Physicians Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Tinted Moisturizer

3.6

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: OCTINOXATE 7.5%, OCTOCRYLENE 5.0%, TITANIUM DIOXIDE 8.5%, ZINC OXIDE 2.94% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, WATER, STYRENE/ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, CAPYRLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, SD ALCOHOL 40, C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEPTYL UNDECYLENATE, LECITHIN, PEG/PPG -20/15 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, C12-16 ALCOHOLS, DIACETYL BOLDINE, DIMETHICONE/METHICONE COPOLYMER, DISODIUM EDTA, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, GELATIN, GENISTEIN, GLYCYRRHETINIC ACID, ALPHA LIPOIC ACID, MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, PALMITIC ACID, PEG-12 GLYCERYL DIMYRISTATE, POLYGLYCERYL-3 PALMITATE, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, RETINYL PALMITATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, SOLANUM LYCOPERSICUM (TOMATO) FRUIT EXTRACT, SQUALANE, SUCROSE, TOCOPHEROL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, TRIETHANOLAMINE, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, UBIQUINONE, XANTHAN GUM, ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, ETHYLENE BRASSYLATE, PHENOXYETHANOL MAY CONTAIN: IRON OXIDES, TITANIUM DIOXIDE

on 2/9/2013 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This just didn't do it for my oily skin. Upon application, it feels sticky and oily and doesn't feel comfortable on the skin. After setting it with a powder, I find myself shiny after 3 hours or so ... does not have a good lasting power. I used this in the winter too! I can't imagine how disaterous it'll be in the summer. There's a suncreen-y scent to it, but it doesn't really bother me all too much. This might work for people with normal or drier skin, but I'd stay away from this if you have oily skin like me!

on 2/1/2013 1:30:00 PM

I used this when I was a camp counselor the past few summer's. With it being 85+ degrees outside and running around the campgrounds, the SPF 50 was a definite need for my pale skin! It also had a full, luminous coverage that lasted all day, through sweat AND swimming! Overall great first-time tinted moisturizer!

on 1/16/2013 1:29:00 PM

I picked this up on a whim at Big Lots for $3 because it it was so cheap, plus it has the 3 in 1 combo I need: sunscreen, moisturizer, and foundation.

This has much more coverage than I was expecting, so that was a pleasant surprise, however, it also feels "heavy" on the skin. I am not used to that and would have preferred a lighter feel so I had to take away one star for that. The second time I applied it, I mixed it with a drop of water and it felt better and also spread and blended more easily.

This product can separate so you definitely need to shake it up first or it will come out icky.

Kudos for the pump dispenser except for the orange color. It cheapens the look of the product but it sure is easy to spot in the bottom of my purse. In my opinion, all cream/liquid products should be in a pump dispenser. It controls the amount well and also keeps contaminants out of the bottle.

I agree with other opinions here that the shades might be a little on the dark side. The only shade they had was "Ivory to Fair" and I was afraid it might be too light but it wasn't at all.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my favorite tinted moisturizer. I used this in the summer, because it has a slightly drier finish, unlike most TM's that never set. This is not to say it is a matte finish, when set with powder I would be quite glowy by the end of the day (which I like!). I have pores, dark acne scars, and oily t-zone. Has good coverage, like a lightweight foundation: I used 1 pump if using in place of foundation, or if wearing alone I would use 2 pumps to help downplay acne scarring.

I like that is has SPF50, & my skin usually looks improved after I remove it. I think the tomato extract may be slightly exfoliating. The packaging is nice because it has a pump which dispenses a nice pea-sized amount, as well as coming with a little cap. Not a fan of the pink & orange color scheme, admittedly. The only cons to this product are the price (for $15 I could buy a full-cover DS foundation) & finding a match to your shade. They run a little dark, and can oxidize, but mine only slightly darkened, not as severe as the uploaded picture. Perhaps setting with powder makes the difference.

If you are debating between this and the other organic wear spf15 TM from Physician's Formula, it would depend on your skin type and desired coverage. I would recommend this one for oily skin & a little higher coverage. It is not always flattering on dry patches & can cling to flakes. The organic wear is much more liquidy and sheer, also a bit more moisturizing for dry skin.

If MUA had .5 scoring, I'd rate it 4.5, I just don't believe in giving 5's unless a product is truly perfect. Hopefully this review wasn't too disorganized, this is my first review & I typed it on an iPad. So far, it's basically been an HG for me.

on 12/5/2012 6:22:00 PM

I found this at Big Lots for dirt cheap! This has way more coverage than the average tinted moisterizer. I have mine in ivory/fair. It looks a little dark when you pump it out, but once applied to the skin it blends in perfectly. It lasts all day and looks really natural. Too bad it is discontinued! I have to go back to Big Lots and get a few more bottles. Sooner or later I'll have to find something else to replace it, but for now I am totatally in love with it.

on 11/26/2012 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is my everyday go to foundation. I use the med to tan and add a drop of bronzer to bring it to the perfect color for my skin. I have an light olive tone and live in FLorida and ths lasts all day, with a dash of mineral powder to handle the little bit of "glow" that it imparts. It has more coverage than most TMs. When I need to jump start my day without doing the moisturizer, SPF etc. - this is great. I use a damp sponge to apply.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ahhhhh! I picked this up at big lots, after reading the good reviews and the cheap price. I knew it was discontinued, but I just wanted to try it. I love it! I mix it with my regular moisturizer, and it gives me just the right amount of coverage. The way I do it makes the coverage really light and subtle. It has to settle in your skin, but it doesn't oxidize or break me out. I love this stuff! I need to go to more big lots and stock up. Get it if you can!

on 10/13/2012 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This is the first tinted moisturizer I've ever tried, and I wanted to love it, but the color is simply way too dark and way too orange to come anywhere close to matching my NW15 skin.

I wish I'd read reviews here before I ordered this online.

I can't think of anyone I know who has skin this color,so I just tossed the moisturizer.

At least it was an inexpensive lesson. I'm willing to try other tinted moisturizers, but I won't be re-purchasing this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I LOVE THIS. I can't believe the coverage - it covers all of my redness, which is something I've rarely found in a foundation, let alone a tinted moisturizer! Lately I have been using Lorac Neutralizer mixed with either TheBalm's BalmShelter tinted moisturizer, Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB cream, or Garnier's BB cream, because all 3 tend to turn slightly orange on me and don't cover enough of my redness, but with this product I don't need the neutralizer. I just apply 2-3 pumps with my fingers and then blot my face with a beauty blender knockoff sponge and my face is flawless for the rest of the day. I also wanted to add that I don't notice a smell, although some reviewers have. I have a pretty sensitive nose so I'm pleased with the lack of smell.

The only con is that the shades run a bit dark; I am usually the second-lightest shade in most products, but with this one I am the lightest shade, which is "ivory/fair." That said, this color matches me PERFECTLY and doesn't oxidize on me, which is amazing. The SPF is a huge plus, too - it's so rare to find any makeup with more than 15, so 50 is just fantastic. I got it at Big Lots for $4, so you can't beat the price either! I am going back soon to buy backups.

I know I have been talking this product up and not everyone has had as great of an experience with this as I have, but for $4 at Big Lots what have you got to lose by giving it a try? You may have found your new HG like I did :)

on 9/28/2012 6:41:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

ok, if you have read my review on Missha perfect cover BB cream, you know I mix this with that for my perfect color match. That being said, THIS product is awesome. It has spf 50, it is cheap compared to HE tinted moisturizers, the coverage is great, and the finish is very natural. This would be my HG if the color range were better. I got the lightest color in "Ivory to Fair" and it is way too dark for me. It runs very warm. The packaging is a bright orange, so it's easy to find in your makeup bag/ drawer, and it is 1oz so it's not huge. It has a pump, so it's hygienic, which I like. I don't like that you can't tell how much you have left in the pump, but it appears that it has a vacuum style pump, so you get every bit of product.