Hard Candy So Baked Bronzer - Tiki

4.4

Mica, Talc, Mineral Oil, Dimethicone, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben. May Contain ( / -): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Absolutely love this golden highlighter! It looks beautiful when applied and blends very easily. I think it would look really flattering on people with yellow undertones. (For reference I am MAC NC20-25). Would definitely recommend it! =)

on 12/5/2013 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

A couple of months ago, there seemed to be a mass hysteria in the YouTube beauty community about the Dior Amber Diamond highlighter being discontinued - which, as I understand it, isn't true. Anyway, several of the YouTubers that I watch picked up Amber Diamond and then mentioned that it is apparently very similar to the Hard Candy baked bronzer in Tiki.

Now, as much as I love highlighters and bronzers, I'm less crazy about gold highlighters. And especially at the Dior pricepoint ($45), I am not going to rush out and pick it up. But the Hard Candy baked bronzer in Tiki is only $9, so I figured I could give it a try.

Now, since I don't have Amber Diamond, I can't do a side by side comparison. But even without it, I have a hard time imaging Dior putting out something that's truly a dupe for this Hard Candy product. Tiki is super frosty and very, very yellow (as opposed to gold). It is also crazy reflective and not at all subtle.

Why, exactly, Hard Candy labels this thing a bronzer, I have no idea. I cannot even begin to imagine a skintone on which this would bronze anything. I'd think that in order to bronze something, you'd have to be bronze and this product isn't. It's yellow. Frosty, banana yellow.

In the pan, the product is champagne beige with gold veining, but on the skin it is straight up yellow frost. If that's what you're looking for, good for you. You get 12.5 grams of product for $9, which is a heck of a deal - provided you're looking for a frosty yellow highlighter.

Did I mention this is a frosty yellow highlighter? Because, really, I just can't imagine who the hell reaches for this thing in the morning.

on 11/19/2013 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Amazing wearable everyday highlight from the drugstore. When swatched on my hand I can see some flecks of glitter up close but on the face you don't really see that and you just see a beautiful sheen over areas you apply it. Love! Especially when its 12.5g for ~8 CAD :)

on 10/21/2013 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really really love this product! I completely agree that it's definitely more of a highlighter rather than a bronzer. For $9 I think it's wonderful; it stays on for such a long time, is great quality, and gives your face that healthy glow. I have dry skin and am weary of powder highlighters but after I heard such great things about this bad boy I just had to snag it! I have Benefit's High Beam, which I absolutely love, but I think if I ran out of Benefit's High Beam I would not repurchase because this product is a fraction of the cost and looks just as amazing on the skin! LOVE!

on 10/10/2013 7:20:00 AM

This is a gorgeous highlighter! Its a beautiful shade,stays all day. It shows up as a subtle champagne color,and does what its suppose to do. Very nice product!

on 9/30/2013 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this solely based on the awesome reviews. It is too light to use as a bronzer on my skin-- (C4/ NC40 in MAC, NARS Santa fe, Bobbi Brown Sunny beige, Missha #27) but as a highlighter O.M.G. so gorgeous. very subtle-- I wore it one day and noticed how luminous/glowy my skin looked without artificial chunks of glitter/shimmer.

key points: luminous, glowy, natural

I use a little bit everyday as a highlighter on my nose/cheeks

I would buy again but I've been using this for months and have not even made a slight dip in it

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Like everyone else, I don't understand why this is a Bronzer. I have fair (NC15) skin and there's no way this could be a Bronzer on me. I wanted the balm' smart Lou-Manizer but didn't want to pay $30. This was said to be similar, and you don't often see powder highlights in the drugstore. I like to put this on my cheekbones & down my nose - it gives a nice glow. I don't see how I could ever get through all the product, though.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Nc 30-35, warm and yellow undertones

This color is frickin gorgeous!!! It's a shimmery golden-beige color that looks gorgeous on any skin tone. I've used this when I was pale and tan, and it looked lovely either way. I don't know why it's listed as a bronzer because this shade is sooooo light. This has been my favorite highlighter lately. On lazy days, ill use this as an eyeshadow; it brightens up my eyes!

on 9/23/2013 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Like Reserve Your Cabana bronzer from Wet n Wild, everyone uses this bronzer as a highlighter as well, and again, I don't quite get it. It's just a bit too matte for a highlighter for me. The shade is just a bit too golden as well and ends up looking obvious and unnatural on me. Oh well, to each his own.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

this is most definitly not a bronzer, it works extremely well as a highlighter though. I wanted something that didn't have any obvious shimmer in it. this goes on easily and blend well. it looks really natural on the skin. it's something that I have used almost every time I wear makeup and it has lasted me about 5 months. I had to repurchase once bc the packaging broke (I hadn't dropped it that badly either so that's why I'm giving it four). this is better then the more expensive brands I have tried (benefit, urban decay, ect)

Popular Bronzers