Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last Lipstick

4.3

on 4/20/2015 7:09:00 AM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

I bought two of these on eBay for £8 when you include postage - they are some of the loveliest cheap lipsticks I own. Having started as a MAC girl, I'm so pleased to realise that high end is often a scam and good things can have smaller profit margins.
I own Raivin' Raisin and Cherry Bomb.

The good: Raivin ' Raisin is one of my favourite lipstick shades! It is The purple for my "dark" skin tone . It's a lovely matte, rich colour formula, and it's really beautiful to wear. Cherry Bomb is very popular as a dupe for other high end's - it is a nice enough lipstick which is true to its shade nicely. And the price and colour options is fantastic!

The indifferent: The packaging is odd - the lipstick cover falls off and the lipstick won't retract.

The bad: the colour doesn't stay on very long - but I'd say staying power is similar to any pharmacy brand, like Rimmel by Kates, Revlon etc.

Overall I would definitely be purchasing these again when I run out - might even try some of the bright oranges for summer!
( Sidenote: make up alley is a bit odd for having skin categories like olive, tan, medium etc, and then following simply with "dark" and " deep dark" - not super helpful).

on 4/19/2015 7:24:00 PM

I tried to give these a chance but no luck. They're way too pigmented and the colors look tacky. Plus these are so drying. Even though they're cheap, they're still not worth my money.

on 4/14/2015 1:42:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Just a word of warning ladies if you carry these around with you. They open and get all over. I have just had to clean out my make-up bag and this is the 2nd time.

Please tape your caps on if you carry them!

Other than that, I really like this lipstick.

on 4/6/2015 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I have several MegaLast shades from the permanent line (Vamp it Up, Red Velvet, Purty Persimmon, Mauve Outta Here, and Cherry Picking). Overall, I'd say I'm a big fan of these. All of them have super intense color payoff and stick around moderately well, even without touchups. I take issue with the packaging, though, which I suppose is sometimes expected with the price point. The lids can come off somewhat easily, and the bullets do not fully retract into the tube, making it very easy to have a mess. Also, since the bullet is round, it's hard to get at the lip lines.

on 4/6/2015 7:57:00 PM

The price can't be beat if you're just looking for something cheap to throw on for a couple hours. These definitely aren't long lasting so don't wear if you are eating/drinking, and remember to throw it in your bag for touch ups. I recommend a lip liner with these lipsticks because it will help with wear time. The formula is pretty decent, I didn't find it to be drying, it was actually a bit hyrating. It didn't cause any cracking, but again, it does wipe off easily. There is a wide wide range of colour to choose from which is nice, and if you're looking to branch out into some bold colours then this is the perfect line to try out.

I bought a bright orange lipstick (something I wanted to try out) and decided I hated it (just the colour). Saved me like $20 of buying a high quality orange just to try. I'm going to buy a purpley colour and some nice bold pinks!

I love all of these with think pink being my least favorite and cinnamon spice and ravin raisin being my favorites. Some are more matte than others some have a shine to them but most are good dupes for mac. Smokin hot pink is a good dupe for all fired up , dollhouse pink a good dupe for saint germain, cinnamon spice a good dupe for diva, cherry bomb is a good dupe for sin, mauve outta here is a slightly lighter dupe for up the amp, bare it all is a good dupe for modesty, cherish and honeylove, spiked with rum is a good dupe for del rio, just peachy is a good dupe for riot house LE from kelly osbourne collection, ravin raisin is a good dupe for smoked purple but its not as dry. Overall good lipsticks and im replacing most of my macs with these im tired of spending so much on lipsticks that no one would know or care if they are mac. The only mac worth investing in is Ruby woo for that one cannot be duplicated in my opinion.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It really did last all day for me, faded a little and went a bit pinkish in certain lighting. Didn't bleed out(I use Red Velvet 910D, which is pretty red) doesn't feel waxy although I would definitely carry some Chapstick with you because it tends to feel dry after a few hours

on 4/1/2015 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My HG lipsticks, no doubt.
Dirt cheap, beautiful matte finish, ridiculously long staying power and rich, brilliant colours - what's not to love?

Although, I should clarify that I only use strongly pigmented matte lipsticks, as my lips are very big and a glossy lipstick makes them look too big, which is why this has quickly become my favourite go to product.
I have the Red Velvet, Stoplight Red and Carrot Gold, absolutely gorgeous shades, and I adore them all!

Stays on for 12 hours +, if applied correctly, without looking wierd and disgusting after a while - like almost every other lipstick I have tried over the years (which is why I had given up on lipstick entirely before finding these).
If you find it to be too dry, as I tend to if my lips are being difficult one day, just add a chopstick or your favourite moisturizer/oil (I use unrefined coconutoil or shea butter) underneath.
It does not transfer as much colour as others if you use a lip brush for application and paper to take off any excess lipstick.

However, I am not a fan of the packaging - when removing the cap, it tends to scrape off some of the lipstick, but this is only an issue in the beginning as the lipstick does not retract all the way down.
Although, for such a low price, who really cares?

My dark, blue-grey eyes and pale complextion looks absolutely smashing with the Carrot Gold (sooted eyes) or Stoplight Red (neutral/pin-up eyes), while the bright red colour of the Red Velvet better suits me when I need something more everyday-ish and less in-your-face.

All in all, I think the results are just amazing, and because they are so cheap (less than 3 £ - and in Norway, that is incredibly cheap), you can buy a ton of different shades and find one just right for you.

on 4/1/2015 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love the way this lipstick looks on my lips. I purchased Cherry Bomb 918D, Stoplight Red 911D, Red Velvet 910D and Smokin' Hot Pink 905D. All of them are gorgeous and vibrant colors and looks amazing on my skin tone! For reference I'm in between NC45 and NC50 in MAC.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Wet Ďní Wild Mega Last Lip Color in the shade 914C Mocha-licious is what some women of color say is a great neutral or nude shade, but itís dark on my NC45 skin. It also has a red tone in my opinion. I wouldnít go as far as to say itís a brick color, but itís definitely not mocha on me. I agree with what I read in the review below me: this is a ďsuper brown Ď90s lipstick.Ē Despite its color, itís flattering & itís one I know Iíll wear daily. The lipstick itself is is creamy, easy to apply, opaque, & it sets semi-matte. These are awesome $2 lipsticks I highly recommend.

Popular Lipsticks