November 25, 2014 | 1717 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Physicians Formula - Healthy Wear SPF 50 Tinted Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by bloodflower4141

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite tinted moisturizer. I used this in the summer, because it has a slightly drier finish, unlike most TM's that never set. This is not to say it is a matte finish, when set with powder I would be quite glowy by the end of the day (which I like!). I have pores, dark acne scars, and oily t-zone. Has good coverage, like a lightweight foundation: I used 1 pump if using in place of foundation, or if wearing alone I would use 2 pumps to help downplay acne scarring.

I like that is has SPF50, & my skin usually looks improved after I remove it. I think the tomato extract may be slightly exfoliating. The packaging is nice because it has a pump which dispenses a nice pea-sized amount, as well as coming with a little cap. Not a fan of the pink & orange color scheme, admittedly. The only cons to this product are the price (for $15 I could buy a full-cover DS foundation) & finding a match to your shade. They run a little dark, and can oxidize, but mine only slightly darkened, not as severe as the uploaded picture. Perhaps setting with powder makes the difference.

If you are debating between this and the other organic wear spf15 TM from Physician's Formula, it would depend on your skin type and desired coverage. I would recommend this one for oily skin & a little higher coverage. It is not always flattering on dry patches & can cling to flakes. The organic wear is much more liquidy and sheer, also a bit more moisturizing for dry skin.

If MUA had .5 scoring, I'd rate it 4.5, I just don't believe in giving 5's unless a product is truly perfect. Hopefully this review wasn't too disorganized, this is my first review & I typed it on an iPad. So far, it's basically been an HG for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 6:22:00 PM More reviews by hancam1030

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I found this at Big Lots for dirt cheap! This has way more coverage than the average tinted moisterizer. I have mine in ivory/fair. It looks a little dark when you pump it out, but once applied to the skin it blends in perfectly. It lasts all day and looks really natural. Too bad it is discontinued! I have to go back to Big Lots and get a few more bottles. Sooner or later I'll have to find something else to replace it, but for now I am totatally in love with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2012 8:35:00 PM More reviews by tswope57

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my everyday go to foundation. I use the med to tan and add a drop of bronzer to bring it to the perfect color for my skin. I have an light olive tone and live in FLorida and ths lasts all day, with a dash of mineral powder to handle the little bit of "glow" that it imparts. It has more coverage than most TMs. When I need to jump start my day without doing the moisturizer, SPF etc. - this is great. I use a damp sponge to apply.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by heartsinwonderland

Ahhhhh! I picked this up at big lots, after reading the good reviews and the cheap price. I knew it was discontinued, but I just wanted to try it. I love it! I mix it with my regular moisturizer, and it gives me just the right amount of coverage. The way I do it makes the coverage really light and subtle. It has to settle in your skin, but it doesn't oxidize or break me out. I love this stuff! I need to go to more big lots and stock up. Get it if you can!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2012 11:03:00 AM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the first tinted moisturizer I've ever tried, and I wanted to love it, but the color is simply way too dark and way too orange to come anywhere close to matching my NW15 skin.

I wish I'd read reviews here before I ordered this online.

I can't think of anyone I know who has skin this color,so I just tossed the moisturizer.

At least it was an inexpensive lesson. I'm willing to try other tinted moisturizers, but I won't be re-purchasing this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by number1larissa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THIS. I can't believe the coverage - it covers all of my redness, which is something I've rarely found in a foundation, let alone a tinted moisturizer! Lately I have been using Lorac Neutralizer mixed with either TheBalm's BalmShelter tinted moisturizer, Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB cream, or Garnier's BB cream, because all 3 tend to turn slightly orange on me and don't cover enough of my redness, but with this product I don't need the neutralizer. I just apply 2-3 pumps with my fingers and then blot my face with a beauty blender knockoff sponge and my face is flawless for the rest of the day. I also wanted to add that I don't notice a smell, although some reviewers have. I have a pretty sensitive nose so I'm pleased with the lack of smell.

The only con is that the shades run a bit dark; I am usually the second-lightest shade in most products, but with this one I am the lightest shade, which is "ivory/fair." That said, this color matches me PERFECTLY and doesn't oxidize on me, which is amazing. The SPF is a huge plus, too - it's so rare to find any makeup with more than 15, so 50 is just fantastic. I got it at Big Lots for $4, so you can't beat the price either! I am going back soon to buy backups.

I know I have been talking this product up and not everyone has had as great of an experience with this as I have, but for $4 at Big Lots what have you got to lose by giving it a try? You may have found your new HG like I did :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Callieruth13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

ok, if you have read my review on Missha perfect cover BB cream, you know I mix this with that for my perfect color match. That being said, THIS product is awesome. It has spf 50, it is cheap compared to HE tinted moisturizers, the coverage is great, and the finish is very natural. This would be my HG if the color range were better. I got the lightest color in "Ivory to Fair" and it is way too dark for me. It runs very warm. The packaging is a bright orange, so it's easy to find in your makeup bag/ drawer, and it is 1oz so it's not huge. It has a pump, so it's hygienic, which I like. I don't like that you can't tell how much you have left in the pump, but it appears that it has a vacuum style pump, so you get every bit of product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by peachesndream

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought a bottle of this from Big Lots on Friday for 4$. I loved it so much I went the next day on Sat. and bought 3 back ups! Maybe a little bit overboard, but I know the retail price is close to $15. The only color they had was Fair to light and it works well for my coloring but is a tad bit too dark. I am sad to read that there is an ivory to light color that I think would work better for me, but they didn't have that at Big Lots. I think that this TM does pull a little dark so I would go with lighter than darker if you are on the fence about colors.

I was so shocked with how much coverage it gave! Wow! It also spread on really nicely (with my fingers) and had no streaking. It also left a relatively matte finish, which is rare for TM in my opinion.

Today I put on two coats to build up coverage and it looks almost like a foundation! I really am pleased with that look, considering that I don't have to blend and that it comes with moisturizer and high SPF all in one. Is nice with other products, like blush and highlighter.

The con for me is the strange smell. It is not a sunscreen smell, but there is some kind of chemicall-y smell I don't care for. It doesn't linger and it doesn't bother me that much, but it would be better if it wasn't there.

I wore it all day yesterday with no primer and it wore so well! There was minor slipage in the nose area, but I was seriously impressed, especially since it was super hot and I have oily skin and large nose pores that give off a ton of oil.

Today I used some primer and so so far, it is nice. I set with translucent powder with helps me with everything.

In all, I really would recommend this product! I think it is really well made and formulated and performs well. I would pay retail price for it.I also love the cute colors and slim packaging with pump!

EDIT 9/21: I had to end out returning my original bottle and all of my backups. What ended out happening was it began to oxidize and turn super orange, in addition to being a little bit too dark. I was shocked at how orange I looked the other day while I was out! I was so embarrassed. Right back to the store. I had to lower my overall rating from a 5 to 3. I think if you can find one to match your skin well it is maybe still pretty good but man, these run so dark and so orange. I will stick to my other TM and let this one go. I wanted to like it so much :(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by dearemily777

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this tinted moisturizer so much! I bought it at Big Lots for $4.00 (I think it's originally around $12-$15). I've been using this for quite some time now and my skin looks so beautiful. This is the best it has looked since my freshman year in high school (college freshman now). It's glowing, beautiful, and just gorgeous! After I wash my face at night, my skin is super soft. This will be perfect for me during the winter when my skin is extremely dry. I know it seems a little greasy (not as bad as I thought it would be), but anything with sunscreen in it will seem a little greasy. I just set it with mineral powder and I'm good to go! I would recommend this, but if you are incredibly pale, this might be a little darker for you. Overall, I am definitely satisfied with this product! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by loverofmkup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am so happily surprised at how much I love this TM! I have tried so many TMs from Cover Girl to Amore Pacific & this one surprisingly wins hands down. I have combo skin, oily in the t-zone, around NC35 & have this in natural to tan, which at first I thought would not work, but once you spread it on, it matches my now tan summer skin. It definitely feels too thick when you first put it on, but just give it a few minutes to settle in & it melds & blends into my skin very nicely. For a tm I find it gives great coverage, only thing I use after is concealer for my under eyes & powder to set it. It gives me skin a really nice almost airbrushed look that lasts all day long & best of all is that it does not oxidize! I had terrible oxidation w/Laura Mercier's oil free tm & I didn't like that it only contained chemical sunscreens in it.
This TM offers a physical sunscreen (titanium dioxide) which I need because since I am olive toned, my skin eats up any chemical ss (weird,I know!) so I have to have physical ss, but physical ss usually have a terrible white cast & this does not so I'm super happy with it. I would highly recommend! It makes getting ready for me in the am so much quicker. Also this comes in a pump form, perfect for travel or doing your makeup/face on the run (which I regularly do, being a mom of 3 little ones!).
So some of the pros:
-awesome coverage
-UVA & UVB protection
-does not oxidize
-lasts all day
-great color selection for tanned skin
-can be built up a little

Cons:
-can feel a little thick at first
-lighter skinned gals might not find a shade
-you need to set w/powder

I just wanted to add that I have used several powders to set & it works with all I have tried which are: MUFE hd, Maybelline dream matte, Ben Nye banana powder, and Laura Mercier loose powder.