September 1, 2014 | 1801 users online

Primer/ Corrector - L'Oreal - Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by kriupa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS PRIMER! It is very thick and it fills up all your pores and makes your skin look smooth and matte. This product makes my skin look so nice that sometimes, I use it without any foundation. You do need to let it set or it can make your skin look a little oily but if you wait a little, it does the job! It's pretty expensive but I guess it's worth it till I find something better. I wish the tub was bigger for the price and I wish it wasn't a tub that you stick your fingers in but aside from the cons, it's a great product and I will definitely buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2014 12:31:00 PM More reviews by makeupcam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
-mattifies skin without drying it
-reduces the appearance of pores
-can be used as a base under liquid foundation
-no odor or color

cons:
- increases acne on the skin (more pimple, blackheads)
-packaging of the product is not hygienic because you have to put your fingers in the jar
-very expensive for a pharmacy beauty product !

Over all, it's not a bad product, but it seems to bring my skin more acne problems, and it is very expensive. I won't rebuy. The Lise Watier Base-Miracle works better for me

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2014 4:13:00 AM More reviews by jackiech100

I bought this due to the good reviews but I was severely disappointed in it. This was the first primer I ever used and I was really excited to see how it would work. I found that the thickness of the formula made it difficult to spread the product along my skin- it did not glide as I had read in other reviews. It did not make my skin look nicer or more even or more natural. It definitely didn't make my makeup stay on longer, I'm fact, I noticed it shifting sooner in the day. The only good think it did was make my skin feel slightly smoother and make the pores on my nose smaller, hence the two stars. I hate to leave a bad review, but this product really disappointed me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2013 4:10:00 AM More reviews by goldmega21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product when I put it on it makes my skin feel smooth, though it does crease under the eye!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by Llendryl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product for about a year now. It does an excellent job of minimising the look of my large pores and mattifying my skin without drying it out. It doesn't add colour (or give my skin a dull, grey look) so it's perfect to put under another product or use on its own for a natural look.

The effect lasts for a few hours, but will then give an oily look, so best to combine with a good blotting product throughout the day.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by mnicole1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to say that I absolutely love this primer. I recently bought the Smashbox primer and I hated it! I returned it the following day and instead went and bought another tub of this primer. It is very, very thick and definitely fills your pores. I probably wouldn't recommend this to those with dry skin because I have combination skin and it definitely seems to make my dry patches stand out more. I have very large pores on my nose and along my cheeks and this primer fills them in beautifully and makes my skin look very velvety smooth and perfect. You do need to let it set for a minute though to really sink in, otherwise it kind of slides off when you apply your makeup. I love this primer and for the price I will probably be using it for a very long time.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2013 5:08:00 PM More reviews by blondebitch19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pointless. All primer is made up of is silicone I don't even have super oily skin but I feel like this just makes a tacky barrier that makes my makeup slide right off my skin. If your looking for something to give you a smooth even complection this is not it. Did not make my foundation last longer nor 'glide on' to my skin. Do not waste your time.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Mezalez

Best primer ever!!! Originally, I was going to re-purchase Too Faced Primed and Poreless ($30) but I decided to try something new. I'm so glad I did! I have very oily skin, so usually after applying my foundation I would have to set it with a powder, but now that I use L'Oreal's primer, I don't have to do anything :D My skin looks flawless; no pores, no blackheads or whiteheads. And my face stays matte and smooth, like I'm not even wearing any make-up!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Brootneexo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a wonderful, wonderful primer and I can't say it enough. Absorbs oil, velvety soft, pore minimizing, evens skin texture, easier makeup application and lasts alllllllll day long. Perfect, perfect product in a really, really crappy packaging. L'Oreal, please provide a more sanitary packaging for this amazing product!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2013 6:45:00 AM More reviews by aelskar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Disappointing!

The texture is lovely and velvety and the product goes on very easily.

I noticed a difference on my skin immediately, it looked much smoother.

However it didn't make much difference to how my make up set on my face.

And the biggest let down was the staying power- I have oily skin and this did NOTHING to stop my make up sliding off my face.

Won't buy again.