July 23, 2014 | 2297 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Orgasm Illuminator

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2012 11:18:00 PM More reviews by S2Pati

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I have it in Orgasm. It has a watery gel like texture that looks interesting when just applied, something with a tropical feeling, but once it dries all you can notice is a really really faint and sparse glimmer.
I think Orgasm Illuminator is not ideal to highlight as it doesn't show well in light.
I use it to fix a too matte skin, making a more natural look.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by psily24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG highlighter! I just dab a little on top of my cheekbones and I just glow all day. However, the color doesn't really show on my darker skin tone, but it doesn't matter since I'm not using this as blush, but more for a highlighter.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2012 5:52:00 PM More reviews by fabulyss

Eew! I received a sample of this from a gift with purchase. It's pure gold glitter against a tacky peach color (not a flattering peach). I put this on the apples of my cheeks because it has far too much color to be used as an actual highlighter but I can see the gold glitter from 5 feet away. It's not very flattering on the pores either.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2012 5:37:00 PM More reviews by nodown

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a little sample tube to try and have fallen in love, which is unfortunate, since this is a rather pricey product! I'm kind of surprised, actually, since I'm a pretty jaded consumer and not the type to fall for marketing hype (the entire Orgasm line seems overrated to me). But I really, really like this product.

It is a pinkish peach (more peach than pink) color that's warmer and bronzier than the original powder blush. It adds a pearly sheen to your skin along with a hint of color. I have light olive-yellow skin and think this is the perfect item to use for a fresh, glowy, summery look. I don't think the color will show up on anyone darker than me or anyone with pink-toned skin, though it would still work as a subtle highlighting fluid.

I've been carrying my sample tube in my bag as an emergency pick-me-up. I apply a small dab on the outer apples of my cheeks, blending up to my cheekbones. Sometimes, I'll add a touch to my brow bones, chin, and eyelids for a bit more glimmer. This stuff perks you up wonderfully, even at the end of a long day. And unlike a full-on highlighter, this is hard to overdo, so you won't end up looking like a walking disco ball.

There is no scent and I haven't experienced any negative reactions from using this product. I have sensitive, acne-prone, combination skin and have found that the lasting power isn't great (4 hours or so, max), but I guess that's to be expected from a liquid product. Maybe the staying power will be better in winter months when my skin is drier?

Despite that, this is definitely on my "to buy" list.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2012 2:12:00 AM More reviews by celkin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I never really thought this product did enough highlighting until I played around with it over my foundation, as the last step in my makeup process before finishing spray. WINNER! I've started to apply a little to cheeks and under eye area to give a dewy look to my otherwise dry looking face. Very impressed with the dewy look that I can achieve with this, although I have to be careful right under the eye as it can cause milia to be emphasised, not good. But to use as a highlighter it is gorgeous.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2012 4:51:00 AM More reviews by SierraM90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love their products so it wasn't hard to decide if I wanted to pick this up at my latest shopping trip. I love it as a highlighter & I sometimes use it a light blush or over my blush to make the color pop more. On those days where I want to look like I been on the beach, but live miles away from one, I tend to use this to help get my "beachy" look. The perfect peach glow that I need.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2012 2:08:00 PM More reviews by Teresajane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is a lovely highlighter, I use this on my cheeks over my blush. I do find I have to use it sparingly though as it can make my cheeks appear a little orange.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2012 8:59:00 AM More reviews by mlynde82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

These products are nice, but they apply very thinly (good, if you just want a highlighter). My biggest issue with them is that they dry VERY quickly, and if you do not blend them to perfection immediately, they seem very unnatural.

This color is beautiful, but I don't find myself reaching for it often, as it tends to look more like a blush than a highlighter on my very fair skin. The color is gorgeous as a blush, but to use this product on the cheeks as a blush (since it doesn't work as a highlight for me), the blending issue I stated above applies... if I don't blend it perfectly IMMEDIATELY (and I mean within seconds), it is very unnatural-looking, which of course I never want.

The other thing I want to make sure I mention to you is that it is VERY easy to get too much product out of the tube when you squirt some out. You truly only need the TINIEST amount (like about 1/4th the size of a dime) to get the desired effect, but it's very difficult to squeeze a tiny amount out--almost every time, I get too much and end up wasting it. Another complaint is that when you buy it and take it out of its little box, it's only filled up about 3/4ths of the way through the tube. I bought two different colors and this was the case for both--it makes it seem like you aren't getting your money's worth.

These are nice products, of good quality, but they just don't seem to work as intended, and for the money you spend on the product, it isn't really worth it. I will probably never buy it again, simply because I don't get much use out of it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2012 8:17:00 AM More reviews by JINXUK

Totally rubbish.
The colour looks lovely in the tube but when applied it looks and feels thin and lacking in any pigment. I'm a MAC NC20 and i honestly couldn't see this on my skin, even when i attempted to layer on a bit more.
I did use it over my foundation in the attempt to highlight my cheekbones. maybe it could be used in another way? Mixed with a matt foundation to create a glow on tanned skin?
I wish i knew a way to make use of this as it's money thrown in the bin in my opinion.
I expected so much more from a NARS product.
I think i'll just stick with their powder products only in future.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by kapricornbb

I was looking for an illuminator because i found my skin looks a bit dull. When i went to the NARS counter, i was recommended the shade in Copacabana (more of a pearly tone). But i couldn't resist buying this one coz the colour looks so nice and golden. I apply this after my foundation on top of my cheek bones and my cheeks (before putting on blush). It doesn't look too shiny and looks very natural. Sometimes i apply more because i just LOVE the glowy effect and it can look too natural for me. It stays on all day and doesnt look oily or anything. I absolutely adore this. Will most likely buy the Copacabana one as well.