November 21, 2014 | 1011 users online

Primer/ Corrector - L'Oreal - Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2014 3:15:00 PM More reviews by jessicapereira1691

This product is not good at all, does not feel like a primer and its so hard to put it on your face. Also this product is not acne friendly and makes my foundation look so dry. Def not worth the money and def very pricey for a drugstore primer brand $13.00.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by uglygrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't know. I really like this primer. I have really pale skin and it has a pinkish white tint to it so if I had darker skin I might be bummed out about that. My skin is really oily and pores are really large and scarred so this is by far the best primer I have found to cover that up. The only thing that I don't like is that my skin is so oily that it doesn't look good anymore after a couple hours of wearing, but I don't think that is the primers fault. It is similar to Revlon's photoready primer but with a more mousse like texture. I kind of like the jar. Sometimes think things like primers don't come out of tubes very well but I think it would be better if it was plastic because the jar is so heavy. But I liked it so much I bought a few. One for my purse, car and bathroom. It is a little pricey for the small amount but I think it's worth it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This pinkish rubbery stuff continues to take up space in my makeup basket. Why don't I use it?

1. It's a bit annoying to get product out of the unhygienic jar. When I do, I just apply tiny amounts a bit at a time using my ring finger to pat and fill on my forehead and outer eye area where I have some faint lines.

2. I can really only use it in those two areas. It mostly just works as a mattifyer on my forehead and diffuses my outer eye lines. I don't see it doing much anywhere else. It doesn't fill deep lines and doesn't hydrate, doesn't improve the tone or texture of the rest of my face to the point that I'm willing to ignore...

3. the breakouts. If I use this more than a day or two in a row, I'll get a cystic zit on my cheek, nose, chin, etc. That's why I can only use it on my forehead and outer eye area. Any place else breaks me out and/or causes millia. Has even caused millia on my forehead, so that's not even safe.

So, the only place I really see any benefit is my outer eye area, where I suppose I have no oily pores or it's super dry. To be fair, some other primers break me out as well, but, guess what? I don't use those products either. So, maybe some day I'll finally use this stuff up, but until then it just sits there...

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2014 8:38:00 AM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this a while ago which was the first time I had ever tried a primer. The consistency is so freaking thick that it does not melt into my skin at all. I tried wearing this once without foundation just to see how it was and I had a ghostly white cast with pink undertones all over my face and it left foundation lines which is confusing because this is a face primer. It also balled up horribly on my skin which is only helped by mixing it with moisturizer or water but this is a primer not even foundation so doing extra steps to get this to work defeats the whole purpose. For the high price you pay and the tub of crap you get I will not be repurchasing at all. Now that I know better I will be sticking with my go to drugstore primer, Neutrogena's Shine Control with Rice Protein Complex. The high price on a drugstore level is worth it because it's not as expensive as other brands at Sephora while still giving me an amazing oil-free canvas for my makeup to sit upon.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by pattishuffle

This is the first ever face primer I've ever bought. I absolutely love this primer. It's very thick and fills in my pores very well. It also makes my foundation last long. I just wish they would change the packaging into a pump or tube for hygienic reasons but other than the product itself is awesome.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by lola444

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

i bought this because there is really good review on it, but i'm kind of disappointed. The product can't really blend on my skin and feels really heavy even before I put on my foundation. Also it doesn't seems to be smoothing my skin as a primer/base suppose to do. And it will be much more sanitize if it comes in bottle with a pump than in a jar.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2014 8:13:00 PM More reviews by dragongirl26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product has been around for quite awhile, but I'm not sure why.
When I picked this up about a month ago, I really had high hopes. Unfortunately, it falls far short of my expectations. I gave this product two lippies because of the packaging. It comes wrapped in a little black box and a nice glass jar with a black lid. Sitting on the counter in my bathroom, it almost looks high end.

At least, until I opened the jar....
I've tried several different ways of applying this, and I haven't really found a good one. The best one I've found so far is a foundation brush, but I've found that the primer is streaky and the texture is really gummy. I've had the same problem when applying it with my fingers. It seemed that no matter how much I tried to blend it into my skin, it was just a gummy, gluey mess. Plus, it was really hard to wash off of my hands. When I applied my foundation over it, the foundation became streaky as well and was nearly impossible to smooth out.
In desperation, I even tried applying this with my beauty blender and ended up having to wash it several times just to get all of the gunk off of it. For $13, I'm sure there are far better primers available. Maybe I'm just spoiled by the Pur Minerals primer I also have in my stash, which applies smoothly and beautifully. I intend to use this up but I will definitely not repurchase. This is definitely a miss for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by NatNikki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've never really been one to use primers. I tried a liquid primer once in the past and didn't like it so when I saw the ads for this I decided to give it a shot. It goes on the skin with a nice matte finish and really helped reduce the appearance of the enlarged pores I have on my cheeks and forehead. It didn't help with the fine lines around my eyes and mouth though. I found after a couple of hours it just built up in them and made them stand out even more. My main problem with it was that I found it was a horrible base for my mineral powder foundation. I tried letting it sit on my skin for a little while before applying my foundation the second time I tried it but it didn't make a difference. It made my foundation streaky and uneven. I also am not a fan of the packaging. A squeeze tube would be much more sanitary and would probably reduce the price quite a bit! Will not be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2014 11:37:00 AM More reviews by jasthill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Skin type: moderate acne (6-10+ active spots), oily all over, dry around certain acne spots, uneven skin tone due to acne scars (not deep, just miscolored surface level spots), fair skin with yellow undertones. Basically, my skin is every girls worst nightmare.

Okay, I love and hate things about this product. My skin type is obviously very complex, but, even if you have my skin type, this still could have hope for you yet! I have tried this primer over moisturizer (completely dried before putting on primer) and with just my cleansed skin. When paired with my moisturizer underneath, it was horrifying. Every zit that I had all of a sudden started peeling in those little flakes that you literally cannot get off without using tweezers and ripping half of your face off (gross, I know, deal with it). Without the moisturizer underneath, it still gave me a lot of these flakes, just not AS bad.

Despite that, the texture and the way this made my face feel though was completely incredible. It was smooth, soft, and my pores were not gone, but definitely less noticable. Now the real question - did this help the longevity of my make-up? Answer: yes, but only by an hour, maybe two. But for someone with oily skin, that is still a great improvement. It looked and felt great, but even with my foundation on over this primer, the way it peeled at my skin (though it didn't hurt at all) made it too difficult to try to correct and fix every day.

I would stay give this product a try at least because there are a lot of positives to it - it just didn't work well with my active acne spots.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by kriupa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS PRIMER! It is very thick and it fills up all your pores and makes your skin look smooth and matte. This product makes my skin look so nice that sometimes, I use it without any foundation. You do need to let it set or it can make your skin look a little oily but if you wait a little, it does the job! It's pretty expensive but I guess it's worth it till I find something better. I wish the tub was bigger for the price and I wish it wasn't a tub that you stick your fingers in but aside from the cons, it's a great product and I will definitely buy again!