December 18, 2014 | 1631 users online

Concealers - rms beauty - "Un" Cover-Up

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by crmelody

UPDATE: For those of you looking for a great under eye concealer, definitely try Silk Naturals under eye powder one! I was floored by the quality, and it is so cheap. It's eco. Literally only downside is that it is a loose powder. It covers so well and looks so natural. It is a staple in my routine now. (Also, there are samples.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This did not work for me at all. I am a huge fan of the RMS line, and now I own the un-coverup, the luminizer, a lip2cheek, and a gloss. Samples of the lip balm, shadows, and other lip colors are on its way as I write this. Needless to say, I was extremely excited to get this in the mail. Some people that didn't even like the Luminizer (which I love), loved this.

I'm a Light-Medium person, usu picking shade Light in makeup brands with limited shades, MUFE in N125, MAC face and body in c2. I went with 22.

I have acne-prone skin, so I knew that I could not use it anywhere on my face aside from my under eye area. The coconut oil will definitely break me out, and I know this because I can't put my Luminizer under my lower lip, for instance.

My under eye area is not that bad since I don't suffer from a lack of sleep, heavy tanning, or stress. I'm young also - 22. My under eye area is pretty healthy looking, but I did want something to lighten and brighten it since shadows can pick up on it the wrong way. So my main reason for this was to add a healthy glow, deflect light a little maybe, and just aid in a dewy, radiant complexion. Also, I'm a sucker for eco-friendly products, especially ones that get a lot of attention.

Upon opening it, my initial reaction was packaging was chic as usual. It may not be practical (the packaging), but it makes the products stick out to me and makes the whole line feel special to me.

Consistency is nice. Then when I started to blend it under my eye with my finger, it just kept caking, but it wasn't really lightening any of the shadow/darkness. It's a barely there coverage, but it still cakes in the crease under your eye (up until then I didn't even know I had a crease under my eye lol). It eventually dissipates into your skin, but the result is not noticeable and eyeliner is hard to apply thereafter. It definitely doesn't do anything to counteract the darkness in the area, not better than a highlight would do.

Someone pointed out that the scent is like leftover Thanksgiving dinner. That is exactly what this smells like, though you don't notice it all the way by your eye (but on your finger tips). I don't mind the smell so much because a fragrance would make it less eco-friendly.

My end opinion is that if you're going to use this as an under eye concealer, it will not work unless the tone is a color you already want. If your skin is pretty great (in tone) and doesn't break out with coconut oil, you could use it as an all-over glow type of thing and put the upowder up on top. Unfortunately, I can't use it all over my face. It went back. I recommend for people with similar needs as mine to just use an eye cream or even just a moisturizing oil by the eye, maybe use something with a subtle shimmer like Origins Ginzing eye cream to deflect the shadows. It will do more than this can. This is for people with even skin tone, no noticeable flaws, for those that just want a pick-me-up.

Pros: consistency, packaging, ingredients
Cons: smell, crease-ability, extremely sheer coverage, not good for under eye, price

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by cairn_chick

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Over my 50+ years, I've tried many concealers. I have to use concealer because I've got dark circles under my eyes. I was hesitant to purchase this at first, but I'm glad I did! I LOVE it. It is the concealer I reach for over and over. I'm so appreciative that it is organic and contains coconut oil, which is great for skin. It has a dewy finish and does not sit in my fine lines. I also use it to cover the worst of the redness on my cheeks! If you have oily skin, it may not be for you, but if you have normal or dry skin, it is a dream. So good to have such a great green product that does what it says! Thank you RMS.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2013 3:33:00 AM More reviews by claudiacrause

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using the Jane Iredale 'disappear' concealer and recently tried a sample of Un-Cover Up in 22 and I love it. I like that it is thick and can be used to cover blemishes without much foundation over the top. Initially the thickness of it bothered me but after using it a few times I got used to spreading it properly and I have come to like it. I have used it in conjunction with the Un-powder and it gives a nice glow to my skin. I am trying to cut down on the amount of products I use and so this is a good allrounder in that you can use it as a concealer for blemishes and under eyes and it is good enough to use on its own if you dont feel like 'putting your face on' so to speak.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2013 6:53:00 AM More reviews by FloraGreen

I bought this after is was raved about in the book 'No More Dirty Looks'. It is an amazing product, goes on so easily and covers marks, blemishes - everything! I never thought that such a green product could be such high quality.

I will never go back to 'dirty' make up again!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by pequenalucy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The first time I saw it I thought it was too subtle to cover the undereye area but it's definitely not! It covers my undereye circles (I have it in shade 11) giving a nice glowy effect. It doesn't emphasize my fine lines at all, on the contrary it gives a fresh and luminous look. I use it as eye primer too and it works (it never creases!). I find it great for the eyes area but not so effective in covering redness. I'll buy it again because nothing beats it in covering undereye circles!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 11:25:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkyannonymous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Natural or not, this has become my favourite under eye concealer and the one that I reach for almost everyday. I love the ease with which it applies; I warm it up a bit with my finger and then pat it under my eyes and it literally melts right into my skin. It's smooth and moisturizing and leaves a subtly dewy finish that I find very flattering. As this is not just meant for under eyes, I have also attempted to use it as a face concealer (around my nose, on blemishes, etc.) but, for my skin (which tends to get oily/shiny, especially as the day progresses) I don't find this to be spectacular; if you have dry skin, it will probably work beautifully all over, but if I decide to use it on different areas of my face I usually need to apply a bit of powder all over my skin to keep things from getting greasy. This still gets top marks from me because I was quite the concealer junkie in the past, and this has slowly made it into my everyday routine as my go-to under eye concealer and the fact that I've been using the same pot for an entire year and haven't even been tempted to try a different concealer should speak volumes.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2013 5:08:00 PM More reviews by akhurdajian

I love the short, simple and green ingredient list. I also love the way this melts into your skin, but after a while my skin is like an oil slick, primarily in the t-zone. I've tried not using my normal moisturizer underneath and just using my sunblock with this on top and still no luck. I have to touch up my skin with powder every 1-2 hours which is way too frequent.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Snaggletooth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product should by rights be one of my favorites, but I find it immensely frustrating. I love the simple natural ingredients, lack of fragrance, highly-pigmented creamy texture, all that stuff. It looks beautifully natural and sets well with powder. However, it costs a bundle for a reeeeelly small form factor, and I just can't hack it.
I mean, it's a multipurpose concealer. It's supposed to be a go-to product that you can use all the time--to cover up, or sheered out as foundation, etc. A little does go a fair way, but you can only stretch a product like this so far without sacrificing all the texture and pigment balance that make it great. When I use the amount that makes it really effective and versatile, my brain screams at me about how much money I'm putting on my face.
If this were in a bigger container for the price, *especially* if it were in a big, easy to use, twist-up stick like the Nobara foundation/concealer from Shu Uemura, then it would rapidly become my favorite makeup. Right now, if you're going to spend a boatload on a creamy, solid concealer, get that Nobara. I'll enjoy using up this RMS pot but not buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2013 6:38:00 AM More reviews by Bellarenee1994

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is pretty crap for what you get. It is about the size of a lipbalm, if not smaller. I had really high hopes as it was all 'organic'. So, i assumed it would be really great on my skin to spot treat blemishes and under eye circles.

It was really heavy, oily and a little bit irritating. I don't have sensitive skin. I think that the price should really be lowered. i also think the packaging isn't great. i think it needs an applicator or a pump to make it cleaner like other brands.

Overall, not impressed.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by cali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the concept of this all natural product but I found it lacking in performance. It is very thick and I could never get it to look dewey on my normal/dryish skin (even though I had heavy weleda creams on underneath). Also, it seemed to dry my skin more and make it itch. I do have sensitive skin, but many products dont make me itch like this did. I dont feel I am overly sensitive to Coconut oil (internal or external) so I am guessing it is the high percentage of Castor oil that might be the culprit. Castor oil is the second ingredient and what makes it so thick.

I did like the colors even though color range is limited, they offer true skin colors that could work for lots of people. But they all tend to lean warm/golden so if you have true pink undertones than this prob will not work for you. It does cover redness, blotchiness and general discoloration. I could not get it to cover my darker brown freckles though and had to go back in with Hard Candy Glamoflauge concealer. Applying it with a damp sponge worked ok as did applying it with a real tehniques brush, but I can see that this is really meant to be applied with fingers so the heat warms it up. For me, I hate using my fingers and thats why I find it lacking in performance and versatility.

I will not purchase this again because of the dryness & itchiness issues. I have searched high and low for a natural foundation (no parabens, no phenoxyethanol, no synthetics, no talc, no gluten, no bismuth oxychloride, no boron nitride, etc.) and so far the best I have found is Earth's Beauty Revitalizing Cream Foundation. (have already tried and didnt like Nvey Eco, Zosimos, Logona, Erzulie, Jane Iredale and more) Earths Beauty has more color choices and more "slip" while still oferring good coverage. If you dont like RMS than definitely check out Eath's Beauty.