August 23, 2014 | 1111 users online

Powder - Pur Minerals - Pressed Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by CG1981

I did not like this at first, it applied poorly & blotchy but then i realized it was the brush it comes with. I used the Sonia Kashuk flat brush instead and i really like this now. It is quick to use, applies evenly and looks very skin like. You can build it up and it wont settle oddly. I will still try other things but for quickness and quality I am a fan. I am usually NC 30-35 and got this in Golden Medium. Got the starter kit. I have Bare Minerals foundation as well, that gives me a more glowy look whereas this is more a natural and buildable look. They are both good but this needs less work, BM tends to stick to dry spots and eye creases.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 4:49:00 AM More reviews by jemoSupremo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE this pressed powder foundation. I am a big fan of powder foundations in general (that aren't drug store brands like L'Oreal or CoverGirl) and I have bought quite a few (including bareMinerals, Lise Watier, Lorac, Lancome, MAC, etc). While I like a lot of them, Pur Minerals is always the one I go back to, and skip over the others to dig this one out. I love the beautiful satin-like, but matte, finish that looks so skin-like that you can't help but fall in love with your face. The coverage is extremely buildable and still looks the same regardless of how many layers you have on. I have really dry skin, and this looks great over moisturizer. I got my friend who is extremely acne prone hooked on this as well, and she doesn't wear concealer anymore, and her face looks beautiful. I recommend this to everyone I know and it hasn't disappointed anyone yet.

Edit: They've repackaged into a beautiful new compact and with the repackaging, added new colors, so there is minimal chance of not getting a match =)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 3:53:00 AM More reviews by blueribbonnanny

I am over 40 and have therefore been through quite a bit of make up in my time - this is my fave product hands down. I believe that It's 100% worth a try if you're in the market for a mineral foundation, I won't bother trying anything else as long as I can get my hands on this little beauty as it's just such a great product for me. I hope and I pray that the company does well for the conceivable future, and that the 4 in 1 product is never discontinued!!

I the only issue I would imagine could arise with it is if you are particularly over sensitive otherwise, give it a try for sure.

Please note:
It is important that you use the brush that purminerals has designed to accompany this product - it's really essential otherwise you won't get the best results from this foundation. It's a short stubby stippling brush, the brush and the 4 in 1 go hand in hand there's no doubt about it..

Purminerals also make a lovely primer product which works beautifully with this foundation - I purchase the green one which helps with any redness and slight pigmentation before I apply the 4 in 1. However saying that, the 4 in 1 on it's own does a pretty good job of covering what I need to and evening out my skin tone.
I find it controls my oiliness, it warms to my skin very quickly and looks natural. I am conscious that it's there however, I don't feel like I'm wearing heavy make up as I'm not, this product gives good coverage and lasts all day. I also find it quick and easy to use - I have been using it for a couple of years now so I can apply this stuff with my eyes closed, it's very user-friendly. I moisturize my cleansed face before I apply. This product glides on effortlessly, it's just great!

It's only available in Australia through a home shopping TV network and it often sells out so I get mine mainly shipped from the states via eBay or through Purminerals direct, I always make sure that I have a back-up as I would not want to be without this.

I think that it is well priced and it lasts a long time. The packaging is handy and convenient to both work with and travel with. The sponge that comes with the 4 in 1 is just for touch ups - I would not recommend that you apply the product with this sponge, as previously mentioned you need the brush.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by laSheyla

I love this product! I have tried every make-up under the sun (which means i have been dissapointed many a time) and this is by far the best for my skin. I have combination/acne prone skin and have mainly used heavy liquid foundations in order to cover acne/acne scars. Never have I thought that a powder would do the trick, and I don't even use much of it. I use a bit of concealer on any spots i have on my face and finish off with the pressed poweder and voila! Flawless skin! I also use the pur minerals blush occasionally and like it also. Thumbs up from me :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by autumnlee33

my everyday foundation
IMO its way better than bare minerals
has great medium coverage gets rid of redness and is not cakey!
i have dry combo skin and it works great if used on top of a moisturizer dry patches will not show through
since it is pressed there is no mess like loose powders
this has lasted me over 8 months and i use it atleast 4 times a week
also its great for travel
have 2 backups and will keep buying again and again!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by XenaNg

This is the one foundation that works quickly and effectively for me. However, it does contain parabens for those who are cautious about that.

I have it in Golden Medium, and it took me a while to get a full coverage out of it. The only brush that I fend to work with this product is the Pur Minerals brush. I buff in the product to cover even my worst scars and break outs. I can use this foundation alone to cover all of that, but I have not tried it on my undereyes simply because I can't run the risk of drying or damaging my undereye skin.

When I top this with my Dream Matte from Maybelline, I can go without being shiny for around 8 hours. As a warning, this does cling to dry skin and sometimes even fine lines that I have around my mouth, so be sure to moisturize.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by josephinegarcia210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Thiis prodect i used for a good 2 years i have very oily skin there for i need to wear makeup. This covered my acne scars really well i was so suprised and stayed on all day and i live in texas so it with stood the heat ,this is by far the best powder i have tried , even with my primer it made it last allmost a whole day. this product is good for a day wear when liquid makeup is just to much. I would most definetly re purchase product the only reason why i switched was for the cargo blue ray powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by rain7608

It is expensive. but it did the job. good color match( golden medium), no skin issue(I do want to point out that it contain Bisuth, some people might allergc to), good coverage, just expensive. but I stock up with the BOGO in aug, should last me a while :-)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2012 3:36:00 PM More reviews by fukyou

not very good makeup & lousy customer service. Why bother to accept such terms, shop elsewhere!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by xtasteofimpact

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this consistently for a year with good results, then my skin started getting really shiny after using it.