Philosophy Miracle Worker Miraculous Anti-Aging Moisturizer

3.5

Active Ingredient: Reservatrol: Provides antioxidant benefits to help soothe, calm, and protect skin against environmental attack. 2 oz: Water/Aqua/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Behenyl Alcohol, Propanediol, Resveratrol, Hexyldecanol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Glutathione, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Oil, Bisabolol, Stearic Acid, Cetylhydroxyproline Palmitamide, Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Sterols, Beta-Glucan, Butylene Glycol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Benzyl Alcohol, Arginine, Polysorbate 20, Tetrapeptide-21, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Disodium Edta. -,

I really wanted to like Miracle Worker because I love most Philosphy products, but I was totally "meh" about it.

First, the texture is a little weird. It's very light and whipped, but it has a kind of iridescent sheen that reminded me of old-fashioned diaper cream, and I had trouble getting over that. It's either unscented or has a weird clinical scent- I couldn't quite figure out which. I know an unscented product is good for sensitive skin and is supposed to prove that it's a "serious" cream, but the lack of a nice-ish smell made my evening moisturizing routine a little depressing.

Yes, it moisturizes, but I didn't notice a big difference between Miracle Worker and something like drugstore Olay cream, so I'm going to stick with Philosophy Help Me and their washes but look elsewhere for a moisturizer.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I had a 0.4 oz tube sample of this from Sephora. I was expecting to hate it like all other Philosophy products I have tried, but I actually really liked it! Aside from the scent that kind of bothers me (kind of like cinnamon?), this was a great moisturizer! It was very light and absorbed quickly. It made my skin feel very hydrated and smooth. When I become a little more concerned about wrinkles, I definitely plan on purchasing this.

I love the combo of the pads and the cream. I've been using purity and the micro wash for years, but didn't like any of the hope products. I loved the pads and was looking for more when I saw them offered together on QVC. The night cream is really something- I feel like it smooths and calms my skin, which is very sensitive. I too hate the jar, philosophy needs to make a sanitary container.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

If you have sensitive acne prone skin do not buy this. Not only does it feel greasy when applied it will also clog your pores. It might be ok for someone who has never had breakouts or skin issues.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I got a sample of this and fell in love. Its really too bad that it's expensive. It smells great as well. Great for dry skin and in the winter months.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm looking for a replacement for my vanished regular moisturizer (Aveda Green Science, which no one but me seems to love much) and this is one of the things I tried. I prefer (well, require) moisturizers without sunscreen, since I react to chemical sunscreens, and always use a separate tried-and-true sunscreen over the hydrator of the day.

Pros:
didn't cause breakouts or irritation on my annoyingly sensitive skin

Cons:
Looks and smells like acrylic paint medium
Doesn't do anything special in terms of either moisturizing, or any of the theoretical "anti-aging" properties
Leaves my skin shiny and slightly sticky
Seemed to make my pores larger and more prominent, and my skin generally coarser after using it for a couple of weeks (since I haven't changed anything else about my routine, presumably this is the cause)
In a jar, and the sloppy texture is particularly unappealing, therein

Probably won't be finishing this jar (there goes another fifty bucks) and certainly won't be buying another. The search continues!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

When I first got this, I thought it felt waaaaay too heavy and mask-y to use at all. Then came the cooler, drier weather. My face started getting a lot drier and needed something *extra*. This will be my cold-weather moisturizer from now on. It's thick, creamy, and makes my dried-out, winter-rough skin feel like satin. I LOOOVE this, and wish it didn't cost so damned much, as it's like crack, and now I can't be without it! LOL My only other gripe is that the packaging sucks. I hate having to scoop any product out of a tub. (Can you say unsanitary??) Wish they'd put it in a pump grrrrr...Anyway, awesome for drier skin and colder weather. Love it muchly!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I initially purchased this based on the reviews at Sephora online. I thought to myself, if women that are 50 something are seeing results then it will be great for my 20 something skin. I have used this moisturizer religiously for almost 2 years. Just the other day I started to notice the increased appearance of wrinkles in my forehead area. I went out and purchased some Neutrogena anti-wrinkle cream with the tiniest amount of retinol in it and within a week...they were almost completely gone. I thought to myself, wait a minute, I thought this cream was suppose to have anti-aging properties within the formula?! Guess not. The moisturizer itself is great, non-silicone based so it goes great under any foundation, and lasts (only need a small amount to go a long way). However, I was mainly relying that it was a great moisturizer as well as anti-aging properties; turns out this claim is not true in my experience. Spending $9 at Walmart actually got me further than this $60 cream. I won't be repurchasing!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation however I decided I wanna try something different. First day I use this Philosophy Miracle Worker, I woke up in the morning with clear glowing skin, redness and brownish spots diminished and my gigantic pores are significantly smaller. Not oily but glowy. Brightening effect really works. Second day of use, I woke up with still clear skin and smaller pores but I noticed I'm oilier and....bumps all over my forehead!? I washed my face right away. I'm glad I only have a small sample tube. This moisturizer maybe good for very dry skin but definitely not for my combo/oily skin that's prone to clogging. Compared to Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation this is less absorbent. After that first night I used the PMC I noticed that my skin was oilier during the day which never happened to me with OHST. Ole Henriksen absorb quickly and is very good under makeup. It doesn't make me oily even if I use it night and day, doesn't break me out, cause bumps or clog my skin. Instead it gives me a glow like when I was younger. Consistency is almost the same but PMC feels oilier to the touch. Foundation is slippery over PMC because even if it absorb it still remains some oiliness on the skin. OHST absorb to almost like you did not use a moisturizer but just have a smooth normal skin.Both has very very mild scent but I prefer the smell of OHST. I'll just stick to my OHST.

I have a fabulous skincare routine that I am devoted to because it works. That being said, I tried this through a special offering I received, and I did not like it, plain and simple. It made my skin oily and un manageable (I am 46 and still have comb. skin), and had no effect on my wrinkles or fine lines whatsoever. I actually had tried the Philosophy skincare regimen a couple of years ago, and it made me break out badly, and had no redeeming qualities to speak of. I decided to give the line another go with this, and rest assured, I will never purchase another Philosophy product again.