April 17, 2014 | 1472 users online

Primer/ Corrector - L'Oreal - Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by ariestar8

It made my skin feel silky smooth but the container isn't sanitary enough.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2013 9:02:00 PM More reviews by JustMeas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is actually pretty good.

First let me tell you this: A Brit wrote a review on something else saying "as the American's say, this didn't break me out." LOL. I didn't know that was an American thing over here, but as far as this primer goes, it broke me out when I wore it all over x2-3 days.

However, I did notice at the end of the day my undereye concealer was smoother than usual - and that's been a struggle lately - maybe with the cold weather making dry under eyes more dry. So I use it daily to lay down the concealer.

How long does it last? I'm a 12hr 'runner', (you know the job) where the workload is heavy and the breaks are far and few and I can't waste a moment pampering my makeup. The concealer stays smoother the full shift, much smoother than without this primer. I notice my under eye m/u is only slightly ruffed when I get home.

I read some of the negatives. Try this: patting the primer on with fingers under the eye. Don't fool around with the product a long time; pat it on and let it set while you do the eyebrows or put on your earrings and socks. Now I use a brush to *pat* the concealer in, not rub it around. Set with light powder dusting. You know the drill: brush in powder, then tap off excess, and use what's left? Yeah, that much powder to set concealer over this primer.

Try this: Use a clean q-tip to take the product from the jar each time. No double dipping, and I feel good about the product staying clean.

Try this at the drug store with a BOGO deal and try it. If no go, take it back but women of a certain age should at least try this.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by illbebe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's does a good job filling in my large pores and seems to help my makeup look nicely done. I would buy it again. The price is right and it lasts a long time. I have very oily skin, it's applies smoothe yet matte which helps the foundation look better for my skin type. I would recommend this to a friend.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2013 9:23:00 AM More reviews by glamerous3059

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

AM I USING THIS WRONG!! MAYBE BECAUSE IM OILY BUTT NOPE NOT FOR ME. IT DIDNT HOLD NOTHING NO MAKEUP NO EYESHADOW.. UGHH. IM GIVING THIS AWAY!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Lisafrank

Out of all the drugstore primers I've tested this is the best one by far. The texture is interesting and when I put it on it really does "blur" out imperfections. Very nice. the big con is the packaging. The jar is pretty and all but my nails ends up scooping up some of the product and it gets annoying

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So far I've used this for two weeks and not had a lot of trouble with it. The packaging is kind of difficult to deal with. I'd rather not deal with the pot-style product for primer. However, I really like the smoothness of this product. A little goes a very long way. So far so good. I'd love to try a more expensive product for foundation priming, but for now it is working okay.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by ChelseaRose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Let me just start out by saying that I love this stuff. As someone with oily skin, this is a must for me. This really, really helps keep my makeup on for as long as possible, and creates such a beautiful, smooth base for my foundation to go on very nicely. Also helps prevent creasing on my eyelids, which no primer I've previously used could do. It's a bit expensive, but a little goes a long way, and I love it. Recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by sashaMambo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was surprised to see so many bad reviews about this product. I have used the L'Oreal primer/corrector for about a year now. It has never caused me to break out, and I have very sensitive skin. This product is great for oily skin,acne and possibly wrinkles. It literally creates a mask over imperfections, which creates a smooth canvas for foundation. It has helped me out a lot with hiding acne and imperfections. it also reduced redness instantly. I can see how you would not like this product if you had dry skin. Now that it becoming winter time, and my skin is getting dry, I will probably have to switch to something more moisturizing. This product makes dry skin more noticeable but really helps out oil/imperfections in skin.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2013 6:28:00 PM More reviews by FlawlessLeopard

I bought this product due to the great reviews. I have sensitive skin that is combination/oily.

I used this product for an evening out makeup look and I do love that it made my skin instantly uplifted and concealed all pores and fine lines. My makeup lasted throughout the night (I use a setting spray as well).

I used the product the next day in my everyday makeup look and was impressed with the results.

The only downfalls would be that my skin started to break out after the second time using it and that the packaging is frankly just off, the bottle is too small to be able to get much at one time and I find myself digging with my nail.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by creepfancy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I will start by saying I LOVE this product. It's difficult to fine a base/primer for the face (not just the eyes) that doesn't feel..."funky." I've tried many different primers & used many products as primers (BB creams, moisturizers, etc) & this is by FAR my favorite. I love the texture, the tone, & most of all, the functionality. It's a product that does what it says it's going to do. It minimizes fine lines, smoothes the appearance of large pores, & helps your foundation & concealer last for hours. I have pastey-white SUPER sensitive skin. This product is great. My only issue is that for me, ~$13 is a lot of money for .5 oz of a drugstore product... But I have found it is well worth it. I use this over my moisturizer, but it can also be used alone with great success. I just like using it one top of moisturizer for an extra-smooth application. LONG STORY SHORT: I love this product & will definitely re-purchase!