L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

3.4

cyclohexasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, silica, acrylates copolymer, disodium stearoyl glutamate, aluminum hydroxide { /- may contain CI 77891/ titanium dioxide/ CI 77491/ iron oxides} FIL D30587/2

on 9/5/2014 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

My HG primer!! This really smoothes my skin out and covers pores beautifully and evens my skin tone. Makes make up application easy. I've tried high end primers like Laura Mercier and that didn't do anything for me. This is more affordable. I always get it with a coupon at CVS. Cvs also has a knock off version of this stuff but I haven't tried it yet.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

First off this is a really great primer. It does a great job at filling and blurring out my fine lines, wrinkles, and pores. What I do is get a pea-sized amount of product and sort of rub it (melt the product a little bit) with my pointer finger, then press it into my pores, fine lines, and wrinkles then smooth it out all over my face. I let it set for 30 sec and then apply my foundation. It really does help keep my foundation on longer, as well as blurring out my imperfections. I would definitely repurchase this item as I like it more then my Benefit Porefessional, Lancome La Base, or Dr. Brandt Pores No More. I haven't had any breakouts or crazy reactions to this product as well which is a plus.

The only downside is the packaging and the price tag. It is also a little thicker than most primers to the point where you may need a little more extra time to work the product in. But overall a must have for my makeup bag.

on 9/1/2014 9:53:00 AM

The good thing about this product is that it does work instantly to smooth lines and hide pores... But it broke me out! I used it only in my t-zone and after a few straight days of use, I broke out in clusters of tiny pimples around my nose and on my forehead.

on 8/7/2014 1:54:00 AM

This is the first base I've ever tried and I'm absolutely loving it! I don't even use foundation this covered all my imperfections, but I do have normal skin but I do break out from time to time, perfect for the summer when you don't want to use foundation!

on 8/3/2014 2:45:00 PM

I really gave this a good try, used it for awhile, as I kept hearing all these rave reviews on it. I really did not like it at all. It definitely didn't make my makeup last longer, & actually I thought it made it almost slide off, if that makes any sense. Like it just seemed to leave a slick on my face, & I have dry skin, so it's not like my skin is oily. And it definitely isn't cheap, it's like $13 at the drugstore. I've tried primers that cost half that that performed way better. I wasn't crazy about the packaging either-I prefer either a pump or a tube that you squeeze, just seems like it's less convenient & less hygenic when it's in a jar. Definitely not for me

I HATED THIS PRODUCT... it is not acne friendly whatsoever... after using this product for only one day i started to break out into pimples and what looked liked cysts ( i never get cysts) worst product ever, its oily and feels mucky on my face

on 6/16/2014 9:15:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I really like they way this fees and it's ability to make my make-up application smoother and easier, but it doesn't control oil, as much as I can tell, and doesn't add to my make up's longevity.

on 6/9/2014 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This little pot really works like magic for me. I do not use it as a primer under foundation though, so do not rely on my review if you are looking for a primer.
Once I am done putting on my endless layers of skincare and a quarter teaspoon of sunscreen, all these steps taken in the name of beautiful skin leave me with quite the opposite: shiny skin emphasizing every single pore. Not a good sight. Then I take my little pot of magic, take a tiny bit and tap it gently on my forehead, nose, center of face. And it works like photoshop: all the pores and shine are gone, skin smooth but not matte, dry and lifeless. It's almost unreal. Not even the best loose powders worked for me this well.
The jar is very small, but all I need is a tiny amount - I don't scoop out any product I just touch it. I have the same jar for a year now, still not finished and did not dry out.
Highly recommended.

on 5/22/2014 12:48:00 PM

I LOOOOVE this primer! I've been using it for quite awhile now and have gone through a few pots and just adore it. While it doesn't conceal pores as well as, say, Porefessional does, it does an amazingly good job at mattifying my skin which I love since I've battled with combination skin for years. I just adore this product. What's better is that a little goes a long way (until you've had it for awhile and it starts to dry out).
I'll keep buying it for a long time to come, I'm sure.

on 5/21/2014 11:12:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

So I'm new to primers as all I use are BB creams. I decided to try this after reading a fitness article that claimed it was fantastic to keep your face in check if you decided to sweat. Because I often go straight to the gym after work, I HATE that my face goes super red and everything starts sliding off during my workout.

So the package is quite small for the price but I noticed that a little bit goes a long way. It absorbs quite nicely and doesn't leave my face sticky. It definitely repels water as I've noticed when I washed my hands but a bit of soap and it comes off quickly and easily with no residue (I tested on my hands).

I did not find that it stopped me from getting oily or sweaty and my makeup came off just the same after working out so it's not as strong as the article claimed to be.

Popular Primer/ Correctors