December 19, 2014 | 1478 users online

Primer/ Corrector - L'Oreal - Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2014 10:29:00 AM More reviews by ca_sent_beau

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This little pot really works like magic for me. I do not use it as a primer under foundation though, so do not rely on my review if you are looking for a primer.
Once I am done putting on my endless layers of skincare and a quarter teaspoon of sunscreen, all these steps taken in the name of beautiful skin leave me with quite the opposite: shiny skin emphasizing every single pore. Not a good sight. Then I take my little pot of magic, take a tiny bit and tap it gently on my forehead, nose, center of face. And it works like photoshop: all the pores and shine are gone, skin smooth but not matte, dry and lifeless. It's almost unreal. Not even the best loose powders worked for me this well.
The jar is very small, but all I need is a tiny amount - I don't scoop out any product I just touch it. I have the same jar for a year now, still not finished and did not dry out.
Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Lizzifer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOOOOVE this primer! I've been using it for quite awhile now and have gone through a few pots and just adore it. While it doesn't conceal pores as well as, say, Porefessional does, it does an amazingly good job at mattifying my skin which I love since I've battled with combination skin for years. I just adore this product. What's better is that a little goes a long way (until you've had it for awhile and it starts to dry out).
I'll keep buying it for a long time to come, I'm sure.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Danaelycia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So I'm new to primers as all I use are BB creams. I decided to try this after reading a fitness article that claimed it was fantastic to keep your face in check if you decided to sweat. Because I often go straight to the gym after work, I HATE that my face goes super red and everything starts sliding off during my workout.

So the package is quite small for the price but I noticed that a little bit goes a long way. It absorbs quite nicely and doesn't leave my face sticky. It definitely repels water as I've noticed when I washed my hands but a bit of soap and it comes off quickly and easily with no residue (I tested on my hands).

I did not find that it stopped me from getting oily or sweaty and my makeup came off just the same after working out so it's not as strong as the article claimed to be.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2014 11:15:00 AM More reviews by OCgirl006

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love, Love this primer, I have oily skin, big pores and this covers everything like a dream,
im not a grease pit in a few hours....makes my skin look flawless, makeup stay's on all day
the only think i dont like is that its in a jar, I have tried ALL the high end primers and nothing at all compares to this one, I dont with all the highend ones that cost a fortune.....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2014 3:17:00 AM More reviews by troo12

I loved this when I first began to use it. It softened my large pores so well that I thought it was truly "magic". Then I realized my liquid foundation was balling up. So I tried a new foundation (because it certainly couldn't be caused by my new found best friend!). No success. So I changed my moisturizer. Which was a blessing in disguise because I liked the new one more. But it didn't solve the problem. Weeks later I finally relented and used my old hg primer. I wanted it to ball up like before but alas, my face was smooth.
End of story: it's amazing but not amazing at the same time. I wish I could use it without foundation but it makes my skin look chalky and ghost-like.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2014 10:09:00 AM More reviews by Dgast4484

**5/14/2014 EDIT!!!

after messing with this primer trying to find better use for it, it works as a great under eye base/primer. I use a concealer stick for under my eyes and its usually pretty rough to blend, but it blended PERFECTLY when i used this under it(blended with Beauty Blender). It was "magic"! however i will still not repurchase just to use for this. Just happy i found it useable. changed from 2 lippies to 3 (*_*)

I wanted to love this primer because i am a huge L'Oreal fan. But like others said, its super gummy and i did NOT like how my BB cream sat on my face over the primer. I also HATE the little jar. I tried this for 2 weeks, but just cant love it. I'll use it for eye primer when needed (although, its still not the best for this either)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2014 3:15:00 PM More reviews by jessicapereira1691

This product is not good at all, does not feel like a primer and its so hard to put it on your face. Also this product is not acne friendly and makes my foundation look so dry. Def not worth the money and def very pricey for a drugstore primer brand $13.00.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by uglygrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't know. I really like this primer. I have really pale skin and it has a pinkish white tint to it so if I had darker skin I might be bummed out about that. My skin is really oily and pores are really large and scarred so this is by far the best primer I have found to cover that up. The only thing that I don't like is that my skin is so oily that it doesn't look good anymore after a couple hours of wearing, but I don't think that is the primers fault. It is similar to Revlon's photoready primer but with a more mousse like texture. I kind of like the jar. Sometimes think things like primers don't come out of tubes very well but I think it would be better if it was plastic because the jar is so heavy. But I liked it so much I bought a few. One for my purse, car and bathroom. It is a little pricey for the small amount but I think it's worth it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This pinkish rubbery stuff continues to take up space in my makeup basket. Why don't I use it?

1. It's a bit annoying to get product out of the unhygienic jar. When I do, I just apply tiny amounts a bit at a time using my ring finger to pat and fill on my forehead and outer eye area where I have some faint lines.

2. I can really only use it in those two areas. It mostly just works as a mattifyer on my forehead and diffuses my outer eye lines. I don't see it doing much anywhere else. It doesn't fill deep lines and doesn't hydrate, doesn't improve the tone or texture of the rest of my face to the point that I'm willing to ignore...

3. the breakouts. If I use this more than a day or two in a row, I'll get a cystic zit on my cheek, nose, chin, etc. That's why I can only use it on my forehead and outer eye area. Any place else breaks me out and/or causes millia. Has even caused millia on my forehead, so that's not even safe.

So, the only place I really see any benefit is my outer eye area, where I suppose I have no oily pores or it's super dry. To be fair, some other primers break me out as well, but, guess what? I don't use those products either. So, maybe some day I'll finally use this stuff up, but until then it just sits there...

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2014 8:38:00 AM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this a while ago which was the first time I had ever tried a primer. The consistency is so freaking thick that it does not melt into my skin at all. I tried wearing this once without foundation just to see how it was and I had a ghostly white cast with pink undertones all over my face and it left foundation lines which is confusing because this is a face primer. It also balled up horribly on my skin which is only helped by mixing it with moisturizer or water but this is a primer not even foundation so doing extra steps to get this to work defeats the whole purpose. For the high price you pay and the tub of crap you get I will not be repurchasing at all. Now that I know better I will be sticking with my go to drugstore primer, Neutrogena's Shine Control with Rice Protein Complex. The high price on a drugstore level is worth it because it's not as expensive as other brands at Sephora while still giving me an amazing oil-free canvas for my makeup to sit upon.