November 24, 2014 | 1713 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Palette - Greed [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2011 8:20:00 AM More reviews by loveali

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This looks like such a gorgeous palette, but there are a few disappointments.
    The black matte shade is chalky but you can still work with it, the sparkly peach shade and the silver/blue are barely noticeable on my pale skin and the matte cream colour barely shows on my skin. The black sparkly, matte peach, matte cream and matte black are very pigmented though. I'm not quite sure if I like it or not. It's just hard to work with and that silver/blue looks like it was mistakenly added to the palette.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by FangBanger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Please tell me why I've been shelling out money on pricier eyeshadows when these palettes exist. I mean, seriously! The pigmentation is amazing, especially in the matte colors and the glittery black one. I love the texture; these are quite easy to blend. I haven't used an eyeshadow without a primer in years (I use MAC's Painterly paint pot) so I can't really attest to how long they'd last on their own, but I'm willing to bet it would be a good while. Honestly, I'm using Greed more than any other palette I own. It's got everything I want: the peachy neutral colors, the dark dramatic charcoal/blacks... love it. My eyes are green with grey and yellow flecks and I use all the colors in this selection.

The only qualm I have with Wet 'n' Wild is the fact that their products are made in China and then shipped back here. I don't mean to sound ridiculous, because that keeps the costs down, but it makes me wonder about their business ethics. It's like companies that have their cosmetics made in Mexico. I have to wonder how we're benefiting from a $4.99 palette of six gorgeous eyeshadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 10:02:00 AM More reviews by margirl23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I reach for this palette whenever i want a dramatic, smoky eye. I cannot say enough how lovely these wnw shadows feel and how they go on smoothly. Love how the left side of the palette is matte, the right side is shimmery. So many looks can be created with this simple palette. The darkest color on the bottom left, i've used also as eyeliner on my upper lid, smudged a bit...it's just perfection. cannot go wrong with this one. I bought it specifically for a dramatic, sexy, night-time, and it certainly delivers. Superb quality for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2011 3:03:00 PM More reviews by lisafour99

OMG....... i LOVE this palette!!!!! its amazingly pigmented! the shadows are so smooth and this has a great selection of matte and shimmer colors. and best of all i love that there are so many mac dupes in here. i really just love the color icon palettes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2011 7:32:00 PM More reviews by haidehh

For some reason i never seem to reach for this palette. But the quality is not bad

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 12:58:00 AM More reviews by theresadactyl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not the best color icon palette, but I'm still very satisfied with it. I only use the left side and couldn't be happier. I use the matte peach as a nice warm wash of color underneath neutral eye makeup. The black is great to set liner with.. I use this every day for these purposes. The top one on the left side is a beautiful highlight. I didn't like the pigmentation of the denim one at all.. Overall, I'd repurchase just for the left side. Yay, Wet 'n' Wild.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by seroled

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this months ago and just pulled it out today. Used the shimmer side. Put the lilac on my lid, black on outer v and peach on brow bone. Loved this simple to achieve look.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2011 9:22:00 PM More reviews by annieface

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

for some reason, i always thought this was the prettiest of the 6-pan coloricon palettes. when i got it, i realized the colors really aren't very pigmented at all, especially in comparison to the vanity palette. these colors also aren't as wearable, though the matte peach and matte black are gorgeous! i wouldn't buy this again though because i don't think i'll ever hit pan on any of these colors because i honestly don't reach for this palette that often.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2011 11:50:00 PM More reviews by AndreaReneeXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this for $4.99 CAD at Zellers. My FAVORITE shadow in this palette is by far the matte peach colour, I've been so obsessed with it lately.
    The light matte colours are great, creamy and pigmented. The matte black is less pigmented and chalky. The shimmery silver is super chalky, hardly pigmented and has lots of gold shimmer.
    The shimmery peach is also hardly pigmented with gold shimmer, but it isn't chalky. And lastly the shimmer black shadow is more pigmented than the matte one, buuut it's still chalky.
    The shimmer shadows in this palette are the first eyeshadows I've been disappointed in from Wet N Wild, but the matte ones make up for it.
    I'd recommend using a primer for these, and applying the shimmer shadows wet.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

My favorite so far of the "seven deadly" WNW palates. The colors work so well together. They have experts pairing these colors, I'm sure. I would never really come up with putting the purple/pink combo they have in here by myself but it works and works well. This tends to be my Friday night eyeshadow sextette!