April 24, 2014 | 2039 users online

Concealers - rms beauty - "Un" Cover-Up

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Snaggletooth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product should by rights be one of my favorites, but I find it immensely frustrating. I love the simple natural ingredients, lack of fragrance, highly-pigmented creamy texture, all that stuff. It looks beautifully natural and sets well with powder. However, it costs a bundle for a reeeeelly small form factor, and I just can't hack it.
I mean, it's a multipurpose concealer. It's supposed to be a go-to product that you can use all the time--to cover up, or sheered out as foundation, etc. A little does go a fair way, but you can only stretch a product like this so far without sacrificing all the texture and pigment balance that make it great. When I use the amount that makes it really effective and versatile, my brain screams at me about how much money I'm putting on my face.
If this were in a bigger container for the price, *especially* if it were in a big, easy to use, twist-up stick like the Nobara foundation/concealer from Shu Uemura, then it would rapidly become my favorite makeup. Right now, if you're going to spend a boatload on a creamy, solid concealer, get that Nobara. I'll enjoy using up this RMS pot but not buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2013 6:38:00 AM More reviews by Bellarenee1994

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is pretty crap for what you get. It is about the size of a lipbalm, if not smaller. I had really high hopes as it was all 'organic'. So, i assumed it would be really great on my skin to spot treat blemishes and under eye circles.

It was really heavy, oily and a little bit irritating. I don't have sensitive skin. I think that the price should really be lowered. i also think the packaging isn't great. i think it needs an applicator or a pump to make it cleaner like other brands.

Overall, not impressed.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by cali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the concept of this all natural product but I found it lacking in performance. It is very thick and I could never get it to look dewey on my normal/dryish skin (even though I had heavy weleda creams on underneath). Also, it seemed to dry my skin more and make it itch. I do have sensitive skin, but many products dont make me itch like this did. I dont feel I am overly sensitive to Coconut oil (internal or external) so I am guessing it is the high percentage of Castor oil that might be the culprit. Castor oil is the second ingredient and what makes it so thick.

I did like the colors even though color range is limited, they offer true skin colors that could work for lots of people. But they all tend to lean warm/golden so if you have true pink undertones than this prob will not work for you. It does cover redness, blotchiness and general discoloration. I could not get it to cover my darker brown freckles though and had to go back in with Hard Candy Glamoflauge concealer. Applying it with a damp sponge worked ok as did applying it with a real tehniques brush, but I can see that this is really meant to be applied with fingers so the heat warms it up. For me, I hate using my fingers and thats why I find it lacking in performance and versatility.

I will not purchase this again because of the dryness & itchiness issues. I have searched high and low for a natural foundation (no parabens, no phenoxyethanol, no synthetics, no talc, no gluten, no bismuth oxychloride, no boron nitride, etc.) and so far the best I have found is Earth's Beauty Revitalizing Cream Foundation. (have already tried and didnt like Nvey Eco, Zosimos, Logona, Erzulie, Jane Iredale and more) Earths Beauty has more color choices and more "slip" while still oferring good coverage. If you dont like RMS than definitely check out Eath's Beauty.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by sephoranut

I had really high hopes for this one but Im not in love. Ive been using this for about 3 months. My skin is on the dry side plus its winter in New England. This comes in a very small glass container. A little product does go along way but its kind of difficult to blend. Unfortunately you will still need a separate concealer for any redness. This is kind of like the coverage of a tinted moisturizer. Not recommeded for oily skin since coconut oil is the main ingredient.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by sawmakeup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just got this a few days ago, and like a lot of cream products, I believe there is a learning curve to the product.
Day 1; tried as an undereye concealer. It was weirdly hard to apply and dragged. I had not applied eye cream before because this was supposedly so moisturizing, but that was a mistake. I next put some Smashbox concealer on top, and it just got more cakey and awful. Had to go drop off son at school, so decided to try again later.
Later on Day 1: applied eye cream and smeared off makeup under eyes. Waited a while and then reapplied uncover. Did better than the first time, but still had to add a bit of Smashbox concealer near my nose. Put some silica powder on top to take down the shine. Does have a bit of shine to it if you don't.
Day 2: Put on moisturizer first. Put on uncover under eyes and on nose and cheeks this time. Tacky finish, but kept working it in. Nice match to skintone. Still added some Revlon stick concealer at the very edges of dark circles and some powder on top, but WOW! My dark circles disappeared! Did not cake at all the entire day.
Day 3: Same routine as day 2. Remarkable results. I'm used to using 2 products to conceal my undereyes, and I was hoping to use just 1, but the results are so good, I'm not minding so much.

I have oily skin, but this is not making me more shiny on my cheeks. The tacky feeling is gone with some powder on top. It doesn't look like makeup. I've realized I've been using a concealer that is too light and makes my undereye circles look too white. This concealer is darker than what I used to use, but the color is much better. Nice to know!

I'm concerned that it will make me breakout over time. Will update if it does. I think when this is running out, I'll try Vapour next just to see if it's better, but for now, I'm satisfied with this. Like others wrote, I get tired of mineral powders and I like cream concealers.

Update: I think it was starting to make me break out after 4 days, so I stopped using it. Also, on day 4, I had some ruddiness by my nose that it just did not cover. Since that's what it's supposed to be for, I don't see the point of using it. It's not so easy to use. I gave it to my mother who is older and has dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by phoebeweatherfield

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think this is a great concealer. I'm pretty pale (NC15/Bobbi Brown Alabaster), and shade 11 blends nicely with my skin tone. I mostly use it to cover acne, and for that reason I appreciate that it's low on the weird chemicals, because it doesn't irritate the skin I'm trying to conceal. For what it's worth, I've never reacted poorly to the coconut oil in it, though I've never used it as all-over foundation. I don't use it as undereye concealer, but I once loaned it to a friend who needed something to cover dark circles in a pinch, and she really liked it. I actually broke the last pot I had by dropping it into my nice hard porcelain sink--this is the downside to glass packaging--and was just too lazy to go to the trouble of getting another one, but I'm planning on repurchasing once my current concealer runs out.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2012 3:12:00 AM More reviews by mo98103

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Gross - everyone I know that has tried this product, dry, oily, young, middle aged, wrinkled, smooth, they all hate it.
Nothing but hype. This made my 70 year old mother break out UNDER HER EYE. Stop shoving coconut oil down our throats - this whole line of products sucks, except the lip balm, but anyone can make lip balm, so...not impressed.

Ready for the next over-hyped expensive trend now.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by karenahn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use no. 11 in the winter and a mix of no. 11 and 22 in the summer. I rub three fingers across the surface and pat my fingers very lightly across my entire face to blend, since I hate heavy makeup. I dab a little more on areas that need extra coverage. This stuff covers everything from zits to undereye circles and evens out skin tone, all without looking mask-y or made-up. I then set with some mineral makeup and a silica dusting powder from Coastal Scents. The most amazing thing is that this then lasts me ALL DAY, even though I'm so oily-skinned I get shiny forty-five minutes after I wash my face. It's even lasted in 95-degree and humid weather. The best part is when I take it off, my skin actually looks better. This stuff is like wearing a treatment all day.

Also, I get cystic acne right before and after my period, but this stuff doesn't aggravate it and even helps existing zits heal, in my opinion.

That having been said, skin is so individual. What works for me won't work at all for you. But I love that this is stuff is all organic, biodegradable, and contains ingredients that are good for your skin (and that there are maybe eight ingredients total). The key for anyone who isn't super dry-skinned, if they want to try this, is to set it with powder.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by papermenagerie

The two concealers I currently own are both pot concealers: RMS "un" cover-up in shade 22 and Shu Uemura "pro gel" concealer in medium-light beige.

Right now I am loving RMS' "un" cover-up. It has a much lighter formula than Shu's gel concealer (which can get goopy) but still provides a lot of coverage. I use concealer primarily for my under-eye area, and so I don't like a lot of heavy product.

Smell-wise, I can see how some people find the RMS smell a bit off-putting. Compared to my Shu concealer, which has a pleasantly light, sweet (makeup-y) smell, the RMS concealer smells like, well, oil. And that's because (d'oh) it has an all-natural oil base and no fragrance. I'd rather "deal" with the smell (which is, honestly, non-existant unless you stick your face right up to the pot) than be putting extra chemically fragrances on my face.

As for ingredients, this concealer has one of the cleanest, shortest list I've seen.

I do love the packaging. It's not unhygienic as long as you wash your hands/ use clean brushes whenever you use it. It's also convenient for carrying around. I subtracted one star on Packaging Quality because mine came chipped (the lid is a wee bit chipped but not noticeably so). I love the frosted glass pot.

I have had zero problems with feeling greasy or losing coverage. Maybe people who do aren't setting this with powder.

Definitely give this product a try. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 2:40:00 AM More reviews by Nada12

I like this concealer. It's all natural and doesn't irritate. It goes on smoothly (suprisingly as there are no silicones in it) and gives a nice glowy finish. It's never cakey looking. It contains raw oil coconut oil and that's how it smells.