Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last Lipstick

on 5/30/2015 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I absolutely love these lipsticks!!!!! They're absolutely amazing to me lol can you tell I'm excited. I am borderline dark skin. My skin tone is a mocha color so at times I find it hard to find lipsticks that will show up on my skin. I own eight of these lipsticks so far and plan on going to Walgreens to get more. They're extremely pigmented & work well for a long eight hour day! The colors show up nicely & they're good for mixing. Because I adore the matte look I don't use lipgloss but if you want that shine feel free. They're a little drying but they work well & I don't even have to use lip liner. I absolutely love it!

on 5/25/2015 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Confession time! I have never tried W&W products until abt 3 weeks ago. I know, crazy right? Esp. considering I have been wearing makeup for um, I dunno, almost 30 years now. Basically - and as much as it pains me to admit this - I always had it in my head that W&W was cheap and for teens so as a cosmetics snob I never bothered... I was killing time in my local drugstore and decided to pick up some nudes - I always have issues with nudes and have wasted way too much $$$ on luxury brands so I figured why not try these out? I LOVED them so much, I went back and got more the next day.

Extremely inexpensive.
Cost is NOT reflective of quality.
Excellent color payoff and very pigmented.
Great staying power.
Non drying matte formula.
Wide array of color choices.

As for cons, well, I don't see any. OK maybe the packaging because it really is cheap and cheap looking, however, I depot all my lippies into a MAC palette so this is a non issue for moi.

I love, love, ADORE these! This formula specifically I gotta say, gives many other brands (both drugstore and high end) some major competition.

on 5/8/2015 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I own six Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last lipsticks in colors: Bare it All (902), Rose Bud (904), Wine Room (906), Mauve Outta Here (907), Sugar Plum Fairy (908), and Spiked with Rum (915). I acquired them gradually and kept getting more for several obvious reasons:
1. Staying power is great, sometimes lasts without re-applying almost entire day.
2. The colors are mat and I love that!
3. Cheap (but not cheap looking) :)
4. Gorgeous color shades (I love all the ones I have).

The only two cons I see as potentially annoying to some people (not for me though) are:
1. The cap easily gets lipstick stains and needs to be cleaned often.
2. For someone who already has dry lips, Mega Last might be a bit too drying. However, it should not be a problem if you exfoliate and hydrate your lips regularly, like I do...

Highly recommend to try if you are looking for a long lasting mat lipstick and don't want to spend much!

on 4/30/2015 7:26:00 PM

First of all, the packaging sucks. The inside of the clear cap has so many lipstick marks of where ive accidentally hit the side with the actual lipstick. And the cap pops off if you drop them. I have three shades. Think Pink, Mauve Outta Here, and Cherry picking. Think Pink is bubblegum pink, Mauve outta here is mauve, and cherry picking is a cool toned light red. They all kind of look fake or cheap looking on the lips but are insanely pigmented. They pop definitely. Im not really a fan of that. Theyre very long lasting as well but stain your skin if they get off the lips which i dont like.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

These lipsticks are some of the best lipsticks I've tried. They are a bit drying, but applying lip balm before (and wiping it off) has helped for me. For drugstore range prices, these lipsticks can't be beat. They last for at least 4 hours on my lips (the only lipsticks I've tried to last this long) and they apply pretty evenly. I don't notice a smell, and usually I can reapply without taking the previous layer off. They last through drinking and eating, unless it's something super oily.

on 4/25/2015 1:10:00 PM

Really like this product as a long lasting l/s. No scent ( GOOD) a bit drying so make sure to moisturize with a balm before hand or overnight. Spiked with Rum pairs well with the Fergie lip liner Fashion Darling A355 and Wine Room is a nice berry shade that would work on most skin tones. Now if I could only find Rosebud. Went 2 hours on me before wearing off,there was a little stain left. This is a record for me so would purchase again. Just keep lips in good condition!

on 4/25/2015 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I own two of these lipsticks (Vamp it Up & Cherry Bomb.) Cherry Bomb is a great dupe for Revlon's Black Cherry. Vamp it Up is a dark dark purple. I LOVE these two colors. They're very pigmented and aren't drying. The take a little while to dry but they do last fairly well if you let them dry without smudging them. (Although, I like to apply a few coats so that could just be me.) They are well worth the $1.99 I spent on each of them. I'm looking forward to buying Stoplight Red.

on 4/20/2015 7:09:00 AM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

I bought two of these on eBay for 8 when you include postage - they are some of the loveliest cheap lipsticks I own. Having started as a MAC girl, I'm so pleased to realise that high end is often a scam and good things can have smaller profit margins.
I own Raivin' Raisin and Cherry Bomb.

The good: Raivin ' Raisin is one of my favourite lipstick shades! It is The purple for my "dark" skin tone . It's a lovely matte, rich colour formula, and it's really beautiful to wear. Cherry Bomb is very popular as a dupe for other high end's - it is a nice enough lipstick which is true to its shade nicely. And the price and colour options is fantastic!

The indifferent: The packaging is odd - the lipstick cover falls off and the lipstick won't retract.

The bad: the colour doesn't stay on very long - but I'd say staying power is similar to any pharmacy brand, like Rimmel by Kates, Revlon etc.

Overall I would definitely be purchasing these again when I run out - might even try some of the bright oranges for summer!
( Sidenote: make up alley is a bit odd for having skin categories like olive, tan, medium etc, and then following simply with "dark" and " deep dark" - not super helpful).

on 4/19/2015 7:24:00 PM

I tried to give these a chance but no luck. They're way too pigmented and the colors look tacky. Plus these are so drying. Even though they're cheap, they're still not worth my money.

on 4/14/2015 1:42:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Just a word of warning ladies if you carry these around with you. They open and get all over. I have just had to clean out my make-up bag and this is the 2nd time.

Please tape your caps on if you carry them!

Other than that, I really like this lipstick.

Video Reviews & Tutorials