October 21, 2014 | 2087 users online

Eye Shadow - Hard Candy - Kaleyedescope in High Maintenance

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by yxoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

The colors in this duo are very pretty, but I don't think that they are anything particularly special or original. Also, I know that everyone has been saying that the shadows are very pigmented, but I found that I had to swipe my eyeshadow brush in the shadows a few times to get good color payoff. This may be because I just started using this product and it may become softer in the long run. The one major thing that I can't stand about these shadows is the smell. I know that they're baked so I'm assuming the smell is from that. I've never experienced any kind of smell from my other shadows by various brands (Mac, Stila, drugstore-Almay, CG), but whenever I open up the pan, the smell kind of just hits me and it is not something that I am fond of. However, I do think these shadows are a good buy because they will most likely last you forever and the price is so cheap.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by lizzychu

I really like this eyeshadow, especially since it is cheap and very accessible at Walmart. I find that the Hard Candy line is pretty hit or miss for me, I either love what I try from them or hate it. But fortunately I have found many products by them that I loooooove and this is definitely one of them.

I think whether or not you really like this product will basically boil down to your preferred finish for eyeshadow. This product has great pigmentation, but is very shimmery, which I happen to love. If you don't really care for shimmer, this may not be for you, or you could use it in moderation with some of your other matte eyeshadows. If I'm doing a simple makeup look, I like to dab a little bit of the cream color on my tear duct areas and a bit on my brown bone and I'm good to go.

It is a baked product, and I noticed that when I first touched it, the eyeshadow felt hard, which was a bit concerning to me. However, after I swirled my brush on it, I found no problems with it not getting on my brush, and as I already said it applies quite pigmented. I love the colors in this duo, they compliment each other well. You can create a variety of looks by using them together or separate, and I even found that if I swirl my brush over both colors where they meet, I get a nice more muted brown/taupey color.

So overall, love this product, love the packaging and will definitely be repurchasing when it's out. I even want to try out some of the other color combos I'm so impressed with this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 5:50:00 PM More reviews by kaylaxoxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeshadow duo! Not only is the packaging really nice, the eyeshadows are really pigmented and both colours are really pretty, wearable colours. Both are shimmery shades, without being glittery or having chunky sparkles. I'm really glad I picked this up and will definately repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2010 3:57:00 PM More reviews by crispytuna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had just purchased this after seeing the many reviews of the HC eyeshadows. I don't really care for the packaging, but it seems sturdy which is all I really care about. Upon first swipe with my finger I felt the eyeshadow was really hard, which I was worried about. BUT, it is so pigmented! I can't wait to try it with primer on my eyes! The downsides of this particular duo is that if you don't do shimmery, you will not like it (but I do, so I love it!) and I am NC 35 and the lighter shade can only be used for highlighting etc. because it is too light and shimmery for all over the lid. I will update with how it is when applied to my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2010 7:02:00 PM More reviews by jmejellybean

I thought this was really pigmented for being so cheap! I really like the package too, sturdy with a pretty design. A very shimmery light beige and a cool, shimmery kind of taupe brown. Very flattering for blue eyes! I haven't had any creasing so far but the shadow itself is kinda of hard, thats my only complaint! I would totally repurchase this!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2010 8:44:00 AM More reviews by x3n

the light makes a nice highlight, the brown can be nice as a lid colour if used with mattes. a bit too shimmery for my taste

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

Pretty packaging & beautiful colors to look at in the pot but the product just rubs me the wrong way. I cant quite put my finger on it. I thought maybe its just too shimmery for me but it cant be it because I still like my Stila Kitten which is very shimmery (but also glides on with a nice creamy feel unlike this). This e/s seems like you have to scrub it on with a sponge tip applicator to get the color to do anything. I havent tried it wet but it was such a bummer to me dry that it didnt make me want to try it again at all. I handed this off t my sister. Hopefully she will have better luck with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2010 12:22:00 AM More reviews by LoveLies21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

All I have to say is the Hard Candy eyeshadows are great and they work best if you use eye primer if you're going for the wet look. When I have'nt put the eye primer on and I would take a eyeshadow brush across my wet eyeshadow it would just wipe off but when I use the primer it sticks no matter what.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2010 2:04:00 PM More reviews by MarianCan

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oh myyy Gawd!I bought this eyeshadow on the weekend,and I just had to tell you,what happened:)I had read from another poster that these eyeshadows do not need a primer(I thought to myself,yea right!)So I decided today,in one of the hotest days of the summer here,to try out this eyeshadow,down in the laundry room.Well,I was down there for an hour and a half,during the hottest time of the day.The temperature outside,here in Canada was about 95 and the humidity was alot more!Now,I have very oily eyelids..so,I put some of this eyeshadow on and decided to test drive it..and to my extream pleasure,after an hour and a half,the eyeshadow has not creased or evaporated from my lids..how cool is that ladies:))))I will repurchase this and get more:)))

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2010 5:07:00 PM More reviews by superlemon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This duo contains a silvery beige neutral and a darker, slightly plummy taupe. Very pretty, a little dramatic but still appropriate for everyday wear. The shadows themselves are very hard in texture but offer pretty good pigmentation. They're VERY shimmery, which I love, but if you don't like shimmery shadows, these are definitely not for you.

I picked up one more of these already (Peace) and will likely grab a few more. Good product.