Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last Lipstick

4.3

I love all of these with think pink being my least favorite and cinnamon spice and ravin raisin being my favorites. Some are more matte than others some have a shine to them but most are good dupes for mac. Smokin hot pink is a good dupe for all fired up , dollhouse pink a good dupe for saint germain, cinnamon spice a good dupe for diva, cherry bomb is a good dupe for sin, mauve outta here is a slightly lighter dupe for up the amp, bare it all is a good dupe for modesty, cherish and honeylove, spiked with rum is a good dupe for del rio, just peachy is a good dupe for riot house LE from kelly osbourne collection, ravin raisin is a good dupe for smoked purple but its not as dry. Overall good lipsticks and im replacing most of my macs with these im tired of spending so much on lipsticks that no one would know or care if they are mac. The only mac worth investing in is Ruby woo for that one cannot be duplicated in my opinion.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It really did last all day for me, faded a little and went a bit pinkish in certain lighting. Didn't bleed out(I use Red Velvet 910D, which is pretty red) doesn't feel waxy although I would definitely carry some Chapstick with you because it tends to feel dry after a few hours

on 4/1/2015 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My HG lipsticks, no doubt.
Dirt cheap, beautiful matte finish, ridiculously long staying power and rich, brilliant colours - what's not to love?

Although, I should clarify that I only use strongly pigmented matte lipsticks, as my lips are very big and a glossy lipstick makes them look too big, which is why this has quickly become my favourite go to product.
I have the Red Velvet, Stoplight Red and Carrot Gold, absolutely gorgeous shades, and I adore them all!

Stays on for 12 hours +, if applied correctly, without looking wierd and disgusting after a while - like almost every other lipstick I have tried over the years (which is why I had given up on lipstick entirely before finding these).
If you find it to be too dry, as I tend to if my lips are being difficult one day, just add a chopstick or your favourite moisturizer/oil (I use unrefined coconutoil or shea butter) underneath.
It does not transfer as much colour as others if you use a lip brush for application and paper to take off any excess lipstick.

However, I am not a fan of the packaging - when removing the cap, it tends to scrape off some of the lipstick, but this is only an issue in the beginning as the lipstick does not retract all the way down.
Although, for such a low price, who really cares?

My dark, blue-grey eyes and pale complextion looks absolutely smashing with the Carrot Gold (sooted eyes) or Stoplight Red (neutral/pin-up eyes), while the bright red colour of the Red Velvet better suits me when I need something more everyday-ish and less in-your-face.

All in all, I think the results are just amazing, and because they are so cheap (less than 3 £ - and in Norway, that is incredibly cheap), you can buy a ton of different shades and find one just right for you.

on 4/1/2015 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love the way this lipstick looks on my lips. I purchased Cherry Bomb 918D, Stoplight Red 911D, Red Velvet 910D and Smokin' Hot Pink 905D. All of them are gorgeous and vibrant colors and looks amazing on my skin tone! For reference I'm in between NC45 and NC50 in MAC.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Wet Ďní Wild Mega Last Lip Color in the shade 914C Mocha-licious is what some women of color say is a great neutral or nude shade, but itís dark on my NC45 skin. It also has a red tone in my opinion. I wouldnít go as far as to say itís a brick color, but itís definitely not mocha on me. I agree with what I read in the review below me: this is a ďsuper brown Ď90s lipstick.Ē Despite its color, itís flattering & itís one I know Iíll wear daily. The lipstick itself is is creamy, easy to apply, opaque, & it sets semi-matte. These are awesome $2 lipsticks I highly recommend.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

A few days ago I bought Megalast Lipstick for the very first time in Rosebud and I had it on for about 5 hours until I ate something and it didn't feel that dry and it didn't cause any dry cracks and lines on my lips so I thought the formula was fine. I also had got a few other colors and they did dry my lips some and caused a little peeling skin and lip cracks I hadn't had before using these lipsticks but I hoped that if I started to use Chapstick this would prevent this,and today I exchanged the Purty Permisonn which was too bright and had more of a blue cool tone on me,(even though most women describe this color as a warm orange type color,) and I got Sandstorm instead which is a warm reddish,brown,orange pretty color on me,and I had been wearing all of these colors with no lip balm at all.

So today I bought Chapstick after I wore the Sandstorm for 2 hours without any,and after I took it off, I put Chapstick on first and then put on the Sandstorm again,and it felt nice and moisturizing,but then about an hour later it still started to feel dry,and when I looked in the mirror,my lips had all of these cracks and lines and flaking skin that I never had before! The colors are really pretty,but it's just not worth it to get dry cracked lips from it! I don't like goopy,greasy lip gloss on my lips either,but it's still much better than this! When lips have moisturizing lip sticks,lip balms,or gloss on,they look younger and fuller,but when they are dry and cracked they look unattractive,thinner and older!

There are other long lasting lipsticks by other brands that don't dry out your lips,like NYC Expert Last Lipstick etc.I only have ever used a few lipstains,and many women say that they can dry lips too,but I never experienced anything like this wearing them for hours! Wet n Wild really needs to improve this formula and add more moisturizers and somehow make this lipstick with less of whatever ingredient(s) cause such dryness and cracking!

Also, while not long lasting,LA Colors has very pretty,moisturizing lipsticks for only a dollar at Dollar Tree and Dollar General.

on 3/30/2015 10:13:00 AM

I own several of these. They are not my first grab. I actually leave 2 of these 902C (Bare it all) and 907C (Mauve outta here) in my desk drawer in case I forget my lipstick at home. These are true mattes dry dry dry. So if your lips are flaky or chapped these are not going to be pretty. They will last though which is great if you don't have time to re-apply . For the price they are a pretty good alternative and I have seen several you tube dupe videos that a lot of these lippies are close dupes for the more expensive MAC. The one thing I HATE about these is the packaging. The product is far above the tube, the cap is narrow which makes it hard not to clip the lippy while removing or replacing the cap and not nicking the product. But WnW are not overly good about packing because they need to cut corners somewhere but for those that it might bug, pass it by.

on 3/30/2015 9:53:00 AM

Update: So I went to Walgreen's to shop for more shades, and discovered the packaging for these matte lipsticks has changed, and so I have no idea whether or not the formula has changed. When I buy one of these in the new incarnation, I will edit my earlier review.

First review: Agree that this is an amazing product for the price. I love matte lipsticks that don't smear all over my face, that don't emphasize lip lines, that leave a stain where I want it so that, as it begins to wear off, I don't look washed out by pale lips with an icky red outline. If you want moisturizing, super glossy, etc., don't even consider these. If you like a stays-put, richly pigmented lipstick, give this a try. I love 912C and 915B, and intend to try the even more neutral shades, based on other MUA reviewers' recommendations. At the price, not a heart breaker if the color doesn't work.

on 3/19/2015 6:17:00 PM

I bought eight of these today because they are dirt cheap and I've been a little lipstick obsessive lately. My favorite is Sugar Plum Fairy..it looks super purple in the tube which had me apprehensive but it is gorgeous! They are a little dry and hard to apply at first but the pigmentation is great, they last fairly long, and they dont dry your lips out. overall I am very happy with this product!

on 3/13/2015 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

For about $2 per color, the price simply cannot be beat! I picked up 4 of them when they were buy one, get one 50% off at Walgreens. These are good and are definitely worth more than you paid for them, but they aren't GREAT. I really like the color selection - I got them in Spiked With Rum (915B), Bare It All (902C), Just Peachy (903C), and Wine Room (906D).

They do have quite a bit of drag when you apply them on your lips and I definitely recommend applying an especially hydrating lip balm beforehand; they do tend to feel quite dry after an extended period of time.

One thing that was a bit of a nuisance to me was the cap. I found it quite difficult to take off & recap the lipstick without scraping some of the product on accident. This is probably because the lipstick doesn't retract all the way into the barrel until you used up a decent chunk of it.

Absolutely great for the price, that's all I got to say. But remember to use a lip balm!

Popular Lipsticks