August 27, 2014 | 1852 users online

Dry Shampoo - TRESemme - Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by lipbalmlover1525

This product was crazy popular among my group of friends. I found it a Shoppers Drugmart and thought, what the hey. Though when I tried it, it was terrible! It was sticky and was very hard to get into my scalp. The product would dry around the nozzle and make it difficult to spray! I could barely get it in my hair! And, it left white residue that was very difficult to get out of my hair. I ended up just showering, to get the white out. And I didn't like the smell. Overall, I would not buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2013 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Mimivivle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Unfortunately, this is not the best dry shampoo to use on your hair.
It is quite sticky and it does leave a white residue that is quite noticeable, even after you try brushing it out (or using your fingers) to work it evenly through your hair. The product does not absorb the oils in your hair as well as I'd hope.

This is a product that I would only use if it was my last resort, and when I am in desperate need of a dry shampoo while all the other dry shampoos have ran out :(

My favourite dry shampoo that I would recommend using is:
>> Got 2 Be's Encore Fresh dry shampoo (from their "Rockin' It" collection)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by postmoderngirl

This product is so bad. It smells horrible.. (Like, really bad) and makes my hair feel disgusting. It makes my hair feel dirtier than before applying it. It leaves a white cast & makes my hair grey, and on top if all that.. doesn't even get rid of any oil. It's terrible, and I've tried it so many times, even on clean hair. I wouldn't give this to my worst enemy.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by kaykoof

Oh... Oh, no. This was such a horrible purchase. This is the worst dry shampoo I've ever used. It smells offensive, it doesn't make my hair any less oily, and it matted my hair up like no other.

I once had an old cat who had a problem grooming herself, and she had mats on her fur and she got dirty in those areas, and my hair felt EXACTLY like that. My hair had no movement, I couldn't even run my hair through it, because it was a grey tinted mass of dirty fuzz. It looked like I had dandruff because the product gathered itself in small clumps. My entire bang/fringe area was stiff and had a unavoidable white cast. Just...why? Did they not test this before packaging, marketing and selling this? It's about 4 dollars, I think, please spend 6 dollars and get batiste.
I NEVER throw products away, and this went straight to the garbage can.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2013 12:54:00 AM More reviews by bluna11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Leaves white residue. And smells cheap.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Mellifluence

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Batiste is my HG dry shampoo brand, but like pretty much every hair/beauty product in New Zealand, it's twice as much as the same product in the States. Since I go through dry shampoo pretty quickly, $20 a pop definitely racks up, and so I couldn't believe my luck when I saw the Tresemme option the supermarket at less than half the price.

In hindsight, I should have just stuck with the tried and true. This was possibly one of the worst buys I've ever made in my life.

This dry shampoo definitely did not remove oils, freshen hair, or give volume. In fact, it did nothing but make my hair look even more dirty and unwashed, and even when I only misted on the tiniest bit, it still glunked in my hair like I overdosed on hairspray. Worse of all, I couldn't even brush it out like my normal dry shampoo, so I ended up having to wash my hair anyway - totally defeating the purpose getting this producti n the first place!

The first time this happened I just chalked it up to user failure, so I gave it a couple more tries in the following weeks, thinking that if I used the right technique, it would work.

Suffice to say, it didn't, and I've been using it as an emergency hairspray ever since.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by edithhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hey guys! Wow there are a lot of bad reviews here! I got the dry shampoo for strengthening..and I spray this on 3rd day hair only on the roots then I comb my hair and it honestly does a great job! I'm not sure why it worked on me and not all of you guys! Boo :(
I have very fine, colored, DAMAGED hair. DAMAGED so bad. Lol But this product worked great for me..it soaks up all the nasty stuff and my hair smells and feels washed again..Sorry it didn't work for you guys :(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 2:11:00 AM More reviews by KittyMeow123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great product for volumizing freshly washed and dried hair. After applying under hair sections from root to 5 inches down shaft I backcomb each section 3 times, the last one with a locking down and out motion.

My fine hair looks fabulous all day. It has body and shine. I finally have thick looking hair.

There is no bad smell or white residue. It was a little sticky until I learned how much my hair needed.

After applying the produc I brush my hair then use a thick barrelled curling iron to smooth out the ends.

My hair is great now. I can't live without this stuff but am auditioning substitutes because if this is great there might be a better dry shampoo that will five me even greater volume. In the meantime.. I can't live without this product.

Update... All the other dry shampoos I have tried have not come close to the volume I get with Tresemme.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by andreaxvii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have never hated a dry shampoo more in my life. The smell of this was SOOOOO gross! I can't get over it. The smell stays in your hair. It was so powdery too. There would be a cloud of white in the air (and in my hair!) whenever I used it. Awful.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by daha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this on a whim after running out of Batiste Dry Shampoo. This didn't do anything to my hair except perhaps make it look oilier. The fragrance is unpleasant and lingered so I had to go wash my hair since I couldn't stand it. Will not be buying this again...yuck.