December 21, 2014 | 1896 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Orgasm Illuminator

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2013 6:49:00 AM More reviews by RonBurgundy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I looked everywhere to get this product to NZ where it wasn't ridiculously over priced, including the super expensive postage to the other side of the world, as over the counter it's around $70 NZD (convert to $60USD maybe?) . NARS is a super rip off here, considering all Nars products in NZ have already had the price lowered. Finally I found it off eBay from a legit seller, I got it for $30 for the 30ml size. I love love love the colour, it's a good tone for my skin colour. But ... I still don't understand this product. The concept of it is exciting - illuminated beautiful skin . I find its not really for all over, i can only really put it on my cheeks. Also not on top of foundation because it swirls & looks weird. By itself it's nice. The consistency of the product is great, gel like. It ends up on your finger more than your face though. Would be a good no make up look illuminator if you have even skin tone & want so natural glow. This isn't for me as I have acne & it doesn't go we'll over my foundation. Not sure if ill buy again, maybe if its cheap. Meh . Overrated. But I love Nars & the packaging is always simple & perfect. I wish I could love you orgasm illuminator :( you're just not for me

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by ae1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had an allergic reaction to this! I got a bunch of little bumps on my face where I had applied this and I turned a little pink. I used this two nights in a row one weekend and by Sunday my face looked horrible! I have never experienced something like this before. About a year later I tried NARS products again (a cream blush) and had the same reaction. I have slightly sensitive, oily skin. Staying away from NARS products!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

EHHHH. That's the word that comes to mind when I think about this product. It barely shows up on my pale skin. It gives you a very minimal glow. So many better highlighters out there!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 7:28:00 PM More reviews by xkimberr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like it! I went to Nordstroms looking at Albatross blush as a highlighter, but the SA said that it was too light on for my olive/medium skin. She then recommended this in Orgasm and gave me a sample. I don't use it as a highlighter all over my face because to me it is too shimmery and glossy to do that, I think I would look like a mess! However, I now use it right on the apples of my cheeks as a dewy blush. It is perfect for that and makes the face light up.

I do have one complaint though. It can dry a bit streaky, so you must be careful with your application. I use my finger to apply and must remind myself that a little (and I mean a microscopic amount) goes a LONG way. You must apply in a circular motion, and definitely rub it in. This isn't a pat on type of liquid or one that you can just swipe on, it must be rubbed in!

Overall, I am satisfied with it and will buy the full size when my sample runs out.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2012 4:26:00 AM More reviews by asherzoby

Got a mini tube from a Sephora kit and was wondering what the fuss was when i first used it. However, i soon realised it is really quite a cool product!

when applied on half my face without foundation, the part with the NARS orgasm illuminator had a nice glow about it. the trick is to use a tiny bit. however, the down side is that after about 5 hours, the sheen tends to look rather oily. i think its pretty nice to use a little bit on your face if you are just popping to a shop down the road and want to look fresh and perky!

when used as a highlighter, it does not really make my face pop. but maybe i am not doing it right. or as the SA said, this could really be too light for my NC 25 skin tone. using more makes my skin shine a little too much, so not for me. however, just putting on a little over the parts of your face that appear too powdery after putting on your make up works for me. although it does not really highlight your face or make it more contour, it definitely helps to banish the matte and powdery look. a little will do the trick!

at 30 USD per tube, it does seem a little on the pricey side. its not something that i need terribly, so i will try and use my tube longer and see if i love it that much to buy it when i go to the US. it is probably way more more expensive in singapore, so not for me.

Update: shall not bother mixing with the MAC foundation next time. the mixed product ended up a little streaky and can't see any of the illuminator at all!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2012 11:18:00 PM More reviews by S2Pati

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I have it in Orgasm. It has a watery gel like texture that looks interesting when just applied, something with a tropical feeling, but once it dries all you can notice is a really really faint and sparse glimmer.
I think Orgasm Illuminator is not ideal to highlight as it doesn't show well in light.
I use it to fix a too matte skin, making a more natural look.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by psily24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG highlighter! I just dab a little on top of my cheekbones and I just glow all day. However, the color doesn't really show on my darker skin tone, but it doesn't matter since I'm not using this as blush, but more for a highlighter.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2012 5:52:00 PM More reviews by fabulyss

Eew! I received a sample of this from a gift with purchase. It's pure gold glitter against a tacky peach color (not a flattering peach). I put this on the apples of my cheeks because it has far too much color to be used as an actual highlighter but I can see the gold glitter from 5 feet away. It's not very flattering on the pores either.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2012 5:37:00 PM More reviews by nodown

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a little sample tube to try and have fallen in love, which is unfortunate, since this is a rather pricey product! I'm kind of surprised, actually, since I'm a pretty jaded consumer and not the type to fall for marketing hype (the entire Orgasm line seems overrated to me). But I really, really like this product.

It is a pinkish peach (more peach than pink) color that's warmer and bronzier than the original powder blush. It adds a pearly sheen to your skin along with a hint of color. I have light olive-yellow skin and think this is the perfect item to use for a fresh, glowy, summery look. I don't think the color will show up on anyone darker than me or anyone with pink-toned skin, though it would still work as a subtle highlighting fluid.

I've been carrying my sample tube in my bag as an emergency pick-me-up. I apply a small dab on the outer apples of my cheeks, blending up to my cheekbones. Sometimes, I'll add a touch to my brow bones, chin, and eyelids for a bit more glimmer. This stuff perks you up wonderfully, even at the end of a long day. And unlike a full-on highlighter, this is hard to overdo, so you won't end up looking like a walking disco ball.

There is no scent and I haven't experienced any negative reactions from using this product. I have sensitive, acne-prone, combination skin and have found that the lasting power isn't great (4 hours or so, max), but I guess that's to be expected from a liquid product. Maybe the staying power will be better in winter months when my skin is drier?

Despite that, this is definitely on my "to buy" list.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2012 2:12:00 AM More reviews by celkin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I never really thought this product did enough highlighting until I played around with it over my foundation, as the last step in my makeup process before finishing spray. WINNER! I've started to apply a little to cheeks and under eye area to give a dewy look to my otherwise dry looking face. Very impressed with the dewy look that I can achieve with this, although I have to be careful right under the eye as it can cause milia to be emphasised, not good. But to use as a highlighter it is gorgeous.