Philosophy Miracle Worker Miraculous Anti-Aging Moisturizer

3.6

Active Ingredient: Reservatrol: Provides antioxidant benefits to help soothe, calm, and protect skin against environmental attack. 2 oz: Water/Aqua/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Behenyl Alcohol, Propanediol, Resveratrol, Hexyldecanol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Glutathione, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Oil, Bisabolol, Stearic Acid, Cetylhydroxyproline Palmitamide, Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Sterols, Beta-Glucan, Butylene Glycol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Benzyl Alcohol, Arginine, Polysorbate 20, Tetrapeptide-21, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Disodium Edta. -,

on 2/5/2012 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

If you have sensitive acne prone skin do not buy this. Not only does it feel greasy when applied it will also clog your pores. It might be ok for someone who has never had breakouts or skin issues.

on 12/23/2011 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I got a sample of this and fell in love. Its really too bad that it's expensive. It smells great as well. Great for dry skin and in the winter months.

on 11/29/2011 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm looking for a replacement for my vanished regular moisturizer (Aveda Green Science, which no one but me seems to love much) and this is one of the things I tried. I prefer (well, require) moisturizers without sunscreen, since I react to chemical sunscreens, and always use a separate tried-and-true sunscreen over the hydrator of the day.

Pros:
didn't cause breakouts or irritation on my annoyingly sensitive skin

Cons:
Looks and smells like acrylic paint medium
Doesn't do anything special in terms of either moisturizing, or any of the theoretical "anti-aging" properties
Leaves my skin shiny and slightly sticky
Seemed to make my pores larger and more prominent, and my skin generally coarser after using it for a couple of weeks (since I haven't changed anything else about my routine, presumably this is the cause)
In a jar, and the sloppy texture is particularly unappealing, therein

Probably won't be finishing this jar (there goes another fifty bucks) and certainly won't be buying another. The search continues!

on 11/21/2011 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

When I first got this, I thought it felt waaaaay too heavy and mask-y to use at all. Then came the cooler, drier weather. My face started getting a lot drier and needed something *extra*. This will be my cold-weather moisturizer from now on. It's thick, creamy, and makes my dried-out, winter-rough skin feel like satin. I LOOOVE this, and wish it didn't cost so damned much, as it's like crack, and now I can't be without it! LOL My only other gripe is that the packaging sucks. I hate having to scoop any product out of a tub. (Can you say unsanitary??) Wish they'd put it in a pump grrrrr...Anyway, awesome for drier skin and colder weather. Love it muchly!

on 11/13/2011 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I initially purchased this based on the reviews at Sephora online. I thought to myself, if women that are 50 something are seeing results then it will be great for my 20 something skin. I have used this moisturizer religiously for almost 2 years. Just the other day I started to notice the increased appearance of wrinkles in my forehead area. I went out and purchased some Neutrogena anti-wrinkle cream with the tiniest amount of retinol in it and within a week...they were almost completely gone. I thought to myself, wait a minute, I thought this cream was suppose to have anti-aging properties within the formula?! Guess not. The moisturizer itself is great, non-silicone based so it goes great under any foundation, and lasts (only need a small amount to go a long way). However, I was mainly relying that it was a great moisturizer as well as anti-aging properties; turns out this claim is not true in my experience. Spending $9 at Walmart actually got me further than this $60 cream. I won't be repurchasing!

on 10/16/2011 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation however I decided I wanna try something different. First day I use this Philosophy Miracle Worker, I woke up in the morning with clear glowing skin, redness and brownish spots diminished and my gigantic pores are significantly smaller. Not oily but glowy. Brightening effect really works. Second day of use, I woke up with still clear skin and smaller pores but I noticed I'm oilier and....bumps all over my forehead!? I washed my face right away. I'm glad I only have a small sample tube. This moisturizer maybe good for very dry skin but definitely not for my combo/oily skin that's prone to clogging. Compared to Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation this is less absorbent. After that first night I used the PMC I noticed that my skin was oilier during the day which never happened to me with OHST. Ole Henriksen absorb quickly and is very good under makeup. It doesn't make me oily even if I use it night and day, doesn't break me out, cause bumps or clog my skin. Instead it gives me a glow like when I was younger. Consistency is almost the same but PMC feels oilier to the touch. Foundation is slippery over PMC because even if it absorb it still remains some oiliness on the skin. OHST absorb to almost like you did not use a moisturizer but just have a smooth normal skin.Both has very very mild scent but I prefer the smell of OHST. I'll just stick to my OHST.

on 10/3/2011 5:05:00 PM

I have a fabulous skincare routine that I am devoted to because it works. That being said, I tried this through a special offering I received, and I did not like it, plain and simple. It made my skin oily and un manageable (I am 46 and still have comb. skin), and had no effect on my wrinkles or fine lines whatsoever. I actually had tried the Philosophy skincare regimen a couple of years ago, and it made me break out badly, and had no redeeming qualities to speak of. I decided to give the line another go with this, and rest assured, I will never purchase another Philosophy product again.

on 8/30/2011 4:16:00 AM

Hmmm....I love Philosophy Purity Cleanser so I thought I would try this out. It is a good moisturiser for dryer, more mature skin. It is a strange consistency - starts like a runny, watery cream but them kind of turns into a gel on the face. I must say, it stung me slightly on application but that soon went. I did not end up with a red face with this and found it very moisturising....however, not sure about the 'anti-aging' claim, I found it did no more than a good quality moisturiser would do. It certainly leaves the skin very smooth.
The only issue is when using it under foundation. This product leaves a kind of 'tacky film' on the face when applied. I found that if I tried to apply foundation over it, because it is tacky the foundation stuck to my face and made it very hard to blend....under foundation I prefer something more 'greasy' so that my foundation kind of slides around, to make it easier to blend. I have dry skin and use a longwear foundation so I need something underneath that is more dewey than matt.
So, my verdict is - good for mature, dry skin. Does not irritate and is good as a night cream. You will be pleased with the results in the morning. Would also be good as a day cream, if you did not apply as much.
However, try this under foundation because it might cause you problems with application.

on 6/2/2011 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a really lovely moisturizer at night time in winter. This spreads easily and leaves a nice soft feeling. I wish this came in a pump pack because I HATE tubs. This is a lovely lovely product. This is a terrific vitamin c treatment moisturizer. I use erno laszlo c10 in summer. But I love this philosophy product. I will definitely repurchase again :)

Love this.

on 4/23/2011 12:39:00 AM

As I've gotten older it seems that my skin is becoming more sensitive. Many products that I've tried lately leave my face red or bumpy - especially anti-aging products. I've decided that the less I use on my face the better off I'll be. This realization led me to a huge search for a really good anti-aging moisturizer.

I was so elated when I found this product. It feels like a cream at first and then feels almost like a gel as you rub it in. Redness and bumps are gone and my skin is so soft, plump and fresh looking.

I may only use it at night once summer is here since it is so moisturizing. I simply love this product.