September 18, 2014 | 1719 users online

Concealers - rms beauty - "Un" Cover-Up

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2013 6:53:00 AM More reviews by FloraGreen

I bought this after is was raved about in the book 'No More Dirty Looks'. It is an amazing product, goes on so easily and covers marks, blemishes - everything! I never thought that such a green product could be such high quality.

I will never go back to 'dirty' make up again!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by pequenalucy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The first time I saw it I thought it was too subtle to cover the undereye area but it's definitely not! It covers my undereye circles (I have it in shade 11) giving a nice glowy effect. It doesn't emphasize my fine lines at all, on the contrary it gives a fresh and luminous look. I use it as eye primer too and it works (it never creases!). I find it great for the eyes area but not so effective in covering redness. I'll buy it again because nothing beats it in covering undereye circles!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 11:25:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkyannonymous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Natural or not, this has become my favourite under eye concealer and the one that I reach for almost everyday. I love the ease with which it applies; I warm it up a bit with my finger and then pat it under my eyes and it literally melts right into my skin. It's smooth and moisturizing and leaves a subtly dewy finish that I find very flattering. As this is not just meant for under eyes, I have also attempted to use it as a face concealer (around my nose, on blemishes, etc.) but, for my skin (which tends to get oily/shiny, especially as the day progresses) I don't find this to be spectacular; if you have dry skin, it will probably work beautifully all over, but if I decide to use it on different areas of my face I usually need to apply a bit of powder all over my skin to keep things from getting greasy. This still gets top marks from me because I was quite the concealer junkie in the past, and this has slowly made it into my everyday routine as my go-to under eye concealer and the fact that I've been using the same pot for an entire year and haven't even been tempted to try a different concealer should speak volumes.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2013 5:08:00 PM More reviews by akhurdajian

I love the short, simple and green ingredient list. I also love the way this melts into your skin, but after a while my skin is like an oil slick, primarily in the t-zone. I've tried not using my normal moisturizer underneath and just using my sunblock with this on top and still no luck. I have to touch up my skin with powder every 1-2 hours which is way too frequent.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Snaggletooth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product should by rights be one of my favorites, but I find it immensely frustrating. I love the simple natural ingredients, lack of fragrance, highly-pigmented creamy texture, all that stuff. It looks beautifully natural and sets well with powder. However, it costs a bundle for a reeeeelly small form factor, and I just can't hack it.
I mean, it's a multipurpose concealer. It's supposed to be a go-to product that you can use all the time--to cover up, or sheered out as foundation, etc. A little does go a fair way, but you can only stretch a product like this so far without sacrificing all the texture and pigment balance that make it great. When I use the amount that makes it really effective and versatile, my brain screams at me about how much money I'm putting on my face.
If this were in a bigger container for the price, *especially* if it were in a big, easy to use, twist-up stick like the Nobara foundation/concealer from Shu Uemura, then it would rapidly become my favorite makeup. Right now, if you're going to spend a boatload on a creamy, solid concealer, get that Nobara. I'll enjoy using up this RMS pot but not buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2013 6:38:00 AM More reviews by Bellarenee1994

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is pretty crap for what you get. It is about the size of a lipbalm, if not smaller. I had really high hopes as it was all 'organic'. So, i assumed it would be really great on my skin to spot treat blemishes and under eye circles.

It was really heavy, oily and a little bit irritating. I don't have sensitive skin. I think that the price should really be lowered. i also think the packaging isn't great. i think it needs an applicator or a pump to make it cleaner like other brands.

Overall, not impressed.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by cali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the concept of this all natural product but I found it lacking in performance. It is very thick and I could never get it to look dewey on my normal/dryish skin (even though I had heavy weleda creams on underneath). Also, it seemed to dry my skin more and make it itch. I do have sensitive skin, but many products dont make me itch like this did. I dont feel I am overly sensitive to Coconut oil (internal or external) so I am guessing it is the high percentage of Castor oil that might be the culprit. Castor oil is the second ingredient and what makes it so thick.

I did like the colors even though color range is limited, they offer true skin colors that could work for lots of people. But they all tend to lean warm/golden so if you have true pink undertones than this prob will not work for you. It does cover redness, blotchiness and general discoloration. I could not get it to cover my darker brown freckles though and had to go back in with Hard Candy Glamoflauge concealer. Applying it with a damp sponge worked ok as did applying it with a real tehniques brush, but I can see that this is really meant to be applied with fingers so the heat warms it up. For me, I hate using my fingers and thats why I find it lacking in performance and versatility.

I will not purchase this again because of the dryness & itchiness issues. I have searched high and low for a natural foundation (no parabens, no phenoxyethanol, no synthetics, no talc, no gluten, no bismuth oxychloride, no boron nitride, etc.) and so far the best I have found is Earth's Beauty Revitalizing Cream Foundation. (have already tried and didnt like Nvey Eco, Zosimos, Logona, Erzulie, Jane Iredale and more) Earths Beauty has more color choices and more "slip" while still oferring good coverage. If you dont like RMS than definitely check out Eath's Beauty.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by sephoranut

I had really high hopes for this one but Im not in love. Ive been using this for about 3 months. My skin is on the dry side plus its winter in New England. This comes in a very small glass container. A little product does go along way but its kind of difficult to blend. Unfortunately you will still need a separate concealer for any redness. This is kind of like the coverage of a tinted moisturizer. Not recommeded for oily skin since coconut oil is the main ingredient.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by sawmakeup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just got this a few days ago, and like a lot of cream products, I believe there is a learning curve to the product.
Day 1; tried as an undereye concealer. It was weirdly hard to apply and dragged. I had not applied eye cream before because this was supposedly so moisturizing, but that was a mistake. I next put some Smashbox concealer on top, and it just got more cakey and awful. Had to go drop off son at school, so decided to try again later.
Later on Day 1: applied eye cream and smeared off makeup under eyes. Waited a while and then reapplied uncover. Did better than the first time, but still had to add a bit of Smashbox concealer near my nose. Put some silica powder on top to take down the shine. Does have a bit of shine to it if you don't.
Day 2: Put on moisturizer first. Put on uncover under eyes and on nose and cheeks this time. Tacky finish, but kept working it in. Nice match to skintone. Still added some Revlon stick concealer at the very edges of dark circles and some powder on top, but WOW! My dark circles disappeared! Did not cake at all the entire day.
Day 3: Same routine as day 2. Remarkable results. I'm used to using 2 products to conceal my undereyes, and I was hoping to use just 1, but the results are so good, I'm not minding so much.

I have oily skin, but this is not making me more shiny on my cheeks. The tacky feeling is gone with some powder on top. It doesn't look like makeup. I've realized I've been using a concealer that is too light and makes my undereye circles look too white. This concealer is darker than what I used to use, but the color is much better. Nice to know!

I'm concerned that it will make me breakout over time. Will update if it does. I think when this is running out, I'll try Vapour next just to see if it's better, but for now, I'm satisfied with this. Like others wrote, I get tired of mineral powders and I like cream concealers.

Update: I think it was starting to make me break out after 4 days, so I stopped using it. Also, on day 4, I had some ruddiness by my nose that it just did not cover. Since that's what it's supposed to be for, I don't see the point of using it. It's not so easy to use. I gave it to my mother who is older and has dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by phoebeweatherfield

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think this is a great concealer. I'm pretty pale (NC15/Bobbi Brown Alabaster), and shade 11 blends nicely with my skin tone. I mostly use it to cover acne, and for that reason I appreciate that it's low on the weird chemicals, because it doesn't irritate the skin I'm trying to conceal. For what it's worth, I've never reacted poorly to the coconut oil in it, though I've never used it as all-over foundation. I don't use it as undereye concealer, but I once loaned it to a friend who needed something to cover dark circles in a pinch, and she really liked it. I actually broke the last pot I had by dropping it into my nice hard porcelain sink--this is the downside to glass packaging--and was just too lazy to go to the trouble of getting another one, but I'm planning on repurchasing once my current concealer runs out.