it heavenly for those with combination-oily skin.

PRICE: Here's where it gets crazy! 30ml is priced at $95 while the bigger 50ml at $120. Albeit the sky high price I have to say this. It is reasonable for me. The small 30ml bottle lasts for about 3-4months on me while the bigger 50ml bottle lasts for 6 months or half a year! Now, if I have to shell out $120 twice a year for the effects I have experienced, it's a bargain! In fact, even if double the price, I'll still get it (but I hope note HAHA).

So that's it. I just shared my views on this wonderful skin transformer that just made my life better. :)

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 9:00:00 AM More reviews by Babypretty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Firstly , I never think that I am too young to used aging products to my face. I got this product as a sample at Dior counter after purchasing some other product. I love this serum. This product claimed to make skin more radiance and boosts it from within , and it just does! I will continue to wearing this products. Repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2012 6:54:00 AM More reviews by Annyutka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

hmmm...now that my full-sized bottle is finished, I'm a little conflicted about this stuff. I love it, but I don't LOOOVE it. Here's my pros and cons:
Pros:
-Doesn't irritate my sensitive easily reactive skin AT ALL, even with it being slightly scented.
- makes my skin silky and smooth
- absorbant
- acts a bit like a lightweight moisturizer - it's Winter now but in the Summer I could probably just slap on this stuff in lieu of a creme.
- no clogged pores
- no breakouts
- slightly reduced redness
- I actually ENJOY put this on because it feels so good and refreshing.

Cons:
- the bottle makes it impossible to tell how much product is in it
- for $95 USD I guess I expected not to run out so fast (like 2 months)
- no obvious skin improvements beyond silkening/smoothing.
- expensive but hey it's Dior so I can't really complain too much about that.
- not sure if this stuff helped me be breakout-free all of November or if it's due to the winter-y weather (I tend to break out MUCH less Ocober-March and more so in the warmer months)...

Despite everything, I will probably buy another bottle today and see if using this more long term shows any further results or not. I'll report back in about another 2 months once that bottle is bone dry.

Anna
Review for: Dior Capture Totale One Essential Skin Boosting Super Serum.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by tkd314

i try EVERYTHING before buying and from a generous sample from sephora, i was blown away with the result in morning after one use. being skeptical, i used it for a good 5 days and yupe, my skin was definitely better than it was before i started. smooth, even skin tone, minimized pores, sped up the healing of my current breakouts, and no more breakout.since it's a pricier product, i tested it with another sample for another week and ive been waking up to the same results. having said that, im fully aware of how products give different results for different people so make sure you test this for a few days first.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2012 6:29:00 AM More reviews by TinaNZ

I'm in love with Dior products. Firstly, they're not as expensive as some other brands here in NZ. Secondly, the products really do work! I wondered whether I actually needed a serum but sort of got talked into it by the sales lady at the shop I purchased this from. I'm glad I did, as the difference to my skin in the two weeks I've been using this is staggering! I read on a makeup guidance forum that you should always apply serum immediately after toner, while your face is still damp from the toner, which I have been doing - then I wait for about 10 minutes before appying my moisturiser, which I finds just glides over the top beautifully. This is an outstanding product.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by SanjaFika

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

I actually used 2 full size bottles of this serum, hoping to see at least some positive results promised by the AD Campaignand many online/magazine raves. Unfortunately i dont have a lot of positives to report back to our beloved MUA community :-(
I am very patient and choosy when it comes to my skincare - my skin is somewhat problematic (combination, congested, rough etc) so i always-always do my research before i put anything on my face. I use mostly HE brands when it comes to facial care and even though i dont mind splurging on quality products, I also have certain expectations based on the price tag itself. Prior to purchasing this i knew the nature of the serum and its purpose - its suppose to improve/enhance the preformance of everything else layered on top. Basically it implies that it makes all of your other skincare work better by increasing absorption and activating the igredients in anything you put on top of it.
Sounds great right? If it worked then yes but unfortunately for me this serum did nothing after 8 months and 2 full sized bottles. That being said it didnt make anything worse either - simply put there were no positives or negatives for me. I didnt enjoy using it but i had faith since it worked for so many otheres - i just figured my results were just a little late :( Well all my delusions are now over, the bubble is busted and the 2nd bottle is empty - i am not repurchasing it and will most likely stay away from the Dior counter for a while (i am petty like that lol).
Since this is so expensive I would definitively recommend getting a sample first - I wish you luck and hope you see something promising in the mirror even though i didnt :(
I wonder what my next delusion will look like???

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2012 7:55:00 PM More reviews by scmoonster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product. It's cheaper than the Capture Total Multi-concentrate Serum (which I found first and absolutely love) and so I thought I'd give it a shot.
It's too sticky for me. I tend to have dry skin, but this product doesn't absorb quickly for me, and it feels like I have stickier skin throughout the day overall, even with a light absorbing powder to cover (i've been using for roughly 3 weeks). One day I compared half of my face using the Essential one vs the Multi-concentrate to do a true comparison, and the Multi-concentrate side has no stickiness, and leaves my skin velvety soft with more plump to my skin than the Essential One side.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2012 10:44:00 AM More reviews by Indigomama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use Dior products on and off, and currently this is the only Dior skincare product that is left in use. This serum does not do miracles but it is a decent weak glycolic buffer which delivers some visible results when used faithfully for at least a couple of weeks. For me it is OK to use it on its own, especially in the summer time, but could not be insufficient in colder months or for dryer skins. A little goes a long way, I have first used a 30 ml bottle purchased at a bargain price just to try it and then liked it enough to indulge myself when travelling and to buy a twin pack of 50mls in Frankfurt Duty Free. However, after that my commitment subseded and I must try really hard to get use of these two bottles until they get rotten. This is not my go to serum, but a good investment if you can avoid buying it at full retail price. Anyway, somehow it goes well with other products from Guerlain and Clinique, though usually you are not encouraged to mix different skincare brands