NARS Orgasm Illuminator

3.6

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Sorbitol, Peg-32, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Peg-6, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sorbitan Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate 60, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Xanthan Gum, Steareth-8, Dipropylene Glycol, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Ribes Nigrum [Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil], Rubus Idaeus [Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Oil], Trisodium Edta, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis [Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract], Rubus Chamaemorus (Rubus Chamaemorus Seed Oil), Panthenol, Bisabolol, Boswellia Serrata (Boswellia Serrata Gum), Sodium Hyaluronate, Limonene, [ /- (May Contain): Mica, Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77491 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 75470 (Carmine)]

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product and I mix it with any of my foundations to create a 'dewy' look on my skin. I could wear the foundation on its own but the illuminator gives my skin a nice and subtle glow when mixed with my foundation. The only issue I have is the size of the tube and how much you pay for it, otherwise I love this product and will buy it again. The tube does last a long time as I don't use it on a daily basis.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

The NARS Illuminator in Orgasm almost replicates that glow to the skin!

Orgasm is a pinky, peach with gold flecks and compliments olive, tanned skin tones beautifully. This is very similar to the NARS Orgasm blush, however it is much more sheerer. I think most skin tones will be able to wear this because it isn't overly pigmented.

It has quite a fluid texture and is almost like MAC Strobe Lotion. It blends into the skin very well and if using on top of foundation, it doesn't lift off the makeup underneath. It doesn't feel heavy nor tacky and gives the skin a barely there sheen.

I don't apply this on top of powder because of the sheen it gives to the skin. As i said before, it applies well on top of foundation and tinted moisturiser but i personally think there maybe 'lifting' when applying this over powder. I do still powder, but only on my tzone area. I prefer applying this with a stippling brush, as i like the effect that it gives.

I have been very happy with this illuminator that i picked up super orgasm at IMATS!

Full post with pictures can be found on my blog: http://goo.gl/Cj5HnJ

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My skin is pretty fair and it's not really hard for a product to show on my face. I've used the Orgasm blush for years and have never had a problem. But this illuminator was something else.

For one, it's really watery. I would have it sit out for days and you can see the oily part extracted from the shimmer...it's very runny. This doesn't show up on me and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I moisturize my face and I even put primer on so it can show up but it doesn't. The best method I've found for the product to stay (at least for a bit) is to pat it, rather than rub it. Not really worth the hype..I prefer the lustre drops from MAC.

Goes on smooth and even but the color was too dark for my skin. Had a nice shimmer though.

This is my favorite liquid highlighter. It gives a glowy peachy sheen that lasts all day. The consistency makes it easy to blend. I really enjoy the look it gives my face. Definitely will purchase a full size when I am done with my sample.

I got this in the nars love rite set. Its a mini. Following the youtube tutorial videos i used the same technique, pat some on my cheek bones with my middle finger and blend. Then i dusted some blush on it. Its looks like a healthy sheen. Lasted me all nite dancing.

I also mixed a lil` of the product in my foundation and using a stippling brush i blended all over my face then dusted some loose powder... The result: a nice warm glow which i really like... looks like some summer holiday make up and photos well too

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I looked everywhere to get this product to NZ where it wasn't ridiculously over priced, including the super expensive postage to the other side of the world, as over the counter it's around $70 NZD (convert to $60USD maybe?) . NARS is a super rip off here, considering all Nars products in NZ have already had the price lowered. Finally I found it off eBay from a legit seller, I got it for $30 for the 30ml size. I love love love the colour, it's a good tone for my skin colour. But ... I still don't understand this product. The concept of it is exciting - illuminated beautiful skin . I find its not really for all over, i can only really put it on my cheeks. Also not on top of foundation because it swirls & looks weird. By itself it's nice. The consistency of the product is great, gel like. It ends up on your finger more than your face though. Would be a good no make up look illuminator if you have even skin tone & want so natural glow. This isn't for me as I have acne & it doesn't go we'll over my foundation. Not sure if ill buy again, maybe if its cheap. Meh . Overrated. But I love Nars & the packaging is always simple & perfect. I wish I could love you orgasm illuminator :( you're just not for me

I had an allergic reaction to this! I got a bunch of little bumps on my face where I had applied this and I turned a little pink. I used this two nights in a row one weekend and by Sunday my face looked horrible! I have never experienced something like this before. About a year later I tried NARS products again (a cream blush) and had the same reaction. I have slightly sensitive, oily skin. Staying away from NARS products!

EHHHH. That's the word that comes to mind when I think about this product. It barely shows up on my pale skin. It gives you a very minimal glow. So many better highlighters out there!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I like it! I went to Nordstroms looking at Albatross blush as a highlighter, but the SA said that it was too light on for my olive/medium skin. She then recommended this in Orgasm and gave me a sample. I don't use it as a highlighter all over my face because to me it is too shimmery and glossy to do that, I think I would look like a mess! However, I now use it right on the apples of my cheeks as a dewy blush. It is perfect for that and makes the face light up.

I do have one complaint though. It can dry a bit streaky, so you must be careful with your application. I use my finger to apply and must remind myself that a little (and I mean a microscopic amount) goes a LONG way. You must apply in a circular motion, and definitely rub it in. This isn't a pat on type of liquid or one that you can just swipe on, it must be rubbed in!

Overall, I am satisfied with it and will buy the full size when my sample runs out.

Top Rated NARS Products